Second.

The second time around

"How are you Chae?" Jeongyeon asked her out of concern.

It's been a week since they found out that Sakura had an amnesia from the accident that happened.

"I'm okay" Chaeyeon said smilling

Jeongyeon was shocked at how Chaeyeon's handling the situation because she herself wouldn't know what she would do if the same thing happens to Nayeon.

"Doesn't it feel like you're starting from zero again Chae?"

Chaeyeon shrugged "It's actually okay unnie"

"What do you mean it's okay Chae?" Jeongyeon asked confused.

Chaeyeon looked at Jeongyeon with a smile in her eyes and said the words that made her admire her little sister.

"Loving her is the best thing that happened to me, she was there at my worst and at my best. She made me fall for her a lot of times, now it's my time to take care of her and make her fall for me. Love for the second time, Isn't it the best unnie?"

"Hmm, you're right. It is" Jeongyeon replied, now smilling.

"Now now, I'll just go to Saku-chan's room unnie"

............
*knock knock*

"Come in" Sakura answered.

"Hi, Saku-ch---, ah Sakura" Chaeyeon told Sakura

"Ah, Hi Chaeyeon" Sakura replied.

"Ah---" Chaeyeon was cut by Sakura

"I'm sorry Chaeyeon, I'm sorry for not remembering of anything about us" Sakura was trying her best to remember everything but she was told not to think too hard since it would stress her and make her condition worse. The thing is Chaeyeon has been nothing but nice, super nice for her liking and it makes her want to remember everything.

"No no no. It's okay Saku-ch---, Ahh, Sakura"

"It's okay, Chaeyeon, you can call me like how you call me before" Sakura was touched at how Chaeyeon's resisting her self to call her with her nickname.

"Hmm, Saku-chan. How do you feel? Are you okay? Anything you need?" Chaeyeon asked continuously

Sakura giggled "Hmm, too many questions. How do I feel? Good. Am I okay? Yep. Anything I need? You, maybe?"

Still a tease huh, even with amnesia. Chaeyeon thought.

Chaeyeon laughed. "Oh, are you sure you have an amnesia Saku-chan? I don't think so?"

"What do you mean Chaeyeon? Hmm, too long. Can I just call you bub?" Sakura answered which made Chaeyeon just blink.

*Really, same words, and the same nickname? Damn, It feels like everything is happening again, but for the second time* Chaeyeon thought.

"Of course you can, Saku-chan" Chaeyeon replied.

Flashback

"Chaeyeon. Hmm. Too long. Can I just call you bub?" Sakura asked Chaeyeon

"What do you mean it's long? It's just two syllables just so you know Saku-chan" Chaeyeon bestfriend.

Sakura pouted "Whatever, I'm calling you bub. You don't have a choice"

"Well. Okay okay" Chaeyeon answered laughing.

End of flashback.

"What do you want to do today Saku-chan? You're getting discharged later"

"Date"

"What?" second time of Chaeyeon just blinking.

"Let's go on a date bub. If our memories of us won't come to me fast, then let's just make new ones" Sakura smiled at Chaeyeon which made her heart flatter.

*Damn, I know I told Jeong unnie that It's my time to make Sakura fall for me this time, but looks like it's me falling for her over and over again. How could she be this charming and smart* Chaeyeon thought.

"Okay, Let's go on a date Saku-chan"
........
At an Amusement Park

It was Sakura's choice of place and It didn't shock Chaeyeon since it's the place Sakura always wanted to go even before. Actually, It's two choices. The Amusement Park or Chaeyeon's family house, Sakura likes talking and playing with her younger sisters.

"Let's go to the jet coaster bub" Sakura said with whole seriousness whick made Chaeyeon gulp. She doesn't actually like extreme rides. She's not a fan.

*Damn, I should have expected this. Lord help me*

"O-o-okay Saku-chan. Let's g-g-go" Chaeyeon was nervous.
...........

"OH MY GOD. I'M GONNA DIE! AHHHHHHH"

Sakura was now laughing at Chaeyeon. "Geez, It haven't even started yet bub. Such a baby"

Chaeyeon glared at her. "Why do you even like this kind of things, It's scary"

"Bub, It's fun not scary"

"Whatever you say princess"

Sakura just smiled at her.

Then, it started. To sum it all up. The ride was full of shouting and praying.

"Oh my God bub, You were hilarious" Sakura couldn't stop laughing as soon as it ended a. "Were you always like this before? I didn't take you for a coward"

"Tsk. I'll get my revenge. It's my turn to pick Saku-chan" Chaeyeon told her while smirking which then made Sakura gulp this time.

"Unfair! You remember everything about me!" Sakura said out of nervousness.

"All is fair in war babe. Now. Let's go Haunted House!"

"Noooo, bub!"

"Hmm, yes. Come on! It's not like I wouldn't be there baby" Chaeyeon was now being soft, she hugged Sakura. "Is this okay?“

"Hmm" Sakura just nodded "How can a hug make me calm" Sakura blurted out her thoughts

"I see, still the person that blurts out her thoughts"

"Tss, I bet that's what made you fall for me bub" Sakura

"Hmm, You're right. It's one of your traits that I love" Chaeyeon replied which made Sakura smile.

"Let's go then bub. I expect you to be my Knight in shining feathers"

.............
"Omma!"

"Oh my God! Go away!"

"Saku-chan, Don't punch the ghosts! They are people! Lol!"

"Ahhhhh!!"

"Oh , I'm sorry Mummy-sshi"

"Go awayyy!!"

As they went out of the Haunted House. They looked at each other and fits of laughter came out.

"Saku-chan that was soooo funny"

"I feel sorry for those who I punched"

"Why'd you even do that?!"

"I was scared!"

 

“You’re crazy”

“Yeah, whatever” Sakura rolled her eyes but smiled at Chaeyeon afterwards.

………….

 “Aren’t you hungry?” Chaeyeon asked Sakura

“Hmm, a bit?”

“What do you want to eat?”

1…2…3.

“Yukhoe/Yukhoe”

“Eh?!! How did you what I wanted to eat?” Sakura was cutely blinking which made Chaeyeon laugh.

“Well, first of all,It’s your favorite Saku-chan”

Chaeyeon’s smile faded when she saw the frown on Sakura’s face, So she asked the other girl.

“Hey, what’s with the frown?” Chaeyeon held Sakura’s hand.

“I just feel everything is unfair for you. You keep on making me happy while here I am just accepting everything without giving something back” Sakura looked down.

“Oh baby, You’re completely wrong with that” Sakura looked at Chaeyeon feeling confused

“You telling me that you wanted to go on a date to make new memories since our old memories won’t come to you fast. Damn, baby you don’t know effect you have on me.” Chaeyeon brought Sakura’s hand up to kiss it.

“You haven’t changed a bit, You, you’re still you. You’re still the greatest gift I ever had. Damn it, Why are you so selfless. Baby, always remember, You don’t need to give me something back.”

Sakura was then crying. No, they were both crying. Let me be the one to give something back this time. Let me love you. Let me be the one to make you happy this time arou-----“

Chaeyeon was then cut by a passionate kiss given by Sakura, tears fell through this kiss. Between those kisses, a scene played through Sakura’s mind.

*FLASHBACK*

Sakura was silently waiting for Chaeyeon at the fountain since Chaeyeon told her to wait for her there, when suddenly someone held her hand and that someone was singing….

Woo really really like you

I’ve been waiting since a long time ago
With the sound of Spring that comes after the cold Winter
Unknowingly, my heart that has been asleep is now running
I am reminded of that time

I remember
That day we first met
I think we were very cold
Cuz I’m with you
Passing by the freezing Winter
The sprouts grow

Really like you, please hold my hand tight
Please don’t let go of this hand
So we can dream while holding onto our warm hands
I really like you, I really really like you
Since I’m with you I am able to dream a brightly shining dream again tonight
With you

You became my outer wear for the cold wind
The countless number of stars we at above
The moment our eyes locked, my courage sparkles
There’s no need for words, we can do everything

The stars in the night become the light
The songs of the small birds starts
Along with the melody, you and I start to dance
Forever with us

The great times, our memories
From one to ten we were in it together, always together

I remember
The day we first met, it must’ve been particularly colder
Cuz I’m with you
Passing by the frozen Winter, the sprouts grow

Really like you, please hold my hand tight
Please don’t let go of this hand
So we can dream while holding onto our warm hands
I really like you, I really really like you
Since I’m with you I am able to dream a brightly shining dream again tomorrow

I think I really like you, I think of us on that day once more
I wish that our dreams that grew since yesterday would reach the sky
You and I, following the shining dream
We walk a step forward, a step forward

Really like you, I’ll hold your hand tight
I’ll not let go of this hand
Hold onto both warm hands and look at the sky
I really like you, I really really like you
If we’re together, we can shine whenever forever
With you

Chaeyeon had the music club to back her up for this event. A crown was formed, actually the whole university was already rooting for them even before. It’s just that Chaeyeon wanted to take things slowly.

Sakura was touched at what just happened and was now crying.Chaeyeon then took both of her hands and asked.

“Miyawaki Sakura-san. My bestfriend. Saku-chan, are you willing to give me a chance to be more than your bestfriend, Please let me love you?” Chaeyeon already knew what would her bestfriend say but she was still nervous. The other students who were watching were silent and were nervous too.

Sakura smiled and wiped her tears. She nodded and said “You absolutely have the chance, bub” The crowd roared and cheered, Chaeyeon then lifted Sakura and pecked her lips. “You make me happy baby”

“You make me happy too” Still being lifted by Chaeyeon, Sakura held Chaeyeon’s face and gave her a kiss .The crowd was then found roaring and cheering more.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

They then separated, both of them still eyes closed.

“I, I remembered something bub. You, that was, oh my God”

“What is it baby?”

“Your confession, the song” Sakura blinked at what she remembered.

“Oh, happiest day of my life”

Sakura smiled. “Were you that amazing and charming? No wonder I fell for you, bub. Now I can’t wait to remember everything”

“Tsk, there you are with your amazing choice of words that make me fall more and more baby” Chaeyeon pouted.

“Oh my God. Cute! You can be this cute too?” which made Sakura to pinch Chaeyeon’s cheeks.

“Shakura-shan, sheem’s you’re enjoying” Sakura just giggled.

They spent the day just having fun and making memories as per Sakura’s wish.

Sakura’s recovery was smooth sailing through the months that passed through. They went and went on dates as per Sakura’s wish which was gladly obliged by Chaeyeon and told Chaeyeon this.

“I want to remember you fully. It’s not that I don’t love you now. It’s just that It doesn’t feel enough. I want to give you my whole heart” which made Chaeyeon say this words.

“Damn you, and your beautiful words. I love you so much!”

Today, Sakura just wanted to talk and play with Chaeyeon’s little sisters so they are at Chaeyeon’s family house.

“Sakura unnie” Chaemin called her and gave her something “Here, a sticker, you look like her so I’m giving it to you” Sakura gladly accepted Chaemin’s gift and told her “Thank you Chaemin ah” She then patted the head of the youngest. “”Ah, such a cutie!”

“Chaemin ah, time for afternoon nap!” Chaeryeong called “Chaeyeon unnie, Mom’s looking for you, Kkura unnie, I’ll go first. I’ll have to make sure this little kid sleeps”

“Mmm, Okay. Goodluck with that Chaeryeong-ah” Sakura which made Chaeryeong shook her head and smile.

“Jaa, baby. I’ll just talk to Mom” She stood up and kissed Sakura’s forehead.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chaeyeon then went to her Mom, then as soon as she opened the door, her mother showed her something so familiar to her.

“Mom! Why do you have that?!”

“Found it somewhere in your room, young lady!”

“Soooo, are youuuu?!” Chaeyeon just smiled and nodded which made her mother smile and suddenly she squealed.

“Mom! Stop!”

“Okay, okay. When?”

“Later, that’s why I told you I’ll be out tonight”

“I’m so happy for you Chae, my beautiful daughter” She was then hugged by her mother. “ Take care of her, She’s an angel”

“I know, Mom” She smiled at her mother.

She then bid goodbye to her mother and went back to Sakura just to find her girl sleeping on the couch.

She then went near her girl and slightly tap her cheecks. “Oh, I fell asleep” Sakura then sat up and rubbed her eyes.

“You can sleep in the car, I have to bring you somewhere”

Sakura’s face lit up “Where?!!”

Chaeyeon smiled “It’s a secret”

Sakura pouted causing Chaeyeon to pinch her cheeks “Come on, let’s go baby” Chaeyeon offered her hand and was gladly accepted by Sakura.

They arrived at a villa in the mountains. Chaeyeon’s family villa to be exact. Chaeyeon brought out something and gave it to Sakura. A puzzle.

“Saku-chan, I’ll go out for a bit. Entertain yourself with this” Sakura always liked puzzles. She has a lot of those at her house.

“I’ll go now” Chaeyeon didn’t expect an answer since she knew how absorbed can her girl be when it comes to puzzles. Chaeyeon smiled at herself and said “As expected” She then went out.

Sakura finished completing the puzzle. “FIND ME J” what was written on the puzzle. Sakura smiled and said “Hmm, interesting bub”

She then stood up and went out. As soon as she opened the door, she found a path made of candles, It’s already dark outside , but as she walks past through those candles, they lit up. “What are you up to bub?” again she can’t stop herself from smiling.

She followed the path and what she found out was such an spectacular sight. Cherry blossom trees in full bloom, lights hanging around the tree made it more amazing. But what caught her attention the most was the biggest one at the middle. The tree contained many candid photos of her, just hanging along with the lights. She went closer to it and silently admired it.

“Did you like it baby?” She looked for the voice and found Chaeyeon on a branch of the tree. She hasn’t noticed since she was too absorbed at admiring and looking at the photos.

“Oh my God, Were you there since you left?”

“Hmm, since you went out of the house, I was watching you” She showed her phone, and she then went down.

“I have one more task for you Saku-chan, As soon as you complete it, A new one would start” Chaeyeon told her smiling. Sakura always liked things that she finds interesting and Chaeyeon is good at making things interesting so she got Sakura’s attention,

“Oh, What is it?” She said excitedly.

Chaeyeon laughed at the girl’s reaction.

“Find the photo I took of you when I confessed, It’s easy Saku-chan. You have the fountain as a clue” Sakura then started looking for it, as soon as she found it, “Bub, found it, What’s next?”

“There’s a button there, push it” As soon as Sakura pushed the button, The colors of the lights changed, one by one. As the lights are changing colors, Letters are formed. Sakura was following it. As the letters made sense , she put her hand on , tears forming in her eyes, she looked at Chaeyeon.

“Bub……” Cheyeon then went on the middle, went to the last bulb that lit up. It only lit up when the words were formed, there hung a box. She went to get it and went to Sakura who was still covering her hand.

“Oh my God” came out of Sakura’s mouth when Chaeyeon kneeled in front of her.

“Miyawaki Sakura, You, who lit my path, you who made my world boom when darkness was consuming me” Chaeyeon paused a little and said the words formed by the lights.

“WILL YOU MARRY ME?”

Sakura kneeled with Chaeyeon, held Chaeyeon’s face and said “Yes, bub. I’ll marry you” Chaeyeon then went it and kissed Sakura with all the love she have.

“Bub, you still have to put the ring on my finger” Sakura said as soon as they separated. Chaeyeon laughed and got the ring on the box and put it on Sakura’s finger.

 

 

Love is constant.

 

THE END.