1/1

Angels
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The cloudy sky darkened the whole graveyard, emitting only enough light for the eyes to see a man holding a bunch of pink carnations in his hands.

 

"Eomma," 

 

He cracks a small smile as he kneels himself down, hands almost clutching life out of the bouquet of flowers it held. His eyes barely stopped his own tears from falling out, his body now shivering because of the swarm of emotions that filled his system.

 

"I miss you."

 

Being the only Pilar in his life,  Jungkook felt as if he no longer can carry on living in the absence of his mother, the only person in his life he believed has always seen him as something much more than just a regular boy.

 

In his mother's eyes he was a winner, a successor, and someone definitely worthy of love. She had always motivated him to go beyond his own capability and explore his fears, always present to support his goals in life that seemed impossible to many.

 

He wanted to teach once.

 

Teach and serve aspiring youth who one day might lead the world to greatness. 

 

He believed that he could do it, if he worked hard he could become a teacher.

 

But not many thought the same, not many believed in him to succeed. 

 

After all how could an adopted child just do that? How could a black sheep who never had rights in the family acquire anything at all? 

 

But she believed.

 

His mom believed in him, pushing all the bad things people had to say about him away and reminding him of how much he is loved.  

 

"Blood is the only thing that divides us my son," She once told him one sleepless night as he cried till he felt his sheets soak themselves with his own tears. "Our hearts will connect us forever."

 

When his mother left him, the color he believed would never leave his life again started to fade, bringing back the dullness of his life.

 

Everything went dry, his tears, his mind, and his heart.

 

"Everything is aligned by fate." His mom reminded him once when she noticed the look he had because of failing the college acceptance test. "Let destiny do its thing Jungkook."

 

"Was I destined to be alone Eomma?"

 

He remembered he once asked that question during his mother's funeral, where people paid their respect to his father and his other relatives skipping him as they took their leave afterwards.

 

He remembered how much he cried that night, sleepless and alone as he cradled the blanket his mom had handmade for him. The same blanket shed wrap around him whenever she knew he was feeling down.

 

Jungkook outside was known to be a tough kid despite the opinion of his births, he was respected to be strong and manage his life independently.

 

But none of them knew him. 

 

Knew the real Jungkook that he only showed a few.

 

The Jungkook that was capable of bei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter