Start.

Crush

Ryujin was just casually strolling in the hallways of their school when she spotted her sister and her girlfriend casually being lovey-dovey around each other, so she decided to go to them and said.

“Minjoo, are you about being back hugged by your girlfriend? She didn’t take a bath this morning. You know?” She told Minjoo which made Yujin whine.

“Ey unnie! Stop spreading lies!” Yujin said which was just shrugged by Ryujin.

This scene made Minjoo laugh which made Yujin pout and she suddenly thought of something as a revenge.

“Oh! Chaeryeong unnie!” This made Ryuin hide behind the back of her little sister. She then heard laughter which made her realize that her sister clowned her again.

“Oh shut up! Minjoo please shut her up!” Ryujin whined.

“In what way unnie?” Minjoo smirked.

“Ohh, shut. You’re supposed to be the normal one between you two!” Ryujin said still embarrassed of her previous action, her sister still laughing.

“Ooooookayyy. That was hilarious unnie!” Yujin said while composing herself. Ryujin just glared at her.

“How come when her name’s being brought up, you chicken out unnie? Eyy, isn’t it time you make a move? Hello! You’re Shin Ryujin, the basketball superstar. Use your charm unnie!” Yujin encouraging her sister.

“You say it like it’s easy!” Ryujin told her sister. “Let me remind you, You were also secretly liking Minjoo back then!”

“Invalid! I took courage and asked her out already and I, Shin Yujin, already got the girl of my dreams!” As soon as Ryujin heard this she said “Eww, what a cheese!” but this made Minjoo smile. “Stop smiling Minjoo!” The sound of the bell was then heard which means that they have 5 minutes left for their breaktime.

They then bid goodbye to each other but as soon as she turned her back, Yujin shouted something that made her completely red. “Goodluck with the LOVE OF YOUR LIFE unnie!” this made the students around them look at her

“YAH! SHIN YUJINN!!!” She shouted back.

After the embarrassing moment she experienced because of her beloved little sister, She then proceeded going somewhere since they were informed earlier that their teacher wasn’t present and then she bumped into someone.

“Oh , I’m sorry!” She said to the person she just bumped into cause her head was lowered.

“Oh, I may assume your little sister did something that embarrassed you again” said the girl. The girl’s voice was somewhat familiar to her which made her look up and It made her eyes widen.

“Hello superstar!” Yes, It was the her crush. Lee Chaeryeong. This is the first time they have talked and it made her speechless. *Beautiful* she thought.

But it made her curious how she assumed that her sister did something to her. “Eh? How’d you know Yujin did something?”

Chaeryeong chuckled “Hmm. You know, you actually lower your head everytime you’re sister cause you trouble”

“Ah. Well, she really isn’t the most well-behaved little sister there is. Geez, She always does things that I least expe—Oh. Sorry, I was complaining!” Well, her crush would be the one she expects the least that would like to listen about it.

Chaeryeong smiled which made her heart flutter. “It’s okay superstar. I can sympathize. Chaeyeon unnie isn’t subtle when it comes to teasing”

“Oh yeah” She replied back. Chaeryeong then heard her phone ring. She got a text from her sister.

She showed it to her and said “I gotta go, dearest sister needs a hand about the Student Council”

“Oh yeah yeah” She replied and then something run though her mind.

“Hmm. You know, you actually lower your head everytime you’re sister cause you trouble”

As Chaeryeong was leaving, Ryujin stopped her. “Wait!” Chaeryeong looked back.

“What do you mean, I lower my head everytime my sister cause me trouble? How’d you know?”

Chaeryeong smiled and told her “Hmm. I just know, Superstar” Chaeryeong then proceeded to the office leaving a confused Ryujin.

AT Shin’s Residence.

“YUJIN! COME OUT!” Ryujin shouted as soon as she stepped foot inside of their house.

Yujin wasn’t actually afraid so she did come out. “Unnie, you know I love you right?”

“Ohoho, That wouldn’t work you little dog!” Ryujin then tackled Yujin who was then laughing as she remembered what she did.

“Ey, Unnie. Let me go, what I did was something good yeah? It did you something good” Yujin told her sister.

“Huh? What are you talking about?” Ryujin then let her little sister go.

Hello superstar?” “Does it ring a bell unnie?” It really does ring a bell for Ryujin.

“H-H-How?” Ryujin then looked at her phone and looked at her call log. There she saw that Yujin called her. Hahaha, she set her phone to automatically accept calls.

“Ohhh, Unnieee! Even FATE felt that you’re so slow, It decided to help you”

Ryujin just sighed and said “How do I even keep up with you”

Yujin just laughed and told her “It’s because I love you unnie!” She then hugged her sister.

“Yeah yeah” She acted like she wasn’t feeling it but she actually do.

“Anyway unnie, You actually allowed her to call you superstar? You don’t like that right?” Ryujin doesn’t like it since she thinks people only call her that to flutter her. People who want something from her, is what she initially told her sister but…

“Well, It’s not that I don’t like it. I just don’t want it coming from a random person. I want it to come from her. She’s the only one I’ll allow to call me that.”

“Eh? What do you mean unnie?”

Ryujin smiled and said “It’s her nickname of me”

It made Yujin confused and asked “Huh? Isn’t the one earlier the first time you talked with each other?”

“Well, I kind of heard it at the basketball match we first had before? The one we won?”

“Oh yeah, I remember. Isn’t that also the time you had a crush on her?”

FLASHBACK.

“Superstar” Ryujin heard the word she hates and kind of looked at the person who said it and there she saw a girl being teased by another girl *Huh? Oh wait isn’t that Chaeyeon unnie* she thought. *I wonder who’s the girl she’s with*

Ohh. You already even have a nickname for Ryujin. How cute!” She heard Chaeyeon saying this. *Eh, Ryujin? Me?*

She didn’t knew she was staring when suddenly Yujin showed up and told her, “Oohh, you’re staring at…….” She followed Ryujin light of sight and she grinned. “Chaeryeong unnie huh”

“Wait, How’d you know her?”

“Ohoho, someone’s interested”

“Well? Now tell my why you know her?” Ryujin didn’t even try to deny it which made Yujin a bit giddy.

“Not even denying huh. Cool” Yujin was about to pull her near them when Ryujin said “Uh,uh, No embarrassing s today!”

“Ey, you’re no fun unnie!”

“Why can’t you be just normal for once and tell me what I’m asking about!”

“Okay okay! Anyway, are you living under a rock? You really don’t know her?”

“Yeah! Now. Tell. Me!”

“Pfft. She makes you this aggressive. Chaeryeong unnie has my vote!”
“Unnie, Lee Chaeryeong. Hello! Chaeyeon unnie’s little sister, the Vice President of the Student Council!”
“HOW COME YOU DON’T KNOW HER!” She shouted which caught attention from people around them and as usual Ryujin lowered her head, covered it and went away from her little sister.

END OF FLASHBACK

“So there, I decided no one calls me that but her” She told her sister.

“Oh, so Ryeong unnie is your fan. Cute. Can’t you just man up and ask her out unnie? Looks like you have the chance. Yeah?”

“What do you I am? Someone with balls?”

“Oh, self-insult! Great!” and then there the sisters bickered.

 

At Lee’s Residence

“I’m sorry for interrupting earlier lil sis”

“Pfft. It’s okay unnie, I didn’t intend to talk to her for long anyway. I just……” Chaeryeong paused a bit finding the right words. “…..introduced myself?”

“Ohhh. Going bold huh?” Chaeyeon teased but Chaeryeong just shrugged.

“Well? How was it?”

“Well, She was cute hiding her embarrassed face, might thank Yujin for doing something embarrassing” Chaeryeong grinned.

Chaeyeon then scrunched her face for hearing what her sister said. Their mother then showed up and said.

“How’s it going with Superstar honey?” Chaeyeon then laughed at what her mother said.

“Uh? Mom!” Chaeryeong whined.

Yep, Everyone in their family knew she likes Shin Ryujin a.k.a her Superstar. Well, it happened when her sister and her girlfriend invited her to watch the basketball tournament in their school. She wasn’t exactly fond of the sport but her sister just pulled her to watch which she didn’t have the choice but to just go.

FLASHBACK.

“Ryeong-ah, Let’s go watch the basketball tournament. It’ll be fun” Chaeyeon saying pulling her to the basketball gym. She really didn’t want to go and she asked Sakura for help but Sakura just shrugged. Well, Sakura doesn’t really have the power to help.

“Sakura-unnie? I know you love my unnie but please help me this one”

“As much as I want to help you Ryeong-ah. I don’t have the power, What the princess wants, I’ll give it and what she wants right now is you to watch the tournament” Sakura chuckled.

So as she had no choice they went and watched the game. She wasn’t actually really watching at first and then something or someone caught her attention.

“Unnie, who is she?” Chaeryeong asked her sister.

“Who?” Chaeryeong then pointed at the raven-haired girl who just scored a basket.

“Oooooh” Sakura smirked. “Baby, don’t tell her who it is” Sakura teased at first. They were both laughing but stopped when they felt Chaeryeong was serious. Chaeyeon then smiled and gave her sister what she wants.

“Shin Ryujin, The captain of the basketball team lil sis”

“You like her?” Sakura asked but she didn’t hear an answer since Chaeryeong was already focused on looking at the said girl.

*Shin Ryujin, huh* She taught.

Chaeyeon then cleared which brought Chaeryeong back to reality. She then looked at her sister who has this -eating grin plastered on her face.

“Unnie!”

“What? I wasn’t even doing anything!” She said innocently.

Chaeryeong just rolled her eyes. “Tss. Whatever unnie!”

Chaeryeong didn’t knew she would be this invested on watching a sport she didn’t even thought she would enjoy as much as she would enjoy reading a book newly published by her favorite author. She had this excitement within her as Ryujin shoots a basket and scores. Chaeyeon and Sakura would look at her and from time to time cause of her reactions.

They won, Their school’s basketball team won the game and it made her happy. 

“Superstar” She blurted out and Chaeyeon caught it.

“Ohh. You already even have a nickname for Ryujin. How cute!” Chaeyeon but then she just smiled and went first. Her sister and Sakura behind her.

END OF FLASHBACK

Monday, So Ryujin was there seating somewhere near the window, waiting for their teacher to arrive when someone sat beside her. She looked at the said person and her eyes widened (Well, you already know who it is, Who else flusters her but her crush LOL). Well no one dares to sit beside her, Ryujin’s not exactly the most sociable person out there. Hello? She didn’t event know who Chaeryeong was at first.

“Hello superstar!” Chaeryeong greeted her.

“H-H-Hi?” She wanted to smack for stuttering. Chaeryeong chuckled.

“Nervous? You don’t need to be nervous around me.”

She composed herself and said “Oh yeah of course. Cool, How would I be not nervous when you, my crush is near and talking to me!” She whispered the last sentence

“Hmm?”

“Nah, It’s nothing” She smiled at Chaeryeong.

Their teacher arrived and they both stopped talking.

“So class, We’ll have this activity. It’ll be by partner. I’ll announce the groups!” The class groaned. Well, of course you want to be paired with someone you’re close to right? So, their teacher started on telling who the partners are.

“Last! Shin Ryujin and Lee Chaeryeong!”

“So now, I’ll tell what you need to do. Since the month of Hearts is near” Groans are heard again “And this is a music class, I want you to perform a duet song. It’ll be performed 2 weeks from now!”

Ryujin didn’t know where she got the courage but she looked at Chaeryeong and said.

“So, Hello partner”

Chaeryeong chuckled. “Already warmed up to me? Damn, I want the stuttering and bit red Ryujin!” She joked.

Ryujin laughed. 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

AT Shin’s Residence

Ryujin has this big smile plastered on her face which was seen by Yujin.

“Someone’s in a good mood! Heard you got paired with Chaeryeong unnie!”

Ryujin just shrugged “Yepp!”

“Anyway, We’ll be practicing alternate in each other’s houses! AND Yujin, I’m telling you, Whatever you’re planning on doing, DON’T!”

“What? I wasn’t even thinking about anything, Ah! Thanks for the idea unnie!” Yujin said while leaving her unnie dumbfounded!

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

So okay, Here they are, practicing the song Yujin suggested. She suggested they sing a song Minjoo composed. It’s titled “Really Like You”. At first Ryujin was giving Yujin a glare since she knew what her sister was doing but she let it go when Chaeryeong said she likes the song.

Then here’s Yujin singing a line from the song teasing her sister.

 “I’ve been waiting since a long time ago” Yujin paused and looked at her sister. “Hmm, that fits you well unnie.” Before she can even say anything, her mother came arrived from work and Yujin immediately pulled her and said.

“Mom! Here! Chaeryeong unnie’s here!”

“Oh hi darling, so you’re the Chaeryeong my daughter keeps on taking about!”

“Mom!” Ryujin whined.

“Oops, was that supposed to be a secret? Sorry! Secret’s out dear!” Her mother playfully covered which made Ryujin groan and Yujin laugh so hard.

After rounds of teasing Ryujin. Their mom told Yujin “Yujin, let’s go now. Let them practice. Chaeryeong ah, Have fun practicing with my daughter” She winked at her which made her laugh.

“Damn” said Ryujin. She then heard a chuckle from Chaeryeong.

“So? You talk about me? Huh?” Chaeryeong asked, fishing some answers. After hearing about Ryujin talking about her, She mentally noted to tease the said girl. She obviously liked the new information she got. Well, Hello! Your crush talks about you, What’s better than that?

Ryujin whined. “You’re gonna make fun of me too?”

“No, but you’re cute when you’re flustered!” She said, again flustering the other girl.

Ryujin cleared and said “Can we just practice? Please?” She pleaded.

“You’re no fun superstar! But okay. Let’s practice” She said wearing a teasing smile.

“Thank you partner. God! You’re gonna be the death of me Lee Chaeryeong!She didn’t let Chaeryeong hear that last sentence.

“You’re saying something?”

“Nope!”

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

This time they’re at Chaeryeong’s house. Sakura and Chaeyeon was there, obviously to tease Chaeryeong but Chaeryeong didn’t even care. She goes with the flow, she even flirts with Ryujin which makes the other girl flustered at times.

Ryujin was welcomed by Lee sister’s mother.

“Hello there Superstar!” Ryujin gave a questioning look to Chaeryeong which she replied with a shrug.

“Oh, Ryujin-ah. Welcome to our house!” Chaeyeon said.

“Chaeyeon unnie!”

“If you’re wondering why Mom knows you, It’s because Ryeong doesn’t shut up about you LOL” Chaeyeon told her, which made her look at Chaeryeong with a grin.

“She said she’s your number 1 fan” Sakura added.

Ryujin likes this. Chaeryeong then proudly confirmed “Yes, I’m your number 1 one fan superstar. You happy?” She said that wanting to produce a flustered Ryujin which she really got.

“Eh?” Ryujin just blinked. She didn’t expect Chaeryeong to be this bold. She thought she was going to react like how she reacted when her Mom and Yujin . But , maybe she likes this attitude of Chaeryeong, She finds it hot.

“Ryeong-ah tone the flirting down, You broke her!” Her sister told her.

“Okay okay. You two. Leave them alone now. They need to practice!” and then they all left leaving those two alone in the living room.

Chaeryeong left for a bit to get the guitar they’ll use for their practice.

“You know how to play right?” Chaeryeong asked.

“Yep why?”

“I think we’ll produce a better performance if we play it live”

“Oh okay”

“And I think you’re more charming with that guitar with you” Chaeryeong said making Ryujin stop on what she’s doing with the guitar and looked up at a smiling Chaeryeong.

“Can you like remove that smile of yours? It’s dangerous for my heart” She countered.

“Oh God, she flirts!” Chaeryeong teased but Ryujin was just staring at her.

“You’re staring” Chaeryeong told her.

“What If I am?” Ryujin challenged. Moving her face closer.

“Then let’s just keep staring” Chaeryeong accepted the challenge and also moved closer, making their faces only an inch a part.

“Ohhhh” They both separated at the same time when they heard a voice. It was Sakura.

“Baby! I told you to be quiet!” Chaeyeon scolded Sakura.

“I’m sorry baby!”

“I’m sorry Ryeong-ah! Continue what you’re doing!” Chaeyeon then left with Sakura being pulled by the ear.

Both of them looked at each other and laughed.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

So today’s the day of their performance and Ryujin was extremely nervous which was the complete oppsite of Chaeryeong who’s completely relaxed.

Chaeryeong then held Ryujin’s hand and told her “It’s gonna be okay superstar! You’re good!” Chaeryeong was laughing at how nervous her partner is.

“Yeah yeah, I don’t even know why I’m nervous tho” Chaeryeong laugh completely soothed her nerves.

“Ah probably because, you’re performing with a beautiful girl like me” Chaeryeong proudly said which made Ryujin snort.

“Yes, of course. You are!” Ryujin joked like she was being sarcastic so Chaeryeong slightly punched her, then there they bickered.

They both stopped at what they’re doing when there teacher arrived.

“So class! Today’s the day of performance! Did you practice well?”

A series of Yes and NO’s were heard.

“Okay okay, Let’s start!”

Then there, started. The supposed pairs were called one by one and last to perform were them.

“Okay, Let’s hear from the Captain and Student Council’s VP” There teacher said and their classmates started teasing them.

Both of them went in front and wished goodluck with each other.

Ryujin then stated to strum the guitar.

Chaeryeong stared the first verse.

Woo really really like you

I’ve been waiting since a long time ago
With the sound of Spring that comes after the cold Winter
Unknowingly, my heart that has been asleep is now running
I am reminded of that time

 Then followed by Ryujin.

I remember
That day we first met
I think we were very cold
Cuz I’m with you
Passing by the freezing Winter
The sprouts grow

Both were looking into each other’s eyes, feeling the song.

And then they both sang the chorus.

Really like you, please hold my hand tight
Please don’t let go of this hand
So we can dream while holding onto our warm hands
I really like you, I really really like you
Since I’m with you I am able to dream a brightly shining dream again tonight
With you

The performance went on with them singing the song alternately.

You became my outer wear for the cold wind
The countless number of stars we at above
The moment our eyes locked, my courage sparkles
There’s no need for words, we can do everything

The stars in the night become the light
The songs of the small birds starts
Along with the melody, you and I start to dance
Forever with us

The great times, our memories
From one to ten we were in it together, always together

I remember
The day we first met, it must’ve been particularly colder
Cuz I’m with you
Passing by the frozen Winter, the sprouts grow

Really like you, please hold my hand tight
Please don’t let go of this hand
So we can dream while holding onto our warm hands
I really like you, I really really like you
Since I’m with you I am able to dream a brightly shining dream again tomorrow

I think I really like you, I think of us on that day once more
I wish that our dreams that grew since yesterday would reach the sky
You and I, following the shining dream
We walk a step forward, a step forward

Really like you, I’ll hold your hand tight
I’ll not let go of this hand
Hold onto both warm hands and look at the sky
I really like you, I really really like you
If we’re together, we can shine whenever forever
With you.

Really like you~~

Finishing the song with both of them singing the last line while looking at each other.

Then, Ryujin said “I like you, I really do”

Which Chaeryeong replied “I know, Superstar”

Series of applause were heard.

“Seems like romance bloomed” Their teacher said which caused series of teasing.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

After that performance, Ryujin pulled Chaeryeong out and told her they’re going to the Basketball gym.

“Welcome to my safe haven” Ryujin joked.

“Whatever superstar!” Chaeryeong went to get a ball and passed it to Ryujin.

“Let’s make a bet superstar”

“Go on”

“If you score a basket from the half court, I’ll give a reward of your choice”

Ryujin snorted “You just gave me a reward”

“Cocky, aren’t we?”

Ryujin then went to the half court. Looked at Chaeryeong and threw the ball. Without looking back, she went and pulled Chaeryeong, kissed her the same time the ball landed on the basket.

“See? You just gave me a reward!” Ryujin grinned. “But first, let me ask you something”

Chaeryeong nodded. “What is it?”

“Lee Chaeryeong, Will you be my girlfriend?”

Chaeryeong then pulled Ryujin close and said “That’s not even a question, but this is my answer” Chaeryeong went it and kissed Ryujin.

END.