Family day

"Ohana" means family

Eunbi was exhausted. She just got out from a dreaded meeting with the investors and she was now physically and mentally drained. She badly wanted to get home to receive warm hugs from her 5 y/o daughter Wonyoung and if possible (if her wife will not be as grumpy as she usually was) some sweet kisses from her wife whom she missed so much. If only she can escape earlier she would've done it as soon as possible.

She was driving her way to her house and currently  stucked in the traffic when she received a text message from Wonyoung's teacher. She furrowed her eyebrows and her grip to her phone tightens upon reading the text. It was her unluckiest day indeed.

 

- - - - -

 

"CHAEYEON!!!!" Eunbi shouted furiously while slamming their front door open. 

"Mommy?" Wonyoung asked worriedly while walking towards her mom.

"I'm fine sweetie. Now where's your mama?" Eunbi tried her best to stay calm in front of her daughter.

"Mama went out to buy some dinner for us!" Wonyoung cheekly replied. "Now mommy, where's baby wonyoung's power hug?" the 5 y/o baby pouted cutely while stretching her arms wide.

Eunbi was not in the mood for cuddles right now but she cant resist her daughter's cute request so she ran towards her daughter, lifted her up and hugged her tightly. "Mommy missed you so much baby."

"I missed you too mommy. So so so much!!!" Wonyoung started showering her face with kisses and she ended up giggling along with her daughter. 

Their sweet moment was interrupted when the door suddenly burst open revealing her grumpy wife Chaeyeon with some take out foods on hand.

"BABY!! MAMA'S HOME! O-ohh... and Mommy is here too." Chaeyeon walks closer to her wife and attempts to kiss her on her cheek but Eunbi suddenly turned her back while rolling her eyes and walks her way to the kitchen along with the baby wonyoung on her arms.

"Hey babe, don't you dare turn your back on me! What did i do this time?" Chaeyeon became pissed with her wife's behavior. She followed her sulky wife to the kitchen to ask her.

"Baby, you go first to the living room and watch cartoons while your Mama and i prepare our food for tonight, okay?" Eunbi patted her daughters head who just nodded cutely and started dashing her way to the living room.

Chaeyeon followed her sight to her dashing daughter before she glared at her wife. "So??? Care to explain why you suddenly went so grumpy today my dear wife?"

"Dont turn this thing back on me Chaeyeon. You still have the guts to ask me that after you neglected our daughter at her school's PTA meeting early this morning?" Eunbi said with gritted teeth, her voice a litttle higher than usual.

"Wha--- i texted you this morning didn't I? I said i can't make it because I'm so freaking tired because i went home late last night!!!"

"And why did you come home late again?" Eunbi asked while balling up her fists.

"I just celebrated with my colleagues because we finally set the final deal with the investors!!! You agreed right? I thought you're supporting me on this?"

"What? So its on me now??? What happen to 'supporting each other deal' that we have? I did my part, why can't you??? and my gaaaad Chaeyeon, it's your freaking day off today!!! Why cant you just spare a couple of hours for our daughter?" Eunbi let out a frustrated sigh while massaging her temple.

"Why are you so worried about that? Her teacher already texted me and she said she understand that we're both busy!!! And besides, your office is near at her school!! I just thought you will be the one who will attend because you knew how tired I was!!!" Chaeyeon kept on defending herself.

"And now your being insensitive. Tss..forget it okay?? Just forget everything i said." Eunbi turned her back from Chaeyeon and was about to walk out of the kitchen when the latter grabs her arm, stopping her on her tracks.

"Where not yet done Eunbi. Stop acting like a sulky kid will you??" 

"This sulky kid is tired. SO GET YOUR DIRTY HANDS OFF OF ME WILL YOU???" she retreated her arm harshly and stormed her way out of the kitchen while wiping her tears with her hand.

Apparently, Wonyoung heard everything that's why she ran towards her Mom and hugs her to her waist.

"Mommy... what's wrong? Are you and Mama fighting? Was it because of me?" Wonyoung started crying too while hugging Eunbi.

"N-no baby its not your fault ok? Sssh... stop crying," Eunbi gently wiped the tears from her daughter's cheeks.

"But you and Mama are fighting! And i hate it!!!!" Wonyoung suddenly ran towards her room ignoring Eunbi's words. 

So what's more worse than to end the night this way? Eunbi doesnt deserve to be treated like this after all that she did for this family. And it was all because of a certain woman named Lee Chaeyeon who turns out to be her wife. Unfortunately. She had no plans on sleeping with her tonight, over her dead and gorgeous body.

 

- - - - - - - -

 

"Baby... wake up now it's time for school." Eunbi gently nudged her daughter to wake her up.

"I'm not going to school." Wonyoung covers her face with her pillow.

"Why baby? Are you not feeling well? And you also have an event at school! You love that right?" Eunbi gently Wonyoung's messy hair.

"I hate that event mommy. I cant go there! Its a family day!!!" Wonyoung suddenly cries louder alerting Eunbi.

"Ohh my... was that the reason why her teacher called for a PTA meeting? Damn it."

 

- - - - - -

 

"Chaeyeon.. hey wake up sleepyhead." Eunbi was left with no choice but to wake her wife and talk about their problem.

"W-why.. its still early!!! Stop it babe!!" Chaeyeon covers her face with her pillow. Tss, like mama like daughter.

"DONT BABE ME LEE CHAEYEON IM STILL FREAKING MAD AT YOU!! IF YOU STILL HAVE A TINY CONCERN AT OUR DAUGHTER THEN MIGHT AS WELL GET UP NOW!!!!" Eunbi smacked her wife's making the latter annoyed.

"ENOUGH WITH THE SHOUTING!!! UGH!" Chaeyeon started tossing her pillow aside while getting up, completely pissed off with the continous nagging of her wife.

"IM NOT SHOUTING!!!"

"YES YOU ARE!!!"

Eunbi tried to compose herself. She breaths heavily. "For baby wonyo... for baby wonyo.." she whispered to herself.

"Fine! Enough already!" She sat on the edge of the bed then spoke, a little calmer this time. "We must cancel our plans today because it's family day at Wonyoung's school. So were going there. Now."

"What? But I-----" 

"No buts Chaeyeon. This is what we get for not attending that meeting yesterday. We weren't informed beforehand!"

"Well its not 'we' babe. I'm innocent. I have my reasons." Chaeyeon started patting her pillow unconciously.

"So do I!!!! Enough of all of this ok? Start getting your lazy off of our bed and take a shower!!! You stink!" She pushed her wife harshly making the woman stumble on her way.

"Alright alright!! Ugh...i didnt get enough of sleep because your not there to cuddle me." Chaeyeon murmured the last words before slamming the bathroom door shut.

"You're saying something Chae?"

"NOTHING!!! NOW LEAVE ME ALONE!"

 

- - - - - -

 

"Thank you mommy.." Wonyoung suddenly whispered while Eunbi was busy buckling up her daughter's seatbelt at the back seat.

"Aww, no worries my baby, Mama and i will do anything for your happiness. Because we love you soooo much." Eunbi kissed her forehead. 

"So.." Chaeyeon who are now seating at the driver's seat turns her back to look at her daughter and asked. "Are we forgiven now, my love?"

"Yes mama. I'm so excited!!!!"

Eunbi laughs at the cute remark of her daughter but then her smile faded when Chaeyeon suddenly glanced at her with her mischievous smile. She rolled her eyes then proceed to the shotgun seat.

"So you're planning to ignore me for the rest of the day?" Chaeyeon glanced at her sulking wife beside her.

"Just drive Chae. We're going to be late."

"Tss.."

 

- - - - - -

 

"Thank you to our dear parents for being here and celebrating family day with us! So, let's get started! First of all, the Mom and daughter game."

Eunbi and Chaeyeon who are awkwardly standing beside each other looked at their daughter who are smiling widely upon hearing the game.

"Mama! Can you play that game with me please?" Little wonyoung gently tugged Chaeyeon's shirt in a pleading manner.

"Sure baby."

Wonyoung tugs her Mama's hand with her tiny hands and walks at the center field while the MC was instructing the rules of the game.

The game started and as expected, Wonyoung was so hyper and so smart she started to outrun the other kids with her skillful long legs. She was the tallest among her classmates so that became an advantage. Chaeyeon was running along with her like a happy kid, and it brought a smile to Eunbi's face. Seeing the two most precious people in her life with their wide smiles brings joy to her heart in an instant.

Her thoughts we're cut off when the two started running towards her with goofy smiles still plastered on their faces.

"Mommy mommy! Did you saw that? Mama and I won!!!" Wonyoung started jumping up and down due to extreme happiness.

"Yes baby and i took pictures!! See? You did great my love, Mommy was so proud of you." Eunbi gently patted her daughter's head while smiling brightly.

Chaeyeon cough, breaking the sweet moment. "How about Mama? Oh babe, I'm jealous." 

Eunbi glanced at the now pouting Chaeyeon in front of her and suppressed a giggle because she really finds her wife cute with that pout. 

"Yes mommy!! Mama Chae was soooo good too!! Just like me!" Wonyoung added excitedly.

"Just like you huh?" Eunbi raised her eyebrow at her cheeky daughter.

"I'm waiting babe." Chaeyeon smirked while stomping her left foot.

"Okay. You're also good and I'm proud. So what's next baby? Let's play another game! It's my turn now right?" She ushered her daughter to the center field again, skillfully distracting herself to the teasing stares of her wife.

 

- - - - - -

 

"For our last game, family day was also the parent's bonding time so this game was made for you! So can we call on our dear parents to come here at the center field?"

"Mommy, mama, you're playing a game! I will cheer for you both!" Wonyoung pulled something from her pink bag and the two was shocked when they saw two bright pink pompoms. They were touched by their daughter's gesture that's why they ended up hugging their daughter.

"Mommy! Mama! I cant breathe! I'm still going to cheer you on!" 

Both of them finally let go of the hug. "I'm sorry baby, it's your fault because you were so sweet!"

"Of course, just like my parents!" Wonyoung started swaying her hips while raising her pompoms in the air.

"GO MAMA! GO MOMMY! YOU CAN DO IT!!" 

"Let's go?" Chaeyeon offered her hand to her wife but the latter refused and started walking at the center field not waiting for her.

Dissapointment was clearly written on Chaeyeon's face but she followed ber wife nonetheless. 

The MC started instructing the game. "This game was called Jump in a Sack! And i know you're already familiar with this game. You just have to go inside those sack and jump together. The one who completes the route wins the game!!!"

Chaeyeon hesitantly offered the sack to Eunbi. "Uhh.. you go first Eun."

Chaeyeon helped her wife in getting inside the sack while the latter was trying her best to avoid her gaze. This cold treatment she kept on receiving from her wife makes her regret everything that she said last night. She admit that she became an irresponsible mom for Wonyoung. She knew how busy her wife was and yet all she did was to think of herself. She must be the one comforting her after she got home looking very tired from work or kissed her goodnight and cuddle her to sleep. She missed her wife's touch, her longing and lovely stares, her kiss, her sweet words. She missed everything. And she will make it up to her wathever it takes.

"Are you ready babe?" Despite the cold treatment, she held her wife's soft hands and gripped to it hard preparing themselves for the game to start.

Eunbi was shocked but composed herself right away. She can't let her baby wonyoung down. They must win this race.

Upon hearing the whistle as the signal to start the game, they immediately jumped together with their hands still gripping tightly. Chaeyeon can hear screams of excitement from her wife and she can't help but to be satisfied with it. She missed those smiles and her soft giggles, and she was glad they agreed to this game because their awkwardness a while ago seems to vanish in an instant.

"Babe! Faster! They we're jumping ahead of us!" Eunbi suddenly blurted out while being her competitive self.

"Babe.. she called me babe again," Chaeyeon thought and became a little distracted because of that endearment. She composed herself once again and grabbed unto her wife's waist to take a long jump with her to outrun the other players.

"Yes! Yes babe that's it! We're almost there!" Eunbi kept on cheering for them ignoring the fact that she was now catching her breath. And luckily, they won the race with the help of Chaeyeon's long jump. They both slump down unto the grass, completely exhausted due to intense jumping. They laugh histerically, unable to hide their smiles because of what they did. No one can mess with the Lee fam's teamwork.

Chaeyeon who was still lying helplessly on the grass rolled to her left and stared at her wife who was busy catching up her breath.

"You did great babe. I'm so proud of you," Chaeyeon caressed her wife's cheeks while the latter was smiling awkwardly.

"We're both great babe. And I'm proud of you too." Chaeyeon was about to lean closer to kiss her wife when Eunbi suddenly avoided her advances and got up, leaving her speechless and somewhat dissapointed. They we're still clearly not okay. But she won't give up.

Eunbi ran towards her daughter who immediately jumped to her embrace.

"You won mommy! Im so happy!!"

"How about Mama's hug?" Chaeyeon said as she walks closer to them.

"Come here Mama!! Let's do a LEE POWER HUG!" wonyoung ushered her mom with her tiny hands to come closer so she can join the group hug.

"Lee power hug? Where did you get that baby?" Chaeyeon gently her daughter's hair while stealing a glance at her wife who was carying their daughter.

"I invented that Mama, because wonyo loves power hugs!" Wonyoung immediately wrapped her right arm at Chaeyeon's neck making the latter pushed closer to them, most especially at Eunbi's face. 

Chaeyeon stared at her wife and the rappid beating of her heart exhilarates. She badly wanted to kiss those lucious lips but then again Eunbi kept on avoiding her gaze. So what Chaeyeon did for now is to wrap her free arm unto her wife's waist for a group hug while kissing her little daughter's forehead.

 

- - - - -

 

After receiving their awards, it's time for the Lee Fam to go home. 

"Wonyo? Where's your mommy?" Chaeyeon asked upon talking to her daughter's adviser.

Wonyoung saw the bouquet of flowers that Chaeyeon was holding and her eyes widen in excitement. She started clapping her hands and jump cutely. "You're going to give that to mommy and say sorry to her?"

"Yes baby. So you should help Mama on this ok?" Chaeyeon bend her upper body so she can caress her daughter's cheeks.

"So, where's your Mommy?"

"I saw Mommy talking with Yujin's mom! And she's so pretty Mama! Just like Yujin!" 

"WHAAAAT?" Chaeyeon shouted not minding if it will scare her daughter or not.

"Mama are you mad?"

Chaeyeon tried to calm her nerves. "No baby. Do you know where i can find your Mommy?" 

"Yes Mama! Come with me Wonyoung will show you!" Wonyoung grabbed Chaeyeon's hand and pulled her towards the bleachers at the court. Chaeyeon followed her daughter's pull and there she saw her wife happily chatting with Yujin's mom as what Wonyoung had said. Her wife was patting the girl's arms and the latter giggled in reply.

Her blood suddenly boiled up due to extreme jealousy towards the pretty girl. Yes she admit that Yujin's mom was pretty but she was way more prettier and hotter than her. How come she attracts her wife's attention when she should be the one doing it?

"MOMMY! MOMMY!" Wonyoung called her mom while approaching her, Chaeyeon frowning at her back.

"Hello baby!" Eunbi hugged her daughter before she look at Yujin 's mom again.

"Sakura, this is my daughter. What's you name baby? Tell it to aunt Sakura."

"My name is Wonyoung and I'm 5 years old!" Wonyoung exclaimed while gesturing with her hand.

"Oh hello dear! You must be my daughter's bestfriend here at school am I right?" Sakura cooed at Wonyoung's chin while the latter giggles in delight and nodded her head cutely.

"Ehem.." Chaeyeon interrupted their little moment when she suddenly wrapped her left arm at Eunbi's shoulder in a protective manner while glaring at Sakura. Eunbi raised her eyebrow at Chaeyeon who just smiled back at her.

"Hello Sakura. I'm Chaeyeon, Eunbi's other half and the love of her life," Chaeyeon extends her hand for a handshake which responded quickly by Sakura.

"Ohh.. Nice meeting you Chaeyeon." 

Chaeyeon nodded nonchalantly then focused her attention to her wife.

"Babe, its getting late, we should head home now." She tugged Eunbi's arm in a rather harsh way while her other hand was holding Wonyoung's. She started dragging them out of the school without even glancing back at the confused sakura.

- - - - - -

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?" Eunbi furiously ask her wife while on their way home.

"Watch you words babe, Wonyoung is listening," Chaeyeon said while her eyes was intently focused on the road.

"Wonyoung is already asleep so dont you dare ignore me Lee Chaeyeon. I feel ashamed towards Yujin's mom!!! Wait, let me call her instead and apologize---"

Chaeyeon finally glared at her wife. She grabbed Eunbi's phone with her free hand and shove it inside her pocket. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Hey!! Give me my phone back!"

"No. You will not call or apologize to anyone." Chaeyeon said sternly.

Eunbi tugs her hair in frustration. "Why are you being like this Chae?? I dont get it!!"

Wonyoung suddenly woke up and yawned cutely while streching her arms. 

"Mommy.. Mama is jealous. Dont shout please." the little girl blurted out and whined at Eunbi's high pitched voice.

"Even wonyoung knows, tss.." Chaeyeon murmured while shaking her head.

"What are you whispering?" Eunbi rolled her eyes at her wife then shifted her gaze at their daughter.

"Sorry baby.. you should sleep more, we're almost there, hmm?"

 

- - - - - -

 

"Are we there yet Mommy? I'm hungry." Wonyoung yawned again.

"Yes baby we're here." Chaeyeon replied then shifted her gaze at her wife who became quiet the whole ride. 

"You should get Wonyoung while i prepare for our dinner." Chaeyeon went out of the car without waiting for her wife's reply.

Eunbi unbuckled her seatbelt and went to the back seat to get Wonyoung. And that's when so noticed the bouquet of flowers. There was a noted attached to it.

Wonyoung quietly observe her Mom while reading the note. Eunbi felt guilty for ignoring her wife's sincere efforts for her. 

"Those flowers are for you Mommy, but i dont understand why Mama didnt give it to you. She wanted to say sorry to you Mommy. Please forgive her already."

"Yeah i know baby, i read the note. And dont worry, I will. Hmm?"

- - - - - -

The dinner went well, special thanks to Wonyoung's lively ambiance while the little girl kept on telling random stories to her parents. Chaeyeon and Eunbi was giggling occasionally due to their daughter's bubbly antics. 

Chaeyeon was busy washing the dishes at the kitchen when she suddenly felt a pair of arms slowly snaking its way through her waist, hugging her from behind.

"Babe...Baby~" Eunbi muffled on her words because her face was burried at Chaeyeon's back.

Chaeyeon blushed after hearing the endearment. She missed hearing those words from her wife, and because of that she started to feel the butterflies in her stomach go wild. She felt giddy but she tried to hide it. There is something much more important for them to talk to.

"Hmmm?" Chaeyeon kept herself busy while waiting for Eunbi's reply.

"Can we talk?" Eunbi asked softly while slowly caressing Chaeyeon's stomach.

"Sure. Let me just finished this hmm? Just wait for me at the living room babe," Chaeyeon slowly turned sideways and kissed her wife's head.

"No.. i'll wait here with you babe.. I missed you," Eunbi snuggled closer not wanting to let go.

"How can I finished this plates when you're snuggling like that?" Chaeyeon chuckled lightly at her clingy wife.

"Because i said so. Bear with it babe...hmmm you're so warm." Eunbi's arm started snaking its way to Chaeyeon's shoulder while her stomach in a comforting manner.

"Ooh babe not there aaah!!!" Eunbi suddenly tickles her wife at her waist making the latter laugh histerically. Eunbi laughs along with her wife like a happy kid while splashing some water to Chaeyeon's face. The tickling and splashing of water continues while the poor dishes was left unfinished.

 

- - - - -

 

After changing into comfortable clothes and humming a song for their daughter to sleep, they made their way into their room to talk things out in a much calmer way. As they sat comfortably on their bed, silence engulfed both of them. Neither of them wants to initiate the talk.

"Babe." They said in unison making them both chuckle lightly.

"You go first babe." Eunbi said after composing herself.

"Uhh.. first of all I'm sorry babe. I---"

"You're forgiven." Eunbi cut off her wife's words when she suddenly placed a chased kiss on the latter while giggling cutely.

"Y-yaaah, c-can you please let me finish first? I'm internalizing here babe, you're ruining the moment." Chaeyeon frowned while blushing hard at the same time, and that made Eunbi laughs wholeheartedly.

"It's because you look so tensed babe! Relax okay? I wont bite." Eunbi winked at her wife who immediately blushed due to embarassment.

Chaeyeon pulled Eunbi's hand and intertwined it with hers. "As i was saying, I'm sorry for being an irresponsible mother to our Wonyoung. I became selfish that i didn't even think of your sacrifices for our family. My pride went ahead of me and I became insensitive with your feelings too. I'm really sorry babe."

Eunbi smiled genuinely. "I'm glad that you realized it that's why you're forgiven. But what I still don't understand was your behavior with Sakura a while ago."

"Tss.. so dense," Chaeyeon thought.

"Are you seriously asking that question babe? Isn't it obvious? Even our baby knew that." 

"Do i look like im kidding babe? You acted rude towards Yujin's mom and it worries me. I want to know why." Eunbi's tone became serious all of a sudden and it scares the hell out of Chaeyeon. An angry Eunbi is a no no for her.

"Okay okay calm down babe. I became jealous. That's it." Chaeyeon averted her gaze at her wife while blushing hard.

Eunbi's eyes widen in shock. "What? Why? That's insane! Sakura was just a friend and a fellow parent!"

"I know, i know, Wonyoung told me that that's why I'm sorry for that too. I'm sorry that i became jealous. I'm sorry that I seek for your attention and that's what i saw. I'm sorry if I missed you so much to the point where I wanted to drag you away from the crowd a while ago and kiss you senseless. You were so cold and distant to me and I freaking hate it. Call me selfish babe but that's what i became when it comes to you." Chaeyeon suddenly got up from bed while combing her hair with her hand exhasperatedly.

"Hey babe..look at me," Eunbi got up and gently tug her wife's hand to seat with her on the bed again.

"I'm sorry for acting so cold with you before. But you know what? Despite the fact that I'm so mad with you, my heart still yearns for you babe. And I can't help it. I'm missing you even if you're just beside me."

"Same..." Chaeyeon nudged closer to her wife and hugs her tightly.

"Omg babe i missed this."

"Me too." Eunbi burried her face on the crook of Chaeyeon's neck.

Chaeyeon reluctantly let go of the hug and ushered her wife to lay with her on their bed. They cuddled more, arms and legs tangled with one another, not leaving any space between them.

"There is still something that I missed babe. It's one of my favorites actually." Chaeyeon suddenly talked after a moment of silence.

Eunbi raised her head while looking at her wife in a seductive way.

"Ooh...care to share it with me my love?" Eunbi winked teasingly before Chaeyeon pinned her on the bed and crashed her lips with hers. The kiss was soft at first but it suddenly went into a passionate one because of the battling emotions they felt with one another. Chaeyeon suddenly pulled back from the kiss to gasp for some air while showering her wife's face with sweet kisses.

"I love you babe. I love you so much. No more incoming fights for now, hmm?" Chaeyeon leans closer to kiss her wife's nose while sniffing her scent.

"I can't promise you that babe, but I'll try. Because I love you too so damn much. So you better resume where you left off or else..."

Chaeyeon giggled at her wife's words then went back to kissing her again passionately, every move from her lips screams her love for the only woman to whom she wanted to spent the rest of her life with.