Heaven and Earth

𝒟𝒾𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑒

- Can I, please? Just once!

 

- Can you please not? It feels weird!

 

- It just makes me want to do it all the more!

 

Ignoring the sound of laughter, I fill my hand with soft white feathers. The sensation is honestly so good that it really feels like there's a little piece of paradise between my fingers, and I can't help but to be completely amazed.

 

The delight is short-lived though, because the woman above me sat between my legs shortly after to avoid more touching, a timid smile on her now blushing face.

 

- Ahem, sorry. It's that... They are sensitive.

 

I watch her for a few seconds as she slowly retracts her wings, and after that I keep staring for long minutes. Her bare white skin bathes in the natural sunlight, making her look even more ethereal. I sigh loudly, feeling quite blessing to be witnessing the sight.

 

- Are you okay, Sana? She asks me, with an arched eyebrow and curious tone.

 

- Do they know about me?

 

She remains silent for a while as if thinking of the right words to tell me, but I feel certain that she will not lie to me since such an act is against her nature. Then she finally relaxes, her long white wings opening again almost proudly behind us.

 

- We are forbidden to have any kind of relationship with mortals. In the long run something like that would take us away from the divine.

 

I sit right in front of her, raising my hands to caress her beautiful face. I look into chocolate brown eyes and realize that there is no trace of regret in them. Just the usual peaceful and serene aura.

 

- And yet you make love to me every night. 

 

- Your heart is more precious to me than the heavens above, Minatozaki Sana. No divine being can keep me from loving you, as my heart will surely remember you as long as I exist... I am certain that my soul will always find yours, it belongs to you now.

 

My eyes become blurry, my heart pounding because of the touching words from my love. Sometimes I think 'how a relationship, of an angel and a mortal, can last?'. If when become old and weak I will be forgotten by her. If I am enough to satisfy a divine being who lived thousands of years already. But all my fears dissipate almost instantly with these words, without her even knowing it.

 

I hug her tightly and sigh relieved, feeling nothing but love inside my chest.

 

- Dahyun, if I ask you to... Will you stay with me?

 

She gently hugs me back, her body giving me such warmth that leaves me completely surrended. Her wings embrace us like a cocoon. For some reason they seem to glow a bit, as if they are shining in pure happiness.

 

- I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of both worlds alone.

 

We kiss ardently, leaving everything else completely forgotten around us. 

 

- I love you.

 

- I am yours, body and soul. I promise you.

 

We make love to each other again and again for hours in different ways, but always with me holding Dahyun in my arms like she's my only salvation,  and with Dahyun giving me so much pleasure as if I were the only goddess whom she worships.

 

Without knowing, an eternal bond is being formed between us. Without noticing, a red string will intertwine our fates forever.

 

The union between an angel and a mortal will bring to the world what will come to be known as soulmates.

 


A bond that will be named Akai Ito.