The Meeting

A Simple Vacation

~California~

YEANA’S POV

It was a regular day. No different. School. Basically nothing changed, until today.

“Yeana!” That was one of my best friends, Derby, or Kim Eunhye.

“hey Derbs!”

“How’s it going?”

“ Nothing much. Where’s Minah and Minhee?” We tend to call our friends by our Korean names. It became a habit.

“I don’t know, but I’m sure that there not at school yet.”

MINAH’S POV

Damn, why did Minhee take so long this morning? Now we’re gonna be late.

“What took you so long this morning?!”

“I woke up late so it took longer.” Both of us were panting as we reached the school gates just as the bell rang.

RING RING RING!

“AAAAH!” We both screamed knowing we were know late.

EUNHYE’S POV

OMG! Minah and Minhee are late. They usually aren’t. hm….i guess today is a lucky day for them. Ms. Kang is absent so we have a sub.

“Good morning class, I am you sub for today. My name is Mr.Varner.
I will know begin taking attendance.” As if it was planned, they came crashing through the door panting with their uniforms messed up.

“Tsk tsk girls, take your seats so I can take attendance.”

During class, I wasn’t paying any attention. I was too busy daydreaming about what we would do. My cousins were coming from Canada and they were living at my house.
MINHEE’S POV

During class, I noticed that Eunhye wasn’t paying attention so I peeked over to her table and saw a piece of paper listed with different activities. Without Mr. Varner looking, I whispered into her ear.

“Whatcha doing?” At that she screamed and I backed into my seat not wanting to get into trouble.

“Is there a problem Ms. Kim?”

“ No, not at all” I could tell she was scared. She was always the quiet type. Then he went back to his lecture and she gave me a death glare and a ‘what the hell was that for?!’ look. Then the bell rang signaling the end of the day. [ I fast forwarded everything.]

~Afterschool~

“What are you guys doing today?” Asked Yeana.

“Training and swimming” replied Eunhye

“Training for me!” piped Minhee.

“Nothing” said Minah.

“Hey Minah, want to come over to my house and finish our homework?” questioned Yeana.

“Sure, why not?”

“Come on Minhee, we don’t want to be late for practice.” Said Eunhye as she walked towards the YG building with Minhee.

EUNHYE’S POV

Minhee and I were YG entertainment trainees. Yes, we do live in the States but we’re leaving in a week to meet up with other trainees from Canada and Korea to do some project.

“What do you think Korea will be like?” asked Minhee.

“I don’t know.” I don’t really think much about going to different countries ever since one of my best friends since preschool moved to Taiwan. Another one of my best friends also moved to the Philippines. Only Yeana has seen both of them but Minah and Minhee haven’t met any of the two.

“Come on, cheer up! There’s gonna be Super Junior, DBSK, SHINee, Big Bang! Come on! We know you love them.” Minhee always tried cheering me up and some how it always worked. I started smiling.

“See! I knew they would make you happy. We have to go or else we’ll be late.”

Then we both started running inside the building and up the stairs. We liked to get a warm up since we couldn’t make it to the warm up part of practice.

“Glad everyone could make it today. I have a special announcement to make.” He was our coach. Today must be a lucky day cuz whenever he makes announcements we never have practice.

~Somewhere Else~
“I’m gonna miss Eunhye and Minhee when they leave for Korea.” Minah and Yeana tried their best not to make them feel bad for leaving. It was really sad. But they knew it was their dreams to become artists. Soon they reached Yeana’s house and stepped in. The first thing they saw was Yeana’s mom baking sweets in the kitchen and the house a mess.

MINAH’S POV

“Mom, what happened in here?” Yeana was really surprised to see her always neat house like this.

“Don’t worry honey, everything will be fine.” Replied her mom. “Why don’t you take Minah to your room and you guys can start your homework while I finish baking these cookies.”

“Okay mom” Yeana then rushed up the stairs. I knew she was going to check if her room was a mess too.

“Well at least your room is still in fine.” I looked around her room to find everything where it was a week ago.

Then all of a sudden, Minhee and Eunhye busted into the room panting really hard.

“YOU GUYS WON’T BELIEVE THIS!” You could tell Minhee was really excited. Maybe their coach told them that they were meeting Big Bang. They were literally jumping all over the room.

“OUR COACH SAID THAT YG IS HOLDING AUDITIONS AGAIN!” Eunhye was sure excited as well.

“And why is this is amazing?” I asked not getting the whole ‘jumpy’ part.

“THE FIVE PEOPLE THAT MAKE IT PAST THESE AUDITIONS WILL GET TO COME WITH US TO KOREA!!!!” Eunhye and Minhee yelled, at the same time.

“Why do we need to know that?”

“You two should audition! You both can dance and have great voices.” Minhee was really cheerful when it came to music.

“That way if you guys make it, then we could all go to Korea!” I mean that wouldn’t be that bad. Then the four of us wouldn’t be separated.

I looked at Yeana and we both came to a decision.

“We’ll do it” We replied confidently.

~Vancouver~

“Hey Yooyin!” shouted Sori. “Are you going to dance practice?”

“Yeah.” Replied Yooyin.

“Can I come with?” Asked Sori.

“Sure.”

YOOYIN’S POV

We kept talking about cute boys and how lucky all our other friends were to be in a relationship. I was a YG trainee and was trying to convince Sori to join. My coach had seen her dance and was really pleased with her work. But Sori always made up excuses for not joining. Sometimes she joined me during practice if she had nothing else better to do. We walked into our classroom and our teacher, Mr. Choi, told us to have a seat.

“Class, I have an exciting announcement. As you all know, all of you will be heading for Korea for a project that will determine if you are ready to debut. If you do not pass the training tests after a certain period, you will be sent back home. I wanted to let you know that we will be holding auditions and the five people that make it through will be joining us on our trip. Tell your friends but be warned. These five people will be chosen through out the US and Canada so chances are slim. Ok, Class is dismissed.” And with that he walked out the door. There was really nothing special about the meeting.

Mr. Choi had talked to our director about Sori and our director decided that she could come with us as one of the five new trainees. So that leaves only four space left.

“Come on, let’s go to my house and do our homework.” I suggested.

“Ok, let me call my mom first.” Replied Sori. “My mom said ok so let’s go!”

~New York~

“Hey Christine!” yelled Hyesun

“Hey Hyesun!” replied Chaejin

“Are you available after practice?” asked Hyesun.

“No, I have to work the late shift at the shop cuz of training.”

“Oh, then let’s go. We wouldn’t want to be late now would we?” teased Hyesun.

At the YG training place, their teacher made the same announcement about the trainees.

“Got to go! Bye Hyesun!” screamed Christine.

“Later!” replied Hyesun.

~Back in California~

EUNMI’S POV

I remember walking to practice with Songhee with me. We would always be laughing and talking about the most random stuff there is. But now all that has changed since she moved back to Korea. I can’t wait until the project so I can go to Korea and see here again.

I remember once when we were late, our coach made stand outside holding bricks with one arm. We kept talking and laughing so loud that our coach finally told us to go home.

After that we went and bought huge cups of ice cream and had a competition seeing who could eat it the fastest. We kept on getting brain freeze and soon the whole store was looking at us like we were maniacs.

Practice was over early today because our coach only made a simple announcement about the trip and class was over. I walked my lonely path once again towards my home, daydreaming what it’d be like to see Songhee again.