...

Wedding Jitters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His hands are shaking as he smooths out his suit. He looks at his reflection in the mirror, staring intently at the man that he is. His soft, dark brown curls fall stylishly over his forehead. His makeup is natural, just a little to accentuate his cheekbones and feline eyes. His suit is tailored to fit him perfectly. 

 

He looks really handsome, he must admit. But then he also must admit that he feels like he’s going to faint.

 

His party has left, gone to prepare for their walk down the aisle, where he will see them when he joins his future husband halfway through the altar. Minho and his mother had done their best to calm his nerves before they left but to no avail. Whatever he does, he can’t stop being a messy jumble of nerves and fear.

 

He hears the door open behind him, but he doesn't bother to turn around, expecting it to either be his mother or his father – they are, after all, going to be walking him down the aisle in just a few moments. However, he frowns in confusion when the door doesn't open any wider than a few centimeters. He looks at the door through the mirror, waiting for whoever is on the other side to make the first contact.

 

"Kibummie?"

 

His eyes widen, his heartbeat races and his stomach jumps into his throat in a state of panic, fear, and shock. 

 

"Jinki!" he squeals, recognizing the voice immediately. 

 

He whirls around and quickly runs towards the door before pushing it shut. "You shouldn’t see me Jinki, it's bad luck," he reminds him, shifting slightly to lean against the door.

 

"I know," Jinki sighs, trailing off as he too leans against the door.

 

"You should be getting ready to meet me at the aisle," he says through the door, resting his head back against the wood.

 

"I-I know," he whispers, his voice soft and timid. "I just...I needed to talk to you first. I needed to hear your voice." He sounds so much like a child defending himself for taking a cookie out of the cookie jar without asking and it makes Kibum’s heart skip a beat.

 

He smiles softly, tears gathering in his eyes as he closes them. He raises his left hand to his chest and places it over his heart, his right hand lingering on the door knob. He'd like nothing more than to open the door and throw himself into Jinki’s arms but if there's any day for him to believe in superstitions, then his wedding day is the day.

 

Jinki clears his throat, pulling him out of his thoughts. "You there?"

 

"Yeah, I'm here," he whispers.

 

"Are you...are you ready for this?"

 

Kibum opens his eyes and lifts his head, taken aback by his fiancé’s question. "W-what do you mean?"

 

"I mean...this is bigger than you wanted it to be," he says softly. "Are you ready?"

 

He settles back again, the back of his head resting against the door. He's right. This is so much bigger than the wedding he had always dreamt of. Thousands of people are going to be watching them- the first same- idol couple to get married. No matter how much they tried to keep the ceremony private from the public, there is just no stopping the vultures that are the media- ready to report on their every move ever since he and Jinki came out as boyfriends two years after their military enlistments finished.

 

"Are you ready?" Kibum asks back instead.

 

Jinki snorts. He can see him smiling in his mind. "I asked you first."

 

A gentle giggle escapes Kibum before he falls silent. Is this ceremony bigger than he had wanted it to be? Definitely. But is he happy nonetheless? Yes. Now, is he ready? "Yes."

 

"Yes, what?"

 

"Yes, I'm ready," he replies confidently. "Are you?"

 

"Yes." There's confidence in Jinki’s voice, but it isn't cocky and teasing. It's soft and timid, almost like he's afraid. "Are you scared?"

 

"A little," Kibum whispers truthfully. He’d be crazy not to be.

 

"Me too," Jinki murmurs back.

 

He closes his eyes as he conjures up an image of Jinki’s face in h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter