i am just a fool

Fool
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I suggest that the readers should go and listen to fool by cavetown in order to get the feel of the fanfic. Have a good read!

- - -

I walked up the bus' steps and sat on my usual seat, second to the last near the window. Seems like I'm early today. There isn't a lot of people inside the bus. Well, there's still another 20 minutes 'till we leave so that probably explains it. I put on my earplugs and started to listen to my playlist. As I hummed slowly to the tune, I gazed outside and caught the sight of the girl I was crushing on for months now. Son Chaeyoung. Her name is pretty. And so is she. A petite yet strong girl. So charming and adorable. Ever since I saw her at the first day of uni at the opposite seat of me in this exact bus, and ever since she smiled that toothy smile at me at also this exact bus, I can't seem to get her smile out of my head. And it didn't help either that she would suddenly pop out of nowhere everywhere. 

Right now, it looks like she's talking to a couple of friends. I know most of her friends. Probably because they always cause a ruckus everyday in the halls. 

...and there's a new girl? I haven't seen her before. She and Chaeng looks close. I sighed and told myself that I should really go and find a way to stop these feelings. There is no way in hell that she would reciprocate my feelings and I'm such a fool to even have a little bit of hope that she would even notice me.  

5 minutes before the bus leaves and I see Chaeyoung walk up the bus. She walks along the aisle of the bus and I pretend not to notice. 

She stops just beside the unoccupied seat beside mine and waves a hand in front of me as to get my attention. I looked at her and pulled out one of my earplugs, trying to hide the fact that I'm so close to screaming. This is the closest we've been.

"Excuse me, Mina-unnie. Is this seat taken?" What? How does she know my name? Unnie? I'm older than her? Wait, how does she know I'm older than her? Hundreds of thoughts raced through my head that I forgot to answer the girl before me. "Hello? Mina-unnie?" 

"Ah- Ah... yes. Hello. Uhh... yeah yeah I, I don't have anyone sitting there, I mean, yeah that seat is free, no one owns that-" I stopped myself from embarrassing myself further and felt my cheeks warming up.

"Cute," I heard her mumble. Holy - did she just call me cute? Son Chaeyoung just called me cute. She just called me cute! Alright Mina, here we go, this is your chance to make her notice you. She sat beside me and started to scroll through her phone. I glanced at her hand and saw the name, 'baby baby' on her phone.

Ah right. 

It was foolish of me to think I had a chance. My heart felt a painful pang and I lowered my head. The bus starts to move and instead of trying my luck, I leaned my head on the glass as I listened to a song. 

~I am just a fool to keep on chasing after nothing great~ 

~you are such a fool to keep pretending that you're loving me~

Man... I should really change this song. It makes me wanna cry. It's nearly the end of this semester and I can't believe I hadn't even tried to be her friend. I closed my eyes and started to delve myself in my thoughts, until, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter