Final

Ace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Please...ace..."

 

Eunbi  mumbled quietly as she holds her hand together while her eyes are not leaving a certain girl in the serving line.

 

She watches the girl intently doing her signature movement before serving the ball flawlessly. 

 

Eunbi watched the ball went to the other side of the court, her eyes widened in happiness when the other team didn't receive the ball and that causes the other team to score and win the game.

 

"CAN YOU SEE THAT?! THAT IS MY BESTFRIEND! THEY ARE NOW GOING IN FINALS!"

 

She shouted in happiness as she waves her hand excitedly to her best friend who's eyes are on her while beaming widely at each other. 

 

"Eunbi, can you calm down? You act like a proud girlfriend." Sakura scoffed to her, but when she tried to speak, the short haired girl quickly squealed and made her way to her girlfriend.

 

"Look who's talking, she's really whipped to her girlfriend." Eunbi says as she shook her head watching Sakura bad Chaeyeon interacts with each other with a smile on their faces. 

 

Meanwhile, someone pokes her cheeks softly that gets her attention. 

 

A wide smile paste on her lips when she saw her best friend smiling widely at her. 

 

"Hyewonnie!~" She cooed to her best friend who just pouted at her when the familiar nickname was mention once again. 

 

"When will you ever stop calling me like that?" Hyewon pouted, clearly not liking that nickname. 

 

She will smack Chaeyeon's head later because she is the cause why Eunbi keeps calling her like that. 

 

"Hmm...so what should I call you? Ms. Setter?" Eunbi grinned as she pokes Hyewon's side. 

 

"Call me baby." 

 

Hyewon grinned but Eunbi laughed at her as she slaps her best friend's shoulder.

 

"You're really a joker Hye. Now, let's go! I bet you are hungry, my treat!"

 

Eunbi excitedly ruffles her hair.

 

"Yeah sure, wait for me here. I'll just take a shower." Hyewon smiles softly as her best friend nodded her head before busying herself using phone.

 

The younger girl walks away from Eunbi, she glanced at her best friend who is laughing at her phone, probably she saw something funny in her phone again

"Just confess."

 

She looked at the girl and she saw Chaeyeon grinning at her. 

 

"How? My best friend is so dense Chae, I tried and showed her the hints that I like her but she doesn't even noticed it. She keeps on thinking that I am joking." 

 

Hyewon scoffed as the memories of her with Eunbi entered her mind. 

 

The time when she always walk Eunbi to their home, everytime she made a sudden skin ship to the girl, giving her a soft hugs and leaning on her shoulder. 

 

The time when she always go to the library to accompany her best friend even though she doesn't like staying there because it made her soul gets lost and make a big drowsiness to her. 


The moment when she always gets protective to Eunbi when there's a new suitor that will go to her best friend, of course she hates the idea, that's why as much as possible she tried to pushed those suitors away, good thing that Eunbi doesn't even care about it. 


Hyewon can't believe that she have a dense best friend, she showed it to her actions her feelings but Eunbi doesn't notice it, that made her frustrated. 


"I can't blame you, she's really dense, but you can try saying those words and confessed to her, like what I did to Sakura."

 

Chaeyeon's shrugged as she patted Hyewon's shoulder softly.

 

Hyewon just sighed and looked at Eunbi, she automatically smile when her the older girl is looking at her with a wide smile. 

 

"Just how much can you be a dense Kwon Eunbi?"

 

 

"To my best friend who is the best setter in this league and made her team to enter the finals!"

 

Eunbi said as she raised her bottle of Soju in the air that made Hyewon shakes her head as a smile is imprinted on her face. 

 

"Cheers! You should come at my game, okay?" Hyewon giddily says, they both laughed at each other as they proceed to dig in their food. 

 

"Of course. I won't miss it for the world." Eunbi winks at her. 

 

Hyewon can't help but to stare at Eunbi, she can't deny the beauty that the girl has, it's like she's a masterpiece of art, every inch of her is perfectly sculptured. 

 

Her image is so shining, shimmering, and splendid that always brings Hyewon to a whole new world. A world where she wishes that Eunbi can notice her feelings for her. 

 

"Hey, won't you eat?" 

 

She's suddenly gets back in reality when Eunbi waves her hand at her face. She just smiles at the older girl. 

 

"Feed me." Hyewon suddenly said, she's being flirty again to Eunbi, but of course the girl won't notice it because she's already used at the sudden changes at how Hyewon acts towards her. 

 

"Really? Being clingy and a big baby again?" Eunbi chuckles as she feed Hyewon a cream shrimp using her own spoon. 

 

"Psh, I am only like this to you, duh." Hyewon rolled her eyes as she stated the fact. 

 

"You know, I really wonder, why aren't you dating someone huh?" Eunbi suddenly asked that made her stopped drinking the bottle of Soju in her grasped. 

 

She scoffed but then answered.

 

"I don't have time for that." Hyewon shrugs as she busied herself folding her sleeves to ready herself on eating.

 

"Eh? But you're popular to our university, you have a lots of admirer, boys and girls like you." Eunbi said as she brings her spoon to Hyewon who quickly opened . 

 

She chewed the food before responding. 

 

"You know. It's because I don't like them." Hyewon said nonchalantly as she waited for Eunbi to feed her again. 

 

"Seriously, do you even like someone? Not a food." Eunbi said before feeding her with a small amount of chicken. 

 

Then younger girl takes her time to chew the chicken before saying her answer.

 

"You." 

 

She quickly said as she drinks her Soju. 

 

"What?" Eunbi asked, the girl is taken aback by her sudden words. 

 

"I mean you? Do you like someone?" 

 

Hyewon cleared but she can feel all her bloods rushed to her face, it's suddenly feels so hot for her. 

 

Eunbi stared at her eyes intently, she tried to keep her composure not wanting to panic.

 

"Nah, I don't like someone." Eunbi said plainly, suddenly Hyewon slumped her shoulder in defeat. 

 

'She doesn't like anyone?' 

 

The younger girl pouted when Eunbi was about to feed her again. 

 

"What?" 

 

"So...you don't even like me?" 

 

Hyewon pouted sadly, she crossed her arms like a sulking kid. It made Eunbi chuckles at her sudden actions. 

 

"Oh come on Hye, you know that you are my favorite person."

 

Eunbi grinned widely as she pinches Hyewon's nose softly.

 

Being Hyewon she quickly smiles upon hearing it from the girl she likes.

 

"You should. I should be the only one that must be your favorite person." 

 

Hyewon said grinning widely as she accepted the food that Eunbi offered to her. 

 

 

"I thought you wouldn't come!" 

 

Hyewon pouted and clings her arms to Eunbi who just chuckles at her. 

 

"Sorry, I need to meet someone." Eunbi said, suddenly it made her attentive, she quickly squints her eyes to the older girl.

 

"Who?" She asked, staring intently at Eunbi.

 

"A friend. She almost gets lost on her way here, I helped her and I told you, I can't miss your game.." Eunbi smiled, clearly enjoying the childish act of her best friend. 

 

"Good. I thought it's your suitor bothering you again." 

 

"I'm not interested with them." Eunbi shrugs that made Hyewon smiled. 

 

"That's nice. Our game will start, just seat at where I can see you, okay?" Hyewon asked, showing her puppy eyes. 

 

Eunbi just shook her head at the girl. 

 

"Okay boss, you always know where I sit." Eunbi said as she started to walk away but Hyewon grabbed her hand. 

 

"I need a good luck charm~" Hyewon whined as she intertwined their hands together. Eunbi seems like she doesn't mind her sudden action that made her smile in the inside.

 

"I can't believe you're being clingy again, okay I will give you a hug." Eunbi chuckles, as she saw how her best friend clings on her. 

 

The older was about to hug her but Hyewon quickly stole a kiss on her forehead that made Eunbi stopped on her tracks.

 

"Thanks! We'll win this. Watch this setter lead the game."

 

Hyewon winks as she left Eunbi who is still shock at what she did. 


...


"They can win this game." Sakura said as she stared at the score. 

 

It's 11-20, 3rd set. 

 

In favor of Hyewon and Chaeyeon's team. 

 

"I know." Eunbi smiles as she watches Hyewon gets the second ball and flwalessy sets it towards the waiting Chaeyeon at the right side of the net. 

 

The duo quickly hugged each other as the ball swish to the ground leaving the other team shocked. 

 

"Whenever you are here, she's in her usual game." 

 

Sakura teased as she pokes Eunbi's sides. 

 

"What? Hyewon is just a great setter, she knows how to bring her team and execute her games." 

 

Eunbi explains as she watches Hyewon serves sharply, she pouted when the girl didn't ace because it was Hyewon's forte but shrugged it off. 

 

"I can't believe that you are so dense." Sakura muttered but Eunbi heard it. 

 

She looked at the short haired girl, clueless at her sudden remark. But the girl is busy watching the game. 

 

She didn't notice that Hyewon's team is in their match point to get this game.

 

She watched intently as the opposite team serves the ball, Hyewon's team receives the first ball.

 

Hyewon quickly gets the ball, everyone knows that she's about to set it to Yena, her other member, but Eunbi frowned when the girl do a drop ball. 

 

"Oh...she saved it. That girl from the other team is so good." Sakura said when the dropped ball from Hyewon is saved from the girl.

 

"Oh...it's Sian." Eunbi suddenly said when she saw who is Sakura's pointing.

 

"You know her?" The short haired girl asked, she only nodded her head as she shifted her attention to the game. 

 

She frowned when she saw that Hyewon is getting annoyed. She can see from her seat that her best friend is scowling so hard. 

 

She realized something. 

 

'Oh...she doesn't like it when they get her dropped ball.'

 

She shook her head, suddenly Hyewon looks at her, she waves her hand while smiling widely, the younger girl's expression suddenly soften when she saw Eunbi smiling at her. 

 

"Really dense." Sakura whispered when she witnessed how Hyewon looks at Eunbi. 

 

Eunbi stands up due to the moment when Hyewon's team scored that makes them the winner of the first game. Only one game and they are the champion.

 

Hyewon looked at her and she beamed widely at her, she can see how excited the younger girl.

 

"Cream shrimp, later?!" Hyewon shouted to her best friend who only nodded her head. 

 

"Sure! I'll wait!" Eunbi shouted back.

 

The two of them didn't mind how other people stared at them for shouting.

 

"Okay! I'll just shower!" Hyewon grinned.

 

"Hye, do you wanna come? Coach said he will treat us because we won." Chaeyeon said that gets her attention.

 

"Are you coming?" Hyewon asked.

 

"Yep. You?" The blonde girl asked.

 

"I'll try to catch up." Hyewon grinned, Chaeyeon only chuckles but she already know why.

 

She only nodded her head before proceeding her way on their designated locker room.

 

...

 

Hyewon hurriedly picks up her duffle bag, she bids her goodbye to her teammates before walking outside.

 

Her eyes roamed around the place to find Eunbi but her forehead creased when she saw the older talking to the girl from the other team.

 

The girl who saved her dropped ball, who stare down at her after that. 

 

She quickly made her way to the two who are busy with their own words, as soon as she reached them, she cleared to get their attention.

 

"Oh Hye!" Eunbi quickly hugged her as if she didn't saw her for a long time.

 

This time, the butterflies in her stomach are here again causing a large chaos especially the tugged on her chest. 

 

"Congrats! By the way, she's Sian, the friend that I am referring earlier." Eunbi said introducing the girl to her. 

 

"I see. Nice to meet you." Hyewon said smiling timidly to the other girl. 

 

"Me too, you're really a great player, your sets are so amazing!" Sian said to her, she only nodded her head. 

 

'Look who is an angel, she clearly stare down at me earlier. Her attitude is made of plastic.'

 

"Thanks. Let's go eat now Eun, I am hungry." Hyewon said to her best friend, not interested to have a conversation with Sian.

 

"Yeah, see you around Sian." Eunbi said as she gets pulled by her best friend. 

 

 

Hyewon scoffed as she waits for the ball to touch her hand, as soon as it happened, she quickly sets it for Yena but the latter didn't reach gets to spike her set. 

 

She apologised to the girl and to her coach before proceeding their practice again.

 

But everyone can see how much mistakes Hyewon made throughout their practice match between the members, even her close friend Chaeyeon can see it.

 

Her sets are not on point and her game isn't her usual plays. She's clearly not in herself. 

 

Something is bothering her. 

 

"Coach! Can we get a break for a minute?" Chaeyeon asked to their coach who is staring blankl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter