Birthdays and Hidden Innuendos

how To greet kim heechul without getting killed

It was a well-known fact that Heechul takes good care of his looks.

Of course, branching out from this is the fact that he hates his Birthday with a fiery passion because this only reminds him of how old he's getting. So the rest of his Bandmates for years tried to give him a birthday party and gifts which only led in traumatizing experiences. So learning from then on, no one tried to celebrate the Diva's birthday. All waiting for the day in which Heechul finally agrees on having a birthday party. Until finally, they learned the proper way on how to give him his presents and make him like his birth day.

/////////////////////////////////////// - ////////////////////////////////////////////// - /////////////////////////////////////- ///////////////////////////////////////- ///////////////////////////////////////////- /////////////////////////////////////////////-

Unlike other days, all of super junior had their free days all on the same day- it was a gift from Lee Sooman himself to the worldwide diva. It was subtle, yes, but the thought was still there even if he didn’t greet him in person, because even he himself is wary of an upset Kim Heechul and what he can do when pissed.

 

So in order to celebrate, the members all decided to stay at the 12th-floor dorm room which accounted for much larger space compared to the one below it to fit 15 grown men.

 

Said men were all scattered around the living space, all casually avoiding the taboo that day brings and the very same man of the day himself who was nestled onto the couch watching cat videos on their flat screen TV, he was wrapped around in a pair of muscly tanned arms that can be traced back to his Chinese boyfriend, Hangeng who was periodically his boyfriend’s soft hair earning purrs from the pretty man. 

 

To their right, Donghae and Hyukjae are in an intense match of thumb wrestling, with Shindong being the on to keep score. Kangin, Yesung, Kyuhyun, Zhoumi and Henry surrounding them placing their bets on who would win, Eunhyuk’s skiny but agile thumb or Donghae’s muscly thumb. So far it was only Zhoumi who placed his bet on Eunhyuk but that was only because Eunhyuk reasoned that he had to bet on him because they’re next to each other on the their birth date. (He tried to argue before that Donghae was next to him in the birth date arrangement as well but then Eunhyuk pulled the ‘Hyung’ card) (He got a smack from Kangin for that one but he let it go as well)

 

Meanwhile, Leeteuk, Ryeowook and Sungmin were busying themselves in the kitchen trying to disguise celebration dishes like Seaweed soup and Japchae into something less obvious.They tried to come up with many ideas but all were either to weird, to obvious, or looks disgusting. So far the suggestions were to blend the seaweed soup and Japchae together to form a smoothie and let Heechul drink it, but the flavors would be to obvious and Ryeowook had no intention of ruining his blender. They talked about disguising the broth as tea but that would be to obvious and result in seaweed soup dowsed onto them.

 

Sungmin even suggested to turn the soup Pink but that was turned down immediately with disgusted looks from the other two.

 

Needless to say it was hopeless in the Kitchen and the three ultimately deciding on throwing away the food. 

 

Back in the living room, it was only Siwon who was actually watching the Documentary along with his two Hyungs. He would’ve tried to join in on the betting pool but Donghae had already one 15-2.5, 2.5 being Hyukjae who got a .5 score after actually biting Donghae’s fist out of frustration. They didn’t want to count it as a win first but the unexpected violence shocked and entertained the other 5 too much- especially Kangin and Yesung that they counted it as half a win.

 

And if he was honest with himself, Siwon was actually more fond on just keeping his Hyung happy even if he had to watch a 3 hour long documentary about Cats. Not to mention everything was actually peaceful for once, unlike the other times they tried to spend the Diva’s birthday which only ended in a hurricane of screaming, shrieking, cake throwing, tears, and more yelling from the Diva who yelled at everyone who tried to remind him of his birthday.

 

Many years ago Donghae was too drowsy in the morning that he forgot who exactly he was greeting that he Wished Heechul a Happy Birthday first thing in the morning.

 

In short, the entire dorm was woken up by loud yelling, glass breaking, and Donghae’s wailing from seeing his scary Hyung. Being the only other member to witness the disaster unfold, Shindong quickly forbade the younger members to step into the room wrapping his arms around their body in a group hug.

 

It all got worse as Heechul realized that he was yelling at his Favorite Dongsaeng that he yelled at the next person in sight which happened to be Hyukjae who escaped Shindong’s hold after hearing Donghae cry.

 

Which was more chaotic since Hyukjae started crying and acting up as well which resulted into more noise that everyone felt a headache coming in. Everything was calmed down when Sungmin performed a wushu trick to knock out the rampaging Diva who was caught by Hangeng.

 

Yesung, who tried to calm down the Diva, got hit by a wayward hairbrush during the entire fiasco. To this day he still complain about random pain coming from his where he got hit.

 

It was a memory that will go down their history. Even if 4 of them got hurt, it only served as a reminder to them to never greet Heechul on his birthday.

 

But even so, they couldn’t help themselves to not buy their pretty Hyung a gift especially all of the things he has done for them as a group and as a fellow member. So all of their gifts are piled away in Leeteuk’s room which they plan to give out individually days after Heechul’s birthday.

 

 

Moments later after the documentary ended, the sound of knocking can be heard from the front door followed by their doorbell ringing.

 

 

This attracted the curiosity of everyone save from Siwon and Heechul ignored it in favor of deciding whether to watch the Lion King or Thor, while the other members looked at each other wondering who was missing besides the other three in the kitchen. The more soft hearted ones like Donghae, Eunhyuk and Henry scooted closer to each other, fear present in their eyes.

 

“Hyung…” drawled Donghae as he clutched Kangin’s arm “who’s at the door?”

 

Silence answered him back, the knocking turned louder and faster from outside, matching the speed of everyone’s rising heart beat.

 

Not being able to hold it any longer after the knocking grew louder, Heechul turned to Zhoumi who was closest to the door “Yah! Just open the damn thing it’s probably just Kibummie back from his schedule. And Choi Siwon you bring that back to Thor or I swear to god I’ll oush you down the stairs like what Scar did.”

 

Zhoumi got up immediately and went of to open the door for his band mate. Collective sighs can be heard as the rest let out a sigh of relief after finding out who was the one knocking.

 

“Hyuunnngggg you shouldn’t use the Lord’s name that way.” whined the catholic man but still changed the channel anyway.

 

“And I don’t care, Lion King reminds me of bad things.” reasoned the pretty man as he shivered, dark DVD rooms and hands touching him everywhere came back as he shuddered. The arms wrapped around him tightened in a comfortingly as if to rid him of his thought.

 

Heechul grinned and turned back to the man holding him who only smiled and kissed his forehead in return.

 

“Don’t worry, Rella. Next time I’ll bring you to the DVD room and make sure you’ll only experience good things” Hangeng replied in his usual accented voice with a hint of mischief and promise lingering in his eyes.

 

Heechul quickly caught on as his eyes darkened, matching his lover’s equally darkened eyes.

 

“Oh? And how will you do that, Hannie?” he asked with a slight purr.

 

“Hyungs Please, don’t flirt in front of us. Its unsettling.” Complained Kangin boldly. Voicing out what the others thought as well.

 

“Aw, but atleast if Hangeng hyung does that Heechul hyung can finally watch movies with us.” Said Ryeowook who appeared from the kitchen with Leeteuk and Sungmin after deciding that their plan was useless.

 

“Yeah but if he’s only gonna be reminded of dirty things then I’d rather he be scarred instead than risking the chance of home being all the time.” said Kangin which earned him a smack from Leeteuk and a glare from Heechul himself.

 

“Psh. You’re just angry because Teukie won’t let you touch him in public.” shot Heechul collecting ‘Ooohhhhhs!’ from the rest.

 

But before Kangin could retort back, all eyes turned to the sounds of footsteps as Zhoumi and Kibum finally appeared. Zhoumi turned out to be carrying Kibum’s other things that’s why they took so long.

 

They dropped off Kibum’s things near the carpet, immediately after doing so, Zhoumi rushed back to his spot next to Henry on the floor while Kibum crouched down to rummage his yellow bag. As Leeteuk was about to ask Kibum how his schedule went and what he was looking for, everything turned quiet as Kibum finally took out what he was looking for.

 

It was a box.

 

But not just any box, it was a white box with a pretty red ribbon on top.

 

13 collective breaths were frozen as they took in the harmless looking box in Kibum’s hand which is technically the embodiment of all the nasty things inside Pandora’s box.

 

Knowing what come next, they all scooted away from danger while Hangeng wrapped his arms tighter around Heechul’s frame. Everyone knows what comes next and it was just so unfair that their Original Maknae had to be the one to cause and suffer from it.

 

But unlike what everyone expected from a soon-to-be-dead-man, Kibum actually appeared to be calm and not as if he was offering to get himself eaten by a red headed beast.

 

“Hyung. I got this for you.” he said plainly as he looked at the slowly about to erupt Heechul in the eyes.

 

“...and what, exactly, did you get me Kibum-ah” asked Heechul icely which got the other to flich and cower in fear more.

 

“It’s a gift, Hyung, but I don’t know why I even bothered--”

 

Everyone in the audience paled even more as Kibum not only broke the taboo, but he even insulted Heechul. Siwon was already praying for Kibum’s acceptance from heaven with Henry as Ryeowook and Yesung mentally chose what song they were going to sing on Kibum’s funeral. While the rest of the members were even too shocked to actually do anything.

 

“---since you don’t even look like a day over 21, Hyung.” he finished as he placed the box on the frozen man’s lap.

 

Silence surrounded the dorm again. This time filled with more confusion, anticipation and fear. All waiting to see what Heechul would do.

 

The man in question was to frozen in shock to even do anything much less throw the remote at Kibum the way he initially planned the moment he saw Kibum take out the box. But alas, his cunning Dongsaeng threw him off his wreckage path as he ended his greeting, successfully disabling his want to start a war.

 

Tension grew quicker as they looked back from Heechul to Kibum.

 

Unable to take it any longer, Kibum boldly held one of Heechul’s arms and pulled, standing up the taller male as they now stood face to face. Heechul’s back facing everyone else. Hangeng quickly sprang up to wrap his arms around his boyfriend again to protect his seemingly suicidal Dongsaeng from his wrath but was pulled won by Leeteuk who was quiet during then entire exchange.

 

“Hyung, he’s gonna kill him..”

 

“Shhh Geng-ah, he won’t.”

 

Hangeng struggled even more but was held down by the combined forces of Sungmin, Kangin and Siwon.

 

Meanwhile, Heechul was still staring at the box in shock.

 

Kibum smiled at this and wrapped his arms around Heechul. “Happy Birthday, Hyung. Saranghae.”

 

Heechul froze up as he registered both the words and his Dongsaeng’s arms around him. Hangeng, with knew intention of actually sacrificing his life to save Kibum’s, froze as well as Heechul hugged Kibum back.

 

His jaw, along side the others’s jaws fell down as they took in the sight before them.

 

“Aigoo. Thank you Kibum-ah. You’re so thoughtful, let Hyung treat you later, okay?”

 

Kibum nodded as he rested his chin on the other man’s shoulder to look over their audience. Right then and there, the young man’s cool facade broke as he smirked at the other members, Triumph and smugness swimming in his eyes.

 

The first one to understand his facial expression was Donghae who gasped loudly and pointed at him.

 

“You won’t..”

 

“Hyung,” Kibum called as he tightened his grip around Heechul who only hummed in response. “Heechul hyung, I am your favorite, right?”

The rest gasped in realization as they uncovered the original Maknae's intention. Kyuhyun joined Donghae as he stood up as well and was about to march right to the couple but was stopped by Heechul's answer.

 

"Of course Kibum-ah. Unlike you, those brats didn't get me anything. Wookie didn't even bother to make me seaweed soup." The pretty man answered sadly. Behind him Ryeowook stood up indignantly, feeling unfair as he actually did make seaweed soup but was too scared to actually give it to him.

"I know, Hyung. Wookie and the rest are so mean, they didn't even do anything special for you even if everyone had the day off." 

By now, everyone was slightly pissed off at the actor as they all felt wronged and cheated on, now he's even going so far as insulting them in front of their faces.

"Why don't we go downtown to your favorite restaurant, Hyung. You can treat me there." Kibum chimed as he dragged Heechul by the arm, smirk not leaving his face as he looked at the others but his killer smile flashing Heechul every time they look at each other. 

 

"Yah, Heechul-ah, stay here we prepared something for you as well" Leeteuk reasoned as he tried to stop the two from going out and to stop Kibum from futher brainwashing his Friend.

"That's true Hyung!" chimed Henry which earned a nod from the other members who were now all standing up to persuade the pretty man.

"Wookie and Teukie hyung actually prepared food for you earlier." said Sungmin as he gestured to the kitchen.

"But you threw it all away, didn't you, Hyung?" shot back Kibum 

Sungmin didn't answer him as he chose to look away instead along with Ryeowook, guilt flooding them. 

"But we have gifts for you as well Hyung!" Eunhyuk said as he tried to save their face

"Yeah but they're not wrapped aren't they, Hyung?" said Kibum again, wrapping his arms around Heechul's waist, smirk never leaving his face.

"You little brat--" started Kangin as he glared at the younger

"Yah. Kim Youngwoon! Touch Kibum and you'll deal with me. The same goes with all of you. How dare you try to hurt the only person who remembered my birthday?!" Heechul said angrily making the other members step back and Kibum smirk bigger.

"Now, my favorite dongsaeng and I" Donghae and Kyuhyun gasped at this and glared harder at Kibum who only shot them an innocent smile "are going to go out and celebrate my birthday that only HE remembered. And once WE come back I want you all to fix the chores schedule in order to remove Kibum's name in it for 3 months." 

"3 months? Hyung that's too much--" whined Shindong

"Fine. 8 months!" Heechul exclaimed as he glared as Shindong more. 

Finally, he turned around to the direction of the door dragging Kibum behind him leaving 13 angry, wronged and guilty men.

"Now let's go Kibum-ah. Let Hyung treat you well, okay?"

"Yes Hyung~"

"Aigoo my good Dongsaeng" he cooed

But before they were really out of everyone's view. Kibum looked back at the rest of the members who were still watching them.

"Bye Hyungs~~ We'll bring you back something yummy" his face gone from the innocent look he showed Heechul and was replaced with his Smirk from before.

The two were gone with a bang leaving the dorm in silence again.

"....we are going to give that brat hell when he comes back, right?" asked Kangin with gritted teeth 

"we will, once Heechul Hyung lets him out of his sight he's dead meat for sure." promised Yesung

"that is IF Heechul lets him out of his sight, you know how protective he can get." Sighed Leeteuk as he rubbed his forehead in exhaustion as he imagined reorganizing the Chore list later on and having to comfort an upset Donghae and Kyuhyun and convince them that they are still Heechul's favorites.

Donghae, who was still angry about the entire thing alongside Kyuhyun, turned to Hangeng to vent but was taken back by the man's said appearance.

"Hangeng hyung...?" he asked the frozen man

".....Hee won't even let me take him out today.. but...because today is..and" stammered the Chinese man in shock.

Zhoumi patted the older man in the back to try and unfreeze him.

"but at least there's one good thing out of it," said the cheerful voice of Henry. They all turned to him with questioning looks on their faces "at least now we know how to greet Hyung on his birthday."

The other let that sink in slowly, and in true Super Junior fashion, quickly scrambled away from each other pushing and oulling to either get their present and wrap it, look and fight over the prettiest paper they can find, and not chewed up pen. All the while trying to squeeze their artistic mind into something that can please/flatter their Hyung, all doing their best to outdone the other. 

In short, everything was in an even bigger chaos than the other times they set Heechul off on his birthday.

"Hyung! Ryeowook bit me!!"

"You tried to use my apron as a wrapper!"