Prologue

Taxi


 

“Latest news--the police are still investigating the string of odd deaths across South Korea. There is no indication that these are anything but suicides, and yet, they’re all connected by taxis. Sometimes it’s a driver that dies, and sometimes it’s a passenger that dies. More coming up after the break.”
 

“Do you think you could change the channel?” The girl from the back shivers. “That makes me nervous.”


Taeyong smiles, stretching out a hand and turning down the volume dial. His eyes are still on the road, but occasionally his eyes flicker up to the mirror to observe his passenger. As a taxi driver, his nerves have been running a little high recently, but he doubts the young, pretty woman in the back is anything to worry about. Her wide doe eyes are watching the buildings go by through the window, and she has this aura of serenity and grace that instantly puts Taeyong at ease.


He doesn’t want to drive taxis, really. But he does what he needs to do to get through college. And if he gets to meet pretty women along the way, well, he’s not complaining. “So, what are you up to tonight?”


She blinks, turning away from the window. “Oh, nothing much. Why?”


“Would you like to grab a drink later?”


She blinks again, and a shy smile stretches across her face.


Oh, how wrong Taeyong was. Twelve hours later, an old man finds his cold body next to the park. Police scratch their heads, the community is terrified, and a beautiful woman slips away, unseen, unnoticed, and undetected.


Her smile is hidden behind a face mask. And she doesn’t look like a she anymore. As of right now, she’s a he with bleached hair and an unfortunate smattering of cystic acne. And as she leaves Daegu behind in the filtered light of the sunrise, she turns on the radio.  





hi yes, this my first red velvet fic? and girl x girl? wow i'm really branching out during this pandemic
thoughts? comment them down below! be sure to sub/upvote if you enjoy the theme & prologue!