[Oneshot/Fluff] Little Notes

Jung Jaehyun X Miyawaki Sakura [Oneshots, Reactions, Imagines, Etc]

Jaehyun was fidgeting on his seat as he glanced over at the clock hanging at the front of the class. The day was almost over and he still hasn't achieved his objective for today. As seconds passed by, Jaehyun unconsciously began to drum his fingers on his desk. His actions took the attention of his friend sitting beside him.

"Dude, stop that. The teacher's going to notice."

Jaehyun immediately stopped as he turned to look at his friend. Taeyong was giving him a questioning look and signaled him with his eyes to focus on the lesson. Jaehyun mouthed a 'sorry' before looking at the front once again.

His eyes immediately locked onto the clock hanging at the front. 

'20 minutes left. God, I hope I'd make it,' he thought to himself.

Unable to focus on the lesson anymore, Jaehyun took out a small, folded piece of paper from his pocket and opened it. 

Hey there, cherry!
So, I heard your class have started practicing for your class performance, right? Just wanted to say good luck with your practice! I know you and your friends will do great. Fighting~ ;)

~J~

Jaehyun let out a small sigh before folding the paper back and puts it in his pocket. Glancing at the clock once more, Jaehyun almost groaned in frustration as there were 15 minutes left.

And after 15 minutes have passed by, the school bell rang throughout the school ground. Jaehyun let out a huge, silent sigh of relieved when the sweet, sound of the bell reached his ears. Him, including some other of his classmates, quickly packed their stuff into their bags, ready to leave the class any moment.

"Alright, settle down. I know the lesson is over and all of you are eager to go home. But we still need to discuss what your class is going to do for the upcoming school festival, remember?"

Jaehyun almost cursed at the teacher for holding the class back. But nevertheless, he sat down and listened throughout the whole discussion which lasted exactly 10 minutes.

Once the discussion was over, Jaehyun wasted no time as he took his bag and left the classroom, earning questioning glances and looks from his classmates, including his own friends.

"What's up with him today?" Taeyong asked as he walked over to Yuta's desk.

"Who knows?" Yuta shrugged his shoulders, a knowing smile crept up his face. "But I could take a couple of guesses."

Jaehyun made a quick run to the 2nd floor and headed towards a certain 2nd-year classroom. Once he spotted the label Class 2-3, he slowed down to a normal walking pace.

A certain familiar figure standing in front of the classroom caught his attention and he decided to call them out.

"Jungwoo!"

The mentioned person looked up and saw the older male heading towards him.

"Hyung? This is a surprise," Jungwoo faced him and smiled. "Anything you need?"

Before Jaehyun could even speak, Jungwoo cut him off.

"Hold on, let me take a quick guess," he pondered. "You were looking for me, weren't you~?"

"As if."

"Ouch! Can't you at least play along with me for a second?" Jungwoo feigned a hurtful look but Jaehyun wasn't fazed by it and shrugged his shoulder in response.

"Too bad, I don't feel like it right now. I need to find-"

"Your little 'cherry' right?" Jungwoo cut the older male off, once again. "Too bad, hyung. You missed her a few minutes ago."

"WHAT? Where did she go?"

"I think I heard her mentioning the library earlier. So, my guess is she's probably over there," Jungwoo answered. Jaehyun let out a relieved sigh. He thought she had left the school already but it seems like he still has time to catch up to her.

"The library. Right, got it. Thanks, Jungwoo!" Jaehyun patted the younger male's arm in gratitude before dashing off to the library.

"You know, a dinner treat would be a nice thank you gift!"

"In your dream!"

Jaehyun stood in front of the library door to catch his breath. He fixed his uniform and hair before entering the ever-silent library.

He noticed how some students were still hanging around in the library. Be it if it was a study group or just a group of friends talking or gossiping. Not that they were his main concern. He needed to find her, fast.

He walked around the library, through the bookshelves, the study desks, and even the discussion rooms. Just when he thought he might have missed her once again, a familiar figure standing at the end of the library caught his eyes.

It was her, the one he was searching for, Miyawaki Sakura.

The young female was flipping through the pages of a book in her hand. She looked so focused on the book that she didn't even realize she was being stared at.

Jaehyun quickly hid behind a nearby bookshelf to cover himself from being spotted. And once he hid, right on cue, Sakura looked over at the spot he was standing earlier. Her eyes looking and scanning around the same area. It took her a while before she averted her gaze, resuming with her reading at the same spot.

Jaehyun had been peering through the slips of the books throughout the time. He unconsciously let out a small sigh, grateful of his own actions by moving out of her sight.

Without wasting any time, he took out the small note he had kept in his pocket earlier in class. Opening it up, he made sure it was the same exact note he had written for her.

He peered through the slips once again. Sakura was still standing on the same spot, except this time, she went and took out a different book from the bookshelf in front of her.

Jaehyun was glad she was still there. But the real question now, how was he going to give her the note without being caught?

Yes, this has been a thing that he does from long ago until now. He would secretly place his notes near her, be it in her locker, her books and even on her own desk in the class.

It might look creepy and weird to some people. Who wouldn't feel that way when they kept on receiving the same anonymous notes almost every day?

Not to Sakura, at the very least.

The first time she received his first note, she merely thought of it as just a small letter from a secret admirer. After a week, it became apparent that she was worried about the small notes' frequent appearance. Especially when she always failed to identify who the sender was.

Jaehyun was about to stop giving her the notes since it might make her feel uncomfortable but by sheer luck, he learned that she had been facing difficulties and troubles around the school and wanted nothing more than just to receive encouragement from someone.

So, he decided to give her a different kind of note. A little extra long note added in with her favourite macaroon on that particular day.

Long story short, it made her happy. And ever since then, she would be smiling whenever she found his notes and read them. (He thanked Jungwoo for telling him that).

Seeing her smile was all that he wanted to see and he would do anything to make sure that smile remained shining.

That is why he must give her his note today. He HAS to. Just like how he had always given her his notes every other day.

For what reason he started doing so in the first place?

Simple. Because Jung Jaehyun himself has a crush on her.

The moment she enrolled in their school, everyone was making a huge fuss about her. Not to mention, she is a cousin of Yuta, his own friend, and classmate. And it happens to be that Yuta asked him and Taeyong to accompany him to send Sakura back home. 

The moment they met, he was mesmerized.

Her kind smile, her humbleness and her down to earth attitude - everything about her captured his attention.

Ever since then, he couldn't stop thinking about her. He wanted to talk to her but he could never seem to be able to do so.

That's where Taeyong suggested the idea of writing her a note or something. And Yuta once mentioned how Sakura was fond of any forms of writings and she felt handwritten notes or letters to be a more sincere and genuine type of writing.

That's how it all started.

Shaking the sudden flashback out of his thoughts, Jaehyun looked over to where Sakura was standing earlier. Much to his surprise, she was no longer there.

Panic took over him as he looked around to see if the young female was nearby. Unfortunately, she wasn't. He made his way towards the front door of the library. As he walked, he hoped that he would bump into her, even though he wished he wouldn't but at the very least, he would know where she was at that moment.

What he didn't expect was that he would end up bumping into someone else instead.

"Oh, Jaehyun!" A familiar, friendly voice greeted him. He turned around to see one of his friends from another class, Doyoung, approaching from behind.

Jaehyun quickly hid the small note in his hand back into his pocket, hoping that his friend wasn't aware of it despite knowing his usual note-giving activity.

"Just the guy I was searching for," Doyoung said with a smile and patted Jaehyun's shoulder.

"O...kay? Do you need something?"

"Nothing much. Just asking for a little favour if you don't mind," he asked and Jaehyun raised one eyebrow in response. Doyoung showed him three thick books in his arms in front of Jaehyun.

"I was wondering if you could help bring this to the teacher's room? To Mr. Kim Joo Yoon, to be precise."

Jaehyun was about to ask why he has to do it but Doyoung cut him off before he could say anything.

"I would do it myself, you know? But I got several other tasks to settle here and it might take a while. Besides, the teacher wanted these books as soon as possible if he could," he explained. Without any further notice, Doyoung shoved the books into Jaehyun's arms, leaving the latter perplexed.

"Thanks a lot, Jaehyun! You saved me a lot of time!"

And just like that, Doyoung darted off somewhere, leaving Jaehyun with the books he gave him behind.

"Thankfully, you and I are friends..." Jaehyun mumbled to himself before letting out a small sigh and went towards the exit.

Right before he could exit the library, Doyoung reappeared.

"Jaehyun, thank god you're still here," he said and somehow, Jaehyun could guess what was coming up.

"What? Is there more books that I need to give to Mr. Kim?"

"Yep!"

Him and his big mouth.

Doyoung went and stacked another two books in Jaehyun's arms. With a total of five books in his arms, the heaviness has started to become more apparent. Thankfully, he's strong enough to carry it all by himself.

"Man, if I was to carry all of these, I'd probably tumbled down by now," Doyoung commented in a dramatic tone.

"Oh, by the way, I should probably return this to you as well."

Doyoung took out a familiar notebook and showed it to him. Jaehyun realized it as his own notebook.

"Oh, that's right. You borrowed it to copy our classes notes."

"It's not copying! It's revising!" Doyoung defended himself and ended up receiving a skeptical hum from Jaehyun.

"Anyway, I'll just leave this here," Doyoung placed the notebook above the stack of books in Jaehyun's arms.

"Dude, my bag is right behind me. Can't you at least put it in there?"

"Sorry, I have to go back and do my tasks. You'll manage, I know you can. So, good luck!" And he quickly darted off once more.

The audacity.

Jaehyun let out a sigh for the umpteenth time before finally leaving the library. He quickly made his way to the teacher's room to send the books and focus back on his previous task.

'I hope she hasn't gone back,' he thought. If she really has gone back home, he would have to prepare a new note and placed it in her locker as a last option - apologizing for not sending her one today.

The teacher's room label came into view and Jaehyun quickens his pace.

Unfortunately for him, the moment he was about to enter the room, someone else opened it and they accidentally bumped into each other - causing half of the books in his arms to fall down and hit the floor.

"Whoa, sorry about that!" Jaehyun quickly knelt down and set aside the other books to pick up the fallen ones.

"No, no, it's fine! I'm the one who should apologize."

A familiar, soft voice that spoke up made him froze in place. When he looked up and made eye contact, his breathing hitched.

The person he bumped into was none other than Sakura herself. The young female had a guilty look on her face as she knelt down to pick up a book that fell nearby. 

"Hey, it's fine. It's clearly my fault for not looking around," he said and placed the books he picked up to stack it with the others before holding out his hand at her. 

"Here, I'll take that book off from you."

"No, please. Let me help, sunbaenim. It's the least I could do after what happened."

Jaehyun wanted to protest but looking at her determined eyes made the words stuck in his throat. He wasn't sure how long he had been staring at her but her voice snapped him out of his trance.

"Sunbaenim?" she called out, her previous firmed look was replaced with a worried expression.

Panic was slowly enveloping him as he thought of a way to break the awkwardness.

Fortunately, someone else did the favour for him.

"What was that ruckus about?"

A gruff voice came from the teacher's room. An elderly man stood by the door of the teacher's room, looking at the scene in front of him. It was none other than Mr. Kim Joo Yoon himself.

"What are you two doing on the floor?" he asked, eyes focusing on them until he saw the books that were placed beside Jaehyun.

"Oh, aren't those the books I requested from the library?" Mr. Kim asked.

Taking that as a chance, Jaehyun quickly pulled the book out of Sakura's hold and stacked it together with the rest.

"Yes, sir. I was asked by a friend to help him out because he had other tasks to do," he explained and carried the books in his arms.

"Alright then, many thanks. You can put it on my desk. Come on in," the elderly man invited him in and walked back to his table. Jaehyun followed the man inside, not before whispering a 'thank you' to the young female beside him.

Once he placed the books on the elderly man's table, Jaehyun quickly briefed the elderly man on what happened earlier and apologized on both his and Sakura's behalf. Fortunately, Mr. Kim decided to let it off, not before giving him a word of advice - telling him to be careful in the near future to avoid doing the same thing again. 

He thanked the elderly man before leaving the teacher's room only to be surprised when he saw Sakura standing outside the room.

"Oh, you're still here?" Jaehyun asked and the young female nodded her head.

"Yeah, I was waiting for you to come out," she answered and somehow, Jaehyun had a bad feeling about it.

"Oh, r-really? Why is that?" 

Jaehyun cursed himself for stuttering in front of her but thankfully, she didn't seem to notice it. She looked hesitant and that made him even more worried. Not long after that, she took out a familiar-looking notebook.

"Oh, isn't that..." his words trailed off as he looked at Sakura.

"Your...notebook right?" Sakura finished his statement as she held it out to him. Jaehyun smiled and nodded his head, somewhat relieved it wasn't something serious or anything. 

"Yeah, must have overlooked it. Thanks for picking it up," he thanked her and took the book but Sakura wasn't letting go of her hold. In fact, she had a faraway look on her face as she stared at his notebook.

"Sakura?" he called her out and it immediately snapped her out of her trance.

"Are you okay?" Jaehyun asked and this time, Sakura had a smile on her face as she nodded her head.

"I'm fine, thank you for asking."

Sakura slowly released her hold on the book and bowed slightly before leaving the area. When she was several steps away from him, she turned around and smiled at him.

"Jaehyun-sunbaenim," she called out, the smile never once faded away. "Thank you."

With that, she took off and head towards her classroom disappearing from his sight.

Jaehyun, who was surprised by her sudden gratitude, look down the hallway where she was at earlier. He could feel his heart beating loudly against his chest. He wasn't sure what suddenly made her say so but it felt nice and warm.

His hand unconsciously slipped into his pocket, only to realize something was off. He dug further into his pocket, hoping that it wasn't just his brain overthinking things. 

Unfortunately, it wasn't.

The note was gone.

"Are you kidding me right now...?" he muttered under his breath before running his hand over his hair in frustration. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly. He tried recalling when or where it might have slipped out. The last time he took it out, it was at the library.

But if he had dropped it there, Doyoung would have told him about it since even he knew of his little secret routine.

Jaehyun went and retraced his steps. Starting from the library until he reached the teacher's room. 

Nothing. 

He had made sure he didn't leave any nooks and crannies unchecked and even went as far as asking students if they were walking nearby and spotted or picked up his note.

It carried on until it was very late in the evening, where most students would have finished their extra period or club activities and went home. With a heavy heart, Jaehyun decided to let it go and assumed he had lost it.

He headed back home with a dejected look on his face, not knowing someone had been watching him ever since he left the teacher's room to find his little note.

 

Time skip: Next Morning

Jaehyun headed towards the lockers as soon as he arrived at school. He spotted both Taeyong and Yuta near his locker before the latter saw him and greeted.

"Yo, Jaehyun! How's yesterday mission going for you?" Yuta asked. Jaehyun stood in front of his locker, in between his two friends before letting out a big sigh and looked at Yuta with a sad smile.

"Let's just say, I messed up a bit," he answered.

"Damn, what happened?" Taeyong asked.

"Yeah, tell us~"

Jaehyun eyed Yuta doubtfully at his amused tone. But then again, it's Yuta. He doesn't take anything seriously - unless it's about his friend, Winwin.

"Well?" Yuta prodded and Jaehyun went and told them everything that happened yesterday. While Taeyong looked worried, Yuta remained calm and cool.

"You sure it wasn't Sakura who ended up finding it and picked it up?" Taeyong asked as he crossed his arms against his chest. Jaehyun didn't want to think so. But at this point, he wouldn't be surprised if she did find it.

As if on cue, familiar laughter from a distance caught his ears and his eyes made their way down the hallway. As he expected, Sakura was there with her friends - laughing at whatever they were talking about. She looked happy as she usually does, which made him wonder if the young female really did found his note.

Unconsciously, Jaehyun let out a depressed sigh which caught both Taeyong and Yuta's attention. 

"Come on, bro~! Chill!" Yuta slung one arm around Jaehyun's shoulder, slumping against him. "Either she found it or not, that shouldn't stop you from giving her your notes again, right?"

"Yuta, didn't you just heard what Jaehyun just told us?"

"So? Doesn't mean he should suddenly stop doing it unless he wanted her to find out that he IS indeed the sender of those notes."

"It's as if you're telling him to forget about what happened yesterday and act like nothing."

"Better than stopping and unintentionally exposing himself as the mysterious sender all this while~"

Before Taeyong could even reply to that statement, Jaehyun stopped them.

"Guys, guys. It's fine. I'm alright," Jaehyun said. "Besides, as Yuta said, I'm still going to give her the notes, regardless if she knew if it was me or not."

Taeyong had a doubtful look on his face while Yuta was beaming up.

"Atta boy~! Now, what are you waiting for? Hurry up and give her your note! You have spare notes in your locker right? Open it up!"

At this point, Jaehyun wondered if Yuta was scheming something but that's the least of his concern right now. 

"Will you be patient? I'm working on it," and as he unlocked his locker, two notes suddenly fell out from his locker. One of them was a very familiar-looking note while the other was a different kind of note he never saw before.

He picked up both of the notes and surely enough, the familiar-looking note was his own note from yesterday. He wondered who gave it back to him and how whoever gave it back knew it was him in the first place. But the real question now was, who gave him the other note?

It was folded in two, just like he did with his own but what stood out about the unknown note was its symbol. 

A cherry blossom.

"Oho~? That's a very general-looking symbol, don't you think so, Jaehyun?" Yuta's amused tone was the least of his attention as he slowly unfolded the note and read its contents.

Dear "J",
Are you surprised to find your note yesterday along with mine? Well, you better be! Because now, you'll understand how it feels to receive a random note all of a sudden. But then again, I bet you'll know who I am by the time you finish reading this. Or...maybe not? If not, well, I guess you wouldn't mind receiving my notes from now on too, would you, sunbaenim~?

~ From 🌸 ~

Jaehyun couldn't believe his eyes when he read the note in his hand. Was it real? Or is it a prank? Yuta had been grinning from ear to ear for a while and as much as he wanted to think it was a prank, he looked over to where his source of attention was earlier and much to his surprise, she was looking at him and gave him a smile - a playful and teasing smile.

The school bell rang and the crowd slowly dispersed, making their way to their respective class, including Sakura and her friends.

Jaehyun couldn't tear his eyes from her, as much as Yuta or Taeyong were waving their hands in front of him or moved him by the shoulder, all that was running in his mind was one thing.

These note exchanges will be his favourite routine from now on.

----------

There you go, a little fluff, oneshot of Jaehyun X Sakura~! I have to admit, these two are growing on me and it still does even to this moment (regardless they don't have any interactions IRL).

More will be coming up and I'm planning to upload my other ideas before opening up the request section for you guys! Be sure to anticipate it!

Oh, before I forgot, check out my other Sakura X boys book in my profile~! I assure you, you won't regret it! Or at least, I think so!

Until then, see you~!