Chapter 1

Right A Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Teacher Kim Joon Suk entered Math class at Daehan Academy and saw Taekwang sitting at the back, sleeping. He then walked in the middle of the class and started lecturing as usual. Taekwang lift his head momentarily to look at Teacher Kim and then he went back to sleep when someone sat beside him and tap his shoulder. He looked up and saw Eunbi.  

“Long time no see, Crazy,” the girl with Eunbi’s face greeted him. He smirked upon realizing that it’s Eunbyul and not Eunbi. 

“What are you doing here?” he asked. Eunbyul with her poker face ignored him. She opened her bag and took her notebook and pen and began taking down notes. Annoyed at her antics, he yelled at her. “Yah! What are you doing here? This is my territory, you know.” 

Eunbyul finally looked at him and answered him, “What does it look like I’m doing, Crazy? I’m taking down notes.” 

“But why here?” he asked. 

“I’m enrolled here,” she answered, dispassionately. 

“But why!” Taekwang asked again exasperatedly. 

“Yah! You two!” Teacher Kim called them out. “If you two won’t quiet down and listen, I suggest continuing your talk outside of my class.” 

Both Taekwang and Eunbyul quieted down but not before Eunbyul uttered her reason for enrolling in Taekwang’s class. “Just because!” she hissed and glared at him. The rest of the class continued with the two of them glaring at each other. When the class ended, Eunbyul went to Taekwang’s seat. 

“Yah! Walk with me until the bus stop,” she ordered him. 

“Why would I do that?” Taekwang argued. 

“Just do as I say,” Eunbyul said then she turned her back to Taekwang and walked away. Taekwang begrudgingly followed and the two of them walked together. 

“How’s Eunbi?” Eunbyul asked after a few minutes of silence. 

“Why are you asking me? Haven’t you seen her?” Taekwang asked back, looking confused and refusing to meet her eyes. 

“I’ll see her when I got home. They don’t know that I’ll be back today. I saw my mom earlier in the shop and Eunbi’s still at school, so I went to the academy instead and enrolled here,” she answered as they continue their walk. Taekwang just nodded his head absorbing her answer. “Yah! Answer my question! How’s my sister?” she asked again after a while. 

“She’s ok…..I think, “ he answered after a short silence. Eunbyul looked at him closely, thinking that his actions are suspicious. Taekwang still refused to look at her, looking at everywhere except her. “I don’t know ok! Stop scrutinizing me!” he shouted when he finally can’t stand Eunbyul glaring at her. 

“What do you mean you don’t know?” Eunbyul asked, stopping their walk and crossing her arms, waiting for Teakwang’s explanation. 

“It means what it means. I don’t know because we don’t hang out anymore,” he answered, looking down at his shoes. 

“Why won’t you hang out with her? I thought you’re her friend,” Eunbyul accused him. 

“It’s not my fault ok? She has a lot of friends now. She doesn’t need me anymore,” Taekwang replied, feeling offended as Eunbyul is making it look that it’s his fault. 

“Yah! Idiot! She got those friends when she was cosplaying me. You’re different. You are her first friend as Eunbi,” Eunbyul said as if explaining things at a child. 

“Well she spends most of her time with those friends and I don’t mix well with them. As an effect, we rarely spend time together. Get it now?” Taekwang replied, feeling justified with his answer. “You’re asking the wrong guy here. You should ask your best friend, swimmer boy instead. I’m sure he can give you a more satisfactory answer.” 

“You still like her,” Eunbyul said, sharing her observations while she waits for his reaction. 

“Well – I….. it’s none of your business,” Taekwang indignantly said, walking faster and almost leaving her behind. 

“Yah! Wait for me idiot!” Eunbyul followed, quickly running to him. Taekwang looked behind and stuck his tongue out childishly. 

“I knew it. No wonder it seems like she seems off,” Eunbyul said as she caught up with Taekwang. 

“What do you mean?” Taekwang asked, intrigued at what she said. 

“I was supposed to be back later when the new school year starts but lately Eunbi seems strange and restless whenever I talked to her, so I decided to come back earlier,” Eunbyul answered. 

“Yah! Senior year will start in less than a month. I’m sure she’s just preoccupied with college admissions like everyone else. It’s definitely not me,” Taekwang said, feeling relaxed upon hearing Eunbyul’s worries. “You’re being over-protective,” he added. 

“You’re under-estimating your importance to her,” Eunbyul replied. 

“And you’re over-estimating it,” Taekwang said. “Trust me I know. Besides, I made my decision already and you being here now just cemented it.” 

“What decision? Eunbyul asked. 

“I’ll be going back in time. I’ll be the old Taekwang. Back from the start. The old me where I don’t know her, and I don’t care about you or any of the people at school. I’m relieved now that you’re here. She doesn’t and will not need me anymore. It’ll be easier that way,” Taekwang explained smiling bitterly, masking his real feelings. “She won’t feel sorry anymore,” he added as an afterthought. 

“Gong Taekwang –“ 

“Oh! My bus is here. I’ll be going now. Bye Go Eunbyul,” Taekwang said before riding the bus, not waiting for Eunbyul’s parting words. 

Eunbyul stared at the bus where Taekwang is in as it goes away. “Idiot,” she muttered, shaking her head. Eunbyul went home, a lot of thoughts running in her mind.  

“Unnie!” Eunbi shouted, running to her when she opened the door of their house. Her sister welcomed her with a hug as their mother looked on them. 

“You’re back,” her mom said. “I’ve made dinner. Change your clothes and freshen up.” 

“Yes, mom,” Eunbyul answered. Eunbi hooked her arms in hers as they went upstairs, her happiness at seeing her sister evident on her face. 

“Unnie, why didn’t you say that you’re going back today? We shouldn’t have welcomed you in the airport,” Eunbi said as they went to their room. 

“It just happened that way,” Eunbyul said, assuring her sister. 

“I’m so happy you’re here!” Eunbi exclaimed, hugging her again. 

“Me too. Let’s go, I’m starving. After we eat, you need to tell me everything that happened when I was away,” Eunbyul said, smiling at Eunbi. She then dragged her sister to their room to change and to catch up.  

After dinner, the two sisters went to their room to catch up. Eunbi helped Eunbyul in unpacking her things. 

“So, how’s everybody?” Eunbyul asked. Eunbi stopped what she’s doing and looked at her sister. “What’s wrong?” Eunbyul asked, seeing Eunbi’s expression. 

“Nothing Unnie,” Eunbi replied. Eunbyul pat the bed, motioning for Eunbi to sit beside her.  

“Tell me. It’s obviously not nothing,” Eunbyul urged her sister. 

“Nothing’s wrong Unnie but lately, I just feel like I’m still pretending to be you. I think going back to Se Kang is not a good move for me.” 

“Why? What makes you feel that? Is someone bothering you again?” Eunbyul asked, taking Eunbi’s hands on her lap. 

“No, it’s not that. I guess it’s just me. Something’s wrong with me,” Eunbi said, feeling resigned. “Everybody has accepted me, and they are all nice to me, but I feel like I gained those friends because you left for the US. I feel like I was your replacement.” 

“Of course, you’re not. You’re you! We are completely different. I’m sure they will be friends with you with or without me,” Eunbyul argued at the same time, trying to comfort her sister. 

“I know that Unnie but that feeling won’t go away. The longer you’re away, the stronge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter