Fin.

Cold feet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Mark.”

Silence.

“Mark,” Yukhei repeats once again, voice a bit muffled with the pillow under his cheek. “I know you’re awake, don’t try to fool me. I can perceive waves of hatred emanating from your tiny body.”

There is a low growl coming from the other side of the bed, before Mark’s voice finally makes an appearance. “ off.”

Yukhei leaves out a low laugh. “And there they are, always such caring words from my baby boy,”

“You’re so annoying.”

Even if Yukhei sees Mark moving from his side of the bed, he doesn’t have time to react before sheets are taken away from Yukhei’s body.

Yukhei blinks as if he’s still processing what just happened, until the cold air hits up his body, bringing him to reality. He observes his boyfriend, at an arm-length —because Mark’s being petulant and refuses to face nor get close to Yukhei— Mark is enveloped on the sheets that are tightly gripped in his hands as he keeps his back turned to Yukhei.

Honestly, if Mark thought that taking away the sheets was going to send Yukhei to sleep on that uncomfortable couch, he should give up already. Yukhei is staying here — and preferably, to annoy him.

Getting closer, Yukhei throws a leg over Mark's body that’s hidden under all those covers that are probably suffocating him. "Petty and tiny, no wonder I fell for you!"

Yukhei can't see it from behind Mark's back, but he's sure Mark's rolling his eyes as hard as his eye sockets allow him.

“I already told you I was sorry,” Yukhei says, nuzzling his nose across Mark’s temple. He refuses to get out of the covers, keeping them as a fort against his boyfriend. “Aaand I’ll buy you another t-shirt.”

“It was a limited edition, you can’t buy it.” Mark bites back.

The thing is, Yukhei’s domestic game — like for real. Mark’s wallet cries a bit every time Yukhei breaks something, which honestly, it’s pretty frequent.

His last victim was a bunch of clothes that Yukhei was supposed to wash — not to destroy. And Mark’s The Big Bang Theory limited edition t-shirt had to suffer the consequences.

“Such a dedicated nerd,” Mark kicks him under the covers. “Ouch.”

Taking the sheets up, Yukhei slides under them, snuggling towards his sulking boyfriend. “I can draw it in a white t-shirt for you!” Throwing an arm around Mark’s waist, he brings him closer. “It’ll be a limited edition too!”

Yukhei can't see it from behind Mark's back, but he's sure Mark's fighting to keep his lips on a neutral line so his grumpy façade seems believable — probably for the sake of hearing Yukhei beg. “Go away, this is a Yukhei pro-hate zone.”

“Will you stop sulking if I let you put your cold feet on me?”

There is a pause on Mark trying to get rid of Yukhei’s arm lying on his waist. Then he turns around, facing Yukhei.

Those words are like magic to take away the scowl adorning Mark’s eyebrows — but they’re also like nightmares for Yukhei.

“Damn baby,” Yukhei shivers when Mark’s feet make contact with his legs. “They’re like two ice cubes, how can they be so cold? It feels like needles piercing my skin.”

Mark rolls his eyes while a playful smile dances on his lips. “Shut up.”

 

 

 

 

The university’s cafeteria is definitely the worst place to try to read a book that needs to be used for upcoming essays —like in an urgent tone— and Mark discovers it in the worst way possible — basically getting a headache. But his best friend Donghyuck refuses to leave. Today is fries’ day and that’s the only decent food they serve here. Yes, they call that decent.

“I’ve been reading the same sentence for half an hour,” Mark says, massaging his temples.

“Too bad,” Donghyuck unnecessarily adds while he shoves a few fries into his mouth. “Everyone knows studying here is a lost cause.”

Mark glares at his best-scratch-that friend over his laptop. “And whose fault is that?”

Donghyuck is about to say some bull his mind just made up, when Mark’s phone dings. Donghyuck throws his fist up in the air. “Saved by the bell!”

Mumbling a few curses under his breath, Mark puts in the code on his phone and Yukhei’s messages pop up.

 

[Xuxi <3 ]

guess whaaaaaaaat

i cant wait too long for u to reply so I’ll just tell u

I’VE A SURPRISE FOR U

YOU’LL DEFINITELY MARRY ME AFTER THIS

 

[Mark]

you sent it literally two seconds ago, wdym you can’t wait

and w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter