End

Cup Noodles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I make my way to the entrance of the convenience store looking to buy myself some cup noodles. 

 

I put my hand in the pocket of my jacket to help subside the coldness of the night. 

 

I look around the array of noodles on the shelves, looking for that one ramen that would suit my taste for the night.

 

As soon as I found it, I reach out my hand to get the last cup noodle of its flavor but at the same time another hand was on the same cup of noodles. 

 

I turn to look at the owner of the said hands and I was shocked to see

 

Kim Minju

 

I found her looking at me, shocked too.

 

"Miyawaki Sakura?" She exclaimed, obviously surprised to see me.

 

"Kim Minju?" I kept a stoic face as I say her name. Surprised at how she knew my name but I just shrugged it off. Most of the people in campus knew my name for reasons unknown to me

 

Our eyes were staring at each other as if captivated by one another. Looking at those eyes makes me feel calm and serene. Like it was a place that would bring me comfort.

 

We held our gaze for a few good minutes when I realized we have been staring for too long, I break our eye contact and let go of the cup noodles that I was reaching for

 

"Y-y-you can have it. I'll just go look for another one" I turn my back and sigh a breath of relief. Why'd I have to stutter?

 

But I couldn't blame myself, what just happened was breathtaking.

 

I have always seen Kim Minju walking around the school campus and I always found myself following her around with my gaze. She has this dazzling bubblegum pink hair that absolutely makes her look stunning. She was already pretty with her brown colored hair and bangs, but this color just suits her so well. You can't just help but stare at her. And to even see her up close like this.

 

"Wait!" I was shocked to feel a hold of my hand stopping me from walking.

 

I look back and saw Minju grasping my wrist. When she realized that she was holding, she abruptly let it go. 

 

"Umm. Thank you for this" She shyly held up the cup noodles and shook it lightly

 

"It's okay, really." I wave my hand attempting to stop the conversation since I was already about to burst from all the attention I'm receiving from her.

 

"No. I mean. You don't understand how much this means to me. This is my favorite flavor and I was craving for this tonight." She pouted a bit when she was explaining.

 

"So thank you." She breath out and I gave her my sincerest smile so she wouldn't be guilty about taking the cup noodle.

 

Then she went to the cashier and paid for it. She looked back at me and waved me a goodbye with that goddess like smile. I waved back but I could completely feel heat creep up to my face.

 

------

 

"Hey, cup noodles" I greeted when I saw a pink haired girl sitting under the shade of the tree during lunch. Sometimes, I would rest here during lunch time but never would I have thought that I would see Kim Minju here.

 

The pink haired girl looked back and saw me.

 

"Cup noodles? My name's Kim Minju, you know?" She pouted as she was following me with her gaze as I sat down a few inches beside her. I gave her a light chuckle to which she reciprocated

 

"Never thought I'd see you here. Anything wrong?" I look up to the sky and hear her hum. 

 

I look at her and saw that she that sad expression on her face. 

 

"You didn't get your favorite cup noodles today?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter