Part 1

NEXT DOOR (MoonSun)

Part 1

 

Moon Byul-Yi's POV

 

"We're almost there," I told my wide awake daughter, Ah-Reum, as I glanced at my wife through the driving mirror. She was fast asleep with her headphone on. "Many houses," Ah-Reum softly mumbles as she studies the street. She was excitedly kicking her little feet in her baby seat. She straight up did not sleep a wink.

 

"It's red, Ah-Reum, what do we do?" I asked her as soon as I saw a traffic light. I deliberately slowed down the car as I waited for her dubious answer. "I know, momma, we stop," she answered me. My baby was definitely a genius. She eagerly clapped her hands when I stopped the car. I took a sip of my coffee.

 

"Watah, momma, watah," Ah-Reum demanded repeatedly all of a sudden. Her broken English was awfully cute, all the more in British accent. She handed me her sippy cup. I poked a straw into a juice box and I took it out before I curtly poured its filling into the empty sippy cup to the brim. "It's not red, momma, we go?"

 

I quickly looked up and I saw the green light. "," I cursed under my breath. I gave her her sippy cup before I hurriedly released the handbrake. Ah-Reum gasped at my curse. She deliberately cupped in her hands. "Mommy," she threatened me. I rolled my eyes at her. This little devil. She was indeed ours.

 

"Mommy is sleeping, bunny," I reminded her. I gave the pet name to her the day I first felt her first two teeth. Ah-Reum was crying her eyes out. Yong-Sun was busy pumping her s. I had to sacrifice my finger because I could not find her binky. She did not it. She bit it terribly hard. I simply cried along with her.

 

"What is it, bunny?" Yong-Sun sleepily asked her. She used the pet name too. It kind of grew on us. I glared daggers at Ah-Reum. She gave me a crooked smile. "Hey, Yong," I greeted my wife. She squeezed my shoulders. I loved her massage. I badly needed it. "Bunny wants Mac Doughnut, please?" Ah-Reum begged us.

 

Kim Yong-Sun's POV

 

"Oh?" I stared at my wife as she swerved the car. We were currently heading straight to a McDonald's drive-through branch. Ah-Reum was happily giggling while Byul-Yi was busy ordering. She bought two cups of sundae, our favourite, for me and our daughter. "She had enough sugar, babe." I finally came to my senses.

 

We always kept a strict watch on Ah-Reum's diet because we had a hard time putting her to sleep. I was absolutely not looking forward to stay up with her all night. Besides, it also affected my y times with my wife. "She's still growing up," Byul-Yi tentatively argued as she carefully made a turn at the drive-through.

 

This is not funny. I contemplated thoroughly in my head. "If she's not down before ten," I warned my oblivious wife and I stopped in the middle. I almost had a heart attack at the sight of our daughter. She was a complete mess. Her cup was upside down. I quickly took off her shirt. "You're so not getting some tonight."

 

"Sugar high or not, Yong, she still beats curfews," Byul-Yi booed me. I ignored her as I wiped Ah-Reum. The sundae was puddling beneath her. "Get some, mommy?" she asked me. Oh, God. She dipped her palms into the puddle and she rubbed it all over her body. I gave my wife a glare. "You taught her those words."

 

This smart . I was about to pinch her when she leaned against the car door. "I'm driving," she suddenly spat as she warily observed me through the driving mirror. I clenched my fists, instead, with a slight pout. She playfully smirked at me. I hated her playful smirk. "Make it twelve?" I shook my head at her question.

 

To Be Continued