The Rain (SeulRene)

Whatever

It was raining heavily that night.
The sound of drops against her window was somehow soothing, and Seulgi was sleeping peacefully.

But it wasn't the case for Irene.

The latter had her eyes opened wide, her fingers slightly drumming on the cushions while her mind was wandering off.

Because, you see, Irene was quite the thoughtful type. While Seulgi would basically fall asleep anywhere and at anytime, the other girl would spend hours (and get sleepless nights) travelling into the depth of her mind, where there wasn't stressful assignments, drama between her friends, or unrequited love.

She wasn't the over-thinking type, though. She knew what she wanted, how to get it, or when she couldn't. She had a rather low amount of self-confidence, but she was still working on becoming someone her friends would look up to. She had her insecurities, her fears, but thinking and relaxing at night was her way to overcome them, and enjoy her everyday life. A logical, practical mind, who didn't let her feelings consume her.

Except when it came to Seulgi.

She didn't really know when it all started.She did remember her first encounter with the girl now sleeping in the bed across the room, though. 

It was back in November. The days were starting to get chilly, and most of the students already had their scarfs and coats on.
Irene was peacefully reading in the dorm while drinking a cup of tea and a blanket over her shoulders. She didn't know what time it was, for she hadn't left the apartment nor checked her phone since she woke up. Her room-mate was enjoying her first day of vacation with her friends (if Irene remembered well), while the latter was enjoying some "me" time.

Was.

Because then, she heard a loud door shutting and someone yelling her name.

"IRENE!"

To say that the named Irene was startled would be an understatement. She almost drop her mug and even crumpled a bit the part of the book she was holding.
She wasn't very pleased, and seeing her hamster of a room-mate looking at her with way too much excitement didn't help.

"For God's sake Wendy, can you at least not smash the freaking door every single time you come in?!"

The said Wendy kept her smile on her face, as if Irene hadn't just swearing. Twice.

"Irene, you know this cafe where we went a few times last year?! With Joy and Yeri we just walked past the front door today and guess what-"

Irene could only raise an eyebrow at the suspense put on by Wendy.

"What?
-They're holding a show starring some students from the performing arts tonight!"

Irene's brow went higher.

"And?
-I want you to come with me to see them, of course!"

Silence filled the room. Irene was blankly staring at the younger girl who was grinning like she just had the most wonderful idea ever.
Which she hadn't, considering the not-so-enthusiastic stare coming from the former reader.

"Are you really asking me to go out tonight?"

And Wendy to answer happily,

"Hell yes!"

And Irene was about to reject the offer, but then she saw the hope in her best friend's eyes and she somehow changed her mind while sighing.

"Tch. Whatever. I'll go."

---

I told you it wasn't finish lol sorry
Tell me if you liked it tho, I actually have a plot in mind for this one