F I N A L

Natures Healer

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Natures Healer

Chapter One

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Her bare feet walked the earth grown ground of the dense forest beneath her, each toe feeling the energy that flowed through each mineral within the soil. The slight tingle against her skin as the green grass stubs tickled at her ankles, asking for some healing after a harsh storm to restore them to their full strength.

Brighid or as many would refer to her Brigit, slowly stepped through the tree trunks to find her favourite meadow within this vast forest that surrounded her small cottage. Her small woven basket hang upon her elbow with bound flowers that she had decided would decorate her forest sat comfortably within, along with a pouch of food for her forest children.

Wings fluttered softly against the wind as her lace dress blew around her slim figure with each step forth into the next bubble of soft humming from the wind. As if it were speaking to her, wondering how the goddess was feeling after such a harsh storm had rocked through her beloved home. Disrupting her children that rest within. Her long red hair flowed around her as she knelt to the floor where a small bird lay whimpering with a broken wing, with a soft smile Brighid scooped the creature within her palm and brought it to her lips. After a few seconds the creature was chirping happily once again and flew off to find its family that were residing within the tree above.

“Fly well my child” Brighid spoke softly to the tree before placing her forehead against the bark covered body of her tall son giving him some energy to restore his damaged roots that soon were spurting flowers all around. Making the earth beautiful once again.

She continued her journey around her home, gifting her sons and daughters the energy they needed to restore them to their full strengths and to bring back the flowers she once created. Soon enough her home was made beautiful once again for her children who lived within. Many creatures lived within her forest, families of hybrids often decided to make homes within the trees where they feel most connected to the earth. Be it wolves, foxes, rabbits, all the creatures of the forest were welcome within her home but her most beloved of all was her fawn children.

She had welcomed a family of orphaned hybrids many years ago into her forest, giving them the best spot to live and raise these hybrids peacefully away from the harsh creatures that walked the earth outside her territory. They often kept to themselves away from the rest of her children that play within the trees, often she wondered how they were but felt no need to wonder that far into the forest.

With each step she was healing the earth beneath her feet, gifting it flowers and life that it had lost in that harsh storm the previous week. Her children thanked her by singing their soft songs through the wind, letting it blow through her hair and dress surrounding her with love. This was her forest and they were forever thankful for her generosity of giving them the care they needed.

Upon arriving at a gently flowing stream the young girl placed her woven basket to the ground upon a large rock that was covered in fluffy green moss. Slowly, she reached her palm out to scoop up some cold water that was flowing down from the mountains in the north of her forest. Sipping a small amount of the water she smiled, it was still fresh for her children.

“I am glad the storm from the gods did not harm you my child, you shall continue feeding your brothers and sisters within this forest with your sweet water.” She spoke to the stream as her delicate fingers danced within the currant. Her lips formed into a soft smile once again as she released some of her healing magic, seeing the small strings of greens and blues dance with the paleness of the water flowing along with the currant. Knowing that her children who survive within the water will get the care that they may need to recover from the harsh tides that rocked through their homes during the storm.

Returning to a standing position she cupped her dress slightly by the thighs, lifting it just above the ankles as she hopped upon some of the smooth stones within the stream. Dancing around the water as she sung a sweet tune for her children. Her mind was calm as she sang her song, her feet gracefully dancing as they wrapped around each smooth stone. The texture against her bare skin was soothing as it made her feel one with her home, allowing her to be overcome with joy as she felt the energy come to life around her once more.

Her large blue eyes shown as her butterfly children fluttered around her, showing her their sparkling wings of all colours. Her hands came up and cupped at the center allowing a few of her children to land upon her palms gently giving her little taps with their feet. The small tingle that came with the delicate taps from the butterfly’s feet caused the young fairy goddess to chuckle out sweetly as she raised her hands to set them free to fly once again. Before she continued her dance upon the soft ground beneath her, each step letting soft tones of pinks and purples flutter around her small feet leaving beautiful flowers in their place.

With a gentle wave of her hand the woven basket that had been sat upon the moss covered rock flew into the air gently, before slowly landing upon the goddesses arm once again as she fluttered her wings enough to raise her off the ground. Her wings took her to all the nests of the creatures hiding within the tree trunks, making sure that they were well and the children had enough food to get them by till they could hunt once again. The squirrels tickled her finger tips with their tiny paws after she had gifted them with acorns, their bushy tails swayed slightly as their little chirps of happiness graced the goddesses ears.

“Eat well children, your nest looks ever so cozy and your little ones are growing well I see.” The goddess smiled softly as her fingertip gently over the newborn squirrel kits tummies as they lay in a small bundle within the soft nest within the tree. She left a small blanket for them that was made out of magical flowers that bring health, so the adorable kits could grow up healthy and strong.

After flying through the forest trees she suddenly paused in the air as the sound of quiet whimpering entered her enhanced ears. Her wings took her to where the sorrowful cries were coming from which happened to be a damp area by a waterfall. Her blue eyes scanned over the waterfall in all its glory before turning to the large tuffs of flowers and tall grass by the rocks.

Gently her hands reached out to move away some tall grass and her eyes saddened at the sight of a whimpering fawn. Her most beloved children in her forest, she wondered how it could have gotten hurt. Placing her basket down slowly she reached out to softly the child’s small head, earning a cry in what she could tell was mostly fear and pain.

“Dear child what have you done, you look so malnourished how long have you been stuck here.” Her concerns just couldn’t stop themselves from coming out as she felt the bones of the fawn’s spine protruding out. Its thin legs were tangled messily beneath it as if the poor child had just collapsed unable to walk any further.

‘Miss…help…’ A weak voice pierced through the goddesses’ worries, the dear fawn was communicating with her in a whisper like cry. It was one good thing about being the goddess of nature, she could communicate with her animal children with ease.

“Of course child, come with me I will take care of you till you are well again.” Brighid moved her hands in a circular motion before strings of pinks, purples and blues sprung like spider webs out of her fingertips to create a soft woven blanket for her child to keep warm on their journey back to her cottage. Gently she laid the magical blanket upon the ground before she scooped the injured fawn up and using her magic skillfully made the blanket wrap around the child. Once the creature was safely warm within the softness of the blanket Brighid brought said fawn to her chest and fluttered into the air. Her woven basket following behind her in a puff of blue mist, as they made their way back to her cottage.

 


_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

It took Brighid a while to get back to her small cottage as she had found the fawn quite deep within her forest. The soft whimpers from the fawn caused the goddess to tighten her hold upon it as she lowered herself to the ground in front of her garden gate. Flowers were decorating her home covering the exterior walls with colour and the earth around it. Slowly, with gentle steps so not to harm the child within her arms, she moved towards her front door along the pebbled path beneath her bare feet.

“I will care for you my child, you will be back to your old healthy self soon.” Her voice came out as a soft hum to the child, coating them with a sense of warmth as they entered the homely cottage. The goddess gently placed the fawn down upon her bed allowing the pink blanket she had created to fall around the injured creature rather messily. However, the poor child didn’t make any effort to move as they just rested their head with open eyes watching the pretty girl move around.

‘I…I would change form miss…” The voice floated through her mind once again, returning her attention back to the injured fawn whom was intently staring at her with their big brown eyes.

“Shh I know sweetheart, but you are far to weak to do so in your current state.” She placed a plate of fresh fruit for the fawn to nibble upon as she slowly fed it, with each piece she allowed a small fraction of her healing magic to coat the fruit so it would help with the process.

“What is your name dear child”

“B-Baekhyun m-miss…” The soft voice stuttered within her mind, causing her to smile at him fondly. Instantly, she recognized the name from that of the orphans she once met in the far side of her forest. He was a long way from his brothers and sisters.

“You are from Joonmyun’s family.” She smiled giving Baekhyun a gentle to his ears before resting her hand on his neck. “You were only a youngling when I last saw you, that was many years ago now. You must be nearly eighteen.” She hummed softly.

Baekhyun let out a soft whimper at the mention of the mother of the small pack like family, although the rabbit hybrid was a male he acted like a mother to the orphans along side his mate a wolf hybrid named Kris. The cries that echoed through the room worried the girl’s heart as she gently bought the creature to her chest once more. Softly she began to sing a gentle lullaby to help calm the boy’s tears.

Soon soft tuffs of air were felt against her chest, as little snores escaped the fawn’s throat signaling his slumber. The fairy smiled softly as her hand down the boy’s neck, letting him rest on her as she hummed her healing tune some more. Allowing soft tones of pink mist to work their magic to heal the weak fawn child.

“That rabbit must be worried sick child, I am quite surprised I haven’t heard of this through the trees and wind.” She spoke quietly to herself as she carried the fawn around her home tightly secure within her arms. Normally if any of the hybrid children go missing the trees and forest fairies let her know, it was very strange that she hadn’t heard of this child being missing. It was also strange for him to be so far from his family.

Baekhyun whimpered in his sleep every so often as his little hooves kicked out before getting tangled once again. He must have been having some nightmares, which the goddess calmed with a gentle touch and a soft lullaby. She watched over the fawn child till the sun rose the next day, not getting a ounce of sleep for herself as she curl herself around the child. Who was still tightly snuggled within his new blanket, only showing his small head that lay rest upon the delicate palm of the goddess.

When Baekhyun woke from his long slumber he felt full of energy once more, and the smell of freshly cooked food filled his snout causing him to hum to himself. With wobbly legs the fawn slowly lifted himself up, trying his hardest not to get tangled in the blanket that now lay in a bunch on the bed. He walked to the edge of the bed and tumbled off rather clumsily, landing in front of the door leading to the garden by the bedside table. The loud bang from his fall must have captured the fairy goddesses attention as she came rushing into the room with a worried expression painted upon her features.

Her wings were fluttering nervously upon her back as she searched the room for the small fawn child, own to calm when she saw him looking out the window. Slowly, she knelt to the ground next to him before reaching out her hand to the boys back softly.

“I see you are much stronger today Baekhyun, you will be able to go home soon.” She spoke softly to him. Her words were met with another whimper from the boy as he suddenly morphed into his human form. He was a medium height with a fluffy set of auburn locks upon his head, his eyes were a piercing hazel with dark rims that were glossed over with tears.

The boy bought his knees to his chest as he stared out the window once again seemingly going into a state of deep thought. It made the fairy wonder what had happened to this orphan to make him cry like this.

“What happened sweet child?” Her voice fluttered into his mind, calming his worrying thoughts.

“I wouldn’t listen to mama and I got angry and ran away…then the storm hit and I fell off a rock and ended up at the bottom of that waterfall…I lost track of how long I was there. But I don’t think mama would want me back now…I was a bad fawn…” Baekhyun sobbed into his hands as he recalled the events that had led to him being hurt and ever so far from home.

Brighid gently at the boys back as his sobs echoed through the small room decorated with flowers. She found herself next to him allowing the fawn child to cry into her chest were he seemed to feel comfortable, soon she found herself holding onto a small fawn again as he had subconsciously morphed himself back.

“I am sure that he will be missing you like crazy my dear. I bet that bunny is worried sick and that wolf is probably out looking for you every day, and lets not forget your siblings I bet they miss their brother.” The fairy whispered softly into the little fawns ears as it seemed to snuggle closer to her chest. Soft whines escaped the young fawns throat as he after a while decided to morph back into his human form. It was when the fairy heard a loud rumble come from the boys stomach did she let out a soft chuckle and pat Baekhyun’s back.

“It seems you are hungry Baekhyun, would you like to join me for breakfast?” She asked.

With a quiet hum from the fawn hybrid, Baekhyun rubbed his flat tummy before looking up at the pretty goddess who was smiling sweetly towards him. She was very motherly he thought to himself but nobody could beat the love his mama had for him back home. Brighid slowly fluttered her wings allowing the two of them to stand, before she led the fawn into her homely open plan living area that had lots of flowers, and lots of book shelves. It was clear she liked to read and there was a big fluffy armchair by one of the small windows that looked perfect to sit down and relax on.

Baekhyun was so busy looking around the space around him that he didn’t notice that the goddess had brought him to a small circular table that had fresh fruit in a bowl and two plates with some seeded toast with what looked like avocado and a fried egg on top. The fawns tummy rumbled at the sight as he was helped to sit upon a soft chair, he slowly leant down and inhaled deeply filling his senses with the smell of all the fresh fruit and yummy breakfast that was just waiting to get into his tummy.

Brighid chuckled lightly as she gently sways her had to the side in a motion towards a big jug of what seemed to be orange juice. When her hand motioned towards the fawn’s empty cup the jug moved accordingly and poured the boy a glass before doing the same for the goddess. Baekhyun’s face was filled with wonder as he watched the pretty fairy do her magic in front of him, he had never seen magic before so close. When he was back home he would always look forward to the changing of seasons simply because the flowers and surroundings would change almost overnight. He remembered one night watching how the flowers pierced through the snow during a very cold winter.

“Eat, you must be hungry” The goddess spoke as she took a small bite out of the avocado topped toast. Baekhyun slowly lifted the toast to his mouth and took a small bite just like the fairy had and he allowed the flavours to coat his mouth sending a warmth through him as he let it go down his throat. It tasted divine in his opinion but still nothing would ever beat his mama’s cooking back home.

“Thank you miss” Baekhyun whispered as he took a small sip from the cup of orange juice.

Brighid smiled and glanced towards Baekhyun who was seemingly admiring her wings as they swayed softly against the sunlight piercing through the small window by the table.

“It is no trouble at all my dear. I think you will be well enough to go home today. Don’t you worry I will take you so you won’t have to be alone.” She spoke calmly and watched the boy to see of any negative reaction, hoping that he too wanted to go home. Not because she didn’t want him in her home but because the boy was whimpering and obviously missing his home.

Baekhyun finished his food and swallowed the last bit of his orange juice before he responded to the fairy, he was nervous to go back home but he missed his mama and his papa. He just prayed that his mama would have forgiven him by now.

“Do you really think mama and papa will take me back miss?” He spoke in a whisper but the goddess managed to hear him just fine.

She smiled as she stood from her seat and motioned for the now empty plates to fly into the sink and wash themselves. When she arrived next to Baekhyun she gently placed a hand on his shoulder and guided him towards the big fluffy looking armchair he had admired so fondly when he had entered the room.

When the boy was comfortable wrapped within a fluffy blanket and a fresh cup of hot chocolate by his side, the goddess to a seat upon a equally comfy looking seat just across from Baekhyun.

“I know that bunny will be worried sick about you and will take you back within a heartbeat. I will be with you remember dear, you have nothing to fear.” She hummed as she took a sip of her sweet lavender tea.

The fawn’s eyes seemed to venture after they spoke for a little while discussing his home and all his siblings, he quickly found the big vintage looking bookcases that wrapped around the corner of the living area. There must have been hundred’s of books upon the shelves, some older more scruffy looking ones that must have been centuries old while others seemed more modern. Brighid watched him silently as he seemed to try and read the spines of each book from where he was.

“Do you like to read?” She asked.

The sudden appearance of the goddesses voice seemed to startle Baekhyun, as if he had forgotten she was watching him. He didn’t have to worry as the fairy was smiling at him sweetly while her tea sat comfortably within her delicate hand. All he could respond was with a small nod of his head. He did like to read it was something he often did back home but he didn’t have a big collection like the goddess.

“I love to read but I only have six books back home cause mama and papa forget to pick up any when they go out on adventures…I wish I could have a collection like yours miss” Baekhyun pouted to himself thinking about all the times he pointed at books in all the fancy windows of the big human shops outside the forest when they would go out for groceries.

“Well that is a shame dear, how about you choose one book from my collection to take home with you. And if you like it, send a message through the wind to me, I promise to give you another book.” Baekhyun’s eyes seemed to sparkle so brightly and his smile widened so wide the goddess couldn’t help but smile back.

“I can really choose one!” The fawn almost cried.

“Yes take one of your choosing and I will be happy to give you more when I go out for adventures in the human towns.” Baekhyun placed his hot chocolate down and jumped up quickly encasing the fairy goddess in a tight hug, which the female thankfully returned with a chuckle.

“Go on then silly, go have a closer look and see what one you’d like to take. Then we shall have to make a move if we want to get back to your home before nightfall.” She spoke softly and guided the fawn towards her bookcases with her teacup still softly in on hand.

The fawn excitedly trailed a finger across each book on each shelf, making sure to read all the spines of each book. Until he came to one that he remembered reading at home, he quickly turned to the goddess and excitedly explained that he had it at home and that he loved the story.

“It really is a wonderful story, I always enjoy Jane Austen’s work.” She smiled before taking a sip of her tea.

Once again the fawn went back to looking for the book he would take home and he came across a old looking book with a bound leather spine that had gold detailing upon it with the words ‘A Christmas Carol’ by an author he had only read about online called Charles Dickens. He had always wanted to read some of his work. But then he came across some Agatha Christie books just next to Charles’ ones. The goddess had what seemed like every book by Agatha Christie but the title ‘Murder On The Orient Express’ seemed to draw him in, he remembered seeing a trailer for a movie on tv about it. It looked very good but he’d rather read the book first before seeing any form of adaptation.

He just could not pick out of the two so turned to the goddess who was waiting patiently with a fond expression upon her features. She must have seen his struggle as she walked towards him and gently pulled both books from her shelves and handed them to the fawn. Who was now looking at her with hopeful yet confused eyes. This soft boy was causing her to want to give him her whole collection, he was so thirsty to read great classics it warmed her heart.

“I will let you have two seeing as you are struggling to pick from them both. I will happily get you the rest of these author’s works if you happen to like these books dear. So don’t forget to send a message through the wind I will always hear it.” Baekhyun couldn’t contain his joy as he hugged the books tightly too his chest and then hugged the goddess once again.

“Thank you so so much! I can’t wait to read them and tell you all about how I feel about them. Will you ever visit me back home from time to time?” He almost whispered the last part but was soon overcome with a sense of calmness as the fairy gently his hair and smiled softly towards him before her sweet voice spoke to him.

“I promise to visit any time you call. Plus I wish to help your mama out a little more. It has come to my attention that Joonmyun and your papa don’t understand that the forest belongs to me therefore every creature, tree and the wind listens and sends pleas for help only if the individual asks for my help. So if any of your siblings were to go missing again I will happily help find them.” Baekhyun seemed to brighten up at the news that the goddess would come visit him when he goes back home.

“And…could I come for tea from time to time…it’s really peaceful here” He asked hesitantly.

Brighid seemed to chuckle and leant herself down slightly before whispering into the blushing fawn’s ear.

“Of course.”

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

It was just after lunch that the two began the journey back to the fawn’s home in the forest, they had a long walk ahead of them but Baekyhun was enjoying the pretty trails that the fairy was leading him through.

The two enjoyed the peacefulness of the vast surroundings in a pleasant silence, Baekhyun watched in awe at the goddess as she helped other forest creatures. Her gentle smile was present almost constantly upon her face; she was glowing in the light of the forest. Her wings glistened against the sunrays peeping through the treetops, making them shimmer in a beautiful pastel rainbow effect.

When they came upon a steady flowing stream Brighid called the fawn over as she crouched down beside the water. Her smile was bright as she held her hand out for the boy to take, which he took gladly allowing the fairy to guide their hands into the cold water.

“Watch closely.” She whispered as she closed her eyes and allowed a flow of warm energy to flow through her. When she opened her eyes soft blues were flowing from both hers and Baekhyun’s fingertips, their energies were feeding the water creatures to restore them.

It was when a small water pixie popped out of the water and nuzzled their tiny head against both Baekhyun’s and the goddesses hands as thanks, did Baekhyun smile brightly. He had felt a warm sensation overwhelm him as his hand clung upon the fairies, to feel her sharing some of her power with him to feed the forest was warming his spirit. Brighid watched Baekhyun interact with the water pixies with his hands as they danced upon his palms before diving back into the glistening water. The boy was glowing with energy, in core had been awakened seemingly.

It wasn’t uncommon for hybrids to have a power of some sort; she knew Joonmyun himself had the power to manipulate water. She wasn’t sure of Baekhyun’s siblings however. But the fawn was now showing his power, which he seemingly had no idea about.

“You have a power sweet child just like your mama” Brighid spoke softly.

The fawn glanced at her confused until he held his hand up and saw gentle sparks of light wrapping around his fingers. He fell back upon his backside with wide eyes as he watched the light get brighter; the warmth that suddenly grew within him was becoming almost overwhelming for him. Thankfully the goddess was there to aid the fawn and gently held the boys sparking hands, she allowed a flow of energy to enter the boy to help tame the new core.

“Close your eyes.” So he did.

“Take a deep breath and exhale slowly.” So he did.

“Imagine you traveling with this energy, think of it calming and take control of it.” So he did and managed to claim some control over the core within him.

“That’s great keep going, make it apart of you. Become one with your core.” So he continued with his efforts.

The two of them sat by the stream for hours as he took control of his core, with the help of Brighid the boy finally was able to take full control. He felt so light with this newfound energy flowing within him.

“That bunny will be so proud of you.” Baekhyun nearly cried as he thought of his mama being proud after all he had done by running away.

“I…I can’t wait to see mama again…and papa…” Brighid wiped away the single tear that fell from the fawn’s eyes with her thumb and placed a gentle kiss to the boy’s forehead. Before slowly standing pulling the sniffling child with her, allowing him to snuggle against her for a small while until they continued their journey.

After a couple more hours Baekhyun began to grow tired, his feet were starting to ache from all the walking over rocks and tree roots. The fairy who had been carrying a large woven basket that had the two books Baekhyun had picked out, some fresh flowers for Joonmyun and a the blanket Baekhyun had been wrapped in, had noticed the fawn’s slower steps and little yawns.

The two took a small break by a little clearing in the forest to have a bite to eat. While the fawn nibbled on an apple the fairy fluttered around the treetops to check on the little creatures living within the trunks. Baekhyun watched the beautiful woman fly around in her flowing dress and beautiful red hair flowing in the wind.

When she was done with her rounds she fluttered back to the ground and moved a few things around in her large woven basket and laid the blanket out a little within it.

“I know you are tired so why don’t you change form and I will carry you the rest of the way. We can get you home quicker that way as I am much faster when I am flying.” Baekhyun was worried that he’d make the basket too heavy for the goddess, but after much negotiation the fawn changed form and wobbled over to the basket before slowly curling himself up within the warm blanket. Brighid wrapped the blanket around him and gave him a gentle between the ears before hooking her arm under the handle.

“Rest well sweet child, I shall get you home in no time.” She smiled softly towards the sweet fawn that was nuzzling into the soft blanket. His small nostrils were fluttering as he took in the scent of the freshly picked flowers that were wrapped in twine next to him.

When the fairy was sure the boy was comfortable she flew up into the air and off they went, she was correct when she said she was much quicker when flying. As Baekhyun started recognizing his surrounds after an hour of flight, he felt himself getting more nervous the closer he realized the were to his home.

“It’s all going to be okay Baekhyun.” Brighid whispered as they finally lowered themselves to the ground. Baekhyun seemed to nuzzle himself deeper into the basket fully covering him with the blanket, trying to hide as he finally began hearing the ever so familiar voices of his family.

Brighid didn’t force him out of the basket; instead she walked into the clearing where she found the familiar bunny hybrid with multiple teen hybrids running around as the family had a bbq in the evening heat. It was a young fox hybrid that noticed her first.

“MAMA MAMA LOOK! PRETTY LADY!” It shouted.

Instantly, causing everyone to stop what they were doing and turn their attention to the fairy suddenly walking towards them. Joonmyun recognized the female straight away and stood from his seat.

“Brighid!” He chirped happily at her presence.

“Joonmyun it has been a while hasn’t it.” She reached into her basket and pulled out the flowers, before handing them over the bunny hybrid who took them gladly.

“You must have been out helping all the forest creatures after that storm…” His eyes suddenly fell to the ground as his eyes began to water, Yifan appeared from behind and placed a hand upon the others shoulder.

“I was and I came across a little something.” She lowered the basket to the floor and gently pulled the bundle out of the basket and slowly unwrapped the nervous fawn. Joonmyun let out a cry and leapt forward picking up the fawn, pulling it tightly against his chest as he cried out nonsense.

“My baby oh my baby, I thought you were gone forever.” He cried.

“We were so worried, your father was out every night looking for you.” He cried even more as Yifan engulfed them both in a tight hug.

It was at this comment that Baekhyun transformed into his human form and sniffled up at his father who was gently his head. Joonmyun was kissing the boy all over the face before he turned to the goddess, who was smiling softly towards them.

“How can I ever repay you for bringing my baby back to me.” He spoke.

“There is no need for repayment. I am doing what I was born to do and that is protect my home and heal it when it needs a little help. I found Baekhyun at the bottom of a waterfall very far from here, he was exhausted, dehydrated and injured poor thing struggled to eat when I bought him to my home. But he recovered in no time thanks to my healing magic. Oh before I forget.” She smiled.

“Baekhyun why don’t you show Joonmyun what you can do now.” The boy glanced at the goddess and coughed behind his hand nervously before stepping back and allowing his core to let a gentle ball of light to form within his open palm. Joonmyun clasped a hand over his mouth as more tears of joy fell from his eyes.

“Oh baby were are so proud of you! And light just suits you so well.” Joonmyun cradled the boy once again but was soon interrupted by the boys siblings who wanted to reunite with their brother.

“Okay okay you lot go on Baekhyun, they haven’t been sleeping well since you left, all were worried sick about you.” The boy looked back the goddess once more for reassurance.

“Go sweetheart, I shall give the books to your mama here since I have to talk to both your parents. Go play with your siblings they must have missed you so much.” She spoke softly with that bright smile upon her face sending warmth through all of them.

Baekhyun ran to the goddess to give her one final hug before running off to his siblings who bundled him to the ground in an instant. The adults chuckled at the teens playing and crying about their brother finally returning home. Joonmyun held his partners hand tightly as they glanced at each other knowing that their family was finally complete again.

Brighid picked up the books that she had bound in twine for the boy and gently rubbed her thumb over the front covers with a soft smile. The fawn from the woods was such a sweet boy and she was glad he was back home with his family, but she knew she would miss his company. Glancing up she watched the boy smiling and laughing happily as he was offered food from his siblings.

“He was so scared you’d not want him anymore, I told him that was nonsense.” She looked towards Joonmyun and Yifan. “It told him I bet that bunny is worried sick.” She chuckled as her hands rung at the bound books.

Joonmyun walked over to the fairy and gently placed a comforting hand upon her arm.

“You were very right, I was worried sick about him but you bought him back to me. To us. We are forever grateful for your help.” The hybrid smiled towards her and bought her into a hug as thanks for all the help she gave their son. Brighid smiled as a single tear fell from her eye, which the hybrid quickly wiped away with his motherly touch. No one ever saw the goddess cry but for some strange reason her bond with the fawn was so strong her emotions were getting the better of her.

“He mention he liked to read but didn’t have many books at home so these are for him, picked them out himself. It told him to send me a message through the wind if he likes them and I shall give him more.” She smiled as she handed over the books to the male who chuckled as he read the spines.

“That boy is constantly reading, should see his room there is flowers everywhere and old looking pages he’s found on walks that must have fallen from a book and traveled in the wind. He is always reading on the computer as well. He just loves it, it is one thing we love about him.” Both hybrids smiled fondly at the books that lay within the bunny hybrids hands.

“He a quirky chap but I have agreed that he can come for tea from time to time, I am sure he will be happy to try some more books from my collection. Of course only if you both don’t mind him coming.” Brighid smiled softly thinking about how the boy had asked her if he’d be able to come round, with such a warm expression.

The three quietly watched the teens getting along in a pleasant silence; Baekhyun would glance up every so often to wave at the goddess with the brightest smile. This caused the fairy to chuckle lightly and wave back. This fawn was far to cute for his own good.

“Oh yes Joonmyun, if any of them wonder off again just send a message through the wind I will hear of it and will happily help with the search. Most likely the trees will guide me to the location. If you ever need some help do the same, I can heal remember.” She smiled towards the bunny who returned the smile ever so brightly.

“I will remember that for next time…if there is a next time I hope none of them run off again. It was far to painful.” Joonmyun watched his children with that worrying thought present in his mind.

“Well Baekhyun shouldn’t be an issue I think he has been scared out of running away again. He missed you so much, I held him as he sobbed about you and how scared he was of you no wanting him back. He regrets having a fight with you.” The fairy spoke softly as they all watched the teens eating upon the ground upon many colourful blankets.

The three adults chuckled before Joonmyun walked over to the goddess once again.

“Thank you from the bottom of my heart Brighid, you are welcome here any time. But as for now why don’t you join us for dinner. You have traveled far.” The hybrid offered with a kind smile as he guided the fairy towards the home.

“I would be happy to stay for a spot of dinner, thank you. Baekhyun seems to think you cook better than me so I must see if it’s true.’ They chuckled as they joined the large family who welcomed the fairy happily and enthusiastically spoke to her about their hobbies and all about themselves.

When the goddess left that night after Baekhyun had hugged her goodbye and thanked her for everything, she was overwhelmed with happiness. She couldn’t wait to see them all again and on top of that she could not wait to hear from the fawn about the books he had chosen.

Until that day however she shall return to her home to tend to her flowers and all her forest creatures who need her.

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

But of course Baekhyun would send messages to her through the wind after every chapter he’d read from each book. It was always a pleasure to hear the boys messages as she would do her chores, then one day she picked out a book titled ‘The Secret Garden’ and wrapped in up in a floral towel before sending it off with her owl friend who delivered it.

The message that arrived after that included Baekhyun saying how thankful he was and that he couldn’t wait to see Brighid again.

After many exchanges of books it was arranged that Brighid would come to tea once a week so she could see Baekhyun more regularly because she missed him far too much. His energy fed her giving her warmth and more power to carry on with her duties. It became a regular occurrence that as the boy grew into a grown man he’d help tend to the forest with the goddess as the two of them grew to have a tight bond and ever lasting friendship.

 

 

 

 

 

THE END