Final

That's All I Ever Want
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why are you home late?" Jiu's voice was stern.

"Unnie, I wasn't able to track the time. I'm sorry." Yoohyeon can't look at the fuming Jiu in front of her.

"Yoohyeon, it's 1 am! You didn't even leave a single message! We tried calling you yet you didn't even answer a single one!"

"Jiu, calm down." Bora tried to stop Jiu but the girl was nowhere near to calming down.

"Where's the responsibility in you? Huh?! We have trainings today! And I know you're not dumb to not know how dangerous it is to be alone outside at this ing hour!"

"U-unnie..." Yoohyeon, for the first time, actually felt scared. Jiu was always strict when it comes to her, but this time it was different. Jiu never shouted at her.

"Kim Minji, I said calm down." Bora this time was worried for Yoohyeon and pissed at Jiu at the same time.

"Go to your room. I don't want this to happen again."

"I'm sorry, unnie." Yoohyeon apologized, pain evident on her eyes.

"Y-yoohyeon..." Hearing Yoohyeon's wavering voice, it had struck Jiu on how wrong the way she had acted.

But it was too late, the youngest turn her back and quietly entered her room with Bora following her. Leaving Siyeon with Jiu. The oldest left the room lifelessly, swallowing the lump on . She let herself sit down on the floor, hugging her knees. She can't properly breathe. The image of Yoohyeon tearing up flashes on her mind. She messed up again.

She shouldn't have bursted at the younger girl away yet what could she do. She was so worried and Jiu was bad at handling her emotions. She would rather deal with it herself than reach out to people. She grew up with the need to be independent and strong since she had no one to pick her up at times she would fall. And being the girls' unnie, she had to take responsibility of them, most of the time forgetting when to look after herself.

She knows Yoohyeon just wanted to enjoy. She can see how trainings stresses her. Yoohyeon, being the youngest and the newest of them, was still vulnerable to pressure and stress. And all she ever did was burst her frustrations on the girl.

"Are you alright?" Someone sits beside her and she felt herself near to breaking down.

"Is she alright? Is Bora with her?"

"Hmmm." Siyeon hummed, as she pulled Jiu into a hug.

"She might really think that I actually hate her. You know I don't, Singnie. I'm afraid she'll end up hating me."

"She doesn't and won't hate you, Jiu. Bora and I know you were trying. It was hard for us too before, remember. And we were able to let you open up. Just... just try to let her understand. And try to let her in. She'll be with us for the rest of the years. Yoohyeon is different from us. She might take things differently. We know you were just so worried. You care too much for her. We all know you just want to take care of her."

The irony of herself made Jiu sadly laugh. She cares for Yoohyeon so much. Even more that how she cares for her two other members. Care, is that even the right word. She doesn't know if she feels more. Everything are so new and it overwhelms her.

She want to take care of Yoohyeon. But Jiu doesn't know how to show it. Since she was a kid, she never let someone get attached to her and vice versa. As her parents spend most of their time on her younger brother, all she thought of was how to take care of herself and the responsibilities given to her. She never really cared for someone until the girls came.

Jiu admires Yoohyeon. A lot. She wanted to be close with the girl. The moment their manager introduced the new trainee, she felt excitement and nervousness at the same time. She's amazed by the younger girl's talents, also Yoohyeon's personality inspires her. Yoohyeon is a beautiful woman, inside out. Her simple smile cheers the leader up. Even with Yoohyeon's simple mistakes, all Jiu could see is she need to be there for Yoohyeon to help her. But Jiu isn't like Siyeon or Bora. She's not confident enough to do something for a person, afraid that she might do it in a wrong way.

"Can you please check on her? I... want to be alone for a while..." 
Siyeon gave the leader a final hug, kissing the top of her head, before leaving.

It's true. She tried. But living that way for almost half of her life makes it hard to suddenly adjust to her new surroundings. She doesn't want to admit but she envy Sua and Siyeon on their closeness with Yoohyeon. Siyeon, given her younger age, made it easy to be close with their youngest.

Yet she gets jealous with Sua the most. Before Yoohyeon, Sua and Siyeon were on the same room but when the girl came they asked her to choose whom she want to be with. And since Sua was the most enthusiastic to welcome her, she chose the second eldest. Sua treats her like a little sister, making Yoohyeon more comfortable around her. Jiu feels jealous seeing how Yoohyeon always smile and enjoy when she's with Sua.

She let her tears flow as she was reminded how she failed once again on trying to get better. She'd never wanted to do something so much because of a person and it all changed when Yoohyeon came. She wanted to be better for Yoohyeon.

She wiped her tears and calmed herself down before going to the kitchen to prepare a glass of strawberry milk. She sat down on one of the stools and waited for a while. Soon, Sua appears with Siyeon trailing behind her. She couldn't look at Sua, she felt guilty on how she acted earlier.

"Don't worry, I understand." She felt an arm draped around her shoulders.

She looked up and saw Siyeon sitting in front of her while Sua stands beside her. She gave them a soft smile, feeling so grateful of having such good friends.

"Go on, I think she have calmed down." Sua rubs Jiu's arm, then moves to kiss the top of her head. Jiu just nodded, carefully holding the glass.

Jiu softly knock and Yoohyeon's soft voice was heard, "Come in...". Jiu deeply breathed in before turning the knob.

Jiu sees Yoohyeon lying on Sua's bed on the lower bunk with a blanket over her body. She gently placed the glass and sat beside the girl. Yoohyeon notices the presence and peeks. When she finally sees Jiu's face, she panicked and quickly sat up, accidentally bumping her head on one of the posts.

"Yah, careful." Jiu frowned, reaching for Yoohyeon's head to caress it.

"Unnie... w-why are you here? You s-should be resting... it's late." Jiu's heart clenched even more. Yoohyeon was always nice. Despite all the shouting she did at the girl, here she is still worrying about her.

"It's fine. I know I won't be able to sleep until I see you. I need to make sure you're fine... after what I did. And... also to, uhm.. apologize." Jiu tried to sound calm as much as possible. When in front of Yoohyeon, she doesn't want to show how weak she can become. But tonight she had to admit her mistakes.

"No, I should be the one to apologize. I was irresponsible. I'm sorry I made you mad, unnie."

"No, Yoohyeon. I know you just want to relieve stress. I... I've been too strict to you these days, adding to you pressure. I'm sorry I said hurtful words to you. Unnie was just so worried. I know you asked permission but I started to panic when it was getting late. We couldn't reach you. I was feeling so much when you came so I'd burst on you. Please don't think I hate you." Jiu said in one go. She never really told what's on her mind and she tried to do it for Yoohyeon.

"I'm sorry unnie. Sorry for worrying you. I won't do it again."

Yoohyeon was nervous. Jiu never talked to her regarding personal matters and she doesn't know how to act in front of the girl. It's usually just about trainings and schedules. Jiu was usually the busiest of them and was the most serious one.

Jiu was internally panicking. She'd never done this with her own initiative. Her hands were shaking and she had taken a few deep breaths, trying to compose hherself Yoohyeon can't see her cry.

"Please don't hate me. Please don't think that I don't like you." It was almost a whisper.

"I don't unnie. I love you. I'll never hate on you." Yoohyeon noticed Jiu shaking so she reached out for the girl's hands, caressing the back of it with her hand.

"It's fine unnie. Don't worry." She added.

Jiu gently pulled her hand away from Yoohyeon so she could get the glass of strawberry milk.

"Drink this up and sleep. I know you're tired. You need to rest."

Yoohyeon smiled and happily took the glass. Jiu saw how the girl's eye lit up and she felt herself slowly calming down. Yoohyeon drank it in one go and smiled widely seeing that Jiu isn't shaking anymore.

"You should sleep. Good night, Yoohyeon."

Jiu looked at Yoohyeon. She couldn't leave. She wanted to hug the girl. She remembered how Yoohyeon's geture had calmed her earlier. Yet her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter