Chapter 01

THE PREGNANCY SERIES - TAEMIN

You added a candle to the second muffin and reached for the smallest candle. You couldn't help but smile wide and caress your belly, as you added the third candle to the baby muffin.

Everything was ready. The fairy lights were arranged. The neatly arranged candles all around the room were ready to be lit. A curved path made out of sand with sea shells lining it, curved from the entrance to the dining table, where the muffins were laid out, a candle in each.

One for you.

One for Taemin.

The baby muffin for the junior Lee Taemin inside you.

You went all the way crazy and got three shirts custom designed. One said 'Eomma'. Another said 'Appa' and the smallest one said 'Aegi'. The shirts sat on the chairs.

Everything was ready.

Only Taemin was missing.

You had found out only 10 days back, that you were pregnant. You wanted to run home and tell your husband immediately.

But,you wanted to make it special, since it was your first. After all,the baby of SHINee did not become an Appa everyday.

Now that everything was ready, you became restless. You wanted to tell him already.

As if on cue, your phone started ringing.

Hubby it said.

"Taemin-ssi! Odiya?" You asked, as soon as you answered.

You heard him giggling and smiled.

"About to start,Y/N-ssi. Actually... Scratch that. We will start in 5 minutes, once Minho hyung and Kibum hyung are done wrestling like maniacs in the parking lot." He said, making you giggle.

"I'll be home in 30 minutes or 40 if there is any traffic. Just wanted to let you know." He added

"I am waiting for you." You said.

"Oh!? One second." He said and there was silence for a few seconds.

"Waiting for me huh? Why baby girl? Want anything special from me today?" He teased,his voice sending shivers down your spine.

"Yes indeed, Mr. Lee. I need your valuable time." You said.

"How boring!" He said.

"Yah! Just get home soon. Aaraseo?" You scolded.

He giggled again, making you smile wider. You would die for those baby giggles.

"Of course. Anything for my most beautiful and prettiest wife." He complimented.

"Don't scare me by praising me like that." You said, acting like you were horrified.

"YAHH! WAEEE!? Kuray... I will be home soon. I'll deal with you then." He said, before hanging up.

You smiled and walked to the couch, throwing your phone on it. You sat on the soft, fuzzy carpet and leaned back against the couch. After a few minutes, you gently laid your head on the couch.

"Let's close our eyes for sometime."

Time passed and you fell asleep.

∆ A few hours later ∆

Taemin walked in whistling, before stopping in his tracks. His jaw dropped at the scene before him. He noticed all the decorations and smiled. He found you sleeping with your head on the couch and walked to you, after pulling his shoes off.

A gentle kiss was pressed against your lips.

"Baby... Sweetie wake up!" He said, gently shaking you.

You opened your eyes and smiled, pulling him in for a proper kiss. His lips pressed against yours softly.

"Why are you sleeping here baby? You're supposed to be in bed and what's with all the decorations?" He asked, once you pulled away from the kiss.

Your eyes widened as you suddenly recalled your surprise. You got up and looked around. 

"What time is it?" You asked.

"Almost 11." Taemin answered.

"When did you come home?" You asked, dreading the answer.

"Just now. Honey... Are you ok?" He added, looking worried.

Tears tugged at your eyes.

"You said 40 minutes and you took 4 hours. You don't care about me or home do you?" You said.

Taemin's eyes widened.

"What!? Of course I care. You do matter to me and you matter the most to me. Why are you saying that?" He asked.

"If you cared, you would have been home by 8. Why didn't you tell me that you would be late?" You asked.

"But... I did. I did tell you that I would be late and I even..." Taemin was saying, but you interrupted his words.

"No! Don't lie to me. You said 40 minutes. You never said you would be home late. You are just making excuses. You don't care about me. You are just an immature, irresponsible !" You snapped harshly.

Taemin's eyes hardened.

"Take that back." He said, his voice calm.

You knew that you were being way too harsh. You knew that he deserved a chance to explain himself. But it was like you couldn't stop yourself from saying it.

"I won't. Its the truth. You are just a baby. You are irresponsible, immature, childish, defensive and you are just a baby stuck in a grown up's body. I can't believe I thought I could depend..." You were cut off by Taemin.

"STOP IT!" He shouted

You stopped short at the hurt in his eyes.

"Please... Just stop." He pleaded, his eyes becoming sad.

"Why should I? When you didn't even feel the need to tell me that..." You were saying, but he interrupted you again.

"I DID. I texted you, saying that the Super Junior hyungs came over and that I'll be a few hours late because they asked us to spend some time with them. I did tell you. I texted you. Check your phone." He said.

"You texted? You should have called and..." You said in a desperate attempt to save yourself

"I F***ING DID THAT TOO! I called you SIX times. SIX F***ING TIMES. But you didn't answer and I got worried. But I thought that maybe you were in the shower or maybe you were eating or maybe you were sleeping. It was only after I called you six times, that I texted." He said, his eyes becoming wet.

Guilt spread through your veins.

"Taemin... I am sorry. I..." You started.

"Maybe even I should have thought that you didn't care about me. Right? How could you even say that to me? What has gotten into you these days? You have become so sensitive and emotional for no good reason. You are usually calm and you give me some time to explain myself. You are hardly ever rash with me. You don't hurt with your words. What happened to you? Are you pregnant or something?" He said.

You gasped at his words and hung your head.

"Yes." You whispered.

"WHAT!!?" He said, sounding shocked.

You looked into his eyes and nodded.

"Yes. I am pregnant Taemin." You repeated.

"No..." He said, sounding weak.

"Yes. I am. Five weeks." You said.

He grabbed your arms gently and pulled you close, looking very emotional.

"You're not joking about this are you?" He asked.

You held his face in your hands and shook your head, smiling.

"I am really pregnant baby. We are finally going to be Eomma and Appa." You said.

"Oh God!" He exclaimed, gasping, before grabbing your face up for a kiss. You kissed him back,all your emotions pouring into the kiss. You felt your cheeks becoming wet with Taemin's tears and pulled back, frowning.

"Taemin.. Please dont..." You said.

"Eight months! After trying for eight months... I was starting to give up on it jagiya. Thank you. Thank you so much. I love you so much Y/N." He said.

It was true. You had been trying to get pregnant for 8 long months. Everytime you had without any protection, you would wait desperately. But... No use. It was hell for you both. But, not anymore. You smiled.

"No more tears baby. This is happy time." You said 

He finally smiled wide and laughed, pressing a kiss to your lips. 

"And how are we going to celebrate this happy moment?" He asked, raising his eyebrow.

You grinned wide and grabbed his hand, leading him to the table. You the fairy lights and took the lids off the muffins.

"Blueberry muffin for Appa."

"Strawberry muffin for Eomma."

"And this?" Taemin asked, pointing to the third plate.

You silently took the lid off. Taemin gasped and squealed.

"Its so tiny!" He exclaimed.

"That's baby muffin." You said.

"And its perfect!" He said, smiling and kissing your knuckles.

"That's not all. Look at your chair." You said,becoming excited.

He grabbed the shirt and unfolded it. He looked at silently for a while, before taking his shirt off and wearing the new one.

"Have I told you that this is my favorite t-shirt ever!?" He said, looking proud.

You giggled as you pulled off your shirt and wore the Eomma one. You unfolded the baby's shirt and showed it to him. Tears tugged at Taemin's eyes again, but he smiled.

"Its perfect! This is the first thing our baby is going to wear." He said.

You sat down, Taemin joining you. You ate half your muffin, while Taemin ate half of his. You then exchanged your muffins and ate each other's halves.

"What about this?" Taemin asked, taking the tiny baby muffin.

You smiled and took it from him. You held the muffin between your teeth and leaned forward. Just as you expected, Taemin was almost too eager to take a bite. You giggled as he bit into the muffin,but your giggles soon drowned in his kiss. You kissed him back. It was soft and sweet, just like the chocolate. He pulled back,smiling.

"Did Eomma have dinner?" He asked.

"Yes she did. What about Appa?" You asked.

He nodded,as he got up and walked to you. A warm kiss was pressed to your forehead, before he carried you into the bedroom like you were his new bride. 

"Now...lets celebrate Taemin style." He said, wiggling his eyebrows and you giggled, offering your arms. You spent the night in love, the bright smiles not leaving your faces even for a second.