The Secret Hobby

Sunday Morning and a Curious Boyfriend

   A sigh escaped Jongin's lips as he lazed around on his boyfriend's bed, or should he say 'their' bed with how many times he stays over in a week. It wasn't like he didn't have his own apartment or anything, he just enjoyed the time being with Sehun. Especially, since it had been hectic for the both of them to see one another, with their work schedules and the side projects he had going on for the dance academy he worked at. Whatever time he had outside of his work was devoted to his dogs and boyfriend. 

   He was brought out of his reverie when he felt fur brush across his arm, Vivi having moved up next to him and nuzzled against his hand to be petted. The action brought a chuckle out of Jongin as he ran his fingers through pampered fur a few times before he sat up on the bed, finally feeling more awake than before. It took forever for him to get out of bed in the mornings and it became more apparent on his days off whenever he spent the night over at Sehun's.

   It always got him into trouble with Sehun but today wasn't one of those days. The other had warned him not to bother him as he was working on something, and to entertain himself until he was done. Of course, the warning only garnered the attention of Jongin's curious side as he wondered what it was that his boyfriend did on Sunday mornings.

   In the beginning stages of their relationship, Sehun would tell him to not bother him or come over on the mornings of the specific day. It was an odd request, if he could even call it that, but one that he respected. The thought of it always lingered in the back of his mind and it seemed to be his lucky day as he was going to figure out what was so special about this day.

  Jongin got up off the bed and stretched while walking out from the bedroom and down the small hallway. He spotted Sehun over at the dining table looking so focused on something he couldn't see, it caused an eyebrow to raise. Instead of heading straight for the table though, he went over to the couch and flopped down while turning on the TV. Every few commercials he glanced over to see if his boyfriend moved from his spot, his hand resting on top of Vivi who crawled on his lap a few minutes after he sat down.

The continuous drone of the show playing on tv lost his interest as he let out a sigh, craving for attention from Sehun as he dropped his head back on the arm of the couch. He moved it to where he was looking over at him from upside down, eyes narrowing as he tried to get the other to look back. When it didn't work and Vivi had jumped off his lap to wonder back to the bedroom, did he get up from the couch and walk over to the table.

  "What're you doing?" Jongin tried to peek over the shoulder of his boyfriend as he asked, his eyes squinting when Sehun jumped a bit in his seat, losing focus while he moved to hover over the table. A thump sounded as he dropped the object he had been holding onto the table.

  "N-nothing? Why? I thought I told you to entertain yourself until I was done with something," Sehun huffed out as he kept his body over the table, hiding what he had been doing before the other interrupted him.

  Sehun's features twisted with nervousness and embarrassment, as he didn't want his boyfriend to know about his hobby. He knew this hobby of his was something that most people did, but he couldn't help the image of elderly women sitting around a table chatting while doing what he had been doing, in his head.

  Jongin grew even more curious and suspicious of the way his boyfriend was acting, moving closer to the table. "You did, but vivi left me and I got bored. Besides, you're supposed to be paying attention to me, since I came over and spent the night so that we could go out and do something today."

  "I paid you enough attention last night that should've lasted you until I was done this morning." Sehun responded, stilling in his movements as his ears grew red from what he said. There was a pregnant pause as Sehun looked at Jongin, lips moving in a way to correct what he meant to say but no audible words could be heard.

  It was already too late as there was a smirk marring Jongin's lips, a playful glint in his eyes as he looked back at Sehun. "Ohho? What is this attention you speak of? You have to be more specific because I surely don't have any memory of it?" Jongin wisecracked, his lips widening into a snicker at the way brown eyes widened at him.

  "S-shut up! You're such a ert Jongin! I didn't mean it like that," Sehun groaned out in exasperation from the way the other reacted to his sentence phrasing. He would like nothing more than to face palm himself into next year but that would undoubtly hurt more than the few minutes of embarrassment he had to endure.

  In the midst of Sehun's inner conversation, Jongin moved close enough to the table to see advertisement papers and ad magazines sprawled out on the table, scissors laying on top of them. Sehun scrambled and laid down on top of the table, right on top of his materials. His arms spread out to grip the edges of the table.

  "Go awayy, you're disturbing me," Sehun bit out half heartedly, a whine to his tone, as he struggled with Jongin who tried to push his side a bit so he could see more of what was he was working on. "Babe, come on, give me twenty minutes and I'm all yours. I promise"

  "Twenty minutes is too long and my curiousity is already piqued. Scoot it or lose it princess." Jongin grinned evilly, his hand coming up to smooth over the back of his boyfriend, intentionally going under his shirt to run it over smooth skin. "I can take it a little farther if you want me to."

  Sehun blushed as he felt the warmth from a hand traveling up and down his back, feeling it go lower and lower each time.  "No, no I'm okay. I'm not in- JONGIN WHAT THE HELL???" He yelled in shock when he felt the other's hand grab his roughly before smacking it. A choked sound escaping his lips as he let go of the table to twist his waist, looking back at the smug grin on his boyfriend.

  "What the he-"

  "Today is the Lord's day, don't you say that word in this house" Jongin reprimanded teasingly, pulling Sehun down towards him by the finger hooked in a belt loop, and wrapped an arm under him as he hefted up the other from the table. "Let's see here.....wow"

  "I-i-it's not what you think...I was simply-"

  "I concur. This is definitely what I think it is."

  "Nobody asked you!?? I..ah...I'm...my grandma..."

  "You told me you haven't talked to your grandma in a while because she's on vacation." Jongin deadpanned as he looked over the many stacks of ads on one side and clipped out coupons on the other. "So this is your sacred time? Couponing?"

  Sehun let out a small sniff, as he nodded in defeat. His secret was out, one that he tried to hide from the other because he was embarrassed of his hobby. Again, elderly ladies popped into his head and he swear he could hear his grandma talking amongst the ladies. He was cut off from his imagination when he heard a snort followed by laughter.

  "AHHAHAHAAHA THIS IS PRICELESS. WAIT... WAIT. I SHOULD SAY THIS IS... DISCOUNTED. AHAHAHAHAH GET IT?" Jongin laughed out harder because of his attempt at a coupon joke. His hand moved from Sehun's waist to his mouth as he cracked up, the imagination that Sehun had now passing over to Jongin's mind.

  "Ugh why am I dating you??? And your dad jokes?" Sehun scoffed though he had to turn away from the other to hide his grin and chuckle.

  "Wooo man...maybe because they're just as charming as me?" Jongin wheezed out as his laughter died down, the grin still plastered on his face. "You didn't have to hide this from me, you know."

  "I know....it's just, I found it embarrassing. Who else do you know that coupons? and that is around our age?" Sehun sighed out as he looked down at the table, fingers gripping the loose coupons.

  "Mmm..not many around our age that I know of but there's my grandparents? Who knows though? There could be a lot of people our age who do this. It's still not something to be embarrassed about or hide." Jongin moved to the ads that had scattered, organizing them into neat stacks on the table. His grin faded into a small smile as he spoke honestly about what he thought. "If you like doing this then hey? who am I to judge, it's just another quirk to add on to the long list of the things I love about you. Maybe if you tell me all about couponing and the cons of doing it then I might even become invested in this. It's interesting enough already that people save a lot of money by doing this. So...why not?"

  This was something he always loved about Jongin, his ability to be optimistic and point out the good side of things that he had been self conscious about. It acted as a balance in their relationship, as Sehun hadn't always been so confident in himself while Jongin was the complete opposite. He was the most confident person he knew, who didn't let that go to their head, and it was one of the things that he fell for.

  "If you really want to know....then I'll teach you all that I know about couponing," Sehun started as his expression softened, a small smile crossing his lips as he looked at Jongin's smile. It was an honest smile that backed up his words and told Sehun that he was willing to do this for him. "I'm still learning but I think our grandparents wouldn't mind adding in their tips. We should ask them one day, then."

  "I'm sure they won't mind at all, babe. Now come on Teacher, I'm more of a hands on learner than a listener," Jongin teased with a chuckle as he pressed a kiss to Sehun's temple before moving to sit in a chair at the table. "If you know what I mean...." He added deviously with a snicker, giving a wink at his boyfriend who huffed out through his nose.

  "I love you but...your ertedness should be illegal. I want a refund on this relationship. You ruined the romantic mood I was having of you." Sehun rolled his eyes and shook his head while sitting back down in his chair, Jongin laughing at his reaction.

  After Sehun began telling Jongin the basics of couponing and the benefits of it, he began to understand the importance it could have on a household and budgets. It made him admire Sehun to know that he took this up as soon as he had moved out on his own, an act of responsibility that Jongin most of the time, lacked. He always preferred fast food and convenience store food to buying groceries. A feat that he kept getting nagged about by both his boyfriend and Mother.

  "So, when are we going to the grocery store?" Jongin asked when Sehun was done with his lecture, carefully separating the coupons by groups and putting them inside zip lock bags. He watched as Sehun labeled them and added the dates to be used by, before the other let out a hum.

  "We can do a little bit of shopping today and you can see how it's done?" Sehun suggested, pursing his lip a bit in thought as he crumbled up the rest of the ads they didn't need.

  Not even a second later, Jongin got up from his seat and rushed from the table to go get ready, causing Sehun to look after him with an incredulous but warm look. He felt his heart skip a few beats from how eager Jongin seemed to be to try this out, a fondness overcoming him as he thought more about how attentive he was to his lesson.

  Maybe it wasn't so bad after all, in having Jongin find out about his hobby. He got up from the table and follwed after the other to the bedroom to get ready as well, a smile on his lips as he thought about his new partner in crime.

  Oh how deep he had fallen for his ert of a dancer.