i love you seoul

if love and hate were the same words (i hate you seoul)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

oon se na knew that she would be punching above her weight if she ever continued her relationship with lee hyun wook. he was the ceo of the company she used to work for, that violates about a thousand business ethics. workplace relationships shouldn’t be done, nor should they ever be done between a former trainee and the president himself. apart from that, well, he was so eun’s ex-boyfriend. it adds a lot of weight and guilt on yoon se na’s shoulders.

     so she did what she always do best, she ran. she ran and ran and never returned, only making sure that she kept in touch with joo hong and gong chul. she made them swear into secrecy that they would never tell anyone, most especially hyun wook, that she went away.

     se na really just needed this break from reality. choosing escapism over her own dreams would earn her an earful from so eun – if so eun was still alive – she should be living the life she wanted out there, and not living once more with these part time jobs that would never guarantee her another day. but what would she accomplish if she was plagued by all the memories of her sister and the man she loved? se na didn’t want that. so she escaped.

     it has been two years since she left seoul. she went to seocheon and got a job at a flower shop near her cheap apartment. the people have all warmed up to her at some point and she even got a pet cat just to ease the loneliness in her apartment. this wasn’t like the life she had back in seoul with joo hong, gong chul, shi woo, and hyun wook – but this was better than living with the guilt given to her by her romantic feelings for lee hyun wook.

     within those two years of living without the people she had grown accustomed to, se na found herself enjoying the peace and solitude of her quiet life in seocheon. none of the people there wanted her gone, nor do they want her to pay up a loan, they just let her be – they talk to her when they want to, and she talked to them back – se na wasn’t struggling to fit in seocheon, she just was.

     the quiet life she led allowed her to move on from hyun wook. what used to be the loud beating in her chest was replaced with nothing but fond memories that she knew will never materialise again. what they had was good while it lasted, and she didn’t regret any of it, but the guilt that came after was too much to bear that se na didn’t want to continue it any longer.

     hyun wook is nothing more than just a fond memory to her now.

     if there was anyone she missed, it would be shi woo. the last time she ever talked to him was the day before she left seoul to get the well-deserved break that she needed. she never talked to him after that, nor did she try to reach out, se na was perfectly content with watching his career prosper from afar.

     once, shi woo did a cover of the song he passed up. he mentioned it in an interview that tae woo’s song for the drama was supposed to be the title track for his single, until he decided that he wanted to go with dive’s song. he also mentioned that he regretted passing up yoon se na’s song.

     it made her heart flutter when she’d heard it, but yoon se na is not in that world anymore. she didn’t live in the world of idols, trainees, and handsome-dog-owners for presidents. se na’s life, although a little bit more uncertain, was simpler now. her only worry was going through each day with something to eat, and a roof still above her head.

     letting go of her dream seemed like such an easy task now. especially after all that she went through in seoul. she’s not sure if she would ever want to go through that again.

     plus, delivering flowers and helping with their arrangements was already something she enjoyed doing. se na didn’t want to ask for more. on the down days when she missed so eun, she’d go to the local cafe and play some of her songs for extra cash. she lived, and that’s what’s important to her.

     today was another round of flower deliveries to b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter