01: The Troublemaker

Seducing Mr. Bodyguard

“Why is your house quieter than usual today?” Taehyung, Jimin’s best friend, asked as he plopped down on the couch next to Jimin who was busy scrolling through his Samsung S10. “Where is your father?”

Eyes focused on his smartphone’s screen, Jimin shrugged his shoulders at the second question. “Eh, he’ll come soon. Anytime from now.”

“What do you mean?”

Jimin looked up from his phone and flashed Taehyung a sly smile.

Taehyung narrowed his eyes, giving Jimin a suspicious look. “What did you do this time?”

He slid his phone on the coffee table as it stopped right in front of Taehyung’s direction. Taehyung picked the gadget up in his hands. He started to read the headline of an article published in Business World Today site. “Son and heir of a famous billionaire, Park Jimin… was caught dating Son Yeeun, the daughter of Mr. Park’s biggest rival?” Taehyung immediately looked at Jimin, sending him a stare that was meant to ask for confirmation.

But before Jimin could reply to him, Mr. Park’s voice boomed throughout the entire room.

“PARK JIMIN!”

Jimin snorted. “I told you, he will come.”

As if on cue, Mr. Park rushed inside the spacious living room, marching towards Jimin with a red face. “Jimin, are you out of your mind!?” He stood in front of Jimin, holding his tablet that was showing the same news on Jimin’s phone.

Jimin gave out a lazy sigh, standing up from the couch as he put on an innocent face. “Why, father? What’s the matter?”

Mr. Park hissed, gritting his teeth. “Don’t play dumb. You know what you’ve done. What is wrong with you?”

“Nothing is wrong with me.” Jimin replied, keeping his blank expression on.

“Park Jimin! You know that Son Yeeun is Mr. Son’s daughter. And the whole world knows that Mr. Son is my rival in business world. I don’t like him and he isn’t fond of me either. We are basically enemies. I don’t want to be related to him in any way and you dare date his daughter without my permission!?” Mr. Park snapped, his voice gradually getting louder.

“Why should I get your permission to date someone? You didn’t ask for my permission when you assign that stupid bald head to be my personal bodyguard.” Jimin said, clenching his hands into small fists.

“Jimin, we’ve been over this matter again and again before. I need to make sure that your safety is ensured…”

“You’re really going to bring up that crap again, father?” Jimin cut his father’s words instantly. “What for? All you ever did was keep me in a cage. I want to go out there without having someone following me from behind. I want to enjoy life normally like my other friends. I am an adult and I am more than capable of taking care of myself!”

Mr. Park shook his head in dismay. “You don’t know that!”

Jimin pushed his father’s chest, causing his father to stumble few steps backwards. “Because you never give me a chance to prove myself!”

Mr. Park reached his limit then. “You are just like your mother! You want freedom! You think you can survive whatever danger that will surface out there! Because of that stupid thought, I lost her! Did you really think I’d want the same thing to happen to you as well!?”

Jimin shut his eyes tight. He bit his lower lip, lowering his head at the mention of his mother.

Mr. Park heaved out a sigh, regaining his senses back. “I don’t want to do this to you either, Jimin. I really care about you. You’re the only gift your mother left to me. You are my only connection to her. Can you please stop doing all these stupid things and just listen to me for once?”

Jimin raised his head again, glaring at his father. “Not until you get rid of that bald head.”

“Lucky for you, he quit this morning. He told me that he couldn’t handle you anymore. Just what did you do to him?” Mr. Park started to feel anger rising to his chest again. “Look, Jimin. I don’t care what you’re going to do but I want you to cut off all connection with Son Yeeun. You are forbidden to leave the house for the rest of the day.” He gave Jimin his order, throwing the tablet on the coffee table. “And I’m getting you a new bodyguard.”

“Father!” Jimin started to protest but Mr. Park held one hand in the air, warning Jimin to stop talking.

“I’m sorry you had to see this, Taehyung.” Mr. Park turned to look at Taehyung who had been standing there watching the two of them argue the whole time in silence. “You know what he is like. If he doesn’t piss me off at least once every day, he is not my son.” Mr. Park gave Jimin a stern glare for the last time before storming out of the room.

“I thought he forgot I was here.” Taehyung said. “That was really awkward.”

“You’ve seen it a billion times before.” Jimin pointed out, sitting down in an angry manner.

“Yeah, I myself am still wondering why seeing the two of you fight still feels awkward even if I’m used to it.” Taehyung said, taking a seat next to Jimin. “You really shouldn’t have done that.”

“Not you too…” Jimin grunted, taking a pillow from behind him and throwing it on Taehyung’s face. Taehyung was quick to catch it in his hands though.

“I mean, come on. You know how much he hates Mr. Son. In the weapon-making industry, he is Mr. Park’s biggest threat.” Taehyung said.

“Did you think I haven’t thought of that before causing all that ruckus?” Jimin threw another pillow towards Taehyung who caught it for the second time.

“I understand your father’s concern. Not to mention that you’re my friend and never once did I ever mind of the fact that a muscled tall man follows us whenever and wherever we go.” Taehyung said, stating the fact.

Jimin rolled his eyes. “You don’t understand.” He threw yet another pillow at Taehyung, getting up from where he was sitting.

“What do you mean I don’t understand? We’ve been friends for how many years? What about you that I don’t know and what about me that you don’t know?” Taehyung stood as well with the pillow he successfully caught for the third time. “And can you please stop throwing pillows at me?”

Jimin threw the last one, hitting Taehyung right in the face. “You’re annoying.” He headed towards the stairs, leaving Taehyung standing alone.

“I can only endure this endless torture because you’re cute, you know that right?” Taehyung said, following Jimin from behind after throwing the pillows back on the couch.

“I am not cute! Don’t call me that!” Jimin slammed his bedroom’s door shut right on Taehyung’s face. He slammed his body on the bed, pulling the blanket up till his neck.

Taehyung opened the door and sat at the edge of Jimin’s Queen-sized bed. “Hey cutie.” He poked Jimin’s cheek. Jimin didn’t respond. “Cutie…” Taehyung poked his cheek again. “Cu…”

“Kim Taehyung, you’re being really annoying right now!” Jimin pushed his hand away before he could do it. “Leave me alone!”

“How can I leave you alone at times like this?” Taehyung patted Jimin on the back, smiling. “You know I don’t do that. I’m a loyal friend. A very good friend.”

Jimin sent Taehyung a death glare.

“Oh, come on Jimin. What should I do to make you feel better?” Taehyung raised one of his brows, waiting patiently for Jimin to answer.

Jimin refused to reply. But he knew Taehyung wouldn’t leave him until he did. Jimin sighed in defeat, at last. “I want ice cream.” He muttered under his breath.

“Okay, on it! I will ask Madam Byeol to prepare it right now!” Taehyung said, looking bright as he rushed towards the door to find the head butler in the house.

Jimin stared at him until he disappeared from his sight before smiling. “That idiot.”

 

//

 

“Mr. Park, these are the profiles of the three new candidates for Mr. Jimin’s personal bodyguard.” Secretary Kim handed Mr. Park a clear file.

“Thanks, Secretary Kim.” Mr. Park said, taking the file and flipping over the papers. He let out a sigh now and then as he did.

“What’s wrong, Mr. Park?” Secretary Kim asked out of good manners.

“You saw the news.” Mr. Park replied. “I don’t know what to do with Jimin anymore, Kim. Ever since his mother passed away, he had been rebelling and causing troubles here and there. I could’ve just let him do whatever he wants, but I’m afraid that the same thing will happen again.”

Secretary Kim listened without saying anything.

“He will be 25 soon. He is my only son and the rightful heir to Park Weapons Industry. With the way he acts, it’s obvious that he is not ready to bear the CEO title. He lacks discipline.” Mr. Park scoffed, no longer interested at the list that Secretary Kim handed him earlier. “I want to train him but all he wants is to run away. I am hopeless, Kim. I really don’t know what I should do with his behavior. He is only getting bolder as time goes by.”

He picked up the neatly framed picture on his right, completely abandoning the file now. He stared at the woman in the picture with teary eyes. “If Hana was here, she would know what to do. That brat only listens to her… All I want is for Jimin to not cause another problem until he is ready to take over the company.”

After listening intently, Secretary Kim cleared his throat and raised his hand. “Mr. Park?”

Mr. Park averted his attention towards him. “Yes?”

“I think I know someone that might be able to help you with Jimin.” Secretary Kim said. “But I’m not so sure if he is up for this job.”

“Really?” Mr. Park’s eyes widened with interest. “Who? I don’t care how, please bring him in immediately!”

“I’ll try to give him a call right now.” Secretary Kim said, taking out his phone and dialing a number, waiting for the said person to pick up his call.

Mr. Park placed the picture frame back on its original position, walking closer to where Secretary Kim was standing.

“Hello?” A deep voice came from the other side of the line.

Secretary Kim smiled upon hearing the familiar voice. “Hello, son? I have a job offer for you.”

 

//

 

“So… you’re Jeon Jungkook?” Mr. Park raised one of his brows, staring at Jungkook from head to toe repeatedly. “Are you… sure you’re capable of taking this job?”

Jungkook nodded politely. “Yes. I am. I have a qualification certificate I can show if…”

“Oh, no. No, no, no. Don’t misunderstand me. I’ve seen your records. You got an excellence background, working for the Blue House.” Mr. Park said. “You just… don’t look like a bodyguard.”

“I beg your pardon, sir?”

Mr. Park scratched the back of his head. “You look more like a model... or an idol.”

Secretary Kim who was sitting right next to Jungkook let out a light chuckle. “Mr. Park, I recommended Jungkook to you because as you are already informed, he helped with Haze’s case…”

“Yes, the biggest troublemaker of the entertainment world. Known for taking drugs, the scandalous rapper. So I’ve heard.” Mr. Park said.

“And he is now one of Korea’s role model, because of his sincere acts and remorse. He was brave enough to confess what he had done to the public, receiving his punishments and now getting started again in his more promising career.” Secretary Kim added.

“Yeah, I also heard that you managed to stop the President’s youngest daughter, Narae from further involvement in ion. That was very impressive.” Mr. Park said, looking at Jungkook straight in the eyes. “But what makes you quit Blue House?”

Jungkook was quiet for a moment.

“Mr. Park, that…” Secretary Kim tried to answer for him but Jungkook shook his head at Secretary Kim’s direction.

“I quit working at Blue House because I simply wasn’t needed to be around there anymore. There are way more professional and trained men out there that could guard Blue House.” Jungkook replied, hiding the true reason from Mr. Park.

“But you see… my son is not an idol. He is not a daughter of the President either. He is a troublemaker, he is stubborn and he thinks that personal bodyguards should all just enter hell. He causes troubles all the time and he will do whatever he can to make sure that the next bodyguard I assigned to him quit before he could fire them. Do you really think that you can handle him?” Mr. Park asked, getting serious.

Jungkook gave it a thought for few seconds. “Mr. Park. I’ve been a guard for over 3 years now. And I’ve been through a lot. If it doesn’t kill me, then I’m sure I can do the job.”

Mr. Park seemed impressed, nodding in approval. “Well, my son hasn’t killed anyone yet. I’m guessing he is still sane but who knows what’s going to happen in the future later, right?”

Jungkook and Secretary Kim exchanged glances.

Mr. Park threw Jungkook’s file on the table between them. “So… Jeon Jungkook. When can you start?”

Jungkook smiled. “Anytime you want me to, sir.”

Mr. Park smiled back. “Then you can start right now.”

 

//

 

“Good luck, son.” Secretary Kim said, patting Jungkook lightly on the back. “Thank you so much for accepting this offer.”

“You’re welcome, dad.” Jungkook looked at his step-father, giving him a warm smile. “Thank you too for giving me a job. I was really bored at home. I have nothing to do.”

“I hope you can change Mr. Park’s son. He isn’t any ordinary troublemaker.” Secretary Kim said.

“So are the rest of my previous clients.” Jungkook replied calmly.

“I’m serious, Jungkook. I hope you can stick around for a long time. The last bodyguard only lasted for a week.” Secretary Kim told Jungkook. “Jimin is actually a nice kid. I’ve seen him. He just needs love and attention from his father but Mr. Park needs to commit to his job.”

“So his name is Jimin?” Jungkook raised one of his brows. “If what he needs is love and attention, why didn’t he say that to his father?”

“The two of them are like fire. When fire meets fire, it only becomes bigger. If it becomes bigger to warm people up, there is nothing that should be worried about. But they become a fire that burns the entire city down. One of these days, one of them has got to surrender.” Secretary Kim said.

Jungkook blinked his eyes a few times, trying to catch the meaning behind his step-father’s words. “And you want me to make Jimin surrender?”

Secretary Kim shrugged. “You know what to do. Now, I have to get back to the office. See you around, son.”

“See you, dad.”

 

//

 

“I’m kind of excited.” Taehyung said, lying down next to Jimin on the carpet in the middle of Jimin’s room.

“Excited about what?” Jimin asked, placing the empty bottle of ice cream to his side.

“You’re getting a new bodyguard aren’t you?” Taehyung reminded Jimin, also placing his bowl to his side like Jimin.

“Ugh, you just ruined my mood again.” Jimin grunted.

“Oh, come on.” Taehyung nudged Jimin. “Don’t tell me you’re not the least curious to see the new face?”

Jimin ignored Taehyung.

“Jimin-ah, stop ignoring me. Let’s have a bet. I think it’s going to be different this time. I got a feeling that instead of a middle-aged bald head man, it’s going to be a young one. A hot, handsome young one.” Taehyung said.

Jimin made an annoyed face at Taehyung. “I bet on my latest Ferrari car collection that he will be just like any other bodyguards my father had gotten me.”

“Oh wow, I’m in for a big treat, aren’t I? Then I will bet on my new Gucci jacket.” Taehyung said.

“Don’t you love that jacket though?” Jimin asked, giving Taehyung a doubtful look. “You better not come crying to me asking for it back later.”

“But I got a vision that you’ll be the one asking for your yellow Ferrari baby back.” Taehyung stuck a tongue out at Jimin.

“Oh, really?” Jimin pushed Taehyung’s shoulder.

“Really.” Taehyung pushed him back.

“I don’t think so.” Jimin pushed Taehyung harder.

“But I think so.” Taehyung did the same.

“You’re so going to cry for that jacket.” Jimin said, pushing Taehyung even harder.

“Stop pushing me, douche–”

A soft knock on the door stopped their bickering.

“What?” Jimin replied lazily from inside.

“Young Master, your new personal bodyguard is here.” Madam Byeol’s voice, the head butler in the house, could be heard from the hallway.

“Jimin, he is here!” Taehyung said, quickly getting on his feet.

Jimin looked uninterested, as expected. Taehyung smacked his bottom hard.

“You better get your off that carpet right now.” Taehyung said, urging Jimin to get up.

“Ugh, Tae, you’re really getting on my nerves today.” Jimin glared at his best friend.

“Young Master?” Madam Byeol called out for him again.

“Just a sec, Madam Byeol. You can go ahead; we will be down there in a moment.” Taehyung yelled, responding for Jimin.

“Alright, Young Master Taehyung.”

As soon as Madam Byeol’s footsteps were gone from their hearing, Taehyung pulled Jimin’s hands hard, forcing him to stand up.

Although he was unwilling, Jimin just let himself get dragged by Taehyung. In the hallway, he pulled his hands back. Taehyung looked at him. “I can walk by myself.”

Taehyung grinned. “Well, come on now.”

They both made a turn to go down the stairs at the same time while looking at each other, not realizing that someone was making his way up.

Taehyung who turned his head before Jimin immediately moved to the side.

Jimin, who was still not in his senses yet bumped right into that person, slipping and losing his balance. He was seconds away from falling, eyes shut in horror.

“Jimin-ah!” Taehyung tried to reach out for him but the other was faster.

With fast response, he grabbed Jimin’s hand and wrapped one hand around his waist, pulling him close and away from the stairs.

Heart beating hard and fast than usual, Jimin pulled whatever and whoever was close to him tight. “I don’t want to die yet; God save me…” he mumbled, repeating the same sentence over and over again as if he was citing a mantra. When he realized that his surrounding was quiet and his head still hadn’t split open from falling, he slowly opened his eyes.

His heart didn’t calm down at all upon noticing that he was safe, but it might had performed a summersault. Right before him was a guy, possibly few years younger than him, Jimin assumed. His eyes were big, his nose was high and his lips was red. He was… visually attractive. And Jimin could feel his strength, his muscles around his body. For the first time in forever, Jimin felt enchanted.

“Are you alright?” His voice sent shivers down Jimin’s spines, giving him chills. “Sir, are you alright?”

It was a brand new feeling. A feeling that Jimin never felt before. He wanted to keep on staring into those eyes. He wanted to keep being held in his secure and strong arms. He wanted to… wait what? “Sir?”

“Park Jimin, what is wrong with you?” Taehyung got into action, pulling Jimin to his side.

“Who are you?” Jimin ignored Taehyung again. His attention was only focused on one person now. “What’s your name?”

Jungkook gave him a polite bow. “My name is Jeon Jungkook. I am your new personal bodyguard.”

Both Jimin and Taehyung dropped their jaws on the floor, not literally.

Taehyung nudged Jimin, speaking in a whisper as he kept his eyes on the new guy. “You better get your car key ready.”

 

//

 

A/N: Uh, not so sure whether this chapter is a good start or not but it’s going somewhere, hopefully. I didn’t realize I was bad at writing until I started to write again so I’m sorry if this chapter is somewhat a disappointment. I hope that you enjoyed reading the first chapter though. Thanks for giving this story a chance, for reading up till this point and I hope to see you again in the next chapter, whenever that is. I really love VMin’s friendship so yeah, V will be an important side character. I’ll bring in more new characters in the next chapter, so see you then! Btw, in case anyone is wondering, you can search up Blue House since it’s real. But of course, it has nothing to do with this fic or anyone in real life ^^ 

Subscribe, upvote and comment!