Kiss and Make up

Rumor has it.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The clock strikes three times when she heard the doorbell rang. And as she opened the door, she was shocked to see the person standing in front of her was not someone she expected at all. She let the older girl in.

She excused herself to get a drink for the guest but before she could do it, the girl shot her an unexpected question which is "Why you didn't invite us to your wedding day?"

Before she could answer, the former leader shot her again, "We once had a life together, we grew up together, don't you think its too much if you forget it all?"

"How can I forget what you did to me? I remember everything. everything.
You brought back the happiness that I used to feel.
You gave me another hope after all those years that I was in pain.
but you snatched them away just when I thought that I was loved again."

"I'm still living in those days, Taeyeon. You had no idea how much I hate myself for being fooled effortlessly, for being treated even worse than a stray dog."
 
Jessica reminiscing the moments before she got kicked out. How Taeyeon suddenly started talking to her, although she only passed a drinking bottle and said, "Drink some." after practicing, it was enough to make her heart flutters so much. She kept on repeating to herself that Taeyeon just spoke to her and it was not a dream. She couldn't even stop smiling the rest of the day.

And since that day, Taeyeon started to talk more to her, although sometimes she sounded awkward but she never blamed Taeyeon for being so stiff. In fact, she appreciated her efforts. Since Taeyeon got a heart to take care of, and people might misunderstood, like everyone know Taeyeon is in a relationship with Tiffany and they also know the way she loved Taeyeon. 

She won't ever forget her 26th birthday when the girls surprised her with a birthday cake. She even got more surprised when it was Taeyeon who prepared the cake for her. No one noticed but she held her tears during the cake blowing session when Taeyeon suddenly tried to blow the candle using her nose and then everyone joined and they all laughed. They even captured the moment beautifully. She have never been that happy for too long and she could say that day was the most precious day ever. She was so grateful to the leader for choosing to end the cold season between them and return back the warmness of summer that she has missed. She realized they were only meant to be friends and accepted it. Although it was never gonna be easy for her, she chose to be only watch her from the distance, happily in love with her own best friend.

Things has gotten better ever since, but little did she know that was actually the beginning to a greater suffer. The moment they announced she was no longer a member of Girls' Generation, thats when she realized everything was an act. The sudden get-along was just a lie to cover the truth that she was going to be dismissed. God knows how much her heart broke into million tiny pieces. She swore she hated Taeyeon, for being such a great actress and fooled her to hell. She deadly believed they were restarting, rebuilding the friendship they once had but.. Who would ever expect that Taeyeon would really fooled her just to make sure she won't catch the game they played for her? She should've known earlier that trusting Taeyeon was such a mistake. 

"but I don't blame you. because it was all my fault since the very first. I guess you're happy now, right? you got me, tripping with scars all over. Congratulations, you made it. because I...really am nothing but a loser now."
Jessica smiled to avoid her tears from falling. No she can't cry. She wanted to be seen as a strong person, at least in front of Taeyeon.

Taeyeon felt her heart crushes as she listened attentively to every words coming out from Jessica's lips. She could feel how painful it must've been for Jessica, from the way she controlled her voice, from shaky to stern and heartless. And she caused all of that. After a long silence, Jessica started talking again.

"I am walking my path without you or any of the members and as you can see, I am happy now. but I never forget the happiness that we used to share. you are still one of the best thing that ever happened to me. I believe you have found your happiness too. please, be happy forever. she is such a perfect person and she deserves your love. I know you wouldnt hurt her..."
'like what you did to me..' unfortunately she didnt voice it out.

"but I was happier with you." Taeyeon cutted her.

"I was happier with you. you might think that I am but Im not. I never felt happy since you left, Sica." Jessica hates to listen to Taeyeon's confession. she hates that her heart still reacting the same way she used to feel for Taeyeon. she doesnt want to believe her anymore. the pain from the past four years still haunt her and she dont want any new scar from Taeyeon.

"stop Taeyeon, please. just, stop right there." Jessica begged Taeyeon to stop talking. she walked backwards as Taeyeon tried to come close. Another step closer, she knows she could fall into a deep hole, who knows another trap that Taeyeon set up for her.

Taeyeon watch over the latter broken hearted. it felt like theres a huge sinkhole between them. and that Jessica was afraid of her painfully breaks her apart. but she can't surrender now. it's now or never. she doesn't want to see her sooyeon to be with someone else but her. she wanted to be the one Jessica linked her arm to on her wedding day. she wanted to be the one Jessica snuggled into at night when she's having nightmare. She wanted to be the one Jessica called home when she wraps her arms around her waist whenever she returns home. And she wanted to be the only one Jessica loved, in the past, present and even in the future.

"Sooyeon..." Taeyeon called Jessica with her real name. "I know you hated me for hurting you. I am sorry. I am really sorry. I just wanted you to know I never felt happy since you left me." 

"it's true that we only started to realize how much we love someone once we lose them. I'm that person, Sica. The moment you left us, I felt like something, somewhere inside my heart, a spot where you used to be, was empty." Taeyeon pointed at her heart. 

"I felt so restless. Hopeless, you could say. The emptiness hits me hard, I just wanted to be alone. I used to hate darkness but now it became my best friend. it's because when I'm alone in the darkness, I could think of you. I could imagine you were right beside me telling me it's okay and told me you've forgiven me. The others worried about me, they thought of wanted to reach you and bring you to me but I didn't let them. I don't have the courage to meet you. I've hurt you so bad it's impossible for you to forgive me that easily. But today I've come to realize I had to tell you this before it's too late. I love you, Sica. I have always love you since we were 17. I fell in love with the way you cared for me. The way you made my heart rate goes high when you stand close to me. The way you treated me, I knew it was different from the rest, but I'm too slow to catch on. You're way too secretive, and I'm way too blind. It has always been you since the beginning. We were not suposed to be just friends and it's our destiny."

Taeyeon paused, observing the latters expression. Shock written on her face, it's obvious by the way her eyes widened in disbelief. She took a moment before stepping forward the latter and intertwining their hands. Jessica couldn't do anything, her mind was telling her to break the holds, push Taeyeon far but she froze in her spot. Her eyes met Taeyeon's and she saw the sparks in her eyes and tears threatened to fall at anytime soon.

Taeyeon speaks again. "I wasted half of my life not being with you and I can't bear living the rest of my life without you. Sica, I know it's a little too late but I don't want you to marry him. I don't want you to marry any other man. Please be my one and only, I promise to take a really good care of you, I will love you unconditionally, I'll put you first in everything I do, I won't hurt you and I'll make you the happiest person you'll ever be. I'll do everything you wanted me to. Please, just marry me instead." Taeyeon begged Jessica in her husky tone, causing Jessica to almost flop herself on the floor, luckily Taeyeon still holding her hands. Taeyeon grabbed Jessica's waist, helping the girl to regain her steady.

Their eyes met again and they now realized how close they are to each other. Taeyeon was always hard to read but right now, Jessica could see the honesty and determination in those eyes. Taeyeon rests her forehead on Jessica's and close her eyes. Trying to breathe slowly. She had no idea confessing would make her heart beats this fast. Jessica could feel Taeyeon's unsteady breathing against her. Silence engulfed them for a moment.

"Just now..did you just propose to me?" Jessica finally asked.

Taeyeon stutters. "It..it was supposed to be a confession. But I'm so so bad at putting the right words to say and I made it sounded like proposal instead. It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter