The One With The Dancing Problem

The One With The Dancing Problem
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Donghae was sitting on his couch, resting — after all, this was the break he deserved after the concerts he has done with Hyukjae as a sub-unit and Super Junior — when his phone rang, filling up his empty and spacious apartment with his ringtone. He rolled his eyes when he saw the caller ID because it was none other than Lee Hyukjae. He pressed the green button indicating he was answering the call and placed the slick, black iPhone X on his ear.

 

“Donghae!!! I need some help, please,” cried out Hyukjae from the receiving end.

 

Donghae chuckled before answering to his good friend.

 

“Ugh! I was resting! This better be important or I’m ditching you the next time you call me asking for help.”

 

Hyukjae remembered when he dialled Donghae’s number to begging for help because he didn’t know how to order food on this recent app called FoodPanda. Donghae came to his house as quickly as possible because Hyukjae sounded frustrated and was being very vague on the problem he had. Donghae being the worrisome he is, thought of the worst and came rushing to Hyukjae’s apartment, rushing through red lights — which he got fined after and Donghae wouldn’t let it go even after Hyukjae offered to pay for the fines — and almost knocked down Hyukjae’s apartment door. Only to find Hyukjae sitting on his couch with his leg up looking frustrated on his phone and looking even more puzzled as to why Donghae was panting hard. After finding what the inconvenience was, Donghae smacked Hyukjae’s head causing the latter to rub his head in instinct.

 

“No! This is serious, I promise. It’s regarding the show I’m currently on, Under19. You’ve heard of it right?” Hyukjae asked suspiciously, knowing that Donghae wasn’t a fan of watching survival show but he insisted he has watched all of the episodes.

 

Donghae hummed into the phone, answering Hyukjae.

 

“So, we’re doing a Director Collab mission. Meaning the trainees would be performing to our  songs. Super Junior songs. And I chose ‘U’ and ‘Black Suit’ for them to perform. Except…” trailed off Hyukjae.

 

“Except? Except what, Hyukjae?” questioned Donghae, sounding a bit impatient that Hyukjae couldn’t get to the point.

 

“Except I forgot some parts of the dance and my mind is rusty. I don’t want to look like a fool in front of these trainees, Donghae. You’ve got to help me, please?” pleaded Hyukjae, pouting as if Donghae could see him.

 

Donghae, who knew Hyukjae by hand could sense that the discouraged man was pouting, “Alright, you need to stop pouting but yes, I’ll help you, Hyukjae.”

 

“Thank you, thank you, thank y- wait how did you know i was pou-” Hyukjae was cut off as Donghae ended the phone call chuckling while shaking his head.


 

Donghae got up from the couch which was molding into shape to complement Donghae and went to change into something comfier — grey sweatpants and a black Balenciaga t-shirt. Although it was close to midnight, Donghae grabbed a pair of shades and a cap just in case there were still fans around.

 

30 minutes after the phone call was made, Hyukjae kept on practicing trying to get his dance perfected but to no avail. He made no progress and screamed in frustration while ruffling his hair hard. He heard the door open and his head turned so fast he thought his neck was about to snap.

 

The light shone brightly on Donghae as if he was a miracle to Hyukjae and Hyukjae started seeing an imaginary halo on top of Donghae’s head. Hyukjae’s knees suddenly went weak and he was in praying position. This was all too coincidental,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter