fin

routine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The routine was tiring. Jinsol would wake up at six in the morning, hit off her alarm, go to the bathroom to take a shower and wash her teeth. She would see her reflection in the mirror, the dense black circles around her eyes, get her messy blonde hair in a bun because she was too tired to fix it. Jinsol would put her uniform in, it would have a coffee mark as always, get her case and head to the office she worked as secretary. She wouldn’t have breakfast because her stomach didn’t work very well in the morning and that wasn’t really healthy of her, but she didn’t care. 

In the office she would answer phone calls, would write down messages for her bosses and set up meetings. Around 9am, she would drink some coffee and dirty her blouse again with it. Jinsol would take a deep breath and hold back her tears, because simple things like that would always get her in the edge of losing her mind. But she wouldn’t cry, not now and not ever.

For lunch she would eat something cheap because she didn’t have money to have a healthy food. Jinsol would spend her break sitting nearly the office, on a bench near the park. She would put her headphones on and listen to some random music, not really paying attention to the lyrics but getting focused enough to forget about her surroundings. At the end of lunchtime she would walk slowly back to the office, her foot getting heavy because she didn’t want to go there again. But finally she would sit in her chair, take more phone calls and more messages and more meetings and more of the same routine, until it was time for her to go home. 

Jinsol would get home, a simple apartment with just one room and a bathroom, and take off her shoes and clothes, lay down in her bed and scroll through her social medias. She would eventually fall sleep, not forgetting to set up her alarm for 6am once again because it wasn’t weekend and she needed to go to work another day.

Jinsol would live that routine as always, but not today. 

She had a blank expression when someone knocked on her door. Jinsol got up from her desk and went to receive the visitor, not even slightly interested to know whoever they were. She faced the girl that was waiting outside and furrowed her eyebrows, confused for having such a young person there. Jinsol wasn’t used to have young people in the office, nor females. Her bosses would only make business with other old and disgusting men. 

— Can I talk to Mr. Kim? — the girl asked when Jinsol didn’t say a single word. When she realized she was dumbly standing there, she manage to get to the side so the visitor could go in. The blonde directed herself to her desk and sat down, facing the smaller girl with the same disinterested face. 

— You need to schedule a meeting. — Jinsol answered robotically and the other chuckled. 

— Ah, I see. — The girl simply commented and walked to get next to Jinsol’s desk. She gave her hand for a shake. — I’m Kim Jungeun, his daughter. 

That caught Jinsol of guard, because she didn’t think someone as ugly as Mr. Kim could have someone as beautiful as the girl standing in front of her as his daughter. was open in a shape of O.

— You’re staring again. — Jungeun commented with another chuckled. Jinsol looked down, her cheeks getting slightly red. When she managed to hold back her embarrassment, the secretary got up.

— I’ll make him know you’re here. Wait a sec. — She informed and disappeared through a door. Not even a minute later she was back with a men and now paying attention to his features, Jungeun really had some similarities here and there. Mr. Kim hug his daughter and took her with him. 

Jinsol sat back, facing the entry of the office. Her mind was confused, too many thoughts to keep up with. But when she looked around and remembered where she was, she got into automatic mode again. It was just a random thing, her routine wouldn’t change because of that. 

Then a call, another meeting she needed to set up. Everything was back to normal. 

But in fact, her routine did change but she only realized it when Jungeun sat near her desk, a smile on her face, days after their first meeting. It was now current to see her boss’ daughter there.

— I’ll bring Mr. K-...

— I’m not here to see him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter