Chapter 1

Undercover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Almost 3 weeks earlier..

[ Youngjae]

"Hey! Choi!" I screwed my eyes shut after waking up from my slumber, already feeling the aching of my muscles.

"Choi!" the familiar gruff voice yelled as the banging at the door got louder.

Running a hand across my face, I heard him shout again, "Open the door!"

Once I heard that, my body tensed before I stood up and stumbled to where my family slept, "Oh no, it's Jungmin." I yelped in panic.

"Choi!" Jungmin called loudly once again.

"Wake up! Wake up." I shook my sister awake and stepped over the tangled limbs beneath the covers, "Pops, wake up." I saw him flutter his eyes before helping him up, "Get ready." I stated as I straightened my wrinkled clothes.

Looking back, I saw my sisters, nephews and dad standing up and preparing themselves for what was about to come, "Ready?" I asked but never waited for their reply before opening the door to reveal a man tumbling down, "Oh my." I grabbed his arm but he shoved me away.

"Hi! Good morning!" my family and I greeted cheerfully, "What's so good about the morning?!" Jungmin inquired irritatedly, tucking his newspaper under his forearm.

"Pay your rent now!" he directed the sentence to my dad, "Maybe we can-," Dad stated but got interrupted by Jungmin , "If you can't afford to pay your rent, the outside is big enough! You can live there for all I care!" he threw his arms up to the direction of the road beside our apartment.

"Please Jungmin ." Dad tried to reason, "Have a heart." he added, "Yeah." MinGi patted Dad's back in a reassuring manner.

"Maybe you can give us an extension." Dad queried, "I would." Jungmin replied, making me sigh in relief, "If your debt was only a month's rent, but you owe me half a year! 6 months!" Jungmin emphasized the word, making me wince.

"You need to pay your rent next week! Or else, I'll be happily kicking you out and you'll be living on the streets! Is that what you want?!" Jungmin roared, "We don't want any trouble, but we will definitely pay next week." I retorted, knowing what I said had a big possibility of being a lie.

"Youngjae , Youngjae , how many times did we have this conversation?" Jungmin chuckled sarcastically, "Don't say it. Do it." he ave

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter