Protection

Protect Me

Lin Yanjun, a 23 years old assassin.

He used to have a family, until he got kidnapped from the age of 5. An old nice looking grandpa took care of him for weeks, until they brought his family killing them in front of him. They taught him to be a merciless and successful killer, showing pity to none even if they're dead.

He was sitting on a chair, his bleach hair nicely fixed, his suit perfectly ironed, tagging his leather gloves together. He looked at the big projector in front of him "Yanjun. We need to take out one of our hackers. We suspect that he's gonna betray us", Yanjun chuckled keeping his usual mischievous smirk. He didn't say anything, didn't need to. He only wore his unnoticeable business earphone, heading to the location that was sent on his phone.

The traitor was living in an apartment that was surrounded by another house in front of it, luckily it was a side where not many would notice. He watched him for a whole day, until he decided to kill in the night.

It was around 23:00, when he silently broke into the hacker's apartment. It was only a dim light on in the living room, Yanjun stepped soundlessly looking carefully around him.

Suddenly, the guy attacked him with a baseball bat from the side, but Yanjun was fast to dodge it, punching the man's face. The fight lasted long, accidentally turning on he light, but the assassin didn't care. Yanjun had to admit "You got some fight in you" his ironic smirk rose, while the bleeding man screamed " you!" he run towards him. A quick move and Yanjun made him kneel, quickly straggling him.

He was breathing heavily, trying to calm his nerves. He grabbed the man's ankles, ready to drag him when he noticed someone on the window across this apartment. It was a young good looking boy, taking a video of not even Yanjun knows how long.

The boy panicked, lowering his phone, freezing for a quick moment before closing his curtains. Yanjun felt his blood boiling, he quickly dragged the man into the bathtub filling it with water. He pressed his head down, until only the upper part was showing. He fixed his suit & hair, stretching his right glove.

He quietly went into the building, quickly finding the door. He could hear him saying "I saw right Zhengting. A blonde guy was killing the computer guy..." he paused, making Yanjun understand that he was talking on the phone as no other voice was heard except his again "I'm sure. No, I don't know where the guy is, I closed my curtains and I'm afraid to open them. Come on Zhengting...come over".

Yanjun chuckled at how naive the other sounded, he read the name on the doorbell 'Justin Huang'. He could hear him leaving the living room, finding the right chance to trespass. The house showed the boy's age, probably really young, rich and an easy target. He took one of the photos he had in the living room, it was him and an older guy hugging from the back, who probably was that Zhengting he was speaking on the phone.

He quietly walked towards his room, seeing from the slightly open door. Justin just finished typing something, taking two dumbbells in his hands lifting them. Yanjun really wanted to laugh out loud, but he held it back opening the door quickly. Justin didn't have time to react, because Yanjun quickly took out his gun.

His gaze piercing, showing how frozen his heart and soul were "Put that down..." his voice quiet, making the younger obey "...give me your phone". Justin handed him the phone from his pocket, he deleted it "Did you sent it to anyone?", the younger shook his head "N-no...". Yanjun kept the piercing look "Who's Zhengting?", the younger gulped "My brother". Yanjun knew that Justin probably would have a copy or something that he was hiding, he knew that he should kill him, but he couldn't. Even though he was cold and ruthless, he never killed random people, mostly such a young age.

He thought of torturing him and make him forget everything, but that moment someone spoke on the earphone "Yanjun...!" it was Xiaogui, a hacker and a good friend of Yanjun "...Xukun is around. Our previous hacker would probably give the infos to him".

Xukun was one of the most successful assassins and Yanjun's biggest enemy. They were the two bests so they were obviously always opponents.

Yanjun cursed, he grabbed Justin's wrist "You're coming with me...", the younger's eyes were ready to pop out. He shook his head, yet he was dragged by the older "I'm gonna forget what I saw, really", Yanjun turned around with a sinister smirk "Don't worry. I'm not gonna kill you. I'm just...gonna torture you until you forget" the panic on the younger's face aroused him.

Justin resisted "I'm not coming with you, bastard" he tried to punch Yanjun with his free hand, instead the other dodged it "Then I'm going to Zhengting...", the younger's shoulders fell, now allowing Yanjun to drag him. Yanjun handcuffed him to the car "Where are you taking me?!", the older ignored him for a moment "Me, the bastard, will debate what I'm gonna do with you".

Not long after, they arrived at Xiaogui's hideout. He knocked two times on the steel door, until a loud 'beep' sound was heard. The place was all dark, only the electronics lighting the place, Xiaogui turned around "Who's this Yanjun?", Justin frowned his eyebrows, repeating the name in his head. The assassin tilted his head "He saw me killing that dumb hacker", Xiaogui puffed his cheeks "This is hard. Look, I never liked killing random people, so do you. Then...let's..." that moment a piercing sound was heard from one of Xiaogui's screens.

They all looked, seeing a small camera that watched the hacker's house, being take from the drawler. They saw Xukun's cold eyes, wearing a black hospital mask, his blonde hair brushed backwards. He tilted his head, widening his eyes as he raised a small chip in his hand. He let the camera fall, quickly stepping on it, destroying it.

Xiaogui looked at Yanjun "He took what he wanted. Now you can only stop him", Yanjun let out many curses as a small mental breakdown followed. He looked at Justin, then back at his partner "Where should I go?", his hacker shrugged "I think to that retired assassin from our company. Xukun's company was chasing him many years".

Yanjun knew that he should probably go tomorrow, so he turned to Justin "My job is for tomorrow, so you kid, you're staying here with me", the younger shook his head "Why? I deleted the video and if you worry about my brother, he didn't believe me. He never does. Why won't you let me go?!". The sinister smirk grew into a sinister smile "Because I like you", Justin freaked out with the whole meaning of it, which only made the assassin burst out in laugher "I love it when you take that panicked look. I have to do my job secretly and you as an idiot recorded me, so now you have to pay" with that he dragged him in a room, where he knew Xiaogui had for him.

Justin tried to escape many times during the night, but both the others were ready to stop him. Justin knew he had to submit. 

It was around 17:00 when Yanjun took Justin where Xukun would be, he explained to the captivate that the other was his worst enemy and the cruel person who would kill anyone who got in his way. He let Justin in the car, handcuffing him "Don't try to escape" with that he locked him in the car, quickly getting on the roof of the big building.

It was a cold day, dark clouds filled the sky, signalling that a heavy storm was coming up. He saw Xukun's back, standing there "You're late", Yanjun was breathing heavily. Xukun turned around, taking off his mask "What took you so long?" with that he got his fists ready. Yanjun smirked mischievously "Bring it on, pretty boy".

Like always they fought with hatred and power, none of them backing down until they were out of breath. And soon they were both exhausted that's when Ziyi spoke into Xukun's ear "Go! I need to talk to you". Xukun put down his fists, making Yanjun understand that he doesn't want a fight "What is it? You got your kicked, pretty boy?". Xukun frowned his face in irony, slowly approaching him "There's no way I'm losing. I just have important things to do".

Yanjun ironically chuckled letting his fists down "There is nothing more important..." Xukun cut him off by a bitter punch on the mouth and nose, finding his chance to escape. Yanjun checked if he bleeded, but luckily he didn't "You little son of a !" with that he started walking away "Whatta punch though..." he mumbled to himself.

Xukun quickly went on an abandoned building that wasn't far away, meeting his partner Ziyi "I found his weakness", Xukun's eyes widened for a quick moment "He has a boy in his car, his name is Justin Huang. He's 17 years old. He has an older brother named Zhengting & two friends named Chen Linong and Fan ChengCheng", Xukun's eyes widened in madness. He knew how to destroy Yanjun. 

Yanjun got out of the building, seeing his car window broken. His eyes widened, realizing Justin had escaped. He looked around him, noticing his back, seeing him going down in a train station. He run as fast as he could.

He saw him going inside the train, quickly getting in the same one too. Justin noticed him when the train started moving, the intense look on the assassin's face brought him goosebumps. He tried to move further away, as Yanjun started walking closer to him.

Suddenly, he bumped into someone, who harshly grabbed his wrist. Yanjun's eyes shot open seeing Xukun here, with a quick move he grabbed Justin's other wrist. Justin freaked out, he looked both of them, not knowing what to do.

He heard his name "Justin!" his eyes widened when he saw Zhengting "What are doing here? Who are these guys?". Yanjun rolled his eyes "And I thought this wouldn't get worse". Zhengting grabbed both of Justin's wrist, pulling them "Let him go!" he complained to the two strong assassins. Xukun had his eyes fixed on Zhengting, instead Yanjun and Justin looked at each other "I told you not to leave my side", Justin immediately understood that Xukun was indeed a ruthless and scary person.

The train stopped, Xukun and Yanjun looked at each other, both letting Justin's wrist at the same time. Zhengting almost run with his younger brother, while the other two got out of the wagon. Xukun had his eyes fixed on the two brothers, instead Yanjun was looking at him. He knew Justin's stupid action would only mix random people, like Zhengting.

Zhengting took Justin in the bus "Who were these guys?!" he demanded answers, which he didn't really get "Ehm...!" the younger avoided the eye contact. Zhengting pointed at him "Justin if you're in trouble I need to know", the younger looked out of the window "Where are we going?", the other quickly responded "At my house". Justin knew he already messed things up and didn't want to make it worse "I'm going to Linong's, ChengCheng is probably there too". The bus doors opened "No, Justin, you're coming with me", but the younger got out, leaving Zhengting inside. The older slightly tapped the window, calling his name continuously.

Justin quickly pressed the door bell, not waiting long to press it again. Linong opened with a confused look on his face "What's up, Justin?", the younger walked in, seeing ChengCheng holding a console, obviously waiting for Linong. He stood up "Justin, you alright?!" said ChengCheng worried. Justin sat, now realizing that he wasn't breathing properly "I'm..." he looked out of the window "...fine", Linong caressed his shoulder "Okay, let's chill then" with that they all started playing.

Time passed and Justin had already forgotten. The doorbell was heard again, Linong went to open it. The silence and heavy breathing caught the other twos attention. Justin's eyes were ready to pop out when he saw sweated Yanjun, his bangs falling on his eyes, while the side of his mouth was blooded.

The assassin looked at his previous captivate "Justin...come with me...now!" he seemed fed up, the youngest stood up, but ChengCheng grabbed his wrist "Who's this?".Both of his friends could understand that Yanjun was dangerous "Don't make things somehow even worse". Justin determined walked towards him "I'm coming" his two friends stayed in awe, unable to hold their friend back.

Yanjun got in the car with the broken window, Justin sitting on the now clear seat "Did Xukun escape?", Yanjun looked at him with a look "I did". The younger chuckled mockingly "Got your kicked?", Yanjun sharply exhaled "I! I didn't! I had to get to you and now to your brother".

He started driving to Zhengting "When we get there, lower your head, he shouldn't see you. Don't contact or respond to his calls for a while", Justin abruptly said "How long?", the assassin angrily answered "Don't know Justin?! Guess! You did the bull to run away from me". Justin looked down, wishing nothing bad will happen to him and Zhengting. Luckily, Zhengting was cooking safely, obviously face timing a friend.

Xukun sat across Ziyi, while the older served him "Did you kill him?", Xukun only raised his eyes "I don't want to kill him, not yet. I first wanna hurt him and I know how".

Next day, Zhengting was sitting with his best friend Zhangjing drinking their coffee "And Justin still doesn't answer my calls". Zhangjing smiled widely "You know how Justin is. I think he's gonna be fine", Zhengting let the coffee on the table "There were two guys, Zhangjing. They both seemed so dangerous, they scared me". Zhangjing shook his head with usual sweet smile "Don't worry, Zhengting..." one more sip and he finished his coffee "...now I gotta go" with that he stood up, taking his jacket "See you" with that he hugged him and left.

Zhengting cleared some things that were on the table, quickly heading to his room. He jumped on the bed, his belly on the bed, answering messages from his friends.

He heard a weird yet silent click sound but he ignored, then he heard the door bell. He rolled his eyes knowing that Zhangjing obviously forget something.

He walked out of the room, wanting to approach the door, but he felt cold steel on the side of his forehead. His eyes were ready to pop out, the man tilted his head, allowing Zhengting to see him. It was Xukun, still wearing his black mask. Zhengting gulped "Open the door and act like everything is okay. If the person understands something is wrong, then you're both dead", the victim frowned his face ready to cry, but managed to come back to his senses.

Xukun stood behind the door, still pointing at him. Zhengting took a deep breath and opened. It was Zhangjing "Sorry, I think I forgot my garage key here", Zhengting looked at the coffee table. He turned to his friend, faking a smile "No, I don't think so", Zhangjing frowned his eyebrows "Is everything alright?", the other nodded "Yes, I'm just sleepy". Zhangjing smiled without showing his teeth, he put his hand on his shoulder "Don't be nervous about Justin. He's just fine", Zhengting smiled widely goodbyeing his friend.

When he closed the door, Xukun grabbed him by the collar pinning him on the wall. Zhengting shut his eyes, tears falling from his eyes. He slowly opened them seeing Xukun taking a good look of his face. The assassin raised a spray with his other hand "Inhale" with that he sprayer him, making Zhengting cry more, but obey.

Yanjun threw Justin on a chair, almost making him fall backwards. He pointed the gun at his forehead "I try to be as good as possible, but you're testing my nerves. I really just want to plant a bullet on your forehead". Before he could do anything, a message came to Justin's phone. He took it, hesitantly opening it as it was from Zhengting.

It was a picture of Zhengting tied up on a bed. That exact moment his phone rang 'I got his brother...', Yanjun breathed out from his nose 'What do you want? If you want me let him go, I'll do whatever'. He heard Xukun's deep giggle 'What a caring good dog you are. I want to torture you, Yanjun. I wanna make you beg like the dog you really are. I wanna kill both brothers and then come to you' with that he hang up. A message came with time and the tomorrow date.

Justin stood up "Let who go, Yanjun?" the assassin's eyes fell on Xiaogui who raised his hands up. Justin blocked his view "What's happening? Tell me!", Yanjun passed his hand through his hair "He got your brother". The younger's eyes widened "What? How? We checked him and..." he looked at the other with puppy eyes "Help me take him back". Yanjun nodded "Don't worry..." with that he looked at his partner who motioned him to go in a room.

Xiaogui locked the door "Are you out of your mind, Yanjun?! You're risking so much for them or for him!", Yanjun closed his eyes, placing his hand on his forehead for a moment "What can I do? Let them die?". Xiaogui opened his hands "You're an assassin not a policeman!", Yanjun did a nervous chuckle "I can't...I don't want to let them die, Xiaogui". The hacker shook his head "Alright. I'm on your side. Do what's best", Yanjun smirked sweetly, giving a high five to the younger "I'll do my best".

They made a plan and waited impatiently for tomorrow. The place was an abandoned building, it was too dark from the inside, making it hard enough to see even though it wasn't that late.

When they got inside they saw Xukun waiting for them, holding a katana blade with tight black clothes. He took his mask off, but the dark only revealed half of his face "Let's give it all", Yanjun nodded as he got his own big blade ready "Let's bring this to an end".

They started to fight, while Justin tried to pass next to them carefully and he made it. It didn't take him that long to find his brother, he was tied up in a bed with a white wet shirt and tight black jeans. Justin untied him, helping the half unconscious Zhengting sit "We're gonna talk this home", a small quick laugh escaped the younger's lips as he passed Zhengting's arm over his shoulders.

He passed next to the assassins as fast as he could, but Xukun had time to pass his katana on Justin's bicep. Justin let out a loud yelp, as all the blood filled his arm and the floor "You son of a!" said Yanjun and painfully hit his opponent "Run Justin!".

The two brothers quickly run out, getting in Xiaogui's car "Faster faster!" said the hacker and started driving. Zhengting tried to take care of Justin's wound, while Xiaogui explained the whole situation "...and now Yanjun is risking it all for you". Justin bit his lower lip, trying to hold his tears back "Will he be okay?", Xiaogui let out a heavy breath from his mouth "I wish he will make it". He drove them until the other town "Be safe and be careful this time", Justin said even if he knew Xiaogui wasn't listening much "Tell him to contact me..." the hacker left, leaving them out of a hospital.

Time passed and everything was fine, they were both healthy, only a small scar remained on Justin's bicep. This time Zhengting took a good care of his younger brother and believed what he said.

They were both out in a shiny day drinking their coffee, Justin was looking around him, when too much light fell on his eyes. He tried to look, his eyes widened when he noticed Yanjun, but then the light hit his eyes fully, making him close them.

When it stopped he looked to see Yanjun but he couldn't see him there "Justin, are you listening?!" said Zhengting. Justin stood up "Yanjun...I saw Yanjun" he run there, but Yanjun wasn't there. He smiled, nodding "You made it".

                                 THE END.

 

 

Xukun isn't dead. The ending is that Yanjun & Xukun lived.