Final.

If you're drinking, turn off your phone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the summer approached, and the young students on campus were already wearing their more comfortable clothes to handle the high temperatures, it wasn’t unusual to see girls wearing sundresses and short shorts for class and the boys trading their jeans for shorts. Everyone was trying to adapt to the heat wave, or at least almost everyone. It’s been a week since a female student started to walk around the campus with large clothes and a hood, she would hide behind tress and eat alone on the roof of her department building. Poor thing believed it would draw less attention to her.

The nightmare already lasted for 7 days, 9 hours and 40 minutes.

If she could go back in time only a week, now she wouldn’t have to hide at the roof to eat just because she was too embarrassed to face people, she knew they were whispering and laughing at her. It was totally embarrassing, but it was only her fault for being so reckless. At least she learnt her lesson.

If you’re drinking, turn off your phone.

 

7 days, 9 hours and 40 minutes before.

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“Don’t even try it.”

“I already got it.”

“I said no.”

“I don’t care.”

“I won’t go.”

“Yes, you’ll.”

“I won’t.”

“Wanna bet?”

“Yep!”

“I’ll never,” Haseul’s eyes were tired and almost closing up, “Ever again, make a bet with you, Sooyoung.”

“Seulie, Seulie, I don’t get you. You always say you won’t, but I know you.” Sooyoung placed her hand on her chest clumsily, dragging her words. “I know you need to distract yourself.”

Haseul rubbed her own face and run her hands through her hair, before pointing a finger at Sooyoung, or better saying, to the can of beer in front of her.

“Liar, you only brought me here because you fought with your girlfriend and you’re using me now,” her eyes were filled with tears. “I, who is not even allowed to suffer.”

“Who said you aren’t?” Sooyoung asked, pulling her finger.

“Suffer for someone who never even spared me a look is dumb, and I’m not dumb.”

“Yes, you are.” Ha throw her head back with a laugh, trying to keep her balance on the chair by using both hands for stability.

“Maybe I’m, but I don’t want to.” Haseul’s little pout and her rose cheeks gave her a cute appearance, a cute drunk.

“You can’t choose. Look at my situation, Heejin wanted to go see a horror movie and I won’t pay to be scared, so she got angry and took Jiwoo with her.” She reached for her cellphone, showing Haseul a picture of the girls hugging. “Not even a text, a call…She doesn’t love me anymore.”

“You’re dumb.” It was Haseul’s turn to laugh at her friend. “Jiwoo will steal her away.”

“No, she won’t!”

“She will. She must be clinging onto her now, holding her hand and pretending she scared to enjoy the skinship. She’ll hug Heejin and before she notices it, she will kiss her and apologize afterwards saying she didn’t mean it. Heejin will apologize as well, but she will feel torn and…Son of a !”

While Jo was busy talking about what was happening between Sooyoung’s girlfriend and Jiwoo, she didn’t notice her friend leaving the table to go after the said girlfriend, leaving behind a drunk Haseul and a bill to be paid.

After drinking a couple more beers, she stood up, barely able to keep her balance, her vision blurred. She wanted her bed more than anything.

Taking her last beer can and bag with her, she went to the counter and thanks to some sort of divine intervention she was able to remember her credit card’s password and left the bar.

 

“And that’s it. It’s everything I remember, after it is only a blank space in my mind and I can’t believe I wrote this.”

The two girls looked at her, unable to believe she really had written such confession to her crush in the class group chat, and to top it, she requested people to tell the girl because she didn’t have her number.

“I wanted to say something, but you two really exceeded all the limits of stupidity last night.” Heejin said, gesturing Haseul and Sooyoung by her side.

“How am I even going to college on Monday?” Haseul whimpered, resting her head on the table.

“Try to be optimistic, maybe she will give you a chance.” Sooyoung gave her an awkward smile, deep down she was feeling guilty about what happened.

“Be optimistic? Sooyoung, I said her eyes looked like waves at the sea breaking against the shore at sunset, do you really want me to optimistic?” Haseul was completely out of herself.

“This is all your fault!” Heejin smacked her girlfriend’s head, making Sooyoung pout in return, it didn’t match her, but it was cute.

“It’s all your fault! I’ll never be able to face anyone from my class again!”

“I didn’t even do anything.” Ha tried to defend herself, but it was no use when both girls looked at her like she was the one to blame for all the trouble in the world.

“Do you really want to talk about what you did?” Heejin faced the girl that tried to touch her arm. “I told to not touch me, if you get past the perimeter I’ll kill you.”

“Perimeter?” Haseul was confused, she knew she had messed up, but she didn’t know Sooyoung had too.

“A 30 centimeters perimeter around her body, I can’t get closer, or I’ll be punished for loving her too much.” Sooyoung said, throwing herself into the table.

“What did she do?” Curiosity made Jo forget about her own problems for a moment.

“She embarrassed me to death.” Heejin rolled her eyes. “I don’t plan on going on public with her for a while.”

“Will you tell me or not?”

“Okay, I’ll.”

 

Heejin was leaving the movie theater with Jiwoo, the girls were excited, talking about the movie that ended up not even being that great, but had some cool jumpscares.

They were walking towards the exit when they were intercepted by a drunk Sooyoung.

“JEON HEEJIN! HEEJIN-AH! LOVE!” Sooyoung screamed catching the attention of the people that were around. With her blurred vision, she reached Heejin and hugged her, trying to give her girlfriend’s friend a dirty look that failed due to her drunk state. “Kim Jiwoo…”

“Sooyoung, how did you get here? How much did you drink?” Heejin tried to shrug off her girlfriend, but Sooyoung was putting all her weight on the girl, making it a hard task.

“I think I got into a cab.” Sooyoung pulled away slightly, unable to recall how she came to the place. Using her thumb and index finger, she proceeded to explain. “I only drunk a little bit with Seulie.”

“Haseul unnie? Where is she?” Heejin was holding the girl’s face, trying to keep Sooyoung’s attention on her, while Jiwoo watched everything holding in a laugh.

“I have no idea.” Sooyoung shook her head strongly, getting a little dizzy in the process. “I came to save my girlfriend!”

“Save me from what? Sooyoung, I was watching a movie!”

“Save you from her!” Sooyoung pointed out Jiwoo who was clearly confused by now. “I don’t like her, Heehee.”

“But what did I do?” Jiwoo looked from Heejin to Sooyoung.

“You…Want my girlfriend.” Sooyoung, with her staggering steps, walked to Jiwoo and pointed a finger to her face. “But you won’t have her, she is mine.”

“Sooyoung.” Heejin called.

“No…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter