Thief

Who Keeps Stealing The Food?

Who Keeps On Stealing The Food?

     As the leader and the eldest, Eunbi held the responsibility of cooking for the members in her dorm. She'd cook early in the morning, while the other members are still asleep. She felt as if she was a mother at an early age but she didn't mind. 

 

     The members never fail to compliment her and her cooking skills and the smiles on their faces while enjoying the food she made were enough to serve as her motivation in cooking. 

 

     Everything seemed normal until some things started disappearing. She's always the last one to sleep and the first one to wake up. The members would wake only up after smelling the food so she'd hear their footsteps arriving or she'd them already sitting on their chairs after she's done cooking.

 

     But these days, she'd been noticing some ingredients and food missing from the fridge and the cupboard, fruits, milk and whatever started to disappear day-by-day but she didn't mind it, thinking she might have forgotten that she already used or ate it. Only then did she start getting worried when she could no longer find the left-overs of the food she made. What was even scarier was everytime she came back from the shower to the kitchen to serve the food, the food she cooked would be less than what she originally made, much less. 

 

     Eunbi made a plan to catch the culprit, it was a simple one, she'll hide. She planned on staying up at night and hide behind the couch, since the kitchen could clearly be seen from the living room. She waited and waited and was starting to get impatient. She checked on the the clock and found out it was already 12 in the morning but the thief still wasn't appearing. Her eyes started to get heavy and before she knew it, she started to fall asleep. Unaware of the hungry figure tiptoe-ing to the fridge and the cupboard.

 

     "Hmmm. What should I eat today?" The figure looked around to make sure no one could see her. She went back to looking for food but she heard snores coming from the living room. She silently walked to the living room and was shocked to find a sleeping lady with jinjja nice body beside the couch.

 

     "Oh shi---. What's she doing here?" The figure silently said and then started to slowly walk away.

 

    Eunbi heard her alarm and turned it off, but she was shocked to feel the hard floor. She was still in the living room. 

 

     "Damn it. I fell asleep." She sat up but was surprised when she noticed a blanket over her body. No wonder it felt warm even when she was lying on the cold hard floor. She then found an orange on the floor beside her. With wide eyes she ran to the fridge to check on the food, only to find the left-over and some other food missing again. She sighed, frustrated that she couldn't catch the culprit. She was now even more determined to find the food thief.

 

     After she cooked Tteok-bokki, she went to the bathroom to take a shower, or rather pretend to take a shower as she sneaks on whoever's been stealing her food. She waited for a while until she heard footsteps. She then heard someone getting a bowl and then opening the lid. She knew it was the culprit so she ran to the kitchen and screamed.

 

     "AHHAAAAA!!!" She said as she went to the table and sat in front of the figure as she ate and pointed at her. The suspect was shocked and choked on the food she was eating. With food in she said:

 

    "You jijent hafschu schreeeaam! The fooj will go shu waste!" She said to her unnie.

 

     "YAAA Kang Hyewon! Why are you making it seem like it's my fault? Who has been stealing our food, huh?" She scolded the younger girl.

 

     "I know you love food and all but why can't ask for permission? Why'd you have to steal it at night?" Eunbi said at the speed of light. Hyewon continued to eat before replying.

 

     "I get hungry, you know? Why is it stealing if it's ours?" Hyewon rebutted before taking in another spoon of her food.

 

     "You heard yourself. It's ours. I'm not saying you can't satisfy your hunger but you have to take into account that there are other members who eat too. AND WHY DO YOU KEEP TAKING THE LEFT-OVERS OF WHAT I COOKED? WHY EAT WHAT I COOK WHILE I'M NOT AROUND? THIS WHOLE TIME, YOU'VE BEEN EATING BREAKFAST TWICE?" Eunbi nagged at Hyewon while the girl she's been scolding continues to eat without guilt.

 

     "It's because I lo---" Hyewon spoke but was cut off by Eunbi.

 

     "I know you love food. Everyone knows that. But you should know your limits, Hyewon." Eunbi said but felt guilty as the words came out of as she saw Hyewon suddenly put down the spoon loudly. Maybe she's going too far.

 

     "That's not what was I trying to say." Eunbi heard Hyewon say. Eunbi shut up as she was embarrassed. It was awkward and silent as she waited for Hyewon to tell her real reason. 

 

     "It's because I love the person who's been cooking the food for us." Hyewon said as she looked at her food, away from Eunbi. Eunbi's mouth went agape, not knowing what to say or react.

 

    "W- wha--" Before Eunbi could finish what she was supposed to say, Hyewon fed with food, too much food. She honestly couldn't process what the other girl said.

 

     "Just eat, Dumbdumb. And next time, don't sleep on the floor. You'd be more comfortable sleeping next to me." Hyewon said before leaving Eunbi alone in the kitchen, not forgetting to bring her food with her.

 

    The food thief just left the dumb-founded Eunbi there, chewing what she cooked while her face was warm and red.

 

---