Prologue

Foolish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Foolish

   It's never been a good choice to join the basketball team, he never had imagined to take up the spot. He doesn't like sweating, he doesn't like running, heck, he doesn't even like to watch basketball. He never see the point of such game, he thought it's pointless and only makes you tired and reek of sweat. Even the fact that his cousin, a member of the basketball team, could never gain his attention about that sport. He just simply don't like it.

 

   Yet, here he is, palms on his bended knees, soaked with his own sweat while he tries to calm his own breathing. In a pair of white and red basketball uniform, Jungkook rose from his position, not even bothering to wipe the sweat flowing from his forehead as he sets his eyes towards the ball. It's been three months since he started playing, and truthfully, he still doesn't like it despite the small percent of interest he gained about the particular sport.

 

   Every afternoon, they would have to practice to maintain their staminas and to improve their reflexes—as what their coach had said. So, Jungkook doesn't have any choice but to change into his uniform and grumpily do five rounds around their ginormous court and few push-ups before they could start a game.

 

   However, despite his obvious distaste of the sport, he didn't grumble about it and even tried his best to get better. He could never choose to quit, he can but he chose not especially knowing that his father would may not kill him in an instant but will kill him slowly with all the words he may get.

 

   He watched as number 14 dribbled the ball, running closer to his position, and he readied himself. His cousin took the position opposite him, nodding at him to take the ball and pass it to him.

 

   As soon as the player was before him, Jungkook swiftly took the ball out of his hand making number 14 gasp in surprise. Jungkook didn't waste any time and dribbled out from his competitors and took a glanced at his cousin.

 

   When they were nearing their ring, he stretched his hands and quickly threw the ball towards his cousin. The skipped closer and his cousin threw the ball back to him. It wasn't seconds when he shoot the ball towards the ring, making them anticipate as it bounced and swirl before falling through the hole straight to the ground. The timer rang out loudly as if it was a cue to take full deep breaths while they stopped and wiped their sweaty faces.

 

   Jungkook tried to catch his breath before he began to walk towards the bleachers. He sat beside number 14, Yoongi, who gave him a friendly smirk as soon as he was near.

 

   "That was excellent, Jeon. I never thought you had something under your sleeve."

 

   Jungkook took his own water bottle and uncapped it, "nah. Just my luck."

 

   The lad smirked and even shook his head. He never understand why would Jungkook deny his skill in basketball. It was evident, ever since his first game, he already amazed them all. He may not have seen Jungkook play before but he have few thoughts about where could the newbie learned to play just like the pros. Even himself can't hide the fact that Jungkook overpassed his skill with the sport he has been playing since junior high.

 

   Taehyung—Jungkook's cousin—took the place beside him and despite panting hard, he never failed to grin at his own cousin. "I guess, skills run through our blood."

 

   This made a way for a snicker to Jungkook's lips

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter