Make them Stop!

Stop Winking! You're Waking the Butterflies.

It's halfway through one hell of a hectic semester and your professor decides that a group presentation is more effective than a solo presentation, giving it a weighting of thirty percent for you final grade. You've never been much of a presentation type of student- always preferring to doing practicals instead. But hey, at least you've managed to find a great group of people to collaborate with. It shouldn't be too bad right?

 

Wrong.

 

Everything's not fine at all. Well, it was until your crush, who is also friend of yours, was added to your group by your sadistic professor.

 

No it's fine. You'll be fine. You give yourself a small pep talk as you take a seat at your table. Preparing your notes (and yourself if you were being honest) for what was to come in the near future.

 

You will be fine. Im Yoona will not have an effect on you.

 

That was ten minutes ago.

 

Yoona is sitting right across from you. Your eyes always meeting with hers every once in a while, causing the butterflies to start a ruckus in your stomach. You look away to stop those offending butterflies from further tickling the roof of your stomach with their never ending fluttering. But as if you have magnets for eyes, they are drawn back to the pair of eyes in front of you that has never let yours.

 

She brings her hand up to her face trying to cover her face from one side of the table (as if it wasn't obvious enough) and winks at you. The offending wink leaves you almost breathless and those annoying butterflies are back once again. Only this time, they seem to have migrated to your chest and somehow found a jackhammer.

 

She winks once. Twice. Thrice.

 

The hammering in your chest and the fluttering in your stomach increases with every wink. And you wonder what you've done to receive such a cruel fate, because you don't think you would be able to walk out of that door without floating away.

 

You try to go back to writing down whatever idea is thrown around the table by your group mates just so that you could once again ground yourself from floating away at the thought of your crush sending you real life winking emojis from across the table.

 

You finally look up from a page full of notes thinking that is was once again safe for you to do so. Oh but you were so wrong. Because there she goes again, sending you wave after wave of winks and playful grins. The butterflies are replaced by a zoo of animals. Stampeding left and right, up and down in response to whatever she sends you. You bow your head and cradle the base of your stomach because you know that the facade that you have put on is slowly slipping away- just like your sanity.

 

"What's wrong with your eye?" You silently thank Taeyeon as she leans closer to Yoona and checks her faulty eye- momentarily ceasing Yoona's silent attack on your heart and calming the herd of animals in you.

 

"Ah… No my eye's just a bit dry." It was now your turn to send her a playful grin as she bashfully let's out a small chuckle at being caught. Her words stumbling onto each other as she gets tongue-tied finding an excuse to her twitching eye.

 

"Oh I've got eye drops you can use!" Sooyoung offers from beside you and you can't help but silently chuckle at the slight panic in her eyes as she mutters out her response. You enjoy as she squirms in her seat, unsettled about being in the spotlight with everyone's eyes watching her every moment.

 

"Are you sure? Your eyes do look dry." Yoona could only nod her head, totally speechless at Sooyoung’s insistence. You don't feel bad for her at all. Calling it as your payback for her constant teasing. You thank your best friend from the bottom of your heart for always having your back. You can tell by the tone of her voice that Sooyoung already knows what Yoona had been trying to (poorly) hide behind her hand based on how quiet you have been for the past 30 minutes. You also know that you too will be under her spotlight once the meeting is over and the two of you are left alone. You say to yourself that you'll prepare for it later and return your attention back to the flustered Yoona across you.

 

A fair shade of pink dusts those porcelain cheeks of hers as she flashes everyone an abashed smile before landing back on you.

 

She can't maintain eye contact now.

 

Her eyes always ducking down to look at her laptop before bouncing back up to meet yours and looking down again. Her one hand returning back to covering her face from your group mates on the left as she leans her elbow on the table. Giving you a very clear view of her embarrassment whenever her brows slightly rise up her forehead and those subtle lip bites that always catch your attention.

 

It's clear to say that she won't be teasing you so much anymore for the rest of the meeting in fear of getting caught for a second time.

 

Which is a good thing.

 

Because you know that you, Kwon Yuri, would be too much of a melted puddle of goo once the meeting is over to ever recover from I'm Yoona's charms.

 

 

 

---------------------

A/N: Hello! Thank you for reading this very short story! I hope that you enjoyed it. Feel free to comment down what you think of it! I think it's my first time writing a story this way so I sure hope that it was bearable! 

 

Once again, thank you for reading, subscribing and commenting! I appreciate it a lot!