Part 1

Pain, Love, and White Lillies

Everything was Lee Hoseok’s fault.

The stabbing pain in his chest. The ache in his head. The rampaging thoughts. The flowers that he is coughing up.

Hyungwon stared at the beautiful white lily petals in his hand, stained with his own blood. He knows that everything worthwhile in life required a bit of pain but he never once imagined that the pain would be this heart-wrenching. He sighed and flushed the petals down the toilet. He couldn’t have any of the members knowing that he had Hanahaki and definitely not let them know that it the cause was another member the group members, although it is getting difficult to keep all this to himself. He sighs once more and climbs on to his bed knowing that he won't be getting a happy visit from the Sandman on his night either. Lee Hoseok will be visiting his dreams once again.

"I have to do something about these sleepless nights.", thought Hyungwon as he tossed and his bed, "It's starting to affect my performance and Hyunwoo-hyung is bound to notice."

With his mind filling with thoughts and concerns, Hyungwon slowly descended into a restless sleep.

Kihyun had woken up in the middle of the night because he felt parched. He softly made his way to the kitchen to get a glass of water, and on his way back he heard soft whimpers. So soft that he wouldn't have noticed it normally but everything else was dead silent in the dorm at this time of the night. He looked towards where the sounds were coming from and saw that it was from Hyunwoo, Jooheon and Hyungwon's room. He stepped quietly into the room and as he got closer he could see that it was Hyungwon that was making the noises. He got worried. Hyungwon isn’t one to have nightmares, nothing could really disturb Hyungwon and his precious sleep.

Kihyun was about to wake Hyungwon up when all of a sudden he sat up with a gasp. He was panting with wide eyes that were staring straight ahead.

“Hyungwonnie?”, Kihyun whispered hesitantly. “Is everything alright?”

Hyungwon turned his head towards Kihyun and just stared for a couple of seconds before slowly nodding.

“Y-yeah.”, he shakily replied back.
“Do you want to tell me what’s been bothering you lately?”, asked Kihyun with a concerned gaze.
Hyungwon took a shuddering breath and said, “I think tha-”,

Before he could finish his sentence, he started coughing. It wasn’t a normal cough either, he was coughing up white lily petals. Kihyun stared in shock at the scene in front of him. After a couple of seconds his brain started again and his instincts kicked in. He rushed to the bathroom to bring the trash can and wet tissues for the blood that Hyungwon was also coughing up. He speed walked back to Hyungwon and set the trash can in front of him.

Neither of them noticed that the coughing and the hurried footsteps had woken up the only other person in the room, Hyunwoo. He was shocked at what he was witnessing. He knew what was happening, he had seen his childhood friend go through it, and his heart felt heavy because of all the pain Hyungwon must be in. Hyunwoo softly got out of bed and in the couple of seconds that it took to reach the two members, Hyungwon had stopped coughing.