Trophy

Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her heart beat faster for her. She's nervous. Although she's not the one standing in front of thousands audience, she can feel herself sweating.

'Wonyoung ah...'

She call her name softly. Hoping that her heart will be calm down as she did it. An arms wrap around her shoulder, she turn around, meeting with a smile that never fail to make her feel better.

"Babe... She'll be fine, OK?"

"But-"

"Oh come on... She will be doing just fine..."

"Chaeyeon..."

"Yes Mrs. Lee?"

"I'm still scared..."

She smile. Making her a bit better and anxious at the same time. "I know she has prepared for everything! But still what if-"

"Eunbi..."

Chaeyeon got no choice. If Eunbi become panic, she need to do this. She doesn't care about the crowd surrounding them. Eunbi is important.

"Our kid, our lovely daughter. Our Lee Wonyoung will be doing just fine," Chaeyeon took a deep breath, "She'll snacth the trophy and become Nation's Lovely Treasure, she'll be the first! She's the champion! Now don't worry about it OK?"

Eunbi can heard scoff from people around her as Chaeyeon talk. She look at those determined and comforting eyes. Slowly the corner of her lips went up followed by a slow nod. "Okay babe... I trust you" she's completely giving in when Chaeyeon hug her tight. Letting all her worried washed away by kisses from the love of her life.

"Now let's support our baby"

©©©

Married to Chaeyeon is a blessing, having Wonyoung in their family is the real deal, but she enjoys it!

Now watching her little girl growing up. It feels like nothing could describe that kind of feelings.

When Wonyoung said that she want to join a speech competition. Eunbi had no idea about what kind of competition she'll need to attend for the sake of her child. Turn out everything is not as simple as she thought.

It was painful for her to see Wonyoung being all worked up over this. Eunbi knows that once Wonyoung dedicate herself to do something, she'll make sure everything went perfect (got it from her parents) but that means she'll work twice harder than how the others did. It's painful.

She doesn't mind to wake up at 3 AM in the morning to prepare her simple breakfast and bento for lunch. She doesn't mind staying up all night accompanying Wonyoung to practice her speech. She doesn't mind at all.

Everything for her beautiful and obedient daughter.

What Eunbi wasn't prepared for is... The final.

She had no idea that the speech competition will be held as an international event in Seoul, for the final round. She was scared to death. Somehow regretting the choice she made. Somehow questioning her own existence as a mother for Wonyoung.

She remember Chaeyeon never left her side even for a second throughout the whole process from Wonyoung's birth and now her very first competition.

Chaeyeon will always hold her, making her feel safe. Despite of how busy she is as a top choreographer, she prioritize family first. It's still clear how Chaeyeon decline a meeting with client for the sake of Wonyoung's very first drama stage at Kindergarten.

"You think money is everything? Then you can marry them and have your own kids"

She'll always said this, "Anything... Anything... For my precious Lil lady... Wonyoung"

-and that never fail to melt Eunbi's worried away.

Now... They're standing within the crowds. Looking at how Wonyoung deliver her speech in English fluently. That bring a big smile on Eunbi's face.

As a kid, Wonyoung will always told her mommies, "I'm going to be the best! I'll be the champion! I will win no matter what!"

Although there are some failures in her way... Her parents are there to cheer her up. Telling her it's fine to lose sometimes. It means you'll have time to prepare for a better winning.

What's the result? She did surprisingly well almost in every aspect. She become a perfect student and she's well-mannered wherever she go. However, this competition... Is a great moment for her life.

She did it flawlessly.

Number one in her school, number one in her region, number one in Korea and now aimed for number one in the world.

After her speech, the judge will ask her question related to the topic. This part never fail to make both Eunbi and Chaeyeon worried. Wonyoung mention about one judge who's critical and often giving out-of-the-box question, pushing the contestant to the edge, making them panic.

The worst thing is... The same judge Wonyoung talk about last night, is the one who'll give her question.

"I had a simple question for you," the man in black suit and thick glasses look at Wonyoung, "What do you think is the greatest power in the world? The only power that can give joy and peace to everyone, and why?"

The crowd gasping. They start to murmur to each other about how peculiar the question is. It's weird.

Wonyoung's topic was about "How the Development of Human Resources become the Source of Nation's Prosperity"
It's clear how the question had nothing related to the topic but there are no sign of panic from how Wonyoung smile at the judge.

"Sir... Do you believe in super-hero?"

He look at the o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter