1/3

Snow Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Choi Minho stood at his window, staring out at the snow-covered land before him. To most, it would be a beautiful scene like one found in a Christmas movie or a wonderful dream. But to Minho it was a boring sight, the only thing he had seen for years. Ever since the tragic day back in 45089, the weather had not changed one bit. Temperatures never rose even a few degrees and would simply fall even further during winter months. For ten years, 17-year-old Choi Minho had seen nothing but snow, ice and the mist of his warm breath.

 

He lived isolated from the world ever since that fateful day, when everything changed. His friends whom he had played with the day before were suddenly out of his life and the sun that he had loved to feel on his slightly tanned skin had disappeared forever. It was as if the world was frozen, literally and metaphorically, because not once had the clouds that haunted the sky cleared. It was like a permanent night, but the glow of the moon was still very faintly lighting up the frozen planet, despite not being visible for so many years. Minho had loved the Moon before, it glowed a gentle blue that gave night time a warm, homely feeling. Even in the coldest nights, when he was bundled up in his bed under mountains of blankets, it was there with him to give him comfort.

 

But now the thought of its real self only gave him sorrow and that feeling of pain you get when you remember the past. Your life before something so close to you left and you morphed into an emotionless shell of what you were before. Maybe you were happy on the outside, but on the inside you only wished for what you lost to return to you.

 

And that is how Minho felt in this moment. The blinding lights that sat on top of his lonely house lit up the surrounding area, acting like the long dead sun that once made his planet such a bright and lively place. They were programmed to fit the sun's previous schedule perfectly, slowly brightening early in the morning and dimming down until they turned off completely in the evening, leaving only the faint blue hue to light his sad planet that he called home.

 

He sat back down at his desk that was littered with text books and books from hundreds of year

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter