Fin.

Jeongyeon's Girl

Happiness, they say come into different forms, shapes, and sizes and for Yoo Jeongyeon her happiness was Park Jihyo.  A beautiful wide eyed girl with loud voice and a kind heart. 

She fell in love with her on their very first date, Jeongyeon can still remember how nervous she got when she saw the girl sitting on the table near the window. Golden sunlight illuminated her soft features and Jeongyeon swore, the girl waiting for her was an angel. She's so mesmerize and didn't realise that she stood outside by her car looking straight at the window where she first caught a glimpse of her date. 

Panic rose up her chest when she saw Jihyo gathering her purse from the table.She's out there for almost 30 minutes and she's running late. Jeongyeon slapped herself out of her day dream and walk to the door. 

The sadness on Jihyo's face disappeared quickly when she saw the older girl. "You came." the girl said smiling. 

Jeongyeon bows her head in shame "I-I... sorry" 

Jihyo was the one who asked her out and plan this whole ordeal. Honestly, at first Jeongyeon was hesitant because she barely know the girl. Yes, they might share a couple of classes but it wasn't enough for her to gave the younger girl a chance. On those classes they barely interact and acknowledge each others presence, she didn't even notice Jihyo until she ask her. Thanks to Momo for pushing (forcing) her to say yes.

The first date turns into many "firsts" things that the two shared as their relationship bloomed into something strong and beautiful.

Those five years with Park Jihyo was the five happiest years of her life. When it was Jihyo's turn to enter college, they decided to live together and living with Jihyo made Jeongyeon realise many things, she's growing as an individual and that Jihyo made her a better person each passing day. Jeongyeon cannot deny that she's so much in deep with everything associated to Park Jihyo. Jeongyeon realise that maybe Jihyo is her soulmate. They fit together perfectly afterall but being with Jihyo also made Jeongyeon realise that everything has its ending. Some are happy, some are the opposite. 

Jeongyeon was nervous. Sweats trickled down her temple waiting for Jihyo's answer. Yes, she just pop the golden question few minutes ago. She looked stupid kneeling on front of her lady with ring on her hand. At first she was sure that everything will go smoothly coz Jihyo will say yes, but now Jeongyeon is nervous, she just realise that she really didn't know what Jihyo will think when she do this. 

Jihyo chews on her bottom lip, gesturing for Jeongyeon to get up. "Jeong, isn't it to early?"

Jeongyeon puts the ring back on the safety of her pocket "Well... I can always wait for your answer Ji."

"Sorry" 

Those damn words brokes Jeongyeon's heart but she didn't let Jihyo know about it. Maybe five years isn't enough right? She should wait patiently like how Jihyo waited for her. 

Nothing chages after that night and it puts the worries away from Jeongyeon's heart but boy once again she was wrong. It all happened so fast, that yesterday she's sure they were in love, but then the next day Jihyo broke her heart and crush her dreams. I am not happy anymore Jeong, I'm sorry. 

Sorry. She hates people who use sorry, thinking that it will take away the pain causes by their actions that made them feel sorry. Sorry isn't bandaid people! and for your information, bandaids just cover the wound but it doesn't heal them. Sorry was more like your safety nest, to appease you conscience for hurting people who cares deeply about you but Jeongyeon didn't hate Jihyo. She'll never hate Jihyo. Her heart can't bear the hate towards the younger girl. 

She's hurting. Her hearts ache along with her body but it will soon pass.  

True love never dies, they say and it leaves a bittersweet taste on . 

True love never dies but it doesn't guarantee that you will grow grey and wrinkled with them. It doesn't guarantee that you two together will get married by the beach on a summer afternoon, golden beams of sunlight bathing the two of you, and everything will be picture perfect. It doesn't guarantee you that the two of you will leave on a home with white picket fences, flowery front yard, cozy front porch, and spacious backyard where the two of you will set a trampoline because your kids want one. 

Funny isn't it? Jeongyeon was sure that Jihyo was her soulmate but now she's watching her soulmate walks down the aisle, looking perfect on her white dress, smiling brightly towards the man she chose to marry. 

She was on England when Jihyo calls her for the first time after they part ways, the younger girl was enthusiastic, inviting her to her wedding. She's happy, Jeongyeon thought after the call ended. 

Jeongyeon didn't RSVP until its just a week before the ceremony. Sure, the news hurt her so ing much but Jihyo's happiness was more important than the pain on her chest. Jihyo wants her to be there on her special day so why not?  

It would be our wedding day if I only try wooing you back. She thought to herself bitterly as the pair on the altar exchange their vows. Regret. Jeongyeon, regrets moving away from Jihyo. Maybe if Jeongyeon stays close, she and Jihyo will still have a chance.

 

But now her and Jihyo's story will just be a thing from the past that she'll gladly share when someone asks. Life is truly fascinating and a at the same time. It will let you happy but it will take away that happiness after. Life is like Jeongyeon's math teacher (Ms. Heo, was angel outside the four corners of her classroom but a total that will made your sorry cry inside.) ,it will teach you things in the most painful and unorthodox ways but guess what it helps. Jeongyeon learns her lesson and she carry it until she grows grey, frail and dying. 

"Miss Yoo" Kim Dahyun, her nurse, softly shakes her shoulder. The monotonous beeping of the machines attach to her weak body lulls her to sleep easily this fast few week. "Miss Jihyo's here."

Jeongyeon ears perked up upon hearing the name. Finally. "Let her in, Dahyun." 

The young nurse nods and struts outside. A moment passes and the door opens once again revealing a woman with big bright eyes and who's smile can light the whole town. 

"You look horrible." Jihyo's smile falters. She didn't expect to see Jeongyeon like this, well she never expect that she'll be able to see her again so when she recieve a phone call from a girl named Kim Dahyun telling her that a certain Yoo Jeongyeon wants to see her she didn't hesitate to ask where. The fact that the address Dahyun gave her was an hospital address made her worried but Momo never mentioned anything about Jeongyeon being sick or something. 

"Well, cancer isn't exactly good for your skin, is it?"  The visitor walks towards her, tears rolling down her face. "Don't cry Ji. I hate seeing you cry." Jeongyeon pleads silently. Love was all Jihyo saw on her eyes. 

"Where have you been?" Jihyo asks when she composes herself. 

Jeongyeon just smiles "I been all over the place. I just want to see you before I leave again."

"No, you are unfair. You can't leave me." Jihyo breaths through her nose.

"You left me first, remember?" Jihyo looks at the woman laying on the bed. Guilt flashes on her eyes . "Enough with the dramatics." Jeongyeon tries to make voice sounds livelier but fails miserably.  Her time is near and she didn't want to waste her last moments arguing with Jihyo. She wants closure, that is for sure. 

The two of them spends their afternoon catching up, and when Jeongyeon tells Jihyo about her journey around the world, Jihyo tells her about her son and daughters. Jeongyeon smiles wide, loosing herself to the beauty of Park Jihyo. Years pass by but Jihyo's beauty is still etheral, she aged really well. Jeongyeon thought. 

"I realise, I didn't love him enough so we decided to just part ways." Jihyo looks at the woman beside her when she got no response. Her heartbeat spike when she saw her eyes close. This can't be, her mind screams but the heart monitor says otherwise as the lines displayed on it turns flat. 

Unknown to Jihyo, Jeongyeon dies happy. Jihyo may be the cause of her pain but Jihyo is also the cause why she's happy.

Love is amazing, love made life fascinating. If you truly love someone, you'll love them until death no matter how much pain they'll cause you.