Anymore

Anymore (One-shot)
Jennie packs the lunchbox prettily and smiles at her work. She looks her wristwatch and immediately rushes upstairs to get changed. She didn't want to be late to see Lisa at work. Jennie knows how hard working and efficient Lisa is, so she is ready to do what it takes to care for Lisa. As a wife, she is ready to round up and fight anything to make Lisa happy and most importantly, healthy.

The sudden song goes off from her phone, indicating an incoming call. Jennie swiftly puts on her white plain t-shirt and quickly grabs her phone, swiping it to answer,

“Hello?” 

“Miss Kim? I can't find you in the office right now.”

Jennie chuckles at how forgetful her secretary can get at random things but can remember the important stuffs.

“Jisoo-si, I vividly remember telling you to cancel all my meetings today cause I won't be able to come today.”

“Did you? Oh yes, you did.”

“If that answers your question, I'm going to hang up now.” 

“Wait!!...Are you s-sick? I mean, are you sick, Miss Kim?” 

Jennie smiles to herself because at least there's someone who cares about her well being, even if that person isn't the one she wants it to be.

“I'm fine. Don't mess up when I'm not around, tell Miss Park to handle everything thoroughly.” 

With that said, Jennie hangs up the call and moves on to put her tights denim short. Few touches of brush and she hurriedly rushes downstairs, carrying the lunch box she made the whole morning.


(……)


“G-Good morning, Miss Kim. It’s-s good to s-see you here.”

Jennie wonders why her wife’s secretary always shutters when talking to her. Jennie smiles at the blonde and greets her,

“Mornin to you too, Rose.”

“Is Lisa inside her office?” 

Rose quickly nods her head, “Yes, she is.”

“That's good then,” Jennie replies and moves her leg towards her wife’s office. 

She takes a deep breath as she slowly and gently turns the knob.

“Surprise!!!!” 

Lisa jumps in surprise because of the sudden barging in. Her features soften when she sees a petite figure that she loves so much.

“Jennie” 

Jennie flutters when the voice she adores so much calls her name softly.

“I bought lunch for you,” Jennie walks inside, closing the door behind carefully. She strides towards Lisa’s table and puts the lunch box down in front of her wife.

“I made it myself.” Jennie proudly says.

Lisa smiles, “What about work, unnie?”

“I canceled it today…I really missed you.”

Lisa stands up and hugs her wife tightly, “Thank you...so much for this.”

“But I'm afraid, I already ate lunch, my love.” 

“Who did you eat with?”

Lisa quickly stammers, “Wh-What do you mean?”

Jennie smiles as she looks up to her wife and caresses her cheeks, 

“You don't eat alone so I was just asking if you had someone to eat with you.”

Lisa exhales and chuckles thinly, “Oh, yes yes…I had lunch with…my secretary!” 

“That's good then, I don't want you to overwork yourself.”

“Have you eaten though?” 

Jennie pulls away from her wife’s embrace and shakes her head, “No, I didn’t.”

“You should eat this then, so it won't go to waste.”

Jennie laughs, not because it was funny but just laughs it off, “My exact thought, honey.”

Jennie takes the lunch box and puts inside her bag where it was before. She cups her wife’s cheeks and kisses the side of her lip,

“I'll be going now then, I don't want to be a distraction when you work, see you at home.”

Lisa smiles with a nod and watches Jennie turn her back and go away.

Jennie closes the door to her wife’s office and sighs heavily, with her heart heavy like a stone. She walks away and notices Rose eating on her desk.

“Still hungry, Rosie?” Jennie chuckles.

Rose gets startled and looks Jennie and then down to her food. With a pout, she says,

“Sorry, Miss Kim. I haven't eaten my lunch that's why.” 

“You haven't?” Jennie asks.

“No. My boyfriend dropped my lunch late today, he was in the traffic so.” 

Oh.

Jennie nods her head and tries to smile, “Okay then, enjoy your lunch, Rose. I'll head off, take care.”

Jennie quickly walks away with tears b in her eyes already. She stops in front of the trashcan and throws the lunch box immediately.


(….)


From: Lili
I'll be late, don't wait up for me and take care of yourself. I love you.

Jennie twirls her phone alone while looking at the dinner she made for two person. She smiles bitterly as she eats her food alone with tears falling down one by one. She opens her phone and quickly replies to Lisa’s text,

“I love you too.”

She hears her phone vibrate in the cold mirrored table, she instantly opens it but to her dismay, it isn't Lisa.

From: Secretary Jisoo
Miss Kim, happy birthday to you. Sorry for not knowing what today was. I heard it from Miss Park and she fairly warned me not to tell your birthdate to anyone because you don't like it. I would like to know why, but the only accurate theory I could come up was that you hate telling it because others will think you're getting old right? Hahaha funny of me….This is embarrassing, but I just wanted to greet you in your birthday. Hope you enjoyed well, Miss Kim.

Jennie smiles with the genuine text and wonders how cute her secretary can be. If only Lisa was here at the moment to celebrate with her but sadly, her Lisa clearly forgot what day it is today. 

“Lisa is so forgetful.” Jennie sighs as she carries her empty dishes to the sink.

Few hours later, there she is, still waiting up for Lisa even if she didn't want to. She could always wait for Lisa no matter what. Lisa is the center of her heart.

She clearly hears the front door opening and  the loud footsteps coming upstairs. She smiles as she hears their bedroom door opening. There she stood, the love of her life, Lisa, with a sloppy smile and a messy hair. 

“Lis”  Jennie calls out.
“You didn't sleep? I told you to not wait up.” Lisa speaks as she takes of her work clothes and changes into her pajamas.

Jennie chuckles, “I can't sleep when I'm always looking for you.” 

Lisa quickly gets inside their fluffy bed and snuggles closers towards her wife. Jennie smiles as she shifts her hand to Lisa’s hair and gently  it. 

“Did you eat dinner?” Jennie softly asks while eyeing her wife, who had her head resting on her stomach.

“I did.” Lisa answers with a sleepy voice.

Jennie hums as she continues to  her hair and after a while, she hears light snores coming from her wife. She leans down and pecks her forehead. She looks Lisa’s unbothered face, how her eyes are calmly closed and how there's no flaws in it. 

She trails her fingers down to Lisa’s neck and softly smiles,

“Who has gotten you smitten that's not me?”


(……)


Park Joy saw what Jennie has been going through. Joy saw those pretty eyes getting swollen each day. She saw her business partner staying late at work and not wanting to go home yet. But she didn't question it, she didn't want to pry in her life. 

But today she had to ask, because Jennie’s eyes look dead. 

“Hey, partner.” Joy walks inside the huge office of the fashionista Jennie.
“Hey” Jennie replies while mixing her coffee with the spoon.

“You look like .” Joy says the obvious.

“Thanks, I didn't notice it.” Jennie scoffs.

“What's got you rolling like this? You good?” 

Jennie is flattered that her friend slash business partner, Joy, is concerned about her because everyone knows how Joy doesn't look like the one to care much about anything but deeply she does.

“Just…work”

Joy scoffs this time, “Yea, work, we don't even have that much work these days, CEO KIM.”

Jennie finally takes a sip of her coffee and that got Joy questioning,

“When did you start to drink coffee?”

Jennie smiles, “Since I started to love bitter things, I thought to give coffee a go.”

There's a hidden meaning in those words and Joy clearly catches in because yea, she's smart like that. She didn't graduate top of her academic and sarcasm for nothing.

“Okay, listen up, Jennie Kim, who is the bitter thing in your life?” Joy straight up asks the brunette.

“You catch on words fast, Joy.” 

“What troubles you, Jen?”
Jennie keeps mum.

“Okay, fine, don't tell me, but whatever is troubling you, you should talk to Lisa about it since you're comfortable around her the most.”

Jennie cackles and puts her cup down and stares Joy intensely. With a vulnerable voice, she answers,

“How am I supposed to talk to Lisa when she is the bitterest in my life?”


(……)


With Joy’s support and encouragement, Jennie decides to talk face to face with Lisa. She opens the front door of their house and she is overly surprised to see Lisa inside the house. She didn't expect Lisa to be sitting lazily in the sofa while watching the television.

“It's surprising seeing you early than me.” Jennie says.

Lisa looks back and chuckles, “Well, welcome home, Jen.”

“I'm home, Lis” Jennie smiles back sweetly at her wife’s lovable face.

“I made us dinner.” Lisa speaks.

“Don't joke around, you can't even fry an egg.” Jennie replies.

“I really did make dinner, you need to try it.” Lisa stands up and drags Jennie towards the kitchen. It is true, Jennie smiles as she looks at the food that her wife cooked.

“I'm happy…at least it looks edible, Lis.” Jennie jokes. 

“You have to tell me how it tastes!” Lisa enthusiastically says.

“I thought you hated cooking, what made you cook today?” Jennie asks as she takes a bite of the food and it's quite good.

“Somethings have to change, Jen.” Lisa answers. 

She quickly adds, “How does it taste?”

“It's good, not that delicious compared to the restaurants, but it's a great effort.” Jennie replies as she pats her wife’s back gently.

“That's awesome then.” Lisa smiles and there's sparks in them…but Jennie notices how its not directed to her.

After having dinner, both of them head to bed. Lisa’s already asleep while Jennie’s just watching her wife’s face like always. Jennie’s wondering why she loves her too much. 

“I love you, Lisa.” Jennie says as she holds her wife closer.

After a few second, she hears Lisa’s reply, “I love you too, Mina.”

“That's the fifth time you told me.” 

Jennie mutters as she breaks down into tears.


(…..)


“Miss Kim, we can cancel the meeting if you're not feeling well.” Jisoo says as she hates seeing Jennie’s pale face.

“I'm fine, I'll proceed with the meeting.” Jennie replies back sternly. Keeping no eye contact with Jisoo. 

“Miss Kim, you look sick, I suggest that you cancel this meeting.” Usually Jisoo doesn't speak against Jennie but today she intends to because she knows, she has heard Jennie cry from inside her office. 

“Are you disobeying me, Secretary Jisoo?” Jennie coldly says.

Jisoo gulps as she answers with much confidence, “Yes, I am and I intend to, Miss Kim. I will not let you attend any further meetings because you need to take a proper rest.”

“Just continue with the meeting, I'll start in five minutes.”

Jennie is stubborn but well, Jisoo is too,

“Jennie Kim!” 

Jennie looks up finally because of Jisoo’s sudden yell.

“What in the world?” Jennie says.

“Listen up here, Jennie. You can fire me but listen to what I have go say. I've been working with you for 2 darn years and I care for you. Even though I try not to, I always find myself taking care of you. I've seen the changes on you these past weeks. I've heard you cry inside in your office, I've seen your pale face for weeks now and even though I try not to care, I do! I want you to know that I am here! I am here to take care of you and listen to you so don't go hard on yourself.” 

Jennie is speechless. Jisoo huffs in anger and quickly adds,

“I'll inform Miss Park to attend the meeting while you take rest. I'll give my resignation letter when the day ends. If you need anything, I'm right outside so just hit the button.” 


(……)


Jisoo surely is gone. 

Jennie wonders if she should call the girl back. 

“Miss Kim, Miss Lisa has a visitor right now.” Rose says with a nervous smile.

“Oh, okay…I'll wait up for her then.” Jennie answers back but Rose shakes her head and says,

“I think you should barge in, Miss Kim.”

“What?” 

“I can't hide it from you anymore…Miss Lisa, I  think she's having an affair. I didn't want to lie anymore because you need to know the truth, Miss Kim.”

Jennie isn't shocked, she expected it. She smiles, “Call me ‘Jennie’ instead”

“Tell Lisa I was here, tell her I'll be waiting at home…for her.”

Jennie drives away from the building with pain inside her chest. Lisa is the center of her heart and she's destroying it. Is it possible to love someone so much despite the pain? Was falling in love with Lisa right? Did Lisa even love her like she used to say? Did she?

“I thought you'd invite me in the office and not at this…place.” 

Jisoo says as she greets Jennie with a small smile. Out of all people she could call, she called Jisoo under the bridge of Han river.

“It's getting quite lonely in the office without any secretary.” 

Jisoo chuckles, “Is that how you tell me to come back to work?”

“If it convinces you, will you?”

“I can't.”

Jennie stares in confusion, “Why?”

“I mean I would love to, but I'm planning on getting away for awhile. Taking a break from work and life.” Jisoo says.

“Impressive, did something happen or?” 

Jisoo laughs, “Should there be a reason for taking a break? I don't have any reason, I just want to travel a while, for self love and finding my self.”


"I don't know much about you're life, Jennie but I just want to say something to you, if you don't mind." 

Jennie nods her head and tells her to proceed.

"We can't hold onto something alone forever, it is meant to be broken if it's already cracking"

Jennie doesn't understand why Jisoo told her that and why it hit so close to home. 

Jennie doesn't understand anymore.


(……)


“Jen, are you serious?”

“I've signed it, Lisa. You should too.”

Lisa looks her with sadness, “But for what Jennie?” 

“I know you don't love me anymore, Lisa.” Jennie says.

“That's not true, I love you Jen. We can work this out, divorce is not an option.” Lisa says.

“Lisa.. I know you love someone, you don't have to keep up with me anymore.” Jennie finally lets her emotions out.

“Jennie…I-I love you,  you know that.” Lisa moves towards her.

Jennie nods and smiles, “I love you too Lisa, I love you so much, you don't even know how much you mean to me.”

“Then…please please…don't do this. It was just a fling….nothing serious, Jennie.” 

Jennie pulls Lisa to a hug and softly whispers, “ I love you, Lisa but I can't hurt myself, anymore.”

“I can't only be the one holding us together anymore.”


(….)


“What the heck are you doing here?” 

Jennie smiles at Jisoo and replies, “I'm coming with you. We need to plan this thing.”

“Uhm..you're coming with me to where? And what thing?” Jisoo asks her because she didn't expect to see Jennie this early in the morning, knocking her front door.

“We need to plan our getaway from life and work thingy”


“Cause I'm also trying to find my true self.”

 

 

 

{ AU WHERE JENNIE LOVES LISA TOO MUCH THAT SHE DOESN'T MIND IF LISA IS HAVING AN AFFAIR OR ANYTHING. EVEN IF SHE IS GETTING HURT BY THE REASON THAT LISA HAS FORGOTTEN ABOUT THEIR LOVE, SHE TRIES HARD TO MANAGE IT AND LOVE LISA NEVERTHELESS. BUT WITH JISOO TRYING TO GET AWAY FROM LIFE AND WORK, JENNIE REALIZES HOW SHE SHOULD ALSO LET GO OF THEIR BROKEN RELATIONSHIRELATIONSHIP AND GETAWAY FROM HER LIFE, IN SEARCH OF SELF UNDERSTANDING, LOVE AND MORE IMPORTANTLY TO FIND HERR TRUESELF}

[sorry if this is too random, i tried my best >_<]