How to embarrass yourself in front of your crush by Jeon Jungkook

How to embarrass yourself in front of your crush by Jeon Jungkook

Life isn't kind to those who are shy, Jungkook knows this better than anyone. He remembers being brought to parties by his parents and hiding behind their legs, occasionally peaking out to see if he recognized the person they were talking to. He always had an intense fear of being asked, "Do you remember me? I haven't seen you since you were two." because how are you supposed to respond to that? So instead he opted to hide for as long as possible before his mom would come find him and drag him out to meet his relatives. Then in school, he used to pick the furthest chair from the front, right in the corner and would try to make himself as small as possible so the teacher wouldn't ask him for the answer.

One time, the teacher had called Jungkook up to do a math question on the board and he got the answer wrong. The entire class laughed at him and he felt so embarrassed that his entire body flushed bright red. He ran home that day and wouldn't stop crying until his mom put on his favorite show. He remembers when his mom forced him to join choir in middle school because he had the 'voice of an angel'. The choir decided to have a concert for the whole town and somehow, he managed to get a solo. He practiced night and day for the concert but as soon as he got on stage and saw hundreds of eyes looking at him, their attention solely on him, he felt his stomach somersault before running off the stage and puking in the bathroom. Safe to say, it was the end of his singing career.

School was a torture device set up to punish people like Jungkook with it's group projects and presentations. It took Jungkook a while to get comfortable with people but until then he could barely get out two words before stuttering and blushing like a fool. Most people avoided working with him and talking to him in general. It's not like he doesn't have anything to say, he has a lot to say, he just doesn't know how to communicate the words from his head out to his mouth and when he tries it always comes out tongue tied and wrong.

So life is not kind to the socially awkward. But it's times like these that make him really wish he could actually act like a semi-normal human being because as we speak, Jungkook's secret-not-so-secret crush has just walked through the doors and is heading straight towards him. Well he is working at the cash register. But still.

His crush is none other than Kim Taehyung, the (very hot) art student that goes to the same college as him. It only makes sense that art studies art because Taehyung is on legs. With his devilish smile, dark, y eyebrows, killer fashion sense and pouty lips, it's like a instant kill on Jungkook's part. Like how is it possible to look that good all the time? He thought college students were supposed to be broke and tired looking (like himself), not walk around looking like some sort of god.

Now here's a quick reminder of how Jungkook reacts in situations where he comes in contact with gorgeous people:

1. He goes bright red, like your grandmother just accidentally seen your nudes red

2. He can't make eye contact. He can hold contact for maximum two seconds before quickly looking away and focusing on the bald spot of one of the customers behind said good looking person.

3. All ability to speak and act like a human being shuts down. He'd fail the reCAPTCHA test in moments like these.

So it's pretty much impossible for Jungkook to hold any decent conversation with Taehyung no matter how much he tries. Honestly there's been more than one time where he's gone into the back of the shop and screamed because he's such a ing loser and Taehyung will forever think of him as the socially awkward barista who lights up like a Christmas tree whenever he looks at him. He doesn't need to worry about someone -blocking him, he does it for himself.

"Ooh y man crush at 12 o'clock." Whispers Seokjin from behind Jungkook's shoulder.

He jumps at the sudden voice, he was so lost in his own little world that he didn't even notice Seokjin sneak up from behind him and now Taehyung is less than three meters away from him. His throat suddenly closes up.

He turns to Seokjin and gives him a pleading look, his classic puppy dog eyes whilst tugging on his uniform desperately, "Hyung! Please swap with me."

But Seokjin, master of dramatics, places a hand up to his ear and pretends to listen to something, "Do you hear that? It's the sound of all the dishes I have to clean. Good luck!" He gives Jungkook the usual pat on the back and wink before running off to the kitchen (where he'll secretly spy on Jungkook and watch him embarrass himself in front of Taehyung for the second time this week.)

Jungkook doesn't even have time to react to Seokjin's betrayal because there stands Kim Taehyung, in all his glory, smiling at him. How do people breathe again?

"Hi." Taehyung's voice is so low and gravelly that it's taken a long time before he could work up the willpower to suppress the shiver he gets everytime he hears the brunette speak. Taehyung's dressed in a blue, button, collared shirt and black jeans with slacks and glasses. He carries himself with this sort of grace and confidence that attracts people’s attention wherever he goes. He's often heard the girls in his class gossip about Taehyung. He's sometimes tempted to join in.

"H-hi what's your order?" Again Jungkook barely manages to look the man in the face for two seconds before being forced to look away.

He does watch as Taehyung puts his hand to his chin and rubs it playfully as he looks at the menu. His skin looks impossibly smooth, it reminds him of a babies bum.

It seems Taehyung makes up his mind just as Jungkook mentally slaps himself back to reality. "Hmm I'm feeling a little creative today, why don't you surprised me?" He leans forward on the counter and smiles deviously at Jungkook. His heart is beating so fast that he's sure one more smile from Taehyung and they'll be carrying him out in an ambulance.

"S-suprise you? I, em, can do that but um...are you sure?" He's questioning why Taehyung would put this much faith in him. But Taehyung looks taken aback by Jungkook's response.

"Why wouldn't I be? Jungkook-" (Has his name ever sounded this good before?) "I've been to dozens of coffee shops in Seoul and trust me when I say this, this cafe makes the best coffee. And you want to know why this café has the best coffee?"

"Um because it's cheap...?" He guesses stupidly. Taehyung's mouth opens like he's going to dispute that point but closes it and does this adorable sort of head tilt instead.

"Okay, yes, it is, BUT- that's not my point. My point is, the reason this cafe has the best coffee is because of their barista."

It takes a minute for him to understand what Taehyung's saying. The coffees good because of the barista, but that doesn't make sense because he's the only barista in the cafe- and oh wait. Is Taehyung saying what he thinks he's saying? Is Taehyung saying his coffee is the best? Is he complimenting him? Kim Taehyung? The man he fantasizes about nearly every day and night has just told him his coffee is the best in Seoul. No doubt Taehyung is exaggerating but Taehyung could tell him that unicorns exist and Jungkook would believe him. He can practically feel his crush on the brunette double in size, he might as well get a tattoo on his forehead that says, 'I love Kim Taehyung'. Even then, he doubts the latter would notice.

He can't help the way his whole body heats up from Taehyung’s compliment and all he wants to do is hide behind the counter so Taehyung can't see his reaction. Unfortunately, Taehyung does see and laughs in his usual warm and timber voice. It's no secret that Jungkook makes a mean cup of coffee, what he lacks in social skills he makes up with his coffee making skills. It's how he landed the job in the first place. Some would say he has golden fingers, anything he does he excels at.

"Do you get what I'm saying Kook?" As if Jungkook couldn't get any more red. His eyes turn into saucers and his heart might stop working, Kim Taehyung is really bad for his health. Even Seokjin can see the colour of red on the back of Jungkook's neck from the kitchen.

Never has anyone, in all his 20 years of life, called him 'Kook' and the fact that Taehyung is the first makes it all the more unbelievable. His brain has began to short circuit. He can't handle Taehyung, he really can't. Unable to form any words, Jungkook just nods mutely. Satisfied, Taehyung beams at Jungkook.

"I'm looking forward to my drink." He winks at Jungkook in his y but cute way that turns the younger's legs into jelly, before walking down to the counter where you collect your drink.

Thank God the cafe isn't busy or that Taehyung isn't in a rush because Jungkook needs time to prepare this drink, his mind is swimming with everything that's just happened in the past few minutes. And he wants the drink to be perfect. Usually Taehyung's drinks are never too sweet or bitter, just a nice mix of the both so he has to find something that will suit his taste. It doesn't take long before he knows what to make.

When he's done the finishing touches to the foam art he walks over anxiously and hands Taehyung the cup. The latter looks down at the cup and inhales the sweet aroma.

"What is it?" Questions Taehyung, admiring the pretty leaf drawn in the foam.

"Masala Chai."

"Tea?" Jungkooks nods nervously.

Taehyung smiles and then takes a sip. Every single nerve in Jungkooks body stands on edge but he can't help but watch the way Taehyung's neck column moves as he drinks from the cup. It's ier than it's supposed to be. When Taehyung resurfaces from his long gulp, his eyes look almost like they're sparkling. He's got a foam-stache but still somehow manages to look gorgeous. How is that possible?

"Do you like it?" "Like it? Jungkook I ing love it! It's- it's unlike anything I've ever drank before! You know my taste better than I do myself."

Jungkook blushes a deep red because Taehyung's smile is so pretty and it's all for him. Maybe God is on his side today.

"I'm glad you like it." Play it cool Jungkook. Play it cool.

"So how much?" Taehyung's digging through his wallet before he even finishes his sentence.

"2,600 won."

"Here you go." He drops the coins onto the counter and gives Jungkook his classic head tilt and smile, the kind that would make angels cry.

Like the embarrassing fool he is, he gets flustered and grabs the coins quickly, but somehow manages to send them all flying to the floor. The sound of coins dropping on the floor sounds throughout the whole cafe and suddenly it's dead silent as all eyes are on Jungkook. Can the floor just open up and swallow him please? He quickly ducks down to pick up the coins, he doesn't want Taehyung or anyone else, for that matter, to see him like this. It's times like this where being shy just seems to consume him and make everything bad that happens to him seem 100 times worse.

"Oh let me help you-" Taehyung comes around the counter and crouches down beside Jungkook and starts helping him pick up the coins. He doesn't notice Taehyung until their hands touches when trying to pick up the same coin.

Taehyung's hands are warm and soft, the kind that would be perfect to hold. He looks up at Taehyung, waiting to see his reaction. Taehyung looks a little shocked as well, like they've both received an electric shock from this fingers touching. But then suddenly his expression changes, he's staring at Jungkook intensely, like he's trying to tell him something through his eyes. He feels like he could get lost in Taehyung's brown depths. Taehyung's breath fans across his cheek like a soft caress, it's unlike anything he's ever experienced before.

It only takes a second before his body's natural reaction kicks in and Jungkook's jumping up off the floor, the hand that touched Taehyung's, now covering his mouth. He's flustered beyond words. Taehyung also comes to his senses and stands back up, handing Jungkook the rest of the change. He smiles softly at Jungkook but it almost comes across as sad.

"See ya later, Kook and thanks for the drink."

And with that Taehyung grabs his cup of Masala Chai and walks out of the cafe. Jungkook's stuck watching his retreating figure.

"Wow..." Drawls Seokjin as he walks out of the kitchen, drying a cup, "What was that all about?"

Jungkook doesn't hear, all he can feel is the warmth from Taehyung's hand.

_

_

A week passes and Taehyung hasn't come since. At first Jungkook thought nothing of it, he might not be in the mood for coffee today or maybe he's busy because he's a college student and they have tons of work and tests, Jungkook's one himself, he should know. But when it reaches over the week mark without Taehyung coming in, that's when he starts getting worried.

Sometimes Taehyung would joke saying, "I think I have an unhealthy obsession with your coffee." and laugh in that gorgeous laugh that Jungkook wish he could record it and set it as his ringtone. But it's not a much of a joke as you think, there's been weeks where Taehyung has come in 4 times in one day, that's usually around exam time but it's not unusual for him to come in 5 days of the week. Jungkook doesn't work everyday, only Tuesdays and Fridays when he has morning classes and Sunday all day, but his co-workers tell him whenever them see Taehyung. They love to tease Jungkook.

So when Taehyung hasn't come in for coffee in a week, Jungkook officially thinks he's scared him away. And can he really blame him? If he had met himself he'd had get his coffee and run away as quick as possible. It was only a matter of time but that doesn't make it any less heart breaking. Why couldn't he be normal? Why couldn't he just look at Taehyung and smile? Why couldn't he talk to him without stumbling over his words? Why, why, why? Jungkook is a true romantic at heart, all he wants is someone to love and for someone to feel the same way about him. Is that impossible for someone like that? Will he scare away everyone he likes? He'll probably end up alone with 10 dogs because cats aren't comforting animals, at least a dog would love and stay with him, a cat would end up leaving him too.

By the fifth sigh, Seokjin feels like he has to say something.

"OK I'm not sure if I'm going to regret asking this, but what's wrong?" Jungkook stares down at the coffee machine, he feels like one of those melancholy female characters in shoujo manga. Truly pathetic.

He turns to Seokjin who's looking at him with a raised brow. "Nothing's wrong."

"Jungkook," Starts Seokjin, he's giving Jungkook his classic do-you-think-i'm-stupid look, "If you keeping sighing like that you're gonna fog up the place."

Seokjin is much sharper than he looks, he figured out Jungkook had a crush on Taehyung before he even did. The man is the eyes and ears of this place, he can't help that he's naturally curious. But seeing Jungkook this disheartened actually worries him. He'd never admit it out loud but Jungkook is his favorite to work with it, he's a listener while Seokjin's a talker, it's only natural that they work well together.

"Is it y man crush?" Seokjin hazards a guess and from Jungkook's reaction he knows he's hit the nail on the head. Now more intrigued, he moves closer to Jungkook. Thankfully it's a Tuesday evening, there's not many people here at this hour.

"Am I that obvious?" Asks Jungkook.

"You want me to be honest or not?"

"Not."

"No not at all!" Chirps Seokjin and Jungkook let's out a groan of frustration while covering his face with his hands.

"Jungkook, let's be real. You're like an open ing book."

This time Jungkook groans louder and a few of the customers give him dirty looks.

"It's okay," Seokjin pats his shoulder, "Tell hyung everything."

and it's like those words are some open sesame because once Jungkook starts talking, he doesn't stop. Even when a few customers come in and order, he continues telling Seokjin about how he embarrassed himself in front of Taehyung while making their drinks and Seokjin does an incredible job of multitasking as he takes the people's orders and listens to Jungkooks rambling. The customers look at Jungkook like he's crazy and maybe he is because he's having a very serious case of word vomiting. Can't a man be mental breakdown in peace?

"And he was so close to me hyung, like his breath was on my cheek!" Jungkook demonstrates by moving his hand two inches from his face, "This is the I've been dreaming about for months and what do I do? Ruin it by jumping away from him like he has the black plague. Anyone would think that's weird! He was only being nice and picking up the change I dropped and I acted like a pubescent boy who's had for the first time. Jesus I'm such a ing loser."

"Jungkook, calm down." Seokjin uses his 'hyung voice' (as Jungkook likes the call it) and he instantly shuts up.

"Look, yeah, your pretty ing awkward-"

"Thanks hyung."

"But it seriously isn't as bad as you think it is. Trust me I watched from the kitchen, I seen it all and ok, yeah it was probably the most awkward thing I've ever seen-"

"Hyung!"

"But that guy looked just as embarrassed as you did. And if he isn't coming back because something small like that happened, that shows what type of person he is and he doesn't deserve you. If he doesn't want to take the time to understand you then him, he's missing out on someone amazing."

Jungkook can feel the tears well in his eyes and he hurriedly wipes them before they can fall.

"From this day forth that guy will no longer be known as y man crush, but as for brains. How does that sound?"

Sometimes Jungkook wonders why he couldn't have fallen for someone like Seokjin instead, but he decides that whoever gets to be with Seokjin is a very lucky person indeed.

_

_

"Who is that very suspicious person that has been staring at you for 10 minutes now." Questions Seokjin. He's side eyeing the person who is sitting in the corner of the cafe, wearing sunglasses and a black cap. At least he thinks he's staring at Jungkook, it's hard to tell with the sunglasses.

"What?" Jungkook, the master of being discreet (note the sarcasm), instantly turns around and catches the guy staring at him. The guy, once Jungkook looks at him, instantly looks away. Seokjin and Jungkook turn to each other.

"You saw that as well, right?" He asks and Seokjin nods dumbly.

They both stare at the guy with the sunglasses for a few minutes.

"Should we confront him?" Asks Seokjin out of the blue.

"C-confront him? Why would we do that?!"

"Because either he has a problem with you or he's a stalker. Come on Jungkook, be a man!"

But Jungkook doesn't want to 'be a man', he'd much rather the safety of working behind the counter, but Seokjin is pushing him over before he can even dispute him.

He pathetically looks between the table the sunglasses guy is sitting at and Seokjin. Seokjin shoos at him. "You have muscles! Use them."

Seokjin does this weird flex thing with his arms and Jungkook would laugh if he wasn't so damn nervous. He tries his best to look intimidating but he just ends up looking constipated. Scrapping the whole idea, he takes a nervous gulp and walks up the stranger.

The stranger is pretending to be interested in the menu but he's been reading the same item ever since he was caught staring, Jungkook may be shy but he's certainly not dumb.

"Ahem."

Acting like a deer caught in headlights, the stranger turns to look at Jungkook very slowly. It's kind of unnerving. "Yes?"

"Is there something the matter?"

"Why would you think that?"

I don't know? Maybe because you've been staring holes in my head for the last 10 minutes?

"I seen you staring at me and I was wondering if I did something wrong."

"You did, as a matter of fact."

Huh? Did he just hear him right? Although he can't see the guys eyes or hair he's almost certain he doesn't recognize him. Did he maybe mess up this guys order one time? Or put too much sugar in this drink?

"If I messed up our order I'd be happy to make you a new-"

"This isn't about messing up my order, it's about messing up my best friend."

Okay now Jungkook is definitely confused. He must look lost because the guy pulls off his glasses and glares at Jungkook.

"Don't act stupid! Taehyung. Kim Taehyung, the one whose heart you broke, weed."

Jungkook is pretty sure he can understand what the guy is saying, he does speak Korean after all, but he just doesn't understand what he means. He broke Taehyung's heart? How the did this happen? And how does Jungkook not know about it?

Thankfully Seokjin, who had listening all along, comes to Jungkooks rescue.

"Excuse me, but my friend Jungkook here didn't break anyone's heart. Your for brains friend broke his heart." Sasses Seokjin.

The guy stares at Seokjin incredulously, his teeth gritted and nostrils flared. The atmosphere has shifted from that of calm and peaceful cafe, to a angry and tense boxing match and Jungkook can only watch helplessly as a fight ensues.

"Oh really? Then why has Taehyung- that's his ing name, - been moping around all depressed because he was rejected by your boyfriend over here."

"I can call him whatever I damn well please! That for brains has no right to feel rejected when he's the one who's been avoiding Jungkook all week! Jungkook's has been worried sick about him and blaming himself and you think your friend has it bad! Don't make me laugh."

"Why is he ing worried? Taehyung thinks he's done something wrong to this wipe but he looks fine to me."

"He what?" Finally Jungkook cuts in. It's hard to talk when you're surrounded by two very loud people but the guy hears him and shoots him a dirty look.

"He thinks he's done something wrong. He keeps talking about how he made you feel uncomfortable and how you jumped away from him but all he was doing was helping your clumsy after you dropped the coins, you should be thanking him." Sneers the guy.

"Jungkook doesn't have to say -"

"He thinks I felt uncomfortable?" Says Jungkook. His throat suddenly feels so dry, like he hasn't spoken in years.

"Yeah I already said that, can you hear properly?"

"I swear to god, I'll kick your -" Seokjin grabs onto the strangers t-shirt and the latter kicks him in the shin. But Jungkook barely registers any of that.

He thinks back to that day in the cafe, recalls everything that happened until BAM! The realization hits him like a truck. Taehyung must have thought that he jumped away from him when their hands touched because he felt uncomfortable and therefore probably thinks Jungkook doesn't like him. If only he knew that was the exact opposite of what he felt. Of course Taehyung would be avoiding him if he thought Jungkook didn't like him. It all makes sense now. While Jimin and Seokjin continues to cuss each other out and make a grab for each others throats, Jungkook needs to clear this misunderstanding between him and Taehyung.

He runs back into the employee dressing room and grabs his phone from out of his bag. He goes into Instagram and thanks God that Taehyung had sent him a friend request months ago and Jungkook had somehow found the courage to accept it. He searches up Taehyung's name and messages him.


  Jeon_JK

Hey, can we talk?

He doesn't even hesitate to send it, it's better to do it now while he has the courage than wait and let his insecurities stop him. He clutches the phone to his chest and waits for a reply. Just as he's about to give up, his phone pings and he's unlocking his phone in record time.


  KimTheTae

Yeah sure. When?

His fingers are typing and it seems like his body is giving the response before his brain can even keep up.


  Jeon_JK

I finish at 9. Is that okay?

KimTheTae I'll see you then

Jungkook can feel the butterflies in his stomach eat him alive but he's also smiling like a lunatic. It's a very weird combination but he likes it. Smiling to himself he walks out to the counter when he notices Seokjin and the guy being restrained by some of the customers. , he completely forgot.

"Come here you midget! You'll be our new mop by the time I'm done with you!"

"No need! Because I'm going to wipe the floor with your !"

_

_

_

It takes three people and two cups of herbal tea to calm Seokjin down after the fight. But at least Jungkook gets to explain the situation to him now that there's no threat of him trying to kill someone. Seokjin listens carefully and when Jungkook's done he sets his cup down and looks at him.

"So you're telling me I nearly killed a guy just because you and your little boyfriend had a misunderstanding?"

"H-he's not my boyfriend." Jungkook flushes bright pink just from the thought.

"Well, whatever he is I'm still gonna call him for brains, especially since he has a gremlin for a best friend." Jungkook laughs and Seokjin smiles at him fondly. He ruffles Jungkook's hair before getting off his chair and and heading towards the employee changing rooms.

"You can lock up as punishment."

"Um hyung?" Seokjin stops at the door and turns back to Jungkook.

"Yeah?"

"I um- I just want to say thank you for always being there for me. It means a lot to me." Seokjin chuckles to himself before giving Jungkook a warm smile.

"Anytime."

And then he's gone through the door and Jungkook's left alone to close up. He glances up at the clock, it reads 8:40. Only twenty minutes before Taehyung shows up. He hops off his chair and puts away the last bits for the day before grabbing his coat and bag and locking up the store.

It's not dark by 9 but the spring air brings a chill to Jungkooks legs as he waits patiently for Taehyung to arrive. He walks around in little circles, too anxious to just stand still. He's not even sure what to say to him once he shows up. Will a simple Hi do? Or does he just jump straight into his apology? But all thoughts fly out the window when he notices Taehyung beside him.

"Hey." Jungkook never realized how much he could miss hearing someone's voice until now. He stops doing his little circles and looks at Taehyung and this time he does it properly. From the boots on his feet all the way up to his hair poking out from under his hoodie, he missed it all. Like some miracle he doesn't feel the need avert his eyes anymore even though he's sure he's blushing. Let him see it, Jungkook couldn't care anymore. It feels new and different meeting Taehyung like this, to finally see him in front of him and not from behind a counter. It's like a breath of fresh air.

"Hi."

"You wanted to talk?"

"Yeah but first let's go on a walk."

And that's how they find themselves walking down the streets of Seoul, the distance between their shoulders slowly decreasing the further they walk. They don't talk, just bask in the company of each other and it's nice. It proves that you don't have to talk to someone all the time, sometimes just being with them is enough. By the time they reach the park Taehyung is the first to speak.

"I'm sorry." His hands are in his pockets and he's looking down at his feet.

"Sorry for what?" Questions Jungkook.

Taehyung sighs and shuffles nervously, it's the first time he's ever seen the brunette like this.

"For making you uncomfortable. I shouldn't have invaded your personal space like that, it was really inconsiderate of me. I kept thinking about how I should go back and apologize but the more I kept thinking about it, the more I was angry with myself for doing it and I just...I just thought that you probably hated me now and I couldn't bare to see that so I avoided you. I'm so sorry, I'm such an ."

He sounds so sad and frustrated with himself that it upsets Jungkook to think he's been worried about it the whole week. He shakes his head.

"No don't apologize, you did nothing wrong."

Taehyung looks him, eyebrows furrowed with confusion, "What are you talking about? Of course I did-"

"No you didn't. Actually everything you said right now couldn't have been further from the truth. Listen Taehyung, I didn't jump away from you because I felt uncomfortable, I did it because...because I felt embarrassed."

"Embarrassed? Why would you feel embarrassed? We all drop stuff now and again, it's nothing to worry about-"

"I wasn't embarrassed because I dropped the coins, I felt embarrassed because you were so near and I-" Jungkook stops walking, he can feel the butterflies in his stomach almost eat him alive and he's so nervous that he could die right now, but he needs Taehyung to know, he can't hide it anymore.

Taehyung stops walking and turns to look at Jungkook, he's giving him the same look he gave when they were on the floor, the intense gaze that has Jungkook's heart beating a mile a minute.

"Tell me Jungkook." It's a deep whisper. Taehyung starts taking slow and measured steps towards him.

"The reason I was embarrassed is because I like you, I've liked you ever since you walked through the door of the cafe four months ago. I-"

The feeling of Taehyung's lips on his is easily the most euphoric feeling he's ever felt in all his 20 years of life. They're warm and soft and plush and everything Jungkook's ever imagined them to be. Taehyung's hand holds his waist while the other cups his cheek softly and Jungkook's hands slip onto the nape of Taehyung's neck. Jungkook's not an expert in kissing but he knows it's not supposed to feel this good.

"Tae..." Jungkook can't help but let the brunette's name slips from his mouth as Taehyung's tongue glides into his mouth. Taehyung hums appreciatively.

"Say my name again, kook."

"Tae."

Taehyung tastes like orange and mint, Jungkook swears he would kiss Taehyung all day if he let him. Their lips fit together like they were made for each other and they move in a pace that is both slow and passionate, as if to say they have all the time in the world for hot and messy kisses, but for now I just want to feel your lips on mine. Can feelings be conveyed in a kiss? Jungkook likes to think so.

It's several minutes later when they pull apart. They're both breathless, their foreheads resting against each other as they stare into each other's eyes. That is, until Jungkook gets too embarrassed and opts to hide in Taehyung's shoulder instead. The brunette just laughs.

"Kook?"

"Yeah?" Mumbles Jungkook.

"You know the way you said that you've liked me ever since the first time I came in?"

"mhmm-hmm."

"The coffee wasn't the only thing I liked about the cafe."

Jungkook's poor heart, it feels like it's about to explode. They stay there in the park, Taehyung with his arms wrapped around Jungkook, as they enjoy the warmth they receive from each other. When the sun finally sets, Taehyung brings Jungkook home.

"Stay?" Asks Jungkook, his eyes staring hopefully at Taehyung who is standing outside his door. Taehyung looks left and right before looking at Jungkook with his big, brown eyes and faking a shocked expression.

"Excuse me, who are you? And what have you done to Jungkook?"

"Okay fine." Huffs Jungkook, pretending to close the door on Taehyung but the latter stops it in time with his foot.

Jungkook opens the door again. "Hello?"

"Kook I love you."

Taehyung takes advantage of Jungkook's blushing onset and jumps him whilst also closing the door in the process. Needless to say, Jungkook's neighbors won't be able to look him in the eye for a while.

_

_

_

It's a week later when Jungkook breaks the news to Seokjin. Seokjin's halfway through taking an order when he just can't hold it in any longer.

"Me and Taehyung are dating."

The silence that ensues is deadly and Jungkook is almost afraid of what he'll see when he turns around, but then he hears Seokjin's familiar scream and he's being engulfed into a bone crushing hug. Seokjin actually manages to lift Jungkook off the floor.

"Are you serious right now? You have a boyfriend? The Jungkook who could barely introduce himself four months ago now has a boyfriend! Hey- customer, my good friend Jungkook finally has himself a boyfriend, can you believe it?" Seokjin all but shouts this out so the whole cafe can hear them and is watching. He has Jungkook wrapped under his shoulder and he can feel his skin burn from embarrassment.

"Hyung please stop-"

"When he first came here he was so shy! Honestly I thought "God here comes another hopeless employee that'll be a pain in my " and while that was true at the start, he's really grown and now he's gotten himself a boyfriend. I'm so proud of you Jungoo!" He ruffles Jungkook's hair while Jungkook mouths 'I'm sorry' to the poor customer who looks traumatized.

Seokjin doesn't shut up about it for the rest of the day, telling everyone about Jungkook and his boyfriend. Pretty soon the whole of Seoul will know that he has a boyfriend.

Then, like the hundreds of times before, Taehyung walks in for his daily coffee before his afternoon classes. And suddenly they're no longer Taehyung the customer with a coffee obsession and Jungkook the awkwardly, shy barista, but Jungkook and Taehyung, two people who are foolishly in love. He can't help the way his breath catches just by looking at Taehyung, but now he can do it and not feel guilty about it. Taehyung is all his to look at, and he'll gladly do it.

"Hi." Beams Taehyung as he reaches the counter.

"Hey." The happiness radiates off them like steam.

"Gag." Come a voice from behind Taehyung.

It's only then that he notices the figure beside Taehyung. He realizes it's the guy from the other day and his face changes from surprise into fear. He quickly checks to see if Seokjin is around. All clear.

"Jimin! Sorry Kook, ignore him." Jungkook just laughs and scratches the back of his head.

"It's fine. So what can I get you?" "I'll have-"

"What the is he doing here."

Jungkook whips around to find Seokjin standing at the door to the kitchen, looking like a raging bull. Suddenly he breaks into a cold sweat as he watches Seokjin and Jimin glare at each other. It's like being in the middle of a Mexican standoff and poor Taehyung has no idea what's going on.

"You two know each other?" Taehyung questions, looking between the two like one of those hula dancers you put in your car.

"If you call trying to kill each other as knowing each other, then yes, we do." Says Seokjin, his eyes never leaving Jimin, who stands just as tense as Seokjin does.

"Am I missing something?" Mouths Taehyung to him but he just sighs.

"A lot happened during that week." He explains.

"Yeah your little gremlin of a friend came in here and started accusing Jungkook of breaking your heart." Seokjin acknowledges Jimin with a nods of his head. Jimin's nostrils flare.

"The did you just call me, you -"

"Jimin, did you actually do that?" Jimin immediately stops talking when Taehyung turns to him. Taehyung looks both shocked and angry.

"I was sick and tired of watching you moping around looking depressed. It's my duty as your best friend to find the responsible for making you feel like and kick their -"

"Your the size of a toothpick, there wouldn't be much kicking."

"Yeah well at least my isn't the size of one."

"Why you little-" Seokjin goes to jump over the counter but Jungkook reacts quickly and restrains him.

Jimin sniggers at the elder until Taehyung slaps the back of his head.

"Ow what the fu-"

"Jimin, jesus. I mean- thank you for sticking up for me, I appreciate it but apologize to Jungkook and Seokjin for coming in here and accusing them of things and starting a fight."

"He started the fight-" Whines Jimin, pointing at Seokjin who looks ready to make a second attempt at jumping over the counter and killing him.

"Jimin." Taehyung warns. It's almost like Taehyung is telling off a child and not his best friend.

"Yeah, ok, fine! I'm sorry." Mumbles Jimin.

Jimin looks at Jungkook mostly and then at Seokjin for two seconds while saying it. But Taehyung seems satisfied so it's good enough.

Jungkook looks at Seokjin who's smug about Jimin having to apologize. He catches Jungkook motioning towards Jimin and he points at himself, as if to ask "Me? Apologize to him?" but when Jungkook raises a brow at him, he huffs and crosses his arms.

"Yeah I'm sorry too."

Taehyung and Jungkook look at both their friends before back at each other and laugh. Jungkook takes hold of Taehyung's hand and smiles.

"But I think I really should be thanking Jimin, if it wasn't for him I would have never known how you felt and we probably wouldn't be together like this right now." Whispers Jungkook as he rubs the soft skin of Taehyung's hands, hands he was scared to touch less than a month ago. It's crazy how your life can change so quickly within such a short period of time.

"Mhmm probably," Taehyung tilts his head in agreement. "But if Jimin knew he'd never shut up about it. His ego's already big enough, he doesn't need another boost. Let's keep it a secret for now."

"Our first secret huh." Jokes Jungkook. Taehyung smiles cheekily at Jungkook before kissing his hand.

"The first of many."

Jungkook goes as red as a cherry.

"Jesus get a room-"

"No PDA allowed, get out!"

Maybe life isn't that bad for shy people after all.