final

because i do

Hwang Eunbi was laying in her bed, her eyes wandering the ceiling. The girl took a deep breath, then one more, until she got up fast.

— Aaaaaaarrrrrgh! I’m so bored. — She broke her cellphone two days ago and the device wasn’t fixed yet. She could watch tv or use her laptop, but nothing was holding her attention for too long. The brunette decided to go find her friends in their dorm so they could talk or play together. Eunha was her first choice, but the girl was busy in a schedule with Yuna and Yewon. Yerin too was busy, so her only option was: Sojung. Her stomach twisted at the thought, the memories of their last encounter still vivid in her mind.

Eunbi knocked the elder’s door. Part of her wanted the leader to be there, but the other part thought about the fact that they would be alone. Again. 

[flashback]

— Unnieeeee! Let’s go, you said you would drink with me this time. — Sinb whined, pulling Sojung into the kitchen’s direction.

— I don’t think it’s a good idea, Sinb-ah. — the leader answered, her voice tired. The younger, though, wouldn’t give up easily. Sojung did promise Eunbi they would drink soju together, but she didn’t think it would be so soon. 

The two of them ended up drinking, anyway. Since they were in vacation after a successful comeback, all of the girls went somewhere to enjoy their free time. But Sojung and Eunbi stayed, them both having an individual photoshoot to do in Seoul. 

The two girls were happily chatting about everything and nothing. They talked about their families, childhood friends, idols friends, GFriend, the company, their dreams and fears. Until the next topic left them suddenly nervous.

— Do you like anyone? Any boy got your attention lately? — It was Sojung’s question. Eunbi gulped without knowing what to respond to that. Could she say the truth? Or at least half of it? 

— No... — She murmured and Sojung felt a tiny signal of hope form in her heart, even though she didn’t understand that feeling at all. 

— Don’t you worry, you will find someo-...

— I don’t like any boy, I mean. — Eunbi cut the older off, without looking her in the eyes.

— Uh? I think I understood this already. — Sojung replied, confused. She tried to search for the younger’s eyes, but Sinb couldn’t look at Sowon when she was about to say her most personal secret.

— I do like a girl, though. — Eunbi mumbled and her voice could hardly be heard. The leader opened her eyes big, surprised (but not that much) about the information she was given. 

— Oh. I see. — It was all Sojung could say. The alcohol was already in both of their heads and they didn’t know what do next because the situation got uncomfortable all of sudden. But exactly because the older was starting to feel braver, she pushed her chair next to Eunbi’s. — I like girls too, and boys. But most of the time, girls. 

Eunbi lifted her head, her eyes shining. 

— Really, unnie? — She asked hopeful. Sojung just nodded, a smile forming in her lips. — Oh, I’m so relieved. I thought you would scold me.

— What? Why would I ever do that? — Sojung asked, raising her eyebrows. — Even if I didn’t like girls too, I would never judge you.

— I love you, unnie. — The younger bursts out and hugs tight her leader; those words meaning more than they should. 

They chatted more about that part of their lives, getting to know each other even better than before. They laugh, they joke, they play and fight each other. The alcohol got them feeling light headed, words messy and actions too. 

Suddenly their faces were so close to each other that Eunbi felt her breathing fail. Sojung’s eyes were like the universe and there were so many unspoken words that the younger couldn’t figure out. But just like magnets, the dancer felt herself get closer of the leader and when she realized, their lips were locked together. 

The kiss was soft and curious, a little messy. The two of them tried to adjust to that new feeling and they liked that so much. But the kiss didn’t last longer; Sinb pulled away, scared, and ran to her bedroom. Sowon tried to talk to the younger, but got no answer back. They both sat in the ground, next to the door, each one in different places of the dorm, heads full of confused thoughts about what just happened between the two. 

[end of flashback]

— Come in. — Sojung screamed from the other side. Eunbi took a deep breath and opened the door, cautiously entering the room. The leader didn’t lifted her head at first, but when her visitor didn’t say a word, the older looked up. — Oh. Eunbi, h-hi. 

The fact is: it’s been four days since the kiss and they haven’t talked yet. Members knew something was strange between the two, but no one dared to ask. 

— Hi, unnie. Uhm... — Eunbi looked out of place. Her heart was beating so fast and she didn’t know what to do, completely forgot about whatever she was doing there. — I think... I’ll go back to my room. By-

— No! Wait! — Sojung got up fast from her bed, walking in Eunbi’s direction. The latter felt her body tremble due Sowon’s closeness. — Don’t go. I missed you. — And suddenly, the leader pulled the dancer into a hug. Sinb couldn’t help but melt in that embrace that she too missed so much. 

They stayed like that for what seemed years, until Eunbi broke the action and you could see tears in her eyes.

— I’m sorry that other day. I didn’t want to make things weird between us. I... — she stopped, looking everywhere but Sojung. — The alcohol... I, I didn’t mean to... — A sigh. — ...kiss you. I don’t feel that way towards you. 

Well, it was a lie for sure. Eunbi couldn’t tell when she started having a crush on Sojung because it looked like it was since forever; she tried to hide that feeling for so long, first putting in her head that was just admiration, but she grew older and learnt that the it wasn’t just that. It was more, much more. The dancer felt lost, because of course the leader would never see her that way. But when the alcohol mixed her thoughts and she saw how close Sowon’s face was, she couldn’t wait to feel those soft lips on hers.

— You don’t? — the leader asked, her voice full of confusion, losing the grip on Sinb’s body. But her expression changed to a soft one, a smile playing in her lips. — Because I do. 

The leader didn’t wait a response, she didn’t need to. She knew the younger too well to see that she was lying. And then Sojung kissed the dancer, a kiss full of passion and happiness.