Preparations Complete

Nesting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi everyone and happy Seulrene day. This is really a fairly new thought and it also occurred to me that I wrote a lot of different omegaverse fics. Some focusing on omegas in heat, one detailing an alpha being in a rut, and it dawned on me that I haven’t yet done one strictly about pregnancy and nesting (which is preparing for the birth of the pup/child) you guys know me I’m always pushing myself, so this will be a new experience for us both, you all and me :) please enjoy and again happy Seulrene day

 

Sponsor mentions:As always, thank you very much to my sponsors. I appreciate all of you so much: fabricsoftener, AvryGeist171,royalshipper2122, DTHDHR, Bernkaset, Casti1004, jasonds,  ZombieJuhyun, Rita_1211, sleepyRu, Karasxo, falsuki, wittyadie95, Fantasiii, Km62201n, Eris78,, captainsnsd, User_name1200, Androsssss, pinkpinkypin, 112714, TwFishy, hiraiim-trash, theRequiem78, jyrus_21, Alexausta, Megankind, Mmm2392, Seosunny, Seulbear9394, and cwright01. Thank you so much for being sponsors. ^^





 

Kang Joohyun is used to being woken up by a variety of different things. She’s used to having the bright sunlight from outside peeking through the bedroom windows in the early morning. Joohyun is even used to the quiet snores of her mate sometimes that wake her when she’s slept for too long. More times than not her wife Seulgi will adorably wake her up by gently collapsing onto her body and kiss her. It’s a way she personally loves to wake up to because in a playful manner she’ll kick her wife off of her, and they’ve been doing that ever since they were just dating. But these days there’s something else that is currently what wakes her.

 

“Oh…” the omega jumps up startled. “Good morning, baby.” She smiles and puts her hand to her prominent swell. It’s a special time for Joohyun and her wife Seulgi because they are expecting their very first pup. After finally deciding they were ready to start a family and waiting for the perfect time in their lives to do so, here they are expecting their child. A child who currently is saying hello to her.

 

“You’re certainly very active today, sweetie.” The dark-haired omega touches where she feels the most kicking. She is quite close to her due date and with that the baby is more active than ever. Even if Joohyun wanted to sleep more, there's no way she could with a certain someone reminding her it’s time to wake up. But feeling all this healthy kicking is a relief to Joohyun. She is reminded of when she first felt their baby move for the first time.


 

(Flashback)

 

The first trimester of any pregnancy can often come with the normal worry and concern of a potential miscarriage, which is why Joohyun was being very careful with her stress level for the most part. Everything at the doctor appointment suggested that both mother and baby were well, but Joohyun was naturally relieved when she made it safely to her second trimester and was showing more clearly. Seulgi was being the epitome of the perfect mate and supportive to her in all ways. The alpha would be there for any appointment she had, took excellent care of her for the worst of her morning sickness, and picked up any slack with household chores.

 

“You’re sleepy.” The omega says with a smile as she touches the alpha’s cheek. They’re both laying in bed because her wife insisted that she should be off her feet and resting. Joohyun smiles as she notices monolid eyes of her partner closing every so often.

 

“I’m not, Hyunnie.” The blonde yawns, even though she is clearly tired. Joohyun really takes a moment to admire her wife’s face. Seulgi is such an attractive woman with her adorable and y features. Joohyun remembers being reminded of a teddy bear when she first saw the woman who would become the love of her life. One of the things that first drew Joohyun to Seulgi was her eyes. She has a pair of bright monolid eyes that always seem to exude warmth from them. It didn’t take long to fall in love with the kindest alpha she had ever met.

 

“You are tired, honey. I think you should...oh.” The dark-haired woman moves while being startled. Seulgi opens her eyes right away when she notices her wife’s movement and wonders if there’s something wrong with her or their baby.

 

“What’s wrong, Hyun? Is there anything wrong?”

 

“No,” the omega smiles warmly. There is nothing wrong at all. In fact, the most wonderful thing that could have happened has happened. Joohyun simply takes one of her mate’s hands and gives it a gentle squeeze before telling her what she felt.

 

“I felt the baby move.”

 

“Oh.” Seulgi smiles with eyes forming crescent shapes. “I think that’s amazing, Hyun. Can I feel too?” The adorable way the alpha asks her makes Joohyun smile. She has always found her wife to be the cutest thing ever and this sort of behavior from her alpha continues to reinforce that.

 

“Of course, Seul. I wasn’t just holding your hand because I like holding your hand. I was getting ready to let you feel too.”

 

Joohyun takes her wife’s hand to the spot where she felt the kicks. This is the first time Joohyun has felt kicking this strongly, and it’s a special moment she is glad to be able to share with her mate and child’s sire. Seulgi waits for a while but doesn’t feel anything. She frowns in disappointment.

 

“I don’t feel anything.”

 

“Give it some time. I’m sure you’ll feel what I just felt.”

 

Seulgi simply rubs her wife’s stomach and waits like Joohyun told her to. After a few moments she feels a small series of kicks that make her smile. Seulgi is grateful to be sharing this wonderful moment with the woman she loves. The monolid woman leans over and kisses her cheek.

 

“I felt it. That was so special, Hyun.”

 

“I know. I’m so glad it’s you I’m sharing all of this with.”

 

(End)


 

That happened months ago in the early days of her second trimester and now Joohyun is in the third and final trimester of her pregnancy. It won’t be much longer now before she is greeting her child. The raven gets up slowly out of bed as it’s harder to simply get up fast like she once used to. Her best friend and fellow omega Yerim would often that she was having twins because of how “huge” she was. Joohyun tended to ignore those comments and only listen to Seulgi who would constantly assure her she was the most beautiful woman in the world every chance she had. Seulgi truly was like an angel during her pregnancy and Joohyun loves her for her patience and understanding.

 

“What are you doing?” Seulgi asks when she opens the door to see her wife in the middle of what looks like trying to make up the bed. Joohyun normally will make up their bed and sometimes will still do so, even if she tires easily.

 

“I’m going to make up the bed.” Joohyun says with a cute pout on her face that warms the alpha’s heart. Seulgi thinks her wife is the cutest person in the world. She is slightly older than her but has moments where she can be such a baby. Like right now with this cute pout and her adorable cheeks. Seulgi usually wants to just wrap her arms around her shorter wife whenever she’s being this cute.

 

“Don’t go being all cute, Hyunnie. You don’t need to be making up the bed. I can do that, all I want you to do is sit and have breakfast. I just finished making some.”

 

The omega smiles in thanks. Even before she had become pregnant Seulgi was learning how to cook, and Joohyun appreciated that her alpha simply wanted to be able to take care of her well. It’s not to say Seulgi hasn’t always been there to take care of her, but it’s an added bonus to have a mate who can cook for her when she doesn’t feel up to it. These days with the baby close to arriving Joohyun doesn’t feel like cooking most times.

 

“I’m so hungry.” Joohyun nods and walks over to hug her wife. Seulgi gently leaves a kiss on top of her forehead.

 

“I made you a plate, Hyun. All you need to do is eat.”

 

“Hm, I love you.”

 

“I love you too.” Seulgi assures and gently rubs her swell. “I love you too, pup.”

 

Joohyun leaves a kiss to her lips before going to eat breakfast. Seulgi turns her attention to making up the bed. But not before catching one more glimpse of her breathtaking wife. The blonde can recall seeing the beautiful omega who had soft and regal features that made her look like royalty. Seulgi remembers being frozen in awe of dark locks against pale skin, and thinking she had seen the most beautiful omega in the world.

 

“The most beautiful omega who chose me for her mate.” The alpha thinks proudly before fixing up the bed. With Joohyun so close to delivery, Seulgi has been in a protective alpha overdrive. She’s excited about the fact that their child will soon be with them, and with that excitement does come the normal nerves. Sometimes Joohyun can pick up on those nerves and her wife assures her that they are on this journey together. Seulgi smiles when she thinks back to not that long ago here in this very bed.

 

(Flashback)
 

Joohyun looked from the book she was reading to see her wife sitting on a futon in their bedroom. Seulgi looked visibly anxious and like she had a lot on her mind. The omega knows this is not only an exciting time but a nerve wracking one too. They are to be parents for the first time and that will take some adjusting. Joohyun has been grateful to her wife for all her love and support that she has shown her during her pregnancy. Seulgi takes care of her with no complaints and showers her with love and affection. Joohyun thinks she should be a reassuring presence right now to her mate.

 

“Honey?” Joohyun calls out.

 

“Yes?” The alpha looks up right away. “Do you need something, Hyun?”

 

“Yes, I need you to come here and sit with me.”

 

Seulgi gets up and moves to the bed to where her wife is reaching out to hug her. The monolid woman immediately returns her hug with a warm embrace of her own. Seulgi knows she’s been acting a bit nervous lately. But it is to be expected with the baby soon to be on the way. She can smell her wife’s lavender scent is soft and calming waves. Joohyun is trying to help her now and she appreciates that.

 

“I know this is a wonderful time for us, but it’s normal that we are both feeling anxious at times too, Seul. I don’t want you feeling like you can’t talk to me about your concerns.” In other words, Joohyun doesn’t want her to feel like she has to be this strong person all the time. She wants for Seulgi to tell her that she’s feeling anxious because they need to keep up their open and honest communication. They are a team in everything.

 

“You’re right, Hyun. I am nervous with our baby soon to be here and then we’ll have to deal with a lot of different changes, both as a couple, and as new parents too. I am just glad that it’s you I’m experiencing this with.”

 

The omega agrees wholeheartedly and leans over to kiss her lips. “I am very lucky to have you with me, and I know we’ll be okay, Seul. We’re going to be okay because we love each other and our baby too. We can do this.”

 

(End)

 

It was Joohyun’s words that settled her nerves greatly. The alpha was reminded that as long as they remained a strong and united team there was nothing that they couldn’t handle together. By the time she finishes making up the bed and going to the kitchen she sees Joohyun is indeed eating breakfast, and that makes her glad to see.

 

“Is it good?” Seulgi wonders and kisses the side of her cheek.

 

“It’s delicious, sweetie. I don’t know why you’re so worried still about your cooking, you’ve come along way from your days of burning everything.” The raven teases a little and kisses her back. Seulgi can’t even deny that she has come quite a long way from the days of not being able to cook. There were times Seulgi was worried about giving Joohyun food poisoning, but now she’s proudly presenting her edible food that tastes good too.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter