Velvet Music House

Take On Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yet another day has gone to waste as I stand to rot behind the counter of Velvet Music House. Nothing but dusty racks filled with albums that people don't have anything to play it on. This is why the internet exists so that you can just go on YouTube and just download it using that one MP3 converter you always use. It's way easier and it saves you money, thank me later.

It's not like I hated working here, but it's just so boring to sit and stand around all day. So sometimes I roam around the store when there aren't any customers. We have a few instruments to sell like guitars and... guitars. Yeah that's pretty much the only instrument we sell here, but we do have a drum kit on display because the manager would sometimes come by and show off to our non-existent customers. Aside from that we have speakers, microphones, headphones, and all that in one aisle.

My thoughts were cut short. I groaned for the nth time as I heard the bell ring for the nth time as well. Guessing I have nothing better to do, I decided to greet the customer.

"Good afternoon, welcome to Velvet Music House. The best place to get your groove on, so you can party hard and play hard," I said in a bored tone, enunciating each word slowly like a sloth.

I heard a chuckle shortly after I finished. I looked up to see the blonde girl that spent most of her time here testing out headphones or browsing through the dusty racks she never bothered on cleaning. I thought she found my greeting funny but for some reason I felt disheartened when she was looking at her phone with a smile on her face.

She then placed the phone in the pocket of her tattered jeans before continuing to walk towards the aisle where we kept most of our electronics. I let her be as she's the only actual company I have when I'm here working.

Although, not to sound weird or anything, but I find myself curious about her. She looks younger than me, about a year or two, and should still be in university or so. I just let her be though, everyone has their own story, you know?

Something is different about her though, she quickly changed directions and headed towards the racks that held the guitars. It's my first time to see her somewhere else really, since, as I said, she spends most of her time in the electronics aisle. The guitar racks took a large portion on the wall with various types and styles hanging there. And considerably close to my station as well.

She took a guitar off the rack and looked at me while holding it. "Would you mind if I play, miss?" She asked looking at me. I found myself breathless when I met her feline-like eyes that looked rather blank. Her intense gaze made me shuffle uncomfortably behind the counter. This was our first ever interaction and this was unexpected.

Not trusting myself with words, I just gave her a thumbs up and shook my he. She muttered thanks. As she was about to tu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter