Don't Be Fooled

Never a Coincidence

Deep into a forest that locals have deemed unsafe, life flourishes amongst the brisk fall weather. Birds take flight to begin the long journey of migration while the mammals, spending the upcoming winter in hibernation, hunt and gather food for themselves and their offspring. And somewhere along a rocky cliff that watches over a roaring river with various boulders and towering trees, surrounding the bank’s edges, a single black coated wolf lays peacefully, content with watching the world play out in front of him and wondering about things. Things like, if there was more to life than what has been offered to him. Would the hand that has been dealt to the wolf be altered today or maybe tomorrow and the days that follow after? Thoughts as such chase around the creature's mind while he tilts its head back to let the peeking sun rays sink into his fur in satisfaction.

That is, until a smooth howl echoes throughout the miles and miles of wooded land.

The large and pointy ears atop the animal's head perk up and immediately he is on his feet racing to where the call had originated. Practiced paws beat down on uneven land, dodging fallen trunks, and jumping over unmoving stones; nothing dares to come between the wolf and his desired destination.

But somewhere close by, in a house hidden inside these woods, two young boys who were busy with their own daily activities, also freeze up from the sound of a distant howl. The two wait for further noises, but nothing is heard.

“Hyung, what was that?” The younger of the two asks shakily, auburn hair shifting with each hurried movement towards his brother.

The older simply brings his book down onto his lap and gazes out the nearest window, attempting to focus on the previous call. He has a sort of talent- a gift, if you may; Most creatures of their kind have an extra ability, special to each individual. For him it is the ability to hear noises from a great distance, that is if he can fully concentrate. “Someone’s stepped onto the territory and they’re checking it out.” He then looks towards his younger brother who is by now wide eyed and even more nervous than before.

“Are they dangerous?” He questions quietly while old memories of a traumatizing past began to filter into the young boy’s head.

“Can’t tell and they’re too far away to use the group bond to communicate, but I’m sure everything will be fine. They can handle this.”

~*~

He smells him before he sees the intruder.

The black wolf halts to a shuddering stop, hiding behind some brush, and taking cover before running straight into the scene in front of him.

The scene consists of the pack leader and head omega, crouched in a warning stance, and standing in front of the two is an unknown man clad in an outrageous amount of hunting gear, reeking of a certain flower.

The black wolf crouches down even further, ready to take action at any second. He gazes at the stranger and thinks about how this guy ruined his perfectly calm Sunday afternoon.

“Chan hyung, he reeks of wolfsbane!” The hidden wolf communicates through the pack’s bond, but remains in the brush, watching as the sturdy gray wolf, known as Bang Chan, huffs through his large snout.

“I know. Just stay back and keep calm, we’ll handle this. I don't want you to startle him and possibly fire that gun.” He warns the young and hot tempered wolf before shifting, surprising the hunter in the process. The pack leader stands tall and authoritative, but also warm and inviting in a strange way due to the fact he was supposed to be anything but with the role he possessed.

“Damn! Showing me your human form? A beast like you will be all over the news by tonight!”

The silvery hair atop the leader's head glimmers against the afternoon light as he tilts his head to the side, slightly taken aback by the boldness of the hunter.

The beige wolf, who has been silent throughout this entire ordeal, takes a warning step closer towards his mate and lets out a low growl. A protective nature raking through his nerves, constantly wanting to shield the one he loves the most.

Chan lifts his chin a bit higher and squints his hazel eyes once he successfully catches the foul man's gaze. “I’m warning you now, turn back and never return. You’re lucky enough you strolled into my pack's territory and not someone else's, because by now they would have already torn you to shreds. You and I both know this can go one of two ways, so make the right decision and we can all have a nice evening.”

The head alpha never breaks eye contact as the hunter tilts back his head in twisted laughter, thinking this entire situation is in his favor and not seeing the reality of it actually being the other way around.

“Chan, his finger’s now on the damn trigger and while you were busy making small talk he flipped the safety off!” The beige wolf hastily reminds his mate and lets out another deep growl at the intruder.

Chan sends his mate comfort through their bond in hopes of calming him down, but keeps his eyes trained on the hunter. “It’s going to be okay. I’ve got this, Minjun…” He speaks once more through their bond, not wanting the outsider to listen in.

Suddenly the cackling, once resonating through the open forest, halts, and an unsettling silence now replaces it.

The head omega takes two more steps forward and bares his sharp teeth the second a gun is being lifted towards his lover. He's supposed to be the ‘calmer’ one between the two, but that title drops completely when the younger appears to be in danger. The beige wolf bites the air in another attempt at a warning.

“That thing your mate or something? Didn’t like me pointing the gun towards you.” The man nods his head towards a very pissed off Minjun which in turn causes even more irritation to build up in the leader’s system.

This guy can't be seriously strolling on up in a wolf’s territory, wearing a ridiculous amount of gear, and still be this cocky while surrounded by creatures that could easily bring him unimaginable harm.

Changbin guesses, this dude just clearly has a death wish.

Chan takes a deep breath, trying to control his inner wolf from pouncing on the man right then and there, because believe it or not his pack has a moral to only kill if absolutely necessary. “I'm warning you one last time. Leave .” The leader announces, eerily calm.

The unknown man scoffs. “Enough of the bull. I know all about your kind and what you monsters are really like!” He then shifts his gaze to Chan's side, a wicked smirk beginning to form.

The gun’s barrel slowly moves down and over, switching targets to the beige wolf. “I only need one of you beasts anyways, so I guess we can make this quick and get rid of the mate-”

And before he even finishes, the sudden bang of a gunshot rings throughout the pack's territory. The echoes reach a great distance, bouncing off of trees and surging through the once peaceful afternoon.

~*~

Back at the hidden house, the two brothers falter and panic begins to raise.

“Hyung!” The younger of the two stands from his seat on one of the couches and runs towards the front window where the sound of a gunshot was heard.

“W-wait…” The older brother tosses his book carelessly to the side, running up to stand beside the auburn haired boy. The younger begins to mutter nonsense about how the others could be in trouble, but this causes his sibling an inconvenience.

He places a careful hand over the youth's mouth. “Jeongin, please calm down, I can’t concentrate on their sounds-” He stops once a broken and wrecked noise resonates through the unforgiving woods. “Scream… there was a scream.” The brunette whispers out in shock at the blood curdling sound.

Jeongin's breath begins to speed up at the very real possibility of the scream coming from one of their hyungs. “Seungmin hyung… Whose was it?”

The older closes his eyes in an attempt to concentrate on anymore sounds that can clue him in on the situation at hand, but his efforts are fruitless. “I-I can’t tell.” He takes one look at his younger brother and the auburn haired boy stares back with a hint of challenge before making a beeline towards the front door, handle already twisting under his trembling hand.

But Seungmin is faster.

“You are not leaving this house until one of them comes back! We have no idea what’s happening out there, do you understand?” He turns Jeongin around by the shoulders and holds him out at arms length, searching the other's eyes wildly for a sort of confirmation. “I’m just as scared as you are, but remember what the plan-”

“Always wait for the second howl…” Jeongin finishes.

“That’s right, always wait for the second howl, never jump to conclusions. So we need to just stay put. Alright, Innie?” He guides the both of them back to one of the couches and once the younger has sat, Seungmin takes the liberty of closing the window and locking the front door.

~*~

“I’ll never get used to that.” The once hidden wolf spits out the foul tasting blood, coated in wolfsbane, out of his mouth- now that he's shifted back into his human form. “ing gross.” He growls once more, jet black hair falling into his eyes as he shakes his head, already beginning to feel the effects of the flower. He knows they'll have to ring for their close friend who is a doctor, giving his services to any packs who are in need of his assistance.

The head alpha also shifts back into his human form, swaying from one foot to the other, head swimming from the tainted hunter- if he could even be called that anymore. “Ugh, that might not have been the best idea.” Chan brings a shaky hand to his temple and screws his eyes shut from the sudden dizziness.

“Channie! Are you okay?!” Minjun holds up his lover and glances over the younger’s face frantically, attempting to wipe away the crimson stains with his sweater covered wrist.

Clearly the dream team went a tad overboard, or maybe it was just the leader of the pack who went too far.

Once the gun had been set off Minjun sprung out of the line of fire, giving Chan the opening he needed to take the attacker down. While shifting mid air, the head alpha had landed right on top of the hunter and began the process of completely annihilating the man. Changbin took this as his cue and soon came out from the bushes, making quick of biting the hand holding the wretched weapon clean off. Minjun decided to stay a few paces back, acknowledging that the two alphas before him could handle the hunter on their own. He also didn’t want to come into contact with the wretched wolfsbane, knowing the immediate effects the flower has on his species.

“I’m fine, Jun.” Chan blinks open his eyes to meet the dark brown orbs of his mate's worried pair. He then slings an arm over the older’s broad shoulders and rebalances himself while Minjun takes the liberty of quickly wrapping an arm around the other's waist. “That guy was just covered in a bunch of that ty flower. Are you okay?” The wolf in question smiles lightly and nods his head before placing a reassuring peck on the younger's forehead- making sure the patch of skin was clean of any blood before doing so, of course.

Chan lifts his hand to graze the omega's face- grateful that Minjun had dodged the bullet that was shot at him. He leaves a soft kiss on the elder’s lips, just because he can, and because his inner wolf needed the reassurance that his mate is perfectly fine.

The leader then looks back over to where one of his pack members gags on seemingly nothing, as if he had just witnessed his own parents making out in front of him. “How about you, Changbin? You good?” He let's a quiet laugh slip out at the latter’s over dramatic reaction.

The younger rolls his eyes and lets out an affirmative hum before all three of them begin the trek back home, where two young brothers will be waiting for their return.

The two head wolves are slowly walking behind the smaller alpha when said wolf voices the thought he's had running through his head for the past couple of minutes. “Hey, Chan hyung? You didn’t really have to tear that hunter up like that. The dude doesn’t even look human anymore…” Changbin looks back at the couple, but continues walking.

In the past twenty years that he has known his leader and joined the pack, the smaller alpha has never seen the silver haired man react with so much animosity. Well maybe once or twice, but that was with groups of enemies and not just a single human being with the brain the size of a pea.

Chan tilts his head to the side and makes a face as if he was a confused puppy. The sight would be rather cute if Changbin didn't just witness his pack leader completely destroy a guy. This whole situation also might not have been too big of a deal if the hunter wasn't drenched in wolfsbane; the leader- and sadly Changbin as well- will definitely be coming down with a fever from being in such close contact with the plant.

“He threatened my Minjunnie, raised a gun at both of us, and even fired at my mate with the intention of killing him! How was I supposed to react?”

“To be fair, we did give him the chance to leave.” Minjun announces in a matter of fact, leaning his head onto his mate’s shoulder in an attempt to comfort the younger.

The dark haired wolf lets out a tired sigh and faces forward once he sees the grand house coming into view. “You’re right.”

The trio watches in mild amusement as two figures run out of the front doors of the pack's shared home and make their way towards the older three with haste.

Seungmin and Jeongin fuss over how they thought one of them was shot and in result caused the brothers to stress, their blood stained outfits not helping the frantic wolves in the slightest.

“I had to hold Innie back from running out of the house.” Seungmin grumbles out whilst hugging Chan a little tighter to convey just how shaken the brothers were. The older of the two weakly returns the gesture, but is grateful for the sudden attention nonetheless. Chan has always enjoyed his little family and it was times like this that made a smile grow fondly and his heart warm with affection. Sure, this wasn’t the most appropriate of settings since blood and violence had been involved, but he’d rather not think about that right now.

The head omega makes a sound of pity and throws his arms around the youngest wolf, scooping him up and swinging the auburn haired boy back and forth in a bear-like hug, while also explaining that he has nothing to worry about.

All five members slowly make their way back to the house, but Changbin halts his steps when a warm hand claps onto his shoulder.

The young wolf watches the head omega, Seungmin, and Jeongin continue on without noticing his disappearance. He turns to see their leader looking back at him with a mixture of determination and hopefulness.

“You’ll understand why I did what I did today when you find your mate, Changbin.” The bigger alpha gives Changbin a few comforting pats before guiding the both of them inside.

If I ever find my mate . The younger thinks bitterly to himself.

~*~

Lee Felix had no problem in admitting he was a little lost, he’s the type of person who will gladly ask for a bit of help, that's just how he is. At least, that's what the blonde thought about himself, and maybe he was beginning to doubt that very quality.

He squints at the school’s poorly printed map and schedule he had received from the front office attendant just a few minutes ago. Felix assumes the printer ink must be running low and also, his luck seems to be running a little thin today as well. The teen boy has found himself embarrassingly lost in his new school.

How cliche. He thinks, sarcastically.

With a huff he looks around the hallway from where he's leaned up against the wall and out of the way of passing students. The blonde couldn't even tell what wing of the school he's currently standing in. He tugs nervously at the cuffs from the fresh uniform blazer that smells a little odd in his opinion; almost as if it was hung inside a sterile hospital room before the outfit was mailed to his new address.

Maybe I should have asked the office attendant for guidance so I could at least get to my first class-

“Hello! I’m Hwang Hyunjin.”

Felix startles and his thoughts are cut short once a student- Hyunjin, apparently - is right in front of his confused face.

Hwang Hyunjin stands tall and welcoming, with a lopsided smile placed on his full lips. The dark haired boy, in Felix’s humble opinion, could definitely put a handful of models out of their jobs, and he also takes notice of the taller’s hands clasped behind his back, giving a very un-intimidating appearance.

“Uhm, Lee Felix.”

Hyunjin lifts his eyebrows in surprise, not expecting that deep of a voice to come out of the boy in front of him. He quickly schools his expression and decides to not question it, simply because the new kid already looks a little nervous.

The blonde fiddles with the two papers in his hands for a sort of distraction from the obvious awkwardness that only he seems to be currently feeling.

Felix isn't intimidated per se, no, he's just conscious talking to unknown people; afraid of judgment for being different. Different because he clearly is not a native speaker and he definitely has an accent when speaking. Or different because of the constellation of freckles adoring his tanned face. Different because he's not even from Korea.

Hyunjin let's out a distinctive laugh at how the shorter’s face seems to twist into an uncomfortable mold. “I'm not going to hurt you! You must be the new kid.”

“How did you-”

“Word travels fast. This school is tiny .” Hyunjin smoothly states while glancing around the bustling hallway. The two of them are stood near one of the many windows lining the walls and the shorter of the two gets momentarily distracted by the filtering light reflecting off of Hyunjin’s three piercings along his left ear. Now, he doesn’t want to judge anyone by their appearance, but Felix can’t help but question if this Hyunjin guy is trustworthy.

Once Hyunjin’s words finally sink in, the blonde's doe eyes widen at the completely untrue statement. This school is anything but small.

Hyunjin let's another strange, yet somehow addictive giggle slip out at Felix's facial expression, a dangling piercing caressing the side of the laughing boy’s cheek in the process. “I'm just kidding, you looked a little lost and I wanted to help. Where are you heading?” The blonde lets out a tentative sigh and gives Hyunjin his schedule, feeling grateful for the help nonetheless.

With a nod of his head, the brunette throws a thumb over his shoulder. “I’ll take you!”

Turns out Felix was definitely not in the correct wing for his first class, he notices once the two have walked all the way to the other side of the school.

Once the blonde has shaken off the last bit of awkwardness, he looks curiously at the tall boy beside him, noticing his name tag and grade level on his uniform. “Should I call you hyung?” He knows it's probably a silly question since both of them were most likely born the same year, but he knows that some people can be sensitive with formal speech.

“What month were you born?” 

“September.”

Hyunjin turns his head to give Felix an excited smile. “I’m only six months older. If you want to you can, either way is fine with me. Most people just drop the formalities if they’re born in the same year.” The blonde nodded his head and stores the information for later use.

The younger's little ice breaker of sorts seemed to give Hyunjin the go-ahead into getting to know Felix a bit better, because the next thing to happen is Hyunjin speaking hurriedly in semi broken, semi accurate English. “Someone told me you’re from Australia, that’s like super cool ! I’ve always wanted to visit. I actually spent some time in Las Vegas when I was a kid!”

“You speak pretty good English,” Felix looks shocked, nonetheless. “but I’m really supposed to be speaking Korean. I’m still a little rusty.” The blonde reaches a hand up towards his heating neck in an embarrassed manner, but the taller boy doesn't even seem remotely bothered. Hyunjin continues walking, same little smile permanently etched onto his facial features.

“Yeah we can do plain old Korean, that's fine with me! Although, you do have a slight accent.” He states offhandedly.

Once the two have reached the correct room, Hyunjin turns to bid Felix farewell, but stops short when a sudden idea pops into his head. “Wanna sit with me and my friend at lunch? He’s a third year, but he is really chill.”

“Yeah that’ll be nice, thanks for showing me to my class, by the way.” Felix adds in with a little more confidence, coming to the conclusion that Hwang Hyunjin is a pretty nice guy, piercings be damned.

Said student waves him off, as if helping the kid was no big deal to begin with. “No problem, it's always nice to make a new friend, don't you think? I’ll see you later!” He shoots a parting smile and hurries off towards his first class just a few doors down.

For the rest of the morning, Felix goes through many introductions to not only all of the other students in his next two classes, but also to his teachers that seem very kind in his opinion, being patient and helping the foreign boy out when a fumble in his speech would pop up every now and then. The peers in his classes had also found the new boy interesting, to the point of wanting to try and communicate through broken english themselves, attempting to befriend him.

Felix appreciates all of it and finally begins to relax, wondering why he was so nervous in the first place.

~*~

Once the bell for lunch finally chimes throughout the school's speakers, the blonde just couldn’t contain his excitement, wanting to meet up with Hyunjin as fast as possible to express how his first three classes had gone. And also wanting to thank the taller once again , for helping him find his way earlier- possibly helping him poke out of his shell a little in the process and realizing that maybe his new school isn’t as terrifying as he was expecting it to be.

Felix overhears a couple of second years talking about heading towards the cafeteria and decides to follow behind the boys, hoping they lead him in the right direction, but he only gets down a flight of stairs before an arm wraps itself around his shoulder, successfully making the blonde jolt at the sudden contact.

“Hiya!”

“Jesus- You scared me, Hyunjin!” The smaller knocks his fist repeatedly onto the giggling boy’s chest until the latter retracts his arm completely, laughter becoming louder with every passing second. Nearby students make side glances at the rowdy two, but soon ignore them- too occupied with the promise of a lunch break or being engrossed in their own conversations.

Once both of the second year boys have acquired their lunch, Felix follows closely behind Hyunjin until they reach a table near the back of the large cafeteria. That’s when Felix notices the lone boy already sitting down and eating.

“Hyung, this is Lee Felix.” Hyunjin announces happily, sitting his tray and bag down before taking a seat across the older boy. “He’s the guy who moved from Australia!”

“Nice to meet you, Felix. I’m Lee Minho.”

Lee Minho, in Felix’s opinion, is quite handsome. The third year has delicate facial features, long lashes, and dark eyes that can almost be considered doe-like if he were to possibly make a surprised expression. He has chocolate colored hair that is styled into natural waves and a long nose that seems to pull his entire face together.

The third year looks towards Felix expectantly, watching him as he sits down, and raises his brows in interest. “So, what brings you here all the way from Australia.” He questions curiously.

The boy in question bites his bottom lip and looks down to fiddle with his hands, debating on relaying the story. The third year looks towards Hyunjin as if to silently ask if that was an inappropriate question, which the other only replies to by shrugging his shoulders.

Felix clears his throat before timidly speaking. “Erm, m-my parents passed away and my grandmother took custody, to make a long story short.”

A tiny gasp comes from Hyunjin and Minho stares down the young boy in front of him in pity, because he understands what it’s like to lose your parents. He knows it all too well, but the third year decides to keep that information to himself, not wanting to make this conversation about himself.

“Oh, dude I’m so sorry.”

“It’s alright. Time has passed since their accident- two years now and I’ve come to accept it.”

“Still. That’s pretty hard.”

The blonde gives both of the upset boys a light smile, to ease the darkened mood. “I’ll be fine, plus my grandma is already doing a hell of a lot better than my aunt and uncle ever did. They were never there to really look after me.”

After reassuring the two a few more times that Felix is in fact okay, the trio resumes their eating and start on lighter conversation topics, like how Minho and Hyunjin became friends- the two apparently attended the same middle school and became inseparable ever since. Felix is listening intently to a dramatic retelling of how Minho once tried out for the baseball team, but is cut short once the blonde feels his eyes move of their own accord and glance around the cafeteria.

At the same moment the sound of student’s whispers and bold conversations seem to grow louder, whilst multiple students begin to move around and look towards a pair of double doors leading outside.

“What’s everyone making a fuss about?” Felix questions while continuing to see what everyone- including himself- seems to be drawn to.

Minho makes a hum of acknowledgement and tilts his head to look past Felix, where the boy has now turned around in his seat. “Oh, he must be back.” The older lightly states, as if he was talking about the weather.

“I thought he was never gonna come back! He was gone for, like, a week.” Hyunjin announces in disbelief and at this point Felix is beyond curious with eyes continuing to search past the moving bodies.

Minho shakes his head and lets a tiny laugh slip out at his best friend’s reaction. “Well, he was sick, you .”

The young blonde watches carefully as the students begin to one by one move away and back to their previous seats, although still discussing loudly about the newcomer. And after a couple more students move back, Felix finally sees what everyone has been conversing about.

As if happening in slow motion, a boy who looks slightly older than himself swiftly walks through the threshold and inside- the wall of windows dripping a warm glow of light down onto the guy- while carrying a book in one hand and holding onto his backpack strap, slung loosely over his built shoulders, in the other. His heart quickens as he notices specific features of the boy (well, what Felix can notice from across the cafeteria), like how he has hair as dark as night and a facial structure that could have been deemed gorgeous if he lived back in Felix's home country of Australia. Or how the black haired boy carries himself with a scary amount of mystery.

While the newcomer sits down at a deserted table, moving like every single move is precisely calculated, Felix can't help but think about how the guy has an alluring aura about him and the blonde can absolutely not take his curious eyes away- afraid to even blink, too scared that he will disappear. “Who is that?” Felix barely mumbles out.

“That, my new friend, is Seo Changbin.” Hyunjin answers while patting the blonde on the back a couple of times and successfully breaking whatever trace the latter was previously under. Everything begins to play back in real time instead of the fantasy-like slow motion.

The blonde decides to test the name out, but just quietly, not wanting to gather the boy’s attention or anything. “Seo Changbin…”

Felix then hastily turns back around once he notices Changbin lifting his head from whatever he was reading and looking around the cafeteria. The blonde quickly brings his attention back to his two new friends, both with smirks adorning their faces.

“Yep. School’s resident superstar and biggest mystery.” Minho states cooly. “He’s a third year and so painfully closed off.”

Beside him, Hyunjin lets out a frustrated whine. “Ugh! I just wanna crack him open like a damn clam and ask him what the heck his deal is!” Felix looks at the two, bewildered by the effect this one student seems to have on everyone. He takes his phone out in hopes of looking through his facebook- totally not stalking him - but his efforts are cut short once Hyunjin reaches over and places his hand above the screen, successfully blocking Felix's view. “Oh, don't even bother with looking for his social media, there's nothing to find.”

The blonde then brings his head back up and looks at both Hyunjin and Minho, to notice any signs of this whole thing being some sort of cosmic joke, but to his surprise, both of them seem to be quite serious.

“I have him in one of my classes and the dude is crazy smart- almost like he’s been through high school before-, but he only talks if it’s about an assignment or to answer questions when the teacher calls on him.” Minho states while observing an apple in mild interest. “He moved here, like, a year ago.” He then takes a bite of the fruit and promptly offers it to Hyunjin who is a little too eager to accept the apple, seeing as how the second year already has quite a bit on his tray; but who is Felix to judge the older’s eating habits.

Felix feels another pull, like the one that happened just moments ago, an invisible magnetic force that makes him drawn to the mysterious boy. He slowly turns his head back around and watches as Changbin’s face twists into an unreadable mold and back into one that can only be described as a ‘ far off stare ’. Felix watches on for a moment or two, noticing that the older has a book clutched in both hands, but looks like he’s doing anything but reading.

“He looks so… out of it.” The young blonde states outloud, not really expecting a response, just stating his opinion.

Beside him, Hyunjin lets out an unattractive snort. “Nah, that’s just his resting face-”

“Now that you say it, he does look a little off today, which is weird because he never shows emotion.” The third year cuts him off, to agree with Felix.

“So you guys know nothing about him?”

“Well, technically only a little. What we do know is that he’s smart, doesn't have any interest in making friends, and he always turns people away. No one knows what he does outside of school.” The third year shrugs his shoulders and gives the blonde and apologetic look. “His parents have only came here once and that was to approve some class changes- oh!” Minho snaps his fingers in realization, making Hyunjin jump a little from the sudden eagerness. “He has two dads. So I guess that means he’s adopted.”

“Two dads?”

“Yeah! And they’re super young, maybe in their late twenties, early thirties- at least that’s what I’ve heard from the rumors. I’ve never seen them myself.”

“Does he get bullied for having two dads?” Felix asks innocently.

Across from him, Minho scoffs in disbelief. “Bullied?! The dude literally looks like he could kill with the snap of his fingers!”

Hyunjin nods his head in agreement and adds in “Like Thanos…”

The two boys continue their banter back and forth about some superhero movies, but Felix zones out of the conversation, finding the third year boy across the cafeteria to be more luring.

~*~

Felix spends the rest of his day thinking and wondering about Seo Changbin, because you see, Felix wouldn't call it love at first sight, but it's something. It's something that the younger doesn't completely understand and in that moment of even acknowledging Seo Changbin, he becomes curious. Felix becomes intrigued and just oh so curious.

The blonde walks into the little village that his grandmother and many other elders reside in. He passes up a few people, greeting them with a shy wave and a bow of respect before heading inside the tiny house that he now calls home.

It isn't much; two small rooms with enough space for a fold out futon and a desk. A shared bathroom and kitchen, with a cozy living room where his grandmother spends most of her time; she enjoys the fresh air that comes through the big sliding doors leading outside.

Felix glides past the few boxes he has yet to unpack, with dull interest. He knows he needs to unpack them, but that also means that this is permanent, that this house is his home . And sure he says in passing that this is his home, but even in the past week since he's arrived, Felix feels that it just isn't quite right.

Don't get him wrong, it's eons better than when he had lived with his aunt and uncle, but he has this gut feeling that this can't be it. That there must be something more.

Or maybe, Felix ponders, maybe it's that he is actually scared to settle into a new place, just for it to be ripped apart and turned upside down in some form or way.

Felix places his school bag down onto his desk and unfolds his futon, promptly laying down onto the comfortable bed. He's sleepy from all that the new school had to offer and exhausted from all the weird feelings Changbin has made him feel.

“Uuuhhgg!” The blonde lets a defeated groan slip out and drags his hands down his face.

~*~

Changbin lets out a long and tired sigh before unlocking his front door and entering the shared pack house. He thought the long walk back home would help him relax and while it did help some , the young wolf still felt a bit on edge.

Today was unbelievably weird for him. First it started out with a pile of assignments that the wolf had missed due to being out sick for a week- curse that ing hunter for covering his body in ing wolfsbane! Then the day had escalated from bad to worse once he found himself feeling nauseated and confused by his inner wolf’s uncharacteristic behavior. The second Changbin had entered the school’s bustling cafeteria, he felt as if his entire body was beginning to betray him. This feeling worsened throughout the whole day, only ceasing once he had left the school grounds.

Minjun looks up from where he is sat on one of the couches, with a freshly washed Jeongin sitting on the floor between the olders legs, brushing the younger’s hair happily away. “Hey! How was-”

Changbin raises a hand, signaling for the head omega not to ask how his day went. Minjun makes a face of confusion, pausing his current actions, and waiting for the young alpha to continue. “Hyung, I need to switch schools.” 

“What? Why? Did something happen?” Minjun’s eyebrows shoot up comically and Changbin would have laughed at the olders distress, but his head hurts too much for such an action. “You know we can’t do that…” Minjun’s face then melts into an apologetic mold and resumes his previous actions of combing out Jeongin’s hair.

Changbin knows all too well that he can not leave his current school, due to the financial situation his pack is under. The house they now reside in costs a bit more than Chan would have liked, but Minjun insisted on buying the larger home with extra rooms, explaining how he believes they’ll eventually need the extra space one day. And everyone in the pack knows how whipped a certain Bang Chan is for his mate.

You see, wolf real estate is a tricky thing. Their pack wanted to move back to their original house that they had, deciding that it's time to finally choose a place to permanently stay. But luck wasn't on the boys side since the territory had been claimed by a new pack. This left very little options, which helped(worsend) the current situation Changbin is facing.

So now Changbin is stuck at a school that they have yet to pay off the tuition for, because most of their savings have been thrown at their immaculate house.

“There was this smell and this energy that I couldn’t figure out where it was coming from all damn day, my inner wolf was freaking out the entire time.” The young alpha makes his way to one of the arm chairs and plops himself down with a huff, causing the maknae to giggle at his hardships. “Had to calm myself down in the bathroom three times.”

Minjun hums in acknowledgment and looks off onto nothing particular, in thought. “That is strange…”

“Changbin hyung, are you okay?” Jeongin asks innocently, head moving along with the comb’s .

“I’ll be fine, Jeongin. Hyung is just really tired ” Changbin lets a small smile slip, but it quickly turns sour once a burning smell wafts into the living room. The young alpha looks to the other two wolves in the room in silent questioning, but the two seem completely unaffected. “What the hell is that smell?”

“Channie is trying to cook a new recipe with Seungmin. Emphasis on trying , but he insisted on preparing it. He’s just excited since we got a call from Jisung today. He said that he’ll be back soon.”

 Changbin perks up at the young omega’s name. “Oh, well it took him long enough! When is ‘soon’ ?”

The hyperactive wolf has been gone for almost two months now, out on a business run. Jisung is their pack’s ‘Information Gatherer’ to put it simply; The omega is like a spokesman and record keeper for the pack. He goes out once a year to all of the nearby packs and scouts them out, gathering and sharing information. His special ability definitely helps in this line of work; Photographic Memory.

“Could be tonight, two days from now, maybe a week; He didn’t really specify, but he said everything went smoothly. Well, after his little accident , everything went smoothly.” Minjun’s face shifts to an uncomfortable look.

“Ow! Hyung!”

The head omega quickly shakes out of his wandering thoughts and begins to soothe the younger’s tender scalp in apology. “Sorry, Innie. That was a big tangle.”

“No new packs or members?” Changbin questions timidly.

New packs and members means new wolves for Changbin to greet and possibly make a connection with. Being the age he is, Changbin is considered too old for not having a mate. The average wolf is supposed to at least imprint by the age of 35 and here he is, 46 and mateless.

“None.”

The alpha nods his head in understanding, but still remains upset about the information nonetheless.

“I’m sure you’ll find your mate soon, just wait a bit longer. Fate knows what it’s doing, plus things like this always happen when you least expect it.”

“How was your day, Innie?” Changbin decides to lighten the mood by asking the angel of the pack himself about his day.

The boy in question smiles widely at the older and happily replies. “I helped out a little in the green house and then Minjun hyung and I went hunting! We caught a massive deer!”

“Yeah and it seems like Chan hyung and Seungmin are destroying it by now…” Changbin mutters under his breath.

Suddenly a fluffy head of silver hair pops out of the kitchen swing door. “Hey! I can hear you, this house isn’t that big!

“Yeah, but you’re, like, super old.” The younger alpha states mockingly while making bored eye contact with the leader. Said leader squints his eyes in a playful challenge before charging at a now panicked Changbin. The black wolf quickly bolts out of the comfort of the armchair and shifts, successfully becoming more agile in this form than the previous.

Yah , you little brat! Get back here!” Chan procedess to ignore his mate’s complaints of ‘ Stop rough housing while indoors. ’ and ‘ Quit stepping on the damn furniture .’

The head omega throws his hands in the air in defeat. “Jesus, Changbin- No shifting in the house!”

“I’ll stop shifting in the house once Seungmin joins me in a personal hell I like to call ‘high school’. It's not fair that I have to be there by myself.” The now playful wolf communicates through the pack bond and makes direct eye contact with Seungmin, who is now leaned up against the doorframe leading into the kitchen.

The wolf in question rolls his eyes and moves away from the doorframe to sit on the carpeted floor beside his brother. “I’m not ready to go back.”

“It’s a different town and different people, I’m sure this one is nothing like the last one.” Jeongin places a comforting hand on his brother’s shoulder and draws small reassuring circles. He remembers just how bad the last school his brother had gone to was. Of course Jeongin himself didn’t go, but he would watch as his older brother came home everyday utterly miserable. Eventually when the young wolf found out why this was happening, he couldn’t even begin to understand how his hyung managed to complete the school year.

“I don’t know, Innie.” He adds tentatively.

“Well, Jisungie said he would enroll once he came back. So you’ll have him to keep you company then, Changbin.”

Changbin finally shifts back and makes his way towards the comfort of the armchair he was previously sat in and lets out a long groan in response to what nonsense Minjun decided to spill. “No offense hyung, but having Jisung keeping me company is like saying a five year old on an endless sugar rush is going to keep me company. You and I both know that feral child was just saying sweet nothings for a reaction.”

Despite the ill sounding words, everyone in the room can hear the underlying fondness the dark wolf had used while stating his opinion.

Chan shakes his head and lets out a huff before sitting beside Minjun and snuggling up to the man’s shoulder. The latter simply smiles and snakes an arm around the leader's waist in a comforting manner. “God if he was here to listen to you, I can't even imagine the fighting or the mess .” 


(A/N) Did you guys like it? Want more updates? Let me know what you think in the comments! Likes and words of motivation are ALWAYS welcomed~

Next Time:
-the boys go into the woods
-Changbin has had enough
-Minho has a secret
-Hyunjin thinks he's going to die


I just wanted to let everyone this is my first work in this fandom, so I hope I'm welcomed lol >.<
Also, THANK YOU DiamondWings for being this fic's Beta (pun intended!) to edit chapters~

I'm supper excited to be writing this story that I've been working on and planning for three months now!

Come follow me on Twitter @CadeIsTrash or follow the story on AO3