Missing In Action

Stray Life

     He tried not to make his staring noticeable, but he couldn't help it. He knew the others were catching him, but he couldn't care less. He looks away as he brings his hand up to run it through his light brown hair and lightly sigh.

      "Hyunjin, are you okay?" Their concerned leader notices the younger males distress.

      "Yeah hyung, I'm fine. Just tired." He fakes a smile and looks to widnow for the reflection of the boy who sat on the other side of their van. The youngest was looking down at his phone and not being talkative like he usually is. Hyunjin kept his eyes on him. Jeongin had been acting strange the last few weeks. He wasn't constantly making smart remarks, or playfully giving the hyungs a hard time. He was being very distant and to himself. Hyunjin always noticed when things were off about their maknae. He paid very close attention to him and the others knew that. At this point either Hunjin had feelings for the younger, or he was just too involved with him.

     "Hey Innie, we're going to watch movies when we get to the dorm. You wanna pick?" The oldest member looked from the last row of seat.

     "No thanks hyung, I'm actually really tired and would just like to lay down when we get back." He looked back and gave a tired smile.

     The rest of the car ride was a little off to Hyunjin. Of course, Han and Minho just carries on their normal conversations and the rest were either on their phone or listening to music while Changbin, Felix, and Seungmin rode in a separate van.

     They finally arrived back at their dorms and had to break into groups to go up the elevator. They usually went in groups of 3: Woonjin, Chan, and Minho were in one group. Hyunjin, Changbin, and Jisung were the third group. And finally, Felix, Seungmin, and Jeongin were the third group. The three oldest went up first. Hyunjin and the other two members stood by the door and talked amongst themselves as the maknae line did the same. The older group laughed at their conversation, but Hyunjin couldn't help but letting his eyes wander over the youngest member of the younger group. He could see how forced Jeongin's smile and laugh and it was making his stomach turn. Where was his genuine beautiful smile? Where was the small laugh he would let out when he said something comical? Jeongin used to radiate a strong light and now he seems like he's dulled out. He was worried sick about their maknae. Could no one else tell? Could no one see that he was having a hard time?

     The elevator came and the door opened. Hyunjin decided he would pull Jeongin to the side later that evening and talk to him, but when he got on the elevator and turned back to face the closing elevator doors him and Jeongin locked eyes. He could see how helpless felt. How tired. Fear. He had the most pleading look in his eyes that Hyunjin had ever seen. He felt his heart shatter as he made out the emotions in the younger boys eyes. 

     He couldn't shake the look Jeongin gave him as he rode in the elevator. He saw the elevator doors open but something was telling him to stay in that elevator and wait for Jeongin to come up. Something was very wrong with him and it was breaking Hyunjin's heart. He stepped outside of the elevator and waited by it's doors.

     "Hey Hyung, aren't you coming in?" Jisung asked as he reached for the doorknob of their dorm room. 

     "Yeah, I'll be in. Just give me a minute." He smiled at them calmly as he tried to contain his worry. The two younger boys just shrugged their shoulders and went into the dorm room. Hyunjin stood outside of the elevator for what felt like forever until he finally heard the ding from the elevator. He looked up to see the maknae line step out. He quickly grabbed Jeongin's arm.

     "Wait, Innie, I wanna talk to you real quick." Hyunjin said in a comforting voice and the youngest member knodded. The two of them waited for the rest of the maknae line to enter the dorm room and it didn't take them long since they were all so exhausted. 

     "Jeongin, talk to me. What's the matter?" Hyunjin asked him in such a worried voice.

     "Nothing hyung, I'm fine." Jeongin replied as he gave Hyunjin the fakest smiles he's ever seen.

     Hyunjin tightened his grip on Jeongin's arm, "Don't lie to me! I can see it in your eyes. Your laughter doesn't sound the same. Your smile's aren't as big. Jeongin if something is wrong you need to tell me right now. You haven't been yourself in weeks and it's worrying me sick." He gave the youngest member a pleading look.

     Jeongin looked down for a minute and didn't say anything. He didn't want to worry Hyunjin so much, but he wasn't good at hiding his feelings and he knew that. He kepy his eyes on the ground as felt the tears swell in his eyes. He lunged forward and hugged Hyunjin tightly. He barried his face in the older males chest as he began to sob, "Hyung... Hyung I'm so tired," He continued to speak between sobs and pants "I'm so emotionally and physically tired. We haven't gotten a break ina year. I miss my family. I miss spending time with our other members. I miss the things me and you used to do away from everyone else. I'm so tired."

     Has their schedule been too much on their youngest. Jeonin was only 17 and still in highschool on top of being a trainee for one of the most popular companies in Seoul. He brought Jeongin into his arms and embraced him tightly. Even throughout their busy schedules they should be keeping an eye on their maknae to make sure everything is going at a pace he can keep up with. Jeongin was loved by everyone. He was their baby. Especially Hyungjin. Ever since the day they met, Hyunjin was especially protective of Jeongin. He couldn't help it, it was almost like an instinct. 

     "Innie... You need to tell us when things beome too much for you. Please. We don't wanna see you negatively affected by our scheduling when you need to be taking care of yourself." Hyunjin told him as he his hair, Jeongin finally calming down and his breathing returned to normal. 

     "I'm sorry hyung. It's just hard to ask for help when I feel like I should be able to handle it on my own. I promise I'll start using my voice more." Jeongin spoke softly as he remained help by Hyunjin.

     The two sat there for a minute before Hyunjin smiled and moved so Jeongin could see his face, "So, you know what would cheer you up?"

     Jeongin smiled softly at him, "What?"

     "Picking a movie to watch with us." Hyunjin laughed and soon Jeongin began to laugh. It filled Hyunjin's heart as he could tell the younger was finally feeling relief. He looked genuinely happy in this moment with him.

     The two made their way into the dorm as everyone was living as they normally would be. Minho and Jisung on the couch holding eachother as they laughed and spoke. Chan, Felix, and Changbin making snacks in the kitchen as Woojin and Seungmin made their way into the living room so they could begin their movie. The night went on as Jeongin chose Train to Busan as their movie of the night and sat next to Hyunjin on a cushion on the floor. He rested his head against Hyunjins chest and the group watched their movie until it was well passed when they should have gone to bed. Seungmin and Felix went to their room. Chan, Woojin, and Minho to their's. And Changbin, Jisung, Hyunjin, and Jeongin to their wild room. As everyone laid in their bed's Hyunjin felt a tug on his shirt. As he opened his eyes, JEongin stood there looking a bit embarassed.

    "Hyung... I know this isn't like me... But can I sleep with you in your bed?" He looked down as his face begna to feel hot.

     Hyunjin just smiled and moved over, lifting up the blanket so Jeongin could just slide in.

     After not even five minutes, Jeongin was peacefully and sound asleep. Hyunjin looked after him for a bit. He began to feel a strange feeling in the center of his chest and in the pit of stomached as he watched Jeongin's chest ride and fall as he heavily breathed in his sleep. He smiled and laid next to him, drapping an arm over his chest he laid there, feeling as he usually doesn't fall asleep until late anyway.

     He just couldn't seem to shake this feeling.