It's In The Morning

Things He Likes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jagi!” Dara jumped excitedly as soon as she saw her boyfriend at her home. Walking around with his pajama pants on and a glass of water.
 

“Finally, you're home.” He greeted her and smiled kindly as he supported her weight.
 

“Did you wait that long?” She asked still clinging like a koala.
 

“Aniyo. I just got here 30 minutes ago.” He sat them on the couch. “I brought food.”
 

“Food?” Her head popped up and looked straight to the dining table a few feet away. “What food?” She looked back at her boyfriend.
 

“Chicken.”
 

“Chikin!!!!!!” Her eyes glossed over.
 

“Are you that hungry?”
 

“Neh! I purposely didn't eat before and after my drum lessons coz you're home today.” She smiled at him.
 

“I missed you too.” Jiyong stretched out to kiss her on the lips, a smack turned into 2 and then it became more. She kissed him back. It was soft and tender. When he was about to deepen it more, Dara pulled back a little, lips still touching and murmured, “Chikin.”
 

Jiyong backed away to laugh out loud. “Aaah, I lost to the chikin.” He sighed, Dara just watched him softly as he laughed his heart out. She loves seeing him laughing uncontrollably, unguarded and just stress free. But then he stopped and his eyes were becoming glassy. He blinked away the tears.
 

Dara sat straight and asked, “What’s wrong?”. Her brows were scrunched up, eyes searching.
 

“I just missed you.” He sighed and smiled. “I miss moments like this. I miss your antics.” He rubbed her shoulder.
 

“Same here. I miss you every day.” She said with a cute pout that Jiyong kissed into a smile. They're a sappy couple.
 

“Soon.” They both said at the same time and both just stared at each other with a small smile on their lips.
 

Jiyong's smile grew big and reminded her, “Chikin.”. Dara nodded with a giggle. “Stay there.” Jiyong eyed her and they just shared a smile.
 

Jiyong took out the food he ordered and brought them to the coffee table that serves more of their dining table most nights like this.
 

“Waaaaah! You got buldak(fire chicken) too!”
 

“With double extra cheese. There were also a lot of fried chicken variants so I ordered a bunch of every kind.”
 

“I smell garlic.” She said nodding while rummaging through the take out containers and helped setting it all out.  “Should we drink beer?”
 

“Beer sounds nice.” Jiyong shrugged.
 

“We’re not getting drunk.” She stood up and took out beer from her fridge.
 

“You used to store beer in your fridge for me.” He teased.
 

“You saw my personal choices, want to taste them? I rarely drink at home. Just when I meet with friends. Of course only the friends you know. But at least now you're here and we can drink beer together.”
 

“You always let yourself drink more alcohol than usual with me around.” He said confidently.
 

“Of course. And you like how it's my own decision to be careful of myself, less worries for you. You're girlfriend not wilding out somewhere.”
 

“Yet you decide to explore your beer preference when I'm not always there with you?”
 

“I haven't gotten drunk. Not without you.” Jiyong smiled. “Besides I'm with my girls.” He nodded. “And you said you're cool with that.”
 

“You know I support you. You need your own friends too and it's great you have them. Especially Hwangbo noona, she sure can be intimidating when she speaks her mind.”
 

“Unnie just cares.”
 

“And I love that for you.”
 

They chatted over dinner. As if they don’t talk almost every day and/or night.
 

The chicken was long gone before they started calling it a night and moved to the room.
 

“Chikin.”
 

“Hmmm?” Dara looked up at Jiyong who was smiling huge.
 

“Chikin.” He repeated.
 

“What?” She asked, puzzled.
 

“Nothing. I just missed this. Food, pet names. All of this.”
 

“Just a few more months.”
 

“And can we live together? Married?”
 

“Hmm. Yes, maybe?”
 

“Is that a question?”
 

“It is, a little.”
 

“Why?” Jiyong asked, worried. Last time they were on the topic she was more sure than uncertain. Why does she sound uncertain now?
 

“It’s not that I don't. But I'm more uncertain of my career than us, getting married.”
 

“Your career? I know you had a tough time, jagi. But I thought you're slowly getting back on track? You've been saying how much Stage K had been inspiring for you. Although..” Jiyong rolled his eyes.
 

“What? You're still jealous of me having a crush on Jiwon oppa?”
 

“You can have a crush on him, even if we get married. It's okay. I know you love me. I also look good even at my 30s. And mature enough to be an oppa to you.”
 

“So you know your place in my heart.” She patted him on the head.
 

“I'm just jealous you can publicly like him and fans don't really hate it. Both his and yours.”
 

“Aigoo, it’s nothing different from my other crushes. You tolerated those well.”
 

“But you don't go out on a date with your other crushes. Confess a high school crush on and been together on a bunch of shows. Plus the fans!”
 

“When we're married, you're going to be publicly known as my husband.” She cooed.
 

“I can't wait to visit the Philippines and read in news articles, Sandara Park's husband arrived. Sandara Park's husband this. Sandara Park's husband spotted. Isn't he Sandara Park's husband?” He beamed as he got an ego boost. She got him at 'when we’re married.’
 

“You're still G-Dragon.” She popped his dream bubble. He was already dreaming of coming home to a huge yard, there were no fences but they were also free from public's view. He was with a puppy, excited to introduce the little guy to the family. Front door opens and a little girl that looks exactly like her mother was excited to see him home. His wife staying by the door, watching their daughter with a smile while carrying another bundle of joy in her arms. He was going for a welcome home kiss when Dara interrupted him.
 

“I can change my name to Sandara Park's husband. I'll refer myself to that in every interview.” He looked up, continue his day dream, squeezing in with him being badass in interviews referring to him as ‘Sandara Park’s husband’ and nodded to himself.
 

“Silly.” Her giggles floated to his ears. Then he remembers the topic in hand.
 

“So what about your career?” He turned serious once more.
 

“You know…” She had a deep sigh.
 

“Are you thinking you won't have a career when you marry me? That it will be because you're married to me?”
 

“It’s not even that. Marrying you, wouldn't people have more interest in me?” She raised a brow at him.
 

“No. You're already Sandara Park. You don't need my name for you to be out there. Because you already are. Even before I became this relevant, you already were.”
 

“So how is marrying you a disadvantage for my career?” Dara was confused.
 

“Because you're married to me. My image. My past public image may taint you.”
 

“For all I know is, me marrying would cleanse public's view of you. According to comments.” She said smugly. There's no point in sugar coating how his public image don't match the Kwon Jiyong she knows and loves.
 

“I should've married you years ago then.” She just shook her head. “So why is marrying me a bad thing for your career?” He was serious, worried and a little upset.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter