1/1

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ma’am, I think you’ve had enough for tonight,” The bartender told Minji for the third time, causing the girl to groan. “I can call you a cab, if you want, but I’m not serving you anymore drinks.”

 

Minji rolled her eyes and stood up from her stool, letting out a loud chuckle when she nearly tripped over her own feet. She mumbled out a small ‘no, thanks’ before barely managing to stumble out of the bar without falling on her . As soon as she walked outside, she sighed, seeing how empty and deserted everything looked. It was 2am and the streets were empty, besides the occasional car and homeless person. It was so empty, it looked like she wouldn’t be able to call a cab even if she wanted to.

 

This is how she spent her nights ever since her and Yoohyeon broke up. She drank and drank until she could barely stay awake, until the bartender sends her away for the night, refusing to sell her anymore drinks. She did whatever she could to forget the taller girl for at least the night. Sometimes it worked, and she’d end up calling her best friend and crashing at her place for the night, too drunk to even understand what’s going on. But on nights like this, it didn’t work and she was left with thoughts of nothing but Yoohyeon. She let out a groan as she stumbled over to the wall, leaning against it. She put her head in her hands, trying to shake the thought of the girl away, but to no avail. She pulled out her phone as she slid down the ground, still leaning against the wall. She frowned as she saw the picture of herself and the younger girl as her lockscreen.

 

She couldn’t stop herself from opening up her contact list and finding the girl’s name, hovering her finger over it. The little part of her that still held onto common sense was screaming at her not to do it. But the insanely drunk side of her was refusing to listen. She sighed and continued to stare at the phone, zoning out slightly. She began weighing the pros and cons.

 

A pro is… she answers and actually talks to me. A con is… she doesn’t answer or she answers and tells me to off.

 

Minji rolled at her eyes at the rational side of her brain and clicked the call button, hesitantly putting the phone against her ear. She nervously rapped against the rough concrete, waiting-hoping- for the younger girl to answer the phone. When the phone continued to ring on, she sighed, inevitably losing hope and pulling the phone away from her ear.

 

She was about to end the call until she heard an incredibly tired voice, “Hello?” As soon as she heard the voice, her heart immediately picked up as she fumbled with the phone, trying her best not to drop it. It had been so long since she has heard Yoohyeon’s voice, she couldn’t help herself from feeling excited. She couldn’t deny that she missed her ex girlfriend. It had been months since they’ve spoken, simply deciding it was best that way; more like Yoohyeon decided it was best this way. “Hello?”the voice sounded much more irritated now causing the drunk girl to mumble out a quiet ‘’ and finally respond. Her drunken mind had nearly forgotten that she had called her altogether.

 

“Uh, h-hi…” Minji fumbled with the edge of her shirt as she waited for a response. After waiting a few seconds, she was starting to think the other girl had hung up the phone until she heard an exhausted sigh come from the other end of the line.

 

“What do you want, Minji? It’s nearly… 3am.” Minji looked down as she tried to conjure up some sort of response.

 

“Um, I-I wanted to t-talk to you,”the older girl slurred out in a nervous tone causing Yoohyeon to let out a sigh once again.

 

“Are you drunk?”Her voice sounded slightly annoyed, but with a hint of something Minji couldn’t quite put her finger on hidden behind it. “Uh-” Before the girl could say anything there was a loud car horn that made her flinch in her spot and shoot her head up. It was just some man honking at a dog that was taking it’s time crossing the street, making her sigh in relief and smile at the sight of the cute dog. “Wait, where are you?”

 

“Uh, I’m at a b-bar… or at l-least, I was. I-I’m just shhi- sitting outside now.”Minji rolled her eyes again, but this time at herself for continuously slurring her words.

 

“What bar?” Whatever tiredness Yoohyeon had been feeling in the beginning of the call seemed to be completely gone. She frowned as she heard movement coming from the other line. “No, Y-yooh I’m-” The girl cut her off with a hardened voice that honestly made Minji nervous, “What bar?” The older girl was shocked by the tone Yoohyeon had spoken to her in. Normally, the girl was always so bubbly and happy, but now she sounded like the complete opposite.

 

“Somnia,”The older girl responded in a small voice.

 

“Alright, I’m coming to get you,”Yoohyeon responded with what sounded like a worried voice now. “Just stay where you are, I’ll be there soon, Minji.” Before the older girl could respond, the line went dead signifying that the girl had hung up the phone. She groaned loudly and roughly sat her phone down next to her on the ground. When she had decided to call the younger girl, this was the last thing she had in mind. She was simply hoping to hear her voice and maybe talk for a bit. But now, the girl was on her way to come and pick her up.

 

She couldn’t help bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter