Flutter Already, Flower Petal Shower

Flutter Already, Flower Petal Shower

Jungkook checked and rechecked all his preparations for their date, wanting everything to be absolutely perfect. His room was cleaned, with the unlit candles ready sitting on the bedside, rose petals strewn across the bed. The food was almost ready, and he had a bouquet of flowers ready to give him too. Now he just had to wait for Yoongi to arrive.

He’d just finished plating up the steaks, even going as far as garnishing them prettily with a coriander leaf from the plant that resided on his kitchen window sill, when the doorbell rang. He very nearly squeaked with excitement, but quickly took a few deep breaths to compose himself. Smoothing down his button down and grabbing the bouquet on his way, he headed over to the front door. His breath caught in his throat when he opened the door, because there stood Yoongi, clad in a black suit blazer over a low cut white shirt, with a ribbon choker around his neck, looking like he'd fallen straight from heaven.

Jungkook cleared his throat. “Uh, hi,” he said eloquently, before hastily ing the bouquet of flowers forward. It was only then that he noticed Yoongi was also holding a bouquet of his own.

Yoongi chuckled and exchanged their bouquets, but Jungkook was still pretty much dumbstruck. The dates they’d been on before had been more casual, so seeing Yoongi dressed up a bit just completely took his breath away. It took another couple of seconds of staring for him to finally remember what was happening and step aside so Yoongi could enter. Yoongi leaned up on his toes to leave a quick peck on Jungkook’s cheek before he did, and Jungkook practically melted on the spot. Yoongi looked away almost immediately though, and started playing with his ear, so Jungkook took comfort in the fact that at least he wasn’t the only one who was nervous.

 

“Wow, who knew you could cook?” Yoongi teased upon seeing the fancily plated steaks on either side of the table, a single candle and a bottle of wine standing between them.

“Hey, I’ll have you know, I’m a very good cook.”

“Love that in a man.”

The nerves mostly died away, replaced by familiarity and comfort, as they ate and got lost in easy conversation with each other.

“Care for dessert?” Jungkook asked when they came to a natural lull in their conversation, the food long finished, both of them just sipping their red wine.

“You prepared a dessert too?”

“Ah,” Jungkook replied sheepishly, “No, not really. But I have ice cream?”

“You’re cute,” Yoongi giggled. “I’m okay, though, thanks.”

“Then, how about something… sweeter.”

Yoongi raised a brow. “Oh? Like what?”

Jungkook stood from the table and offered his hand out to Yoongi, who stared at it before tentatively taking it with a small, shy grin. Once Yoongi was up, he yanked him closer by his hand, the elder letting out a small noise of surprise as he ended up flush against Jungkook and looking up into his eyes.

“May I?” Jungkook asked, caressing Yoongi’s smooth, slightly flushed cheek.

Giggling, Yoongi nodded and simultaneously let his eyes flutter closed as he leaned up to meet Jungkook halfway.

It was definitely sweeter than ice cream, even with the lingering tastes from their meal and wine.

The kiss quickly deepened, tongues melding together, and soft moans filling the air.

Jungkook pulled away just to leave another quick peck on Yoongi’s pinkened lips, before taking his hand again and pulling him towards his bedroom.

“Oh wow,” Yoongi said, taking in the atmosphere of the bedroom. “You really went all out, huh?”

“It’s what you deserve,” Jungkook replied, lighting the flower-shaped candles one by one. Yoongi scoffed, but when Jungkook glanced over at him, the pink of his cheeks had definitely darkened, and he was playing with his ear again with that soft smile on his pretty lips.

“Are you gonna put some romantic songs playlist on, too?” Yoongi asked jokingly.

“I thought about it, but,” Jungkook turned to look at Yoongi, smirking, “I’d much rather be able to hear all your noises clearly.”

Yoongi managed to turn even brighter red and hid his face behind his hands, mumbling something unintelligible behind them.

Jungkook turned the light out once all the candles were lit, leaving them bathed in just the soft golden light from them. Yoongi was still standing awkwardly in the middle of the room, so Jungkook picked him up bridal style to Yoongi’s surprise and placed him gently amongst the scattered rose petals, admiring his cute confused expression that lingered from his surprise, as well as how pretty he looked for a moment before joining him on the bed.

“I thought the whole rose petals on the bed thing was something that only happened in movies,” Yoongi laughed. “Who actually does this in real life?”

Jungkook gathered a few of the petals and threw them in the air above them, watching them float gracefully down around them.

“I do,” Jungkook beamed.

He leaned forward and pressed another kiss to Yoongi’s lips, but scooped some more petals in his hands as he did. As soon as he pulled away from Yoongi, he brought his hands to his mouth and blew on the petals, giggling as Yoongi’s nose scrunched up and his head jerked ever so slightly back in surprise, like a little kitten when it unexpectedly gets its nose booped.

“Stop that,” Yoongi whined, but it was clear he didn’t really mean it.

“Make me,” Jungkook laughed, and blew some more petals over Yoongi, one of them catching in his hair.

Yoongi huffed and pulled Jungkook down, lips instantly connecting even as he fell back to lay on the bed, Jungkook following on top of him. Jungkook’s hands began to wander down, untucking Yoongi’s shirt and making their way underneath to the soft skin of his stomach.

“You’re okay with this, right?” Jungkook whispered against Yoongi’s mouth.

Yoongi hummed—more moaned, really—in response and managed out a breathy “of course.”

If Jungkook had been awestruck by seeing Yoongi dressed up, he was absolutely spellbound seeing him like this—completely vulnerable for him, bare skin glowing in the warm candlelight, surrounded by pretty, red, rose petals. He thought he must be the luckiest man alive.

In the dancing light of the candles, on a bed of roses, they made love sweeter than any dessert.