1/1

Home Is Where You Are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: After 3-4 days, the fic is finally here!! I'm not satisfied with it, but I do hope that you'll enjoy reading it! :3

As always, thanks to my lovely beta and friend, J.

twitter

With a slight skip in his steps, Baekhyun happily hums to himself with a bright smile on his face. The sight of his redden round cheeks and sparkling crescent eyes was enough to make the palace residents to coo softly underneath their breaths at the adorable sight. Their second prince was truly the light of the palace.

 

“Hyung!” Baekhyun shouts out once he spotted his brother, the Crown Prince, turning around a corner. Baekhyun picks up his pace and crashes into his older brother’s embrace when the other opened his arms.

 

“You seem to be very happy today, Baekhyun.” Baekbeom amusedly comments, affectionately patting the second prince on top of his head.

 

Baekhyun beams up at his brother, a giggle escaping his throat. “I am! I am so happy, hyung.”

 

Raising an eyebrow, Baekbeom decides to humour his little brother. “Is that so? May I ask why?”

 

Baekhyun wiggles out of their brotherly embrace with a laugh. He stands in front of Baekbeom, taking a hold of one of the older’s hands and squeezing it. Practically beaming with excitement, Baekhyun gestures for his brother to lean down so he could whisper the reason why he was so happy at that moment.

 

“You see, hyung,” Baekhyun begins with a mischievous smile. He leans up to whisper the rest into Baekboem’s ear. “I’m...”

 

With eyes widening in surprise, Baekboem pushes Baekhyun so he was at an arm's width, disbelief written on his face. When Bekhyun’s words soon registered in his mind, Baekbeom loudly laughs as pulls the second prince into a bone-crushing hug, smiling so wide it almost physically hurt the onlookers that was witnessing the happy moment between the two brothers.

 

“I am so happy for you, Baekhyun. For both you and Chanyeol!”

 

~ ❀ ~

 

Later that night, Baekhyun impatiently waits for his husband to join him in their sleeping quarters. He sits on his calves combing through his long hair with his fingers, head turned towards the open window and letting the moonlight shine on his figure. The white sheer of the sleeping robe that Baekhyun was wearing only highlights his curvy form, painting a picture of deceiving innocence.

 

Baekhyun is shaken out of his thoughts when he hears a door opening and closing with a soft bang. Turning his head to the side, he spots his exhausted looking husband walking towards him.

 

Breaking into a bright and soft smile, Baekhyun opens up his arms and lets his husband fall into his embrace. “Welcome home, Chanyeol.”

 

Chanyeol deeply breathes in Baekhyun’s calming and flowery scent, his large and tensed body immediately relaxing upon clutching his lover’s soft and smaller body. “I’m home...”

 

In response to Chanyeol’s relieved sigh, Baekhyun airily laughs. He moves to lay down on the bed, bringing Chanyeol along with him so the other could lay his head on his chest.

 

“Busy day?” Baekhyun softly asks, fingers deftly unclasping the golden hair ornament that tied up half of Chanyeol’s long hair.

 

Chanyeol hums, listening to the second prince’s heartbeats as the other begins to run his delicate fingers through his hair. “You could say so. The new recruitments were troublesome.”

 

Baekhyun blinks in confusion, hand momentarily pausing as he tilts his head sideways. “Recruitments?”

 

“For the army.” Chanyeol replies, voice unclear as he nuzzles into Baekhyun’s chest, making the prince giggle. “Things are not looking to good, so your father suggested to be...prepared.”

 

Nodding his head to show his understanding, Baekhyun resumes playing with Chanyeol’s hair. They lie in comfortable silence after that, not needing any words and just cherishing the body warmth of the other.

 

Baekhyun knows that there was a possibility that their kingdom would go to war with their neighbouring kingdom, and despite the assurances of both his father and brother that war wouldn’t happen any time soon, he still harbours the fear of his husband leaving him.

 

Chanyeol is the strongest general the kingdom had ever seen in decades. Baekhyun is insanely proud of that fact, growing up hearing stories of how fast Chanyeol rose up the ranks and how fierce and powerful he was - and still is.

 

Little Baekhyun easily took an interest with the older, and after many years of pining, heartbreak and rejection from Chanyeol, he finally succeeded in having the other. It was difficult and Baekhyun even gave up one time, but in the end, it was worth it. Their love for one another grew into something undying and Baekhyun wouldn’t change it for the world.

 

During the course of Chanyeol rising up the ranks, he was exposed to more danger when he was sent to deal with issues near the kingdom’s borders in the name of the King, and Baekhyun had always found himself praying for the safety of the other.

 

However, ever since Chanyeol was promoted to general, his duties as one of the many men in the King’s army was lessened immensely as he could distribute his leadership and work evenly among the numerous soldiers he now leads. It left him with spare time as he no longer had to physically be where the problem arose, having one of his trusted soldiers attend instead. It was during the initial few months of Chanyeol’s promotion when he proposed to Baekhyun and married him.

 

But now that there was a giant war looming on the horizon, Baekhyun felt deep fear in himself. He was scared that his lover, his husband, his Chanyeol would leave him for many months, not knowing when the general would return.

 

Baekhyun whines and rubs at his nose when Chanyeol flicks it, pouting when the other laughs at him.

 

“I can hear yourself thinking.” Chanyeol quietly says, hovering above the prince by planting his palms on either side of Baekhyun’s head. “Don’t worry too much, love. I promise I won’t be going anywhere any time soon.”

 

Embarrassed at being caught, Baekhyun loops his arms around Chanyeol’s neck as he blushes. “Was not thinking about that…”

 

The general dips down to leave a lingering kiss on the prince’s pouty lips, catching Baekhyun by surprise.

 

“Don’t forget I know you best, my prince.”

 

Baekhyun pushes Chanyeol by the shoulder as he flushes, grumbling when Chanyeol laughs and topples beside him on the bed, muscular arms wrapping around his waist.

 

“How has your day been?” Chanyeol asks after he calmed down, loving the sight of Baekhyun’s reddened cheeks. “The Crown Prince informed me that you’ve been particularly happy today. He said you have some news to tell me.”

 

Baekhyun suddenly beams at that, turning to face his husband. Chanyeol rubs at Baekhyun’s bare shoulder, the robe he was wearing had slipped down to reveal milky white skin.

 

“I do have something to tell you.” Baekhyun begins with a grin. ”I went to visit the royal physician today.”

 

“Why would you—“ Baekhyun hushes Chanyeol, bringing his hands up to cup Chanyeol’s cheeks, rubbing the older’s cheekbones with his thumbs and watching the alarm fade away from his eyes.

 

“I promise there’s nothing wrong with me.” The prince mumbles with amusement swimming in his eyes. Chanyeol has always worried too much about him. If the general heard that he so much as tripped, he would come frantically running to Baekhyun as soon as he was free from his duties. It was adorable.

 

“But why would you visit the physician if there was nothing wrong with you?” Chanyeol frowns, tightening his hold on Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun smiles at the concerned tone of his lover, and with a shove, he moves to straddle on top of Chanyeol.

 

There was nothing ual in Baekhyun’s act, despite the hungry look Chanyeol sent him as his robe fell off his shoulders and gets bunched up at his elbows, the rest pooling on his lap. His long hair reached his waist and was cascading delicately on his back, the moonlight making his figure glow a soft white.

 

Baekhyun links his fingers together on his stomach, making sure that Chanyeol was watching his movements as he whispers the following words into the silence.

 

“I’m…with child. With your child.”

 

Chanyeol stares up at Baekhyun for a long moment before he broke into a wet laugh, tears shining in his eyes as a wide smile broke across his lips. He was so, so happy.

 

“Is it true?” Chanyeol shakily asks as he sits up, the excitement clear in his tone. “That you’re— you’re—“

 

Baekhyun nods, tears quickly springing into his eyes and rolling down his cheeks as Chanyeol gathers him into an embrace, murmuring thank yous and his love for him.

 

“I love you.” Chanyeol breaths out through his own tears. “I love you so much. I am so blessed to have you.”

 

They could now start a family they had always dreamed of.

 

~ ❀ ~

 

Sitting underneath the rays of the sun in a field of flowers, Baekhyun softly hums the melody of a song to himself. He was enjoying the rare alone time to himself, escaping the hectic life of the palace.

 

It’s been a month since he told his brother and Chanyeol about his pregnancy and a week since he told his parents and the rest of the palace. To say Baekhyun was tired was an understatement.

 

His mother, the Queen, had been calling him for tea everyday for the past week, telling him detailed experiences of when she was pregnant with his older brother and himself. Some recounts were rather… disturbing to say the least and Baekhyun would rather not remember any of it.

 

His father was less obnoxious, but still had Baekhyun angrily pouting and ranting to Chanyeol every night. His father always had to mention that he was with child every second of the day to whoever was listening; praising Chanyeol and bragging that his lovely second son would bring joy to their kingdom. It was starting to irk Baekhyun.

 

The residents of the palace would not stop talking about him. The servants, the guards, the cooks. Everyday ever since his announcement that he was pregnant, nobody would stop congratulating him and mentioning about the baby growing inside of him. He was starting to go insane.

 

If it wasn’t for Baekbeom sneaking him out of the clutches of his mother and letting him escape to the flower fields just outside the palace walls, he probably would have ended up snapping at everyone. No one likes an angry Baekhyun.

 

“So this is where you are.” A deep voice comes from behind. Baekhyun startles, almost dropping the flowers he hand picked.

 

“You scared me!” Baekhyun pouts as he exclaims with a hand clutching his chest.

 

Chanyeol chuckles, kneeling before the prince and taking Baekhyun’s hand, placing a loving kiss on top of it.

 

“I’ve missed you, my prince.” Chanyeol murmurs, staring deeply into Baekhyun’s eyes and causing him to blush. “I’ve missed the little one too.”

 

“We missed you too.” Baekhyun whispers, squeezing the general’s rough and calloused hand.

 

When the general lies down on the grass besides Baekhyun a moment later, the prince continues his soft humming as he swiftly tries to create a flower crown with the flowers he picked.

 

He knows that Chanyeol is stressed with the way the other had his eyebrows furrowed when he arrived, no matter how much his husband tries to hide it with a smile. It makes Baekhyun a little sad that Chanyeol wouldn’t share his problems, but he also knows it relates to his general duties and even if he was a prince of their kingdom, Chanyeol swore to his secrecy with the King.

 

Baekhyun unconsciously rubs over his stomach, a habit he developed ever since he learnt he was carrying a child. His stomach barely showed, he was only two months along after all, but he was excited at the fact that a child - his and Chanyeol’s child - was growing inside him.

 

A large hand settles on top of his own small one, startling him once again as Chanyeol laughs at him.

 

“Will you stop scaring me.” Baekhyun scolds with a huff, but still lets Chanyeol twine their fingers together on top of his stomach.

 

“Never.” Chanyeol teases, kissing the prince’s neck. “It’s cute when you flinch.”

 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes, erupting into small giggles when the general blew on his neck. “S-stop! That tickles!”

 

His neck has always been a sensitive area.

 

Grinning widely, Chanyeol ignores the prince’s request and starts to press light kisses on his neck. The general only stopping when Baekhyun is flushed red and panting, leaning against his sturdy and muscled front as little giggles escape from his throat.

 

Chanyeol stares down at Baekhyun with affection in his eyes, very much in love with the other. He wonders how he could have ever resisted the prince for so many years, always thinking of Baekhyun as an immature child who knew nothing of the world they live in. He was an idiot who hurt Baekhyun on numerous occasions, but he was glad that he overcame his stupidity and realised his love for the prince. He has Jongin to thank for that.

 

And now they were starting a family together.

 

“It’s time for me to go.” Chanyeol reluctantly announces when he spots one of his most trusted men coming to stand beside a servant.

 

Baekhyun frowns, staring up at Chanyeol as he childishly tries to make himself heavier, leaning more on the general. “You’re leaving already?”

 

Chanyeol effortlessly makes Baekhyun stand up, ignoring the prince’s whines as he heaves himself up. He immediately bends down to capture the shorter’s lips when Baekhyun scowls up at him, silencing him as Chanyeol cups Baekhyun’s round cheeks with his palms.

 

The general tilts his head to the side, brushing the prince’s nose with his own as he deepens the kiss. He firmly moves his lips, eyes closing as Baekhyun responds, timidly at first before standing on the tips of his toes to further deepen the kiss.

 

Baekhyun clutches at Chanyeol’s wrists, using it as an anchor as he gets lost in the feeling of Chanyeol’s lips against his. It all ends too soon when Chanyeol pulls back, both of them panting as Baekhyun leans his head on Chanyeol’s shoulder.

 

“I really do need to go now, but I’ll be back with you before you know it.” Chanyeol says, voice an octave lower as he caresses Baekhyun’s lower back.

 

The prince pouts up at him, his chin on Chanyeol’s chest. “You’re so unfair. Kissing me like that, then telling me that you’re leaving.”

 

“I’ll make it up to you.” Chanyeol promises, running his fingers through Baekhyun’s long hair, bare of any hair accessories and ornaments. He didn’t tie it up today and the general found him absolutely beautiful like this.

 

“You can make it up to me by wearing this flower crown I made.”

 

Baekhyun picks up the fallen crown besides his feet, presenting it to the general with a bright smile as the taller winces. It will be a dent to his dignity if he wore it out in public.

 

Chanyeol ends up wearing the flower crown all throughout the day anyways. During important meetings, during training as he barks out commands for his soldiers and during his meals with the royal family as Baekhyun cackles at him from the sidelines.

 

The things Chanyeol would do for his prince.

 

~ ❀ ~

 

With pursed lips, Baekhyun stares at his reflection in the mirror. Tilting his head to the side, he immediately smiles upon the slight bump he could see on his stomach. It isn’t very prominent, but it’s a start.

 

Feeling giddy, he starts bouncing on his feet, turning his body left and right to see more of his little baby “bump”.

 

“Is this what my prince gets up to when it’s his bath time?”

 

“Chanyeol!”

 

Blushing profusely, Baekhyun quickly grabs a random robe hanging on a hook beside the mirror and quickly covers his bare body with it.

 

“You cover yourself as if I’ve never seen everything before.” Chanyeol smirks, gaze dragging up and down the prince’s body.

 

Chanyeol may be right about that, but Baekhyun is still very embarrassed. The general caught him checking himself out, for crying out loud!

 

“D-don’t come any closer!” Baekhyun cries out in panic when Chanyeol begins walking towards him.

 

He closes his eyes tightly, arms braced on his chest and fingers balled underneath his chin. Baekhyun hears Chanyeol’s deep chuckles and squeaks when a kiss is placed on his cheek.

 

Slowly opening his eyes, Baekhyun stares up at the loving gaze of his husband, face hot as he quickly adverts his eyes. The robe covering the front of his body is gently tugged out of his hands, but Baekhyun quickly snatches it back with a glare directed at Chanyeol.

 

With a playful roll of his eyes, Chanyeol takes a step closer to his prince. “I just want to see the little one.”

 

“Promise you won’t do anything?” Baekhyun asks with his eyes narrowed, bottom lip protruding.

 

“Of course, my prince.” Chanyeol amusedly agrees, pushing back Baekhyun’s hair that fell over his shoulder. “I won’t even mention how you were dancing and looking at yourself— Ah.”

 

Baekhyun smacks the general’s hard chest with a hand, scowling up at him with a red face. “You’re not funny!”

 

Chanyeol laughs, a deep rumble that echoed in the spacious bathroom. “Forgive me.” He says, hiding the rest of his residing laugh on top of Baekhyun’s head.

 

Baekhyun huffs. “You’re lucky that I love you.”

 

Grinning, Chanyeol looks down at his husband, his arms circling around his waist. “I love you too.”

 

The prince pushes the general back, letting go of the robe and revealing his bare body and his small, little bump.

 

Chanyeol’s eyes widen with awe, reaching a hand out to place it on top of Baekhyun’s stomach, caressing it lightly. There was so much love in his eyes that Baekhyun felt like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter