Final

i should be over all the butterflies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chaeyoung wakes up groggily. joints pop as she stretches her arms above her head. she regrets passing out on the couch after her roommate's party.   

she lets out a huge groan as she feels her head throb. a loud ringing from a phone makes it throb even more. she sees her mom's face on the screen and instantly her mood brightens. chaeyoung quickly swipes to answer the call,   

"hi, mom! i miss you!"    

"chaeng! i missed you too, how's college?"    

"fine, the professor says i have a bright future in art."   

"that's great, chaeng!" loud and cheerful talking can be heard from the phone, "ah, chaengie! guess what? remember the chou family? they're back!" chaeyoung's words get stuck in  as she hears the news.    

"ah, really? that's nice, mom!" chaeyoung coughs, "i really gotta go though mom, i have an early class!" her mom hums a response and a beep signals the end of the call.  a sigh leaves her lips as her brain instantly digs up the buried memories. 

three long years aren’t enough to make her forget. even when life seemed to be moving too fast for her and whispered promises were fading away, tzuyu couldn’t leave her head. 

("chaeng! come down and meet our new neighbors!" a seven year old chaeyoung grumbles and puts away her sketchbook. she lazily walks down the steps and loud chattering from the kitchen fills her ears.   

"chaeng, this is the chou family. and this is their daughter, tzuyu! isn't she so cute?" a girl that was slightly taller than her stares with large unblinking eyes. chaeyoung feels her face heat up though she blames it on the weather.    

"hi, i'm son chaeyoung. nice to meet you." chaeyoung mumbles. her parents look at her with a glare and she straightens her posture before walking up to the girl. she holds out a hand and smiles. the girl looks at her hand before taking it.   

"chou tzuyu." tzuyu lets out a small smile and chaeyoung finds the dimple peeking out very cute.)   

chaeyoung shakes the memory from her head and goes to her room. she takes her sketchbook and flips through it to see if there's any empty pages. drawings quickly flash by her eyes until a certain page causes her to stop. light fingertips trace the drawing of a sleeping girl.   

("tzu? you awake?" a soft whisper pierces through the early morning. a digital clock tells her that it is almost six in the morning.   

chaeyoung looks to her side when there's no response. they had just returned from a long school trip and they decided to have a sleepover at chaeyoung's house. chaeyoung stifles a laugh as she sees tzuyu draped over her huge stuffed plushie. tzuyu was always seen as serious and elegant so when chaeyoung saw the taller girl cuddling with her stuffed puppy, her heart exploded. chaeyoung quietly reaches for her sketchbook and flips to a clean new page. she spends the early hours of the morning drawing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter