Final

feels like there was something (from the moment that we touched)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

jeongyeon groans loudly as a loud ringtone echoes through her room. her hand lazily reaches for the phone to answer it when it suddenly stops. jeongyeon sighs happily and buries her face in her pillow to continue her nap. she's halfway to falling asleep again when she hears the door to her apartment start to rattle. the pink haired girl rises in alarm and takes the baseball bat near her bed.  

"    ," jeongyeon whispers as she sneaks out her room and moves quietly towards the door. the rattling stops so does jeongyeon's breathing. the door swings open and jeongyeon closes her eyes as she winds up her swing. a loud scream pierces through the room and jeongyeon opens her eyes to see her older sister with a purse covering her face. 

"YOO JEONGYEON! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!"  

"i thought someone was breaking in..." jeongyeon trails off as she sees her sister glaring at her. seungyeon smacks her with her purse and jeongyeon whines, 

"unnie, i didn't know you were coming over,"  

"you would've known if you read my texts or answered my calls." seungyeon retorts as she marches into the kitchen to rummage through the pantry. 

"hey, i'm broke! stop stealing food from me!" seungyeon proceeds to open a bag of chips as she jumps and sits on the counter. jeongyeon sighs in defeat, 

"what're you even doing here, unnie?"  

"you promised to visit my dog shelter, remember?" jeongyeon groans as her sister looks at her with glaring eyes. 

"fiiiiine, i'll go get changed." jeongyeon trudges to her room and she can already see her sister's annoying smirk. 

  

  

  

jeongyeon arrives at the dog shelter after seungyeon and her sister tells her to put her stuff away at the cubbies. 

("what is this, first grade? why do we have cubbies?" the eldest rolls her eyes, 

"it's so the dogs don't chew your stuff, ." jeongyeon huffs, 

“that’s stupid.”) 

jeongyeon is about to head out to the play area when she sees a girl crouching to feed a puppy. she looks at the girl with the yellow dress and short black hair. the girl turns around and jeongyeon blushes when she gets caught staring. she hurriedly goes outside and sits on an empty bench. jeongyeon puts on her music and lazily pets a golden retriever that came up to her.  

after a while, she goes to get up and look for her sister when suddenly she hears a weird noise. jeongyeon looks around before finding what the weird noise was. apparently, it was a sneeze. and it was coming from the girl she saw earlier. jeongyeon stares, again. 

the girl is happily playing with a group of puppies as she occasionally stops to sneeze. jeongyeon wonders if she's sick. she heads over to her sister, 

"hey, unnie, is it safe to play with dogs if you're sick?" seungyeon looks up at her, "that girl keeps sneezing," jeongyeon explains as she nods her head at the direction of the girl. seungyeon laughs as she knows exactly who her sister was talking about, 

"momo just has an allergy, but she loves dogs so much that she just ignores it and keeps playing," seungyeon smiles, "she always stays for a long time so i gave her a personal cubby with her name on it and everything." jeongyeon hums in response and walks back to the bench. she lets her eyes follow the girl as she runs around with a huge smile that makes her eyes squint. she suddenly trips over a toy and jeongyeon is ready to help her when a loud giggle escapes the girl. numerous puppies had piled onto the laughing girl and jeongyeon lets out a small chuckle.   

"this girl..." jeongyeon sighs and gets up from her spot. she walks to the cubby area and looks around. she sees the name, momo, in capital letters and a drawing of a puppy carved onto one of the cubbies. jeongyeon traces the outline of the puppy before walking outside the shelter. she gets inside her car and drives to her destination. jeongyeon enters the drug store and heads straight for the counter, 

"you got any pills for dog allergies?"  

  

  

  

momo lets out a sneeze as she gets up from her place on the ground. she waves at seungyeon before walking inside to get her stuff.  

"what is this?" she quietly questions to nobody as she picks up a small box with a light green sticky note on it. there's a drawing of a dog (it looks more like a disfigured rat) and some scribbling on it. 

"take your pills if you're allergic to the dogs, pabo." momo reads. momo frowns as she shakes the box. why the heck would she trust a box that called her a dummy? she opens the box and finds that there is nothing weird inside. momo walks over to seungyeon and holds the box in front of her, 

"look what someone put in my cubby, unnie! what kind of person gives someone allergy pills and then calls them a pabo?!" seungyeon takes the box from her and looks at the familiar hand writing.  

"aish, yoo jeongyeon." she says under her breath. 

"eh? what'd you say? i wasn't listening."  

"nothing, mo," seungyeon smiles as she hands the box back, "a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter