Finale

Try again

It's the second time this year. You thought you're expecting since your period is 2 weeks late and you're ready with the pregnancy test in hand. 

 

In 10 minutes you gonna find out the answer. Jaehyun is not home. He'll gonna be back by 7 and you really wanted to surprise him with the good news. You guys have been married for 2 years now and really wanted to have a baby.

 

 

You can still remember the first time you told jaehyun your period comes late and you're having morning sickness for 2 weeks with alot of other new allergy. Your nose is super sensitive and kept feeling nauseous.

 

Both of you were thrilled with the thought of expecting. You can literally see the excitement in his eyes and when you guys went to the doctor to have a check up, 

 

turns out you were not expecting.

 

Both of you were devastated.

 

But Jaehyun kept holding his composure and told you 

" it's okay, we can try again "

 

 

You felt so grateful to be blessed with such an understanding and supportive husband. You can't hold your tears and cried at the very instant when he said that because you can't even possibly imagine how must've been for him to hear the same news and kept calm.

 

 

There were time both of you also have some misunderstanding and you being your childish self can't even control your emotion but Jaehyun always being the perfect husband he is even accept whatever decision you want.

 

"please remember my answer is you" 

 

 

 

 

10 minutes is up and you cautiously peeking at the pregnancy test.

 

 

Negative

 

 

Okay.. You tried to calm yourself. Maybe you checked it too early in the pregnancy and the zygote is not there yet maybe you need to wait for another week or maybe the test is not accurate and you need to buy another brand okay there's alot of other variables so yeah chill no need to freak out and don't tell Jaehyun anything.

 

 

 

Jaehyun had always wanted a child on his own. Ever since his college day.

 

You got married during your final year at college and now jaehyun work really hard to make you live comfortably and prepared enough for their new family member.

 

It's been two years and Jaehyun still hasn't give up.

 

...

 

 

 

Jaehyun entered their house and greeted by your figure cooking dinner in the kitchen.

"Whats for dinner babe?" 

You didn't reply back. Jaehyun  approach you and tap you on the shoulder which startled you.

"You're home?" you turn to look at him. Your face looks slightly pale. 

"Yeah. What on your mind? You seem didn't realise I'm home. Are you okay?" he asked worriedly while placing his palm on your forhead to check on your body temperature. 

"Nothing. Just tired." you answered shortly while taking off his hand from your forehead. 

"Here let me take care of this. I'm gonna let you rest tonight." he said while taking off your apron and let you rest in the living room. 

See? What a perfect husband.

You just let jaehyun do the cooking and you lie down on the couch. Closing your eyes with a pillow.

 

 

 

 

You didn't realise how long did you doze off and woke up in the bedroom instead.

Gosh why I'm so tired tho? Not that I'm working or something.

You sat on the bed and Jaehyun came out from the bathroom with something in his hand.

"Found this in the dustbin." he said, showing what's in his hand. 

 

 

Crap you forgot to dispose the pregnancy test properly so that jaehyun won't find it now that he found it you have to tell him everything.

"Yeah." your answer were short. Jaehyun right away knew something is wrong. It's unusual for you to not talk to him unless there's something bothering you. 

 

 

Youre just tired. Mentally. And you're not in a mood to talk at all.

 

"You know if you wanna talk I'm here." jaehyun sat beside you. Tried to make you look at him. 

 

Don't say it. 

 

"I'm fine. Just tired" you're still avoiding his gaze by staring at your lap. 

Jaehyun reached for your hand and holds it firmly in his. 

 

Dont say it 

 

"It's alright dear. We can try again." 

 

That's it

 

And you broke down to tears. 

 

 

.... 

 

 

 

 

Jaehyun seems wanted to say something, but he choose to embrace you and let you pour your heart out. 

Jaehyun felt guilty because he's the reason you felt stress all this time. 

 

 

He knows you're happy with him but sometimes his wish were a burden to you which affects your relationship in a bad way. 

 

You lifted your head to see him after you had manage to control your tears. 

 

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't make you worried. You must've been tired with work" you said as tears still flowing out of your eyes. 

 

He looks at your crying mess. You can see the disappointment in his eyes but he still smiling. 

 

You felt way worse than before when you thought that you don't deserve him as your husband. You doesn't even know what good deeds you've done to deserve this perfect man as your husband. 

 

He always there for you whenever you need him. He always give his shoulder to cry on. And he always be there for you when you need him. Every tears happy or sad he always been there for you. 

 

 

 

Jaehyun is the strongest man you have ever met. 

 

His smiles falters away. He turns his head to another direction and shed a few tears who manage to escape. You can see how hard he tried to hold his tears and having a difficulty to breath due to it. 

 

You know that he is forcing himself to be strong for you and deep down he is disappointed too. 

 

He quickly gain his composure back and turn to face you. He wipes your remaining tears even though his eyes still teary. 

 

He is smiling although his heart filled with sorrow. 

 

He is still a mere human. He can cry when he feel sad and he can feel frustrated. 

 

 

But you are proud of him. He still can smile in sadness, comfort you and shed your tears. 

 

 

In his sorrow, he still can accept everything sincerely. 

 

In his sorrow, he still can be patient with everything that had happen to both of you and chose stay by your side. 

 

You hold his hand and smiled. 

 

This time you shed his tears. Jaehyun let you caress his cheek. 

 

As you stare at him you  can still see his tears started to form. 

 


“yeah, you’re right. We can always try again and again right baby? it’s not like we’re going to die” you said smiling. 

 

He nods whilst let a small chuckle. 

 

“I’m sorry, it’s not that i’m disappoi-“

 

“dont you hear it Jae? the bed is calling for us. Let’s try again?”

 

 

........ 

 

:')